La Masa

Hello everyone. I mostly play Ubers but from time to time I dabble into OU and I'd like to say that I think I'm an above average player. So instead of my usual going through these RMT threads to give people advice on their Ubers team, I decided to create an OU team. At this point, I was feeling like speaking Spanish so if you are confused the name means the bulk. This exemplifies what my team is mainly focused on. I have created a designated FWG core and i hope that you guys can give me suggestions to make this team more solid than it already is. But without further ado, lets get into my team:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
Here is my designated choice scarfer of the team. This thing gets so many people off guard as many people have been used to this generation's bulky Landorus-T. It is able to come in and revenge kill many other perceived faster pokemon such as Greninja. This set I brought over from last generation and it's attack stat in it's therian form hits an excellent 389. Giving it a choice scarf allows it to deal with it's mediocre speed and catch my opponent in an unexpected situation. It's moveset allows me coverage to hit anything I want in this tier for massive damage barring skarmory.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
Heatran is still a good tank even with the nerf to steel. With this generation, it gained a boon in being 4x resistant to fairy(bye bye Sylveon). My moveset is fairly standard with lava plume as STAB, Protect to scout and get recovery, Earth power to deal with other Heatran's and fire/steel/rock types that come in, and Stealth Rock to get up my hazards. It is by no means a suicide lead and it's resilience allow me to come back in later and use Stealth Rocks again if it has been dispelled by Rapid Spin and Defog. It is my special tank and it comprises the Fire type of my FWG core.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SDef
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
Venusaur is my mega of my team and it is the Grass pokemon of my FWG core. It has excellent mixed bulk and it's moveset allows it to deal residual damage in leech seed while allowing it to recover with it and Giga Drain. It's mega gave it a significant boost in Thick Fat and it gives it 50% reduction to Fire and Ice moves that it is normally frail to. It is able to come in and slow my opponent's momentum with this ability. Sludge Bomb is a great STAB as well as offering 30% to poison my opponent. All in all, Venusaur ties the team together and add's another significant tank my opponent needs to watch out for.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
Slowbro is my physical tank and Water member of my FWG core. This thing is amazing oh my Arceus. It is able to cripple opponent offensive pokemon with T-wave and has great physical defense. This thing should definitely be OU this tier with Talonflame running around. It also has great recovery both it Slack Off and it's ability Regenerator. It also is able to slowly chip away at the opponent with the combination of Scald and Ice Beam, which again has great synergy and coverage as to not leave Slowbro a sitting duck against most Pokemon in the tier such as the dragon types still here.

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 12 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
Aegislsash is an excellent offensive threat that came out this generation. It's Ghost typing along with the nerf to steel types and it's terrifying offensive stats make this so great. Here I use a full offensive set as I already have enough bulk within my FWG core. This is the "Crumbler" set from the Sixth Generation OU contributions forum. This set especially caught my eye as it deals more damage than other Aegislash forms that put Evs into Hp. It's moves are fairly standard with all of them hitting like a truck against anything that is on the opponent's side of the field. King's Shield allows me to scout what the opponent wants to do as well as lowering attack and switching to shield form.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
Here is my revenge Killer and Late game cleaner. Many people may tell me to put investment into speed instead, however the HP investment is so Dragonite is able to live other CB Dragonite's Outrages which allows you to kill them back. Extreme Speed is the main move of this set as it is able to outspeed and eradicate common priority users in sixth gen like Pinsir and Talonflame. Multiscale allows Dragonite to take minimal damage from the opponent and is often used in syngergy with Venusaur's leech seed. The rest of the moves are for coverage that also deal OHKOs thanks to Dragonite's massive attack stat boosted by a Choice Band.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SDef
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 12 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

So this is the team I've formulated guys. I hope to get as much constructive criticism as possible and hope that we can improve this team to be great against any holes in coverage that you may see. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)