SS RU Lazies: a SS RU trick room team (peaked #1 on ladder bla bla bla)

:blobuwu: LAZIES :blobuwu:

(click the sprites for the Importable)
Hi peps I'm Day Healer, normally a monotype player but I liked to try my hand at RU since one of my fav mons is in the tier, Copperajah (my mans Fylkir Pudin could be proud lol). So what better to start a team with the elephant than a Trick Room team? Later I discovered Runerigus was in the tier too so all snowballed and the team was created.
Btw sorry for grammar, english isn't my first language so yeah..

Teambuilding Process

First I needed a Trick roomer with access to Stealth Rocks. I ended with 2 options: Claydol and Runerigus. While Rapid Spin is certainly a good tool on Claydol sometimes, is a big momentum drainer in a fast paced team like this, so I finished with Runerigus, due to overall better defensive type and specially for Memento which Claydol lacks.

Second it was important for my team to have a Trick roomer with Healing Wish, ala Lunar Dance Cresselia in gen7. So I got 3 options: even if with a good typing, I scratched galarian rapidash quickly due to its high speed; Mr. Rime was tempting, but all the weaknesses than the Ice type bring were a big letdown; so I selected Musharna with its good bulk.

For the third Trick roomer I wanted an offensive one, sort of Hatterene in OU or Stakataka in gen7. Also possibly to be resistant or at least neutral to ghost and dark attacks, because my other 2 setters were weak to them. The selection was very big here, for a bit I wanted to try Gallade, but the winner was Malamar, threatening both ghosts and dark pokes.

For the first of my attacker Copperajah was a no brainer. Good defensive type, big coverage attacks and good power behind it makes it the mon which win me most battles and the prefered receiver of Healing Wish most of times. So UwU

The selection for my last 2 attackers was very hard. I got many choices, from Musdale to Escavalier, Drampa, Wishiwashi, Vikavolt or Dhelmise. Drampa was my first pick, it offered a ghost immunity than all my Trick Room setters shared (malamar not so much) and a counter to Sun spam in the tier due to its dragon type. For the second pick I scratched Escavalier (already had a steel type), Dhelmise (got a ghost already) and Mudsdale (dont have enough firepower like the other choices). I finally decided for Vikavolt for its immunity to ground attacks and ability to hit fat waters hard. Guess Wishiwashi could be a fine pick too.

The Team

........................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................
Runerigus @ Mental Herb
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Memento
Runerigus is my first trick roomer and the stealth rock setter of the team. It does a great job at it, cos is very bulky on both physical and special sides. The Evs are so it can tank a +6 play rough from adamant Slurpuff (big threat if not careful) and set trick room, the rest in special defense to tank a blizzard from Vanilluxe if necessary. Mental Herb is used so it can get a trick room even again taunters.
The moves are pretty straightforward: stealth rock and trick room are mandatory, memento to get an offensive teammate safely and body press to dont be taunt bait (initially it was night shade, but sub Braviary settuped all over it, so body press was picked, plus it works so well with Runerigus high defense).

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Healing Wish
- Trick Room
Musharna is my second trick roomer and healing wish user of the team. Evs make it tank powerful attacks like +1 bug buzz Frosmoth or +2 fire blast life orb Salazzle. The rest of evs on defense.
About the moves: psychic is obvious STAB, trick room to do its job, moonlight to get it healthy through the match and healing wish is a lifesaver for some teammate low on HP or statused.

Malamar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Rest

- Trick Room
Malamar is my third trick roomer and the offensive one of the team. I decided to do it full physical attacker instead of full special defensive since it dont have the luxury to waste turns being passive. Evs are so it can tank a specs hydro pump from Inteleon.
On the moves: trick room is trick room, superpower and knock off are your bread and butter attacks, one boost malamar while attacking and the other is a good STAB that remove items, and rest coupled with Lum Berry give it a 1-time full recovery, but the berry can be used too to shrug off some annoying scald or thunder wave.

Copperajah @ Life Orb
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
Copperajah is the first attacker and probably the MVP of my team. There is no much to say here tbh, Evs are pretty standard.
Copp have big coverage on moves, OHKOing or 2HKOing nearly all the metagame: heavy slam is reliable STAB (it can even 2HKO Charizard), heat crash take care of most bug/grass mons, power whip for most water and ground mons and earthquake for them steels.

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
Drampa is my second attacker. Its typing is very handy again sun spam and ghost attacks. Not much changes to the Evs here as well.
The moves are very simple too: draco meteor is a nuke OHKOing most things, hyper voice if they have any fairy, fire blast is for steels even if I dont use it much, and finally dragon pulse is a more spammable dragon attack with no drawbacks.

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch
Vikavolt is the final attacker on the team and is probably the mon which I lead battles the most times, due to volt switch scouting the opponent next move and energy ball doing good again most stealth rockers. Evs are so it can tank a specs hydro pump from Inteleon.
Again, moves here are pretty basic: thunderbolt and bug buzz both STABS, energy ball doing good again grounds and volt switch being a great scouting tool.

Threatlist

Not exactly threats, but bulky grounds can be hard to bring down, so wasting trick room turns, Vikavolt can manage to bring them down with Energy ball, or just threat them with Drampa (even resisted Hypervoices can help).

Two physical Silvally forms with Sword Dance are problematic: Ghost and Dark forms. The ghost one can still be handled for Drampa, but if the Dark one get a Sword Dance in a bad turn it can as well be GG for you. You need play very carefully with it around.

Knock Off users can become annoying pretty quick, even more if they have Taunt. Just trade around with Vikavolt or Drampa, depending on the circunstances.

Conclusion and Peak

Don't pay attention to the terrible GXE kek, I lost a lot of battles trying to learn the tier. Also feel free to suggest any changes, all suggestions welcome.
Anyways I got a lot of fun playing this team and probably I will play with it more or maybe not idk, I have a new fun team in mind with Belly Drum Charizard ye. Also shotouts to Avocado, mac3, Umbra Soul and a lot of other players that helped me in the chat with choices for the team or playing with me in the ladder. I can say RU have a lit community imo :blobnom:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)