ORAS Ubers Lando-T Hyper Offense [Peaked 1 at 1871]

Samqian

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Past WCoP Champion
Lets try this again.
LANDORUS-THERIAN HYPER OFFENSE
Hi! My name is Sam and this will be my first rmt on forums! You know that salty dude in the Ubers room that gets mad over a ladder match? Yeah, then you have met me. Anyway, I have spent quite a lot of time on this site and decided it is time for my first rmt! I was playing around with Lando-T + Mega Gengar cores, and I made this team. I tested it on the ladder and it worked out quite well. Anyways, lets move on with the team!

Proof of Peak: http://imgur.com/LWsOHM3 (this shows 1857 but I soon got to 1871 but didn't take a screenshot)

Intimidation @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Standard Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian. This team is built around it. It checks Primal Groudon with no fire move, and it has one of the best match ups versus T-wave Primal Groudon. U turn provides momentum, and a STAB earthquake provides good damage. Stone Edge is necessary for coverage, and Explosion packs good damage when Landorus is almost out.

Nightmare @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Mega Gengar is one of the most effective megas in Ubers. This mon combined with Landorus-Therian can trap common threats that can harm the team such as Lugia, and E killer. Destiny bond is a mandatory move on Gengar, as it can help kill ho oh which can open things up for my xerneas. Focus blast helps take out Tyranitar, and E killer if weakened. Shadow ball is to hit primal Groudon and Lugia.

Nothin New @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 48 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Primal Groudon is optimal on every ubers team. On this team it is used as a Rocker, and helps check Xern if needed which my team needs. Thunder wave is used to paralyze fast mons, and precipice blades is a strong stab move that can hit many mons. Rock slide is to hit the flying types. 72 speed is used to creep other dons, but you can arrange the spreads to your preference.

Pony @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Max Defense Resttalk Xern. Xerneas is one of the biggest threats in the ubers meta at the moment. Once Gengar traps ho oh, this Xern can sweep the rest of the team. It is great since it can kill Klefki, and Primal Groudon, two of the most common Xerneas checks.

Hi, Die! @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed
Standard Deoxys-Attack. I chose Ice beam over knock off as it can kill Salamence at -2, and do a ton of damage to Yveltal. This monster can destroy threats my team is weak to, and it can open up opportunities for my other mons to do work. It is also great at revenge killing.

Priorities @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

This is the standard adamant E-killer. I chose it to complete a normal+ghost core, and lum berry over life orb to be less weak to Mega-Gengar. It also adds priority to my team with Deoxys-Attack which is very useful in late game situations where I need it.

MATCHUPS:

Vs Ho: I have to play very carefully versus Hyper offense. I have to preserve Deo-A and revenge kill mons once E-Killer has died.

Vs: Balance: Balance is a pretty easy match up. I have to kill the ho oh with my Gengar or Groudon and then I sweep with resttalk Xerneas.

Vs Stall: I have to make sure that Xerneas is alive at the end, as the resttalk set has a good chance to win. However, if it is a snatch Blissey, then I have to find a second win con with Deo-A.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/aeqDtH3a

SHOUTOUTS:

Pohjis been with me since I started mons, cool to see how you evolved as a player and user
Mysterious M thanks for always being there man <3
Dilwar luv u :3 and i will even that cc1v1 record
Lord Outrage <3_<3
Daenys n_n & thx for stress help
Gunner Rohan thanks for testing and stuff, ur cool
ogasian n_n keep tutoring me pls
Antacool one of the best builders out there... :D
ShadowQuinn smelly user
Cranham Never lucky, always bad jk ur cool
hyw hi <3
James Jimmy hi grandpa
Foggi u gotta chill ;-;
magsyy Rude

Replays will be up soon, don't have computer access currently, but thats it for this rmt, Thanks to all!

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Built this exact same team back in June right before we re-evaluated Lando-T getting an analysis. The main thing I've found annoying is how sometimes situations arise where Lando-T can't afford to click SE or EQ (for example Mence in back says hi) so smart opponents capitalize on this fact. This is where running defensive Xern comes into play, although you have to make sure that it doesn't get chipped or KOed. You could potentially employ another Mence check such as Shuca Dialga which can also nab you some other benefits. This would be used on the filler slot over Deoxys-A, where you trade ability to revenge, pressure ghosts, and have another priority move for being able to play more aggressively vs. Mence, get SR off Primal Groudon, and gain a Toxic immunity. You also still anti-lead Dianice well, and lead much better against Mega Sab. Mixed RP Don is actually sort of scary for this team, but Dialga at least does better against a boosted mixed RP Don than Deoxys-A does. I haven't tested Dialga on this team, but it might be something to think about.

An alternate tech I have played around with is Yveltal in the filler spot. I usually don't use this Pokemon, but you gain a bit more defensive synergy, a Pokemon that synergies well with Mega Gengar, and something that is much better at taking on bulky ghosts. You also get a mon that is better at taking on offensive Psychics, and can retain secondary priority since it gets Sucker Punch.

In regards to sets, doing 216 SpD instead of 252 HP and 48 SpD is more efficient for tanking special attacks, although you lose some physical bulk (252 HP doesn't really help much against CB Ho-Oh or opposing P Don however). I'm not really a fan of Lum EKiller in this meta outside of when a team needs the additional help against Darkrai, I feel that it's way too weak and that very few EKiller checks rely on Wisp to check it anyways. For example the only Gengar set it lets you beat is a wisp hex set that wisps you initially, other Gengar sets either force the trade with D Bond or revenge with Focus Blast. I'd evaluate if running a Lum Berry really is worth that decrease in power.

Foggi

Banned deucer.
Hello Sam,grats on the peak and thanks for the shotout,this is a pretty solid Lando HO wich doesn't need that many changes,however as Minority Suspect said Lum e-killer is a pretty decent choice but it still can work.In my opinion you should try running Recover>Earthquake on your e-killer
Also another change that you should consider is more Specially Defensive Pdon Ev-spread

Cynara

Banned deucer.
grats on peak sam, This team is very solid, I've played it numerous times on the ladder. Not much else to say really, Minority suspect already pointed out you have no reliable mence check and suggested rocks shuca dialga over deoxys-a which is a pretty good suggestion allows you to run a more offensive groudon such as Paradancer and double dance, Honestly, Your arceus set seems a bit inefficient, Jolly nature (it's not even max speed) and Lum berry, Your darkrai matchup is good enough to run Silk Scarf or Life orb on E killer, Honestly I would go with Jolly LO E killer, this ensures you at least speed tie with E killer and beat slower variants. If you wanna go with bulky E killer, I would run Silk Scarf and an adamant Nature, Recover/Refresh are worth exploring over Earthquake.

Your groudon evs are a bit inefficient aswell, but this has already been pointed out.

anyways once again grats on peak!

Samqian

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for all the suggestions, I will play around more with the spreads and dialga although I haven't had Much trouble with mence, unless it is a refresh variant. People also go to mence on my eq from lando, and I can u turn which helps me ok with ice beam or if he switches something is going to die. I also think I ran max hp to help deal with mence better. Anyways, thanks for the rates!

Last edited:
Oheyyy samqian2 :toast: thank you for shoutout and great 1st RMT, great team as well ^-^
I don't have to say much about this team and lando scarf is a really cool underrated mon in ubers meta. Bar a little change I would try on Landorus is Hidden Power Ice. HP ice can help you against Mega Salamence by 2HKOing him even in its bulky set. To rely on Stone Edge especially when you get intimidated isn't that good, and Lando is not sure to 2HKO Mence with this move because Mence can outspeed at +1 and spam Roost until Edge run out of pps. HP ice helps pressure him better so you're sure to finish the mence with Extreme Speed later if needed. I see that this option might as well support your max def HP xern who is actually your only Salamence check.
Also taking out an adamant Ray without a 80% move is a really good help as well.

upload_2016-3-10_19-5-24.jpeg

Intimidation (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 SpA / 188 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Explosion
- U-turn

- Hidden Power [Ice]

68 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 212-252 (53.9 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
against
252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mega Salamence: 170-200 (43.2 - 50.8%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

68 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rayquaza: 236-280 (67.2 - 79.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (OHKO after LO recoil +SR)
68 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. -1 0 HP / 0- SpD Rayquaza: 352-416 (100.2 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (after Dragon Ascent)

Now a rate hmm 12.5/10 but I'm lil too strict haha

good luck fren and see you soon :]

I wouldn't really recommend HP Ice since it basically carries the same problems as Stone Edge. There are two situations in which Lando-T attempts to check Mence.

1) It comes in on a neutral (non-boosted Mence). In this case you are faster.

252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 208-246 (59.2 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

68 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 212-252 (60.3 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

2) It comes in on a boosted Mence (+1), in which case Mence outspeeds you. In this situation, Mence has no problem just Roosting on your face, so it walls you anyway as it loses Flying type.

The only real benefit HP Ice carries is a more reliable way to hit Mence and Ray, but the opportunity cost to this is greater. Stone Edge is needed for Ho-oh and to hit birds harder in general. Explosion is also crucial for a better way to revenge kill boosted threats that are at a decent amount of health. You do this to Mence for example:

252+ Atk Landorus-T Explosion vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 258-304 (73.5 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

TL;DR - The opportunity cost of HP Ice is far greater than the little benefit it provides. Let's not forget it also forces you to run -SpDef which can be costly.

I second Minority Suspect's suggestion in which you can around play around with the filler spot which is Deo-A. Deo-A does provide you some nice speed which is good to check Darkrai, Mewtwo, Shaymin-S etc, but you already have a Scarf Lando and Ekiller to help with these issues. Lack of Deo-A does make the match up versus balance a little harder, but the presence of M-Gengar and bulky Rest Geoxern already gives you a solid match up. Deo-A's assets to this team seem more luxury than necessary. I'd probably go the Shuca Dialga route as Mence is your biggest worry, and it also provides some insurance against mixed RP Don.

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Js if you swap Deo for Dialga it's the same team i used vs Dilwar in UPL which autolost to lead Excadrill lol.

But yeah it frees Groudon from SR duties to run double dance and then Dialga runs thunder wave to give it support. Also try Icy Wind Gengar with Landorus-T it's good against Rayquaza and Mence, two troublesome mons for your Ground-type core. Additionally, if you really want to stretch Icy Wind Gengar's capabilities, go ahead and run LO Overheat Ekiller to bait Ferro and Skarm for Xerneas and your Ground-types, respectively. With Dialga as the Mence check, you can now run an offensively invested Xerneas. I feel this team is somewhat weak to defensive ogre so run Thunder to mitigate that weakness, and perhaps Aromatherapy is a good filler move on this team.

Grats on your peak and cool team I guess.

P.S. Icy Wind > HP ice to anti lead Deo-S with the speed drops given, and it also doesn't give Xerneas a completely /free/ set up (if it Geos on Gar, Icy Wind it to lower its speed boost to +1 in which your Groudon can tank a boosted attack from Xerneas, boost with RP, and possibly countersweep your opponent's team).

Last edited:

mags

Banned deucer.
little bit weak 2 tailwind brine rockceus so im gonna have 2 agree with dialga. team hella weak 2 dragceus cause it gets free switches in on xern but its ight cause the set that bends u over is almost nonexistent now. here is the set work up/draco/outrage/roar of time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)