Late flavor

Rules: said:
1v1 FE
Z-Stones and Mega-Gems NOT allowed
4 Subs
ASB Arena
The more imaginative the flavor gets, the better
TMan87's team:

Unlike other members of the team who like to tank hits and hit hard in return, Emi's all about speed. She was the team's fastest member for a while, and her unique fighting style revolves around dashing at blinding speeds to hit the opponent before retreating out of harm. She still has a bit of a road ahead of her before mastering that though, as she often trips and has difficult switching directions midway.
Evolving really improved her balance, which allowed her to reach impressive speeds. Since her fighting style uses kinetic energy, with speed came power, and even if she's a bit of a one-trick pony, her blows can be frighteningly powerful if she puts her soul to it. Don't go imagining she's satisfied though, as she always aims higher: to be the fastest thing alive is her dream.

Mienfoo [Emi] (Female)
Types: Fighting

Abilities:
Inner Focus / Regenerator / Reckless [UNLOCKED]

Nature: Jolly (+15% Spe, -1 SpA, +17% Acc)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: 5
Def: 3
SpA: 2 (-)
SpD: 3
Spe: 121 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Attacks:

Level Up
Pound
Meditate
Detect
Fake Out
Double Slap
Swift
Calm Mind
Drain Punch
Jump Kick
Bounce
High Jump Kick
Force Palm
Aura Sphere
Reversal
Wide Guard
Quick Guard

Egg
Endure
Feint
Knock Off
Low Kick
Me First

TM/HM
Taunt
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Poison Jab
U-Turn
Dig
Giga Impact

Tutor
Dual Chop
Focus Punch

Other

VS

Granny Pie's team:

Weavile [Shizune Hakamichi] (Female)
"Can you tell me what you think?"
Shizune is not the typical Weavile. Born deaf, she has relied on nonverbal communication and deception note than the others she was raised alongside. Just think: how is a Sneasel meant to catch prey when she cannot hear it? The solution was to deceive said prey into a false sense of security, believing that this deaf Sneasel was no threat. Then she leads it into a trap or an ambush, instantly incapacitating the surprised prey. Shizune's intelligent and efficient hunting techniques and her natural assertiveness and competitive nature disposed her towards a leadership position of sorts among her peers. But when the time came for the Sneasels to separate from their mothers, Shizune found herself alone. Venturing south from the snowy plains around Snowpoint City in Sinnoh, Shizune was following flashes through the frost-covered evergreens, hoping to find a fight. She hoped to find and overpower two weakened wild Pokemon, but would've settled with stealing from a distracted trainer. Surprisingly, she came across a pair of sparring trainers. She watched a Haunter dart around a Roselia, sucking the Roselia's life force while fighting off vines covering it's own body. And so Shizune hid behind a frosted tree trunk, watching and waiting.
At one of the trainer's sides, however, a Duosion, not apart of the match, but still accompanying her trainer, sensed an outside presence near the battle. She idly wandered towards it, curious, while bobbing up and down and humming. Shizune, focused on the battle, did not notice this Duosion, as she couldn't hear the humming, until a voice erupted into her head. "Hi~!! I'm Misha! Who are you~?" Shizune immediately jumped, shocked senseless by this mental shouting. Shizune didn't question it until later, but this Duosion could communicate with her, and had accidentally given her her first ever experience hearing language, if you could call it hearing. Shizune would later describe it as "a thought that had a different voice from mine". Off-guard, and trying to play off Misha's possible suspicion, Shizune began using her bodily communications to introduce herself to this Duosion, subconsciously running the words she was saying through her head. Daft as she is, Misha soon figured out that this Sneasel was not like most Pokemon. "I'm deaf," Shizune thought and signed. "I have been my whole life." Fascinated, Misha launched imto overdrive, asking Shizune every single question about her life as you could imagine. As Misha barraged Shizune with questions about her life, the match wrapped up, and the two trainers came over to see why the Duosion was making such a commotion, even more commotion than usual. When GP and Shizune saw each other from behind the trunk, they both recognized each other somehow, in the way you do when you just see a Pokemon for the first time and know that it should be your's, or when you see a person for the first time and you both just know that you're going to be best friends. As TMan strolled over, asking Misha what the matter was, GP tossed a Dusk Ball Shizune's way, and she caught it, flashing into it with a sense of belonging, almost. When Shizune came out of the Dusk Ball, GP and TMan introduced her to their own accompanying Pokemon, a task that would have been much more difficult had Misha not been there to read Shizune's thoughts and act as a sort of Psychic translator.
There is a certain level of respect that Shizune holds for each member of GP's team, and that level of mutual respect is the foundation of Shizune's opinions.
Scrappy likes her, viewing her as another tough, but possibly sensitive girl to White Knight. She doesn't like Scrappy's protective attitude towards her, but appreciates his attention.
Aurum cares for her, but understands how independent Shizune is. Shizune respects Aurum and her boundaries, but does become aggravated at Aurum's occasional motherly acts.
Shizune does not respect nor like Abigail, despite their similar predispositions. Abigail understands that, but doesn't really care. She'd rather smoke weed.
But Misha... Shizune cares for Misha most of all. Misha is the only one regularly allowed into Shizune's mind, and the two have bonded on a level deeper than most others, given that they both share their minds with each other on a regular basis. The two try to be near each other as much as they can, which is relatively easy, given TMan and GP's close travels. Heck, if one of them is to go off somewhere, they often leave their half of the pairing for the other to watch over, just so Shizune and Misha can be together. Shizune and Misha, from that first fateful encounter, are now irreversibly tied together. Confidants, conspirers, and friends.
Types: Dark/Ice
Dark: Dark STAB; ignores Attract and Confusion status entirely when using Dark-type damaging and non-damaging attacks. Immune to all status moves used by a Pokemon with the Prankster ability (as well as all moves summoned by a Prankster-boosted non-damaging move).
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to Hail damage, freeze status, and Sheer Cold. Frost Command: For the next six (6) actions, this Pokemon's Ice moves will have triple the freeze chance. Type Exclusive commands can only be used by Pokemon that are naturally that type, and are still available if the Pokemon changes type.
Command Type: Type Exclusive | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None
Abilities:
Pressure: (Passive) This Pokemon's presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.
Pickpocket: (Trigger) (Hidden) (Unlocked) This Pokemon's mischievous nature and greed make it very effective at pawning off an opponents item. If this Pokemon has no item and either it or the opposing Pokemon strikes with a contact attack, their item is stolen and becomes the held item of this Pokemon.
Command: Activate Pickpocket (ally) - 5 En - Trade items with target ally.
Nature: Adamant (+1 Attack, -1 Special Attack)
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 6 [+]
Def: 3
SpA: 1 [-]
SpD: 3
Spe: 125
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 21
EC: 6/6
MC: 0
AC: 5/5
Attacks:
Embargo
Assurance
Revenge
Scratch
Leer
Taunt
Quick Attack
Feint Attack
Icy Wind
Fury Swipes
Agility
Metal Claw
Snatch
Ice Shard
Hone Claws
Counter
Icicle Crash
Fake Out
Pursuit
Throat Chop
Brick Break
Endure
Payback
Poison Jab
Dig
Torment
Attract
Shadow Claw
Knock Off

Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to ASB Arena! Today, a most flavory battle between TMan's lemony Mienshao and Granny Pie's blind Weavile is just about to begin. The odds are clearly in TMan's favor, however Granny might hide some kind of tricks for his opponent. Here comes the coin flip!

[1: TMan orders first; 2: Granny Pie orders first]
Rolled: 2!

The battle will be opened by Granny Pie's orders, which means TMan gets to equip his Pokémon first. Let us not wait any longer gentlemen, it's SHOWTIME!

TMan87 equips Mienshao
Granny Pie equips Weavile and orders
TMan87 orders
I ref this mess

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"Granny Pie's blind Weavile"
Wrong disability, my dude.

"Sounds easy enough, think you ought to worry about anything?"
"I'm worrying about it being faster than me."

Equipping Expert Belt.

"Granny Pie's blind Weavile"
Fam.
Also
>tfw Shizune is faster than Emi

*rough and slightly inaccurate ASL*
[Shizune, you have this in a bag! Now remember that you are a type of ice, so if you freeze the ground around your rival, you have a chance!]

[You're definitely improving. Work on your synonyms.]

Sending in Shizune the Weavile with a Focus Band!

Okay! Let's start off slow, and go from there! Crash icicles around Emi to surround her in heavy icicles, caging her in! While she's trapped, Frost the room, and then freeze all of that frost with an icy wind, covering the floor in ice!
Now, If Emi has managed to escape from the icicle cage, and goes to attack you with any martial (fighting-type) attack, then get out of there! You're faster, so dig underneath her!
If Emi gets in close, and manages to flinch you, don't worry! You still have the speed! Push back your orders, jumping away as you commit the first one!
If you can see that Emi is charging herself up for a super-powerful martial attack, charge up your own underground attack, jumping out at Emi after she releases her own attack!
If Emi is going to make fun of you, don't just take it! Tit-for-tat, eye for an eye! Insult her before she even gets to speak!
And simply push back your plan after each diversion!

[But she won't be able to understand me.]

[That doesn't matter! I know you, and you can manage to enrage others even through Misha's cheer! You can do it!]

Last edited:

TMan87

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Please note that Mienshao actually has 100 HP, dunno why I kept it as 90.
(GP said it didn't affect his orders btw)

Last edited:

TMan87

Sorry UPO, but I'll do it kind of the old-fashioned way.

"The fact that she's faster than me ticks me off more than it should..."
"Yeah, you're kind of shaking there... You want to exert punishment?"
"Oh? You have that kind of sly smile, I like it. Thought of something?"
"I am usually not one for humiliation, but wasting such an opportunity would be criminal..."
"Tell me all about it. Extensively."
"Well, you see that lovely third sub? That means your opponent will use Dig+Dig if you're to use a Fighting-type combination, right?"
"Well, yeah, that's kind of clever to sub for that while holding a Focus Band. Annoying, even."
"What if I told you that sub is the key to our utter victory?"
"How so?"
"Look, first you're gonna use a Reversal combo. Yes, I know that's piss weak and you don't like it, but it's also dirt cheap. Your opponent, thinking they're smart, will use a Dig combo, yes?"
"Well, yes, and I'll lose HP for nothing!"
"Hush now, lemme finish. So, second action, both of you are on cooldown, right? Right. Now, what to do on thr third action, you ask? Simple. Just combine Double Slap with Force Palm, boom, super paralyzing flurry of strikes! If our referee doesn't think you can do it then just use Meditate + Aura Sphere, that'll work too."
"...And she'll just evade it again with another Dig combination, what even is the point?"
"...How about I tell you we can defeat this girl without doing a single point of damage, laughing at that Focus Band you seem to be irked about, completely turning their plans against them, and by forcing her to act after us 2 out of 3 rounds? Sounds satisfying enough for you?"
"You evil mastermind... How sweet of a revenge that would be! That's why I love you."
"Hey, I don't do it only for you, that's a feat I'll be able to boast about!"

Last edited:

TMan87

Sounds like a perfectly valid conclusion to me.
One round ENKO, while you still have an untouched 100 HP.
This is great.
Even if UPO ultimately decides to spin things a bit and save you from the ENKO I'll still have breathing room next round, so either way I'm fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)