SM OU Latios and Friends!(My first team)

Hello! Not only is this my first Competitive OU team it is also my first RMT! I am truly sorry for the shabby appearance and the difficulty to read. I don't usually have a goal with this team, I kinda just probe and switch and attack while keeping track of the opponents moves and items, and then quickly set up Latios to sweep. I would say Landorus cat form is the most important because the Z-fly for grass types, 2 immunities, and intimidate, works wonders for my team. Lets get to the pokes(Apologies for the lack of imagery, My computer is acting wonky.

Latios(Sonic)@Life OrbIVs: 0 attack EVs:max Spe 128 HP 128 Spa . Timid nature. Calm Mind,Recover,Ice Beam, Thunderbolt.

I can already hear the screams: Recover!? 128 HP!? Are You insane!? I know, I know, but It works for me. Dragon typing gives me plenty of resistances to switch into and an earthquake aimed at Toxapex is a piece of cake. With a no-nonsense 350 speed, I can set up, Recover, and repeat. By the time he realizes that that coverage ice beam isn't doing anything and swaps, ill be at +2. BoltBeam has great coverage and hits most of the tier hard(including 2 tapus!). Take a look at the +2 stats

HP-333 Defense-166 SPA-656 SPD-512 SPE-350

Latios is my sweeper and is pretty good at revenge killing(Ice Beam blasts Landorus out of the sky!). I have fell in love with this set since ORAS and it still doesn't disappoint.

Chansey(Bobthzeblob)@ Eviolite IVs: 0 attack EVs: Max HP, Max Def, 4 SPD. Bold nature. Soft Boiled,Seismic toss,Heal bell, wish.

Yep, Its chansey. I tried my team without it, and I was like, Wowzas I need a cleric. Paralyzed pokemon on my team fall hard. Luckily, chansey can switch into almost anything and pull of the heal. Natural cure heals itself on the fly and Eviolite makes me untouchable to SPA attackers. If I use wish, and then switch into any of my pokemon, they get a full heal. This makes switching into attacks easier and lets pokemon that can’t heal, like Fini and Landorus, get a second chance at life(get it? Chance?).I really needed a alakazam counter otherwise it would run all over my team, and chansey is a good one, as focus blast is to inaccurate to make me constantly heal. I have to be careful with rotom though, because a pain split on chansey is a full heal for him. Chansey is my SPA wall, cleric and chipper. She is indispensable to my team.

Azelf(Uxie)@Focus sash EVs: Max Spe,Max attack. Jolly nature. Magic coat, Taunt, Stealth Rock, EXPLOSION.

Azelf has been my lead every single freaking game I play. I have experimented with many rockers, and I have(thank god finally)decided on Azelf. I have chosen magic coat above skill swap because fast taunters are more of a threat then MSableye(It also bounces Rocks, Spikes, Status, and everything else status). I would prefer to keep azelf alive because a 350+ speed explosion Is always handy. And I never explode right away if there is a Ghost type. If I can set up rocks and get away, Then I have a 350+ speed taunter, rocker, and bomb with a deathwish.

Toxapex(Plumeria)@Black Sludge/Rocky Helmet EVs: Max HP, Max Sp def, careful nature. Haze, Toxic, Recover, Poison Jab.

After much deliberation, it turns out that toxapex made the squad. He adds a little Alolan cultural variety to the squad, and is just to annoying to not use. I am unsure of black sludge or rocky helmet, Because the helmet will get some chip kills, but sludge will make healing more reliable. Either way, regenerater is the best choice for an ability. I have been having some trouble with him and Fini. I have 4 pivot/walls. Lando,Chansey,Fini,and Toxapex. Lando is obviously defensive, and Chansey is obviously specially defensive. But what about Fini and toxapex? SP def or Def? PLEASE help me. For now, I am running Sp def with a careful nature to increase his already great synergy with landorus. Classic Toxic+recover to stallkill even against pokemon with recovery. Poison Jab is important because it lets me inflict status on pokemon I can’t poison directly like sableye and the rare Absol. It also lets me poison through taunt and to mediocre damage to Tapu Bulu and ScarfSerp. Haze lets me slow down UBs and DDers. If a had to drop someone I would not hesitate to choose Plumeria. I have considered many times to drop it for a nicewallbreaker like CharzardMY

Tapu Fini(Delphini)@Leftovers 0attack IVs EV: HP:252 Def:100 SpD: 156 nature:??? Natures Madness, Brine, Defog, Taunt.

For a long time I was trying to avoid using the tapus. I just didn’t like the design, and I usually don’t like legendary pokemon(Besides the Eons). However, I finally went down to peer pressure, and now I have Delphini. She is my hazard remover and stallbreaker. Nobody enjoys switching into a NM(except zygard c but he’s not OU) and after that bar goes yellow, brine turns into a 100% accuracy hydro pump. Leftovers is mandatory as she has no other form of recovery. Taunt is a great stall breaking tool and shuts down ferrothorn and Chansey. I am thinking about switching my EVs to full defensive so she has better synergy with chansey(Its hilarious when they think that they’ve worn down Delphini and then I just wish and get a full heal). Please let me know your thoughts.

Landorus(?)@flyiniumZ EVs: max HP max Def nature:Relaxed(if U-turn)Impish(if no U-turn) Fly,Earthquake,U-turn/Swords Dance,Stone Edge.

Here he is: The Glue of my team!(oooh maybe I should name him Elmer’s?) Landorus is a badbutt looking Monster that dominates the field(unless theres a Pheramosa). I use intimidate at least thrice a game, and his supreme stat spread and wide movepool means that nobody can know what to expect when they see him. U-turn grabs chip damage and momentum, but swords dance lets him pull semisweeps and make SupersonicSkystrike an absolute NUKE. Thanks to heavy beef, intimidate, and a sticky item, Landourus is a superb choice for taking knockoffs to the face. Stone edge has great coverage with earthquake and nails mons like pincer, salamance and volcarona.

Thank you for taking the time to read my team! If you would prefer the raw data, here it is:

Bobthzeblob (Chansey) @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Bold Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Seismic Toss

- Soft-Boiled

- Wish

- Heal Bell

Uxie (Azelf) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Taunt

- Magic Coat

- Explosion

? (Landorus-Therian) @ Flyinium Z

Ability: Intimidate

Relaxed Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Stone Edge

- Fly

Plumeria (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Careful Nature

- Recover

- Toxic

- Poison Jab

- Haze

Delphini (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers

Ability: Misty Surge

EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD

- Defog

- Nature's Madness

- Brine

- Taunt
___________________________________________________Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 5.59.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-28 at 5.59.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-28 at 5.59.44 PM.png

Sonic (Latios) @ Life Orb

EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Calm Mind

- Recover

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

Here are some questions I would like addressed:

• What moves for Landorus
  • Should I keep Toxapex?
  • What nature for Fini?
  • I peaked 1241 With this team. I am also a noob. Is the peak low because of my skills or the teams faults?
  • Is the team too passive?
I don’t care if you are rude or condescending, I just want info. If it means changing the whole team so be it. Fire away!

Last edited:

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
Hello! Not only is this my first Competitive OU team it is also my first RMT! I am truly sorry for the shabby appearance and the difficulty to read. I don't usually have a goal with this team, I kinda just probe and switch and attack while keeping track of the opponents moves and items, and then quickly set up Latios to sweep. I would say Landorus cat form is the most important because the Z-fly for grass types, 2 immunities, and intimidate, works wonders for my team. Lets get to the pokes(Apologies for the lack of imagery, My computer is acting wonky.

Latios(Sonic)@Life OrbIVs: 0 attack EVs:max Spe 128 HP 128 Spa . Timid nature. Calm Mind,Recover,Ice Beam, Thunderbolt.

I can already hear the screams: Recover!? 128 HP!? Are You insane!? I know, I know, but It works for me. Dragon typing gives me plenty of resistances to switch into and an earthquake aimed at Toxapex is a piece of cake. With a no-nonsense 350 speed, I can set up, Recover, and repeat. By the time he realizes that that coverage ice beam isn't doing anything and swaps, ill be at +2. BoltBeam has great coverage and hits most of the tier hard(including 2 tapus!). Take a look at the +2 stats

HP-333 Defense-166 SPA-656 SPD-512 SPE-350

Latios is my sweeper and is pretty good at revenge killing(Ice Beam blasts Landorus out of the sky!). I have fell in love with this set since ORAS and it still doesn't disappoint.

Chansey(Bobthzeblob)@ Eviolite IVs: 0 attack EVs: Max HP, Max Def, 4 SPD. Bold nature. Soft Boiled,Seismic toss,Heal bell, wish.

Yep, Its chansey. I tried my team without it, and I was like, Wowzas I need a cleric. Paralyzed pokemon on my team fall hard. Luckily, chansey can switch into almost anything and pull of the heal. Natural cure heals itself on the fly and Eviolite makes me untouchable to SPA attackers. If I use wish, and then switch into any of my pokemon, they get a full heal. This makes switching into attacks easier and lets pokemon that can’t heal, like Fini and Landorus, get a second chance at life(get it? Chance?).I really needed a alakazam counter otherwise it would run all over my team, and chansey is a good one, as focus blast is to inaccurate to make me constantly heal. I have to be careful with rotom though, because a pain split on chansey is a full heal for him. Chansey is my SPA wall, cleric and chipper. She is indispensable to my team.

Azelf(Uxie)@Focus sash EVs: Max Spe,Max attack. Jolly nature. Magic coat, Taunt, Stealth Rock, EXPLOSION.

Azelf has been my lead every single freaking game I play. I have experimented with many rockers, and I have(thank god finally)decided on Azelf. I have chosen magic coat above skill swap because fast taunters are more of a threat then MSableye(It also bounces Rocks, Spikes, Status, and everything else status). I would prefer to keep azelf alive because a 350+ speed explosion Is always handy. And I never explode right away if there is a Ghost type. If I can set up rocks and get away, Then I have a 350+ speed taunter, rocker, and bomb with a deathwish.

Toxapex(Plumeria)@Black Sludge/Rocky Helmet EVs: Max HP, Max Sp def, careful nature. Haze, Toxic, Recover, Poison Jab.

After much deliberation, it turns out that toxapex made the squad. He adds a little Alolan cultural variety to the squad, and is just to annoying to not use. I am unsure of black sludge or rocky helmet, Because the helmet will get some chip kills, but sludge will make healing more reliable. Either way, regenerater is the best choice for an ability. I have been having some trouble with him and Fini. I have 4 pivot/walls. Lando,Chansey,Fini,and Toxapex. Lando is obviously defensive, and Chansey is obviously specially defensive. But what about Fini and toxapex? SP def or Def? PLEASE help me. For now, I am running Sp def with a careful nature to increase his already great synergy with landorus. Classic Toxic+recover to stallkill even against pokemon with recovery. Poison Jab is important because it lets me inflict status on pokemon I can’t poison directly like sableye and the rare Absol. It also lets me poison through taunt and to mediocre damage to Tapu Bulu and ScarfSerp. Haze lets me slow down UBs and DDers. If a had to drop someone I would not hesitate to choose Plumeria. I have considered many times to drop it for a nicewallbreaker like CharzardMY

Tapu Fini(Delphini)@Leftovers 0attack IVs EV: HP:252 Def:100 SpD: 156 nature:??? Natures Madness, Brine, Defog, Taunt.

For a long time I was trying to avoid using the tapus. I just didn’t like the design, and I usually don’t like legendary pokemon(Besides the Eons). However, I finally went down to peer pressure, and now I have Delphini. She is my hazard remover and stallbreaker. Nobody enjoys switching into a NM(except zygard c but he’s not OU) and after that bar goes yellow, brine turns into a 100% accuracy hydro pump. Leftovers is mandatory as she has no other form of recovery. Taunt is a great stall breaking tool and shuts down ferrothorn and Chansey. I am thinking about switching my EVs to full defensive so she has better synergy with chansey(Its hilarious when they think that they’ve worn down Delphini and then I just wish and get a full heal). Please let me know your thoughts.

Landorus(?)@flyiniumZ EVs: max HP max Def nature:Relaxed(if U-turn)Impish(if no U-turn) Fly,Earthquake,U-turn/Swords Dance,Stone Edge.

Here he is: The Glue of my team!(oooh maybe I should name him Elmer’s?) Landorus is a badbutt looking Monster that dominates the field(unless theres a Pheramosa). I use intimidate at least thrice a game, and his supreme stat spread and wide movepool means that nobody can know what to expect when they see him. U-turn grabs chip damage and momentum, but swords dance lets him pull semisweeps and make SupersonicSkystrike an absolute NUKE. Thanks to heavy beef, intimidate, and a sticky item, Landourus is a superb choice for taking knockoffs to the face. Stone edge has great coverage with earthquake and nails mons like pincer, salamance and volcarona.

Thank you for taking the time to read my team! If you would prefer the raw data, here it is:

Bobthzeblob (Chansey) @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure

Bold Nature

- Seismic Toss

- Soft-Boiled

- Wish

- Heal Bell

Uxie (Azelf) @ Focus Sash

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Taunt

- Magic Coat

- Explosion

? (Landorus-Therian) @ Flyinium Z

Relaxed Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Stone Edge

- Fly

Plumeria (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Careful Nature

- Recover

- Toxic

- Poison Jab

- Haze

Delphini (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers

Ability: Misty Surge

EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD

- Defog

- Nature's Madness

- Brine

- Taunt
___________________________________________________View attachment 78697View attachment 78697View attachment 78697

Sonic (Latios) @ Life Orb

EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Calm Mind

- Recover

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

Here are some questions I would like addressed:

• What moves for Landorus
  • Should I keep Toxapex?
  • What nature for Fini?
  • I peaked 1241 With this team. I am also a noob. Is the peak low because of my skills or the teams faults?
  • Is the team too passive?
I don’t care if you are rude or condescending, I just want info. If it means changing the whole team so be it. Fire away!
Hi, Gravelmouse. Welcome to Smogon.

I have some suggestions upon looking at your team.

1) Your Latios has no STAB. In case you're new to battling this means that if you use a move that's the same type of the Pokemon, then the moves power is multiplied by 1.5. While Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are a good combination, it's not the best option it can run. Try Draco Meteor and Psyshock. Don't even bother with Calm Mind. You want a Calm Minder, use Latias. It's a lot bulkier than Latios is.

2.) You need something that can absorb Ice attacks and you need a pivot. Specially defensive Rotom-Wash can alleviate this by not only crippling rival Landorus and Mega Metagross with burns from Will-o-Wisp and you can pivot out with Volt Switch.

3.) You also need an answer to Steel-type Pokemon. You have Landorus, but those EVs are not good for a Flyinium-Z set. You're better using it defensively as a Stealth Rocker.

4) You also need something to deal with Pursuit trappers, which is a problem for Latios. Keldeo or Belly Drum Azumarill are good options to alleviate this.

5) Finally, you're going to need something to combat rival Dragon-types and Fairy Pokemon. Dragon-Steel-Fairy is a strong offensive and defensive core that I see a lot of people use. I'm quoting the Smogon dex here but something like Mega Scizor, Mega Metagross, Excadrill, and Magearna are excellent partners with Latios.

Remember: when you're teambuilding start with one Pokemon and try to build it with Pokemon that can help or alleviate any weakness it has. Give this team a try and see if it works for you. Your previous team was way to passive and no offense, the EVs were very random considering the sets you were running. I hope I was able to help you out. Good luck, my friend.

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Azumarill @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere

Hi, Gravelmouse. Welcome to Smogon.

I have some suggestions upon looking at your team.

1) Your Latios has no STAB. In case you're new to battling this means that if you use a move that's the same type of the Pokemon, then the moves power is multiplied by 1.5. While Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are a good combination, it's not the best option it can run. Try Draco Meteor and Psyshock. Don't even bother with Calm Mind. You want a Calm Minder, use Latias. It's a lot bulkier than Latios is.

2.) You need something that can absorb Ice attacks and you need a pivot. Specially defensive Rotom-Wash can alleviate this by not only crippling rival Landorus and Mega Metagross with burns from Will-o-Wisp and you can pivot out with Volt Switch.

3.) You also need an answer to Steel-type Pokemon. You have Landorus, but those EVs are not good for a Flyinium-Z set. You're better using it defensively as a Stealth Rocker.

4) You also need something to deal with Pursuit trappers, which is a problem for Latios. Keldeo or Belly Drum Azumarill are good options to alleviate this.

5) Finally, you're going to need something to combat rival Dragon-types and Fairy Pokemon. Dragon-Steel-Fairy is a strong offensive and defensive core that I see a lot of people use. I'm quoting the Smogon dex here but something like Mega Scizor, Mega Metagross, Excadrill, and Magearna are excellent partners with Latios.

Remember: when you're teambuilding start with one Pokemon and try to build it with Pokemon that can help or alleviate any weakness it has. Give this team a try and see if it works for you. Your previous team was way to passive and no offense, the EVs were very random considering the sets you were running. I hope I was able to help you out. Good luck, my friend.

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Azumarill @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere
Thank You! I will try out the new team, but the soul dew nerf means that the damage is even less than life orb right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)