ORAS OU Lazy Rain - Mega Swampert

TEAM PREVIEW

Its called lazy rain cuz you literally just throw up hazards and clean up with swamp and kabutops ohkoing almost every offensive mon after 3 layers of spikes and rocks. Thund sets rain after toad rip and checks skarm compared to torn.
TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

The only mon with drizzle that you can use in OU so why not use it specially cuz it's pretty bulky and learns encore so stuff like baton pass and set up sweepers cant do shit against you. I chose Mega Latios instead of Swampert since from past experience it was pretty average and didnt get any set up moves compared to kabutops which can touch things like rotom wash.

Picked up a couple mons and gave mega lati some nice support. Keldeo keeping bisharp from winning but that thing only gets +2 on ferro so it isnt gonna be sweeping anyways. Needed a check and another mon that gets rain and since torn covered the skarm weakness and being faster than latios being able to check mons with taunt to so stuff like skarm and ferro cant lay up hazards. Ferro checks drill and swine from doing work crippling set up sweepers with seeds and setting up spikes for KABUXSWAMP.

I decided on changing thund to torn because of movepool and coverage I needed something that took out venusaur and also gain access to moves that ohko ferrothorn seeing as I had a huge weakness to that poke and forced me to sack keld or risk hazards on my side which slowed down rain turns. Since keldeo is gone I needed a dark resist that gained access to taunt which brought to the HORSE which works fantastically with this form of offense providing rocks,taunt and two main stabs that 2hkos half of the tier. I still think thund is better than torn to beat bird spam but torn gets heat wave it's still filler I guess, they both do the same job torn gets hurricane thund gets thunder In the end I chose thundurus over tornadus which gave me a better time dealing skarm and water absorbs. I chose swamp over lati after the manectric savaged the squad and it gave me a better resistance to volturn. Swamp isnt the best but it can clean once hazards are up 7/10 imo.

TEAM MEMBERS

Senor Pink (Swampert) @ Swampertite

Ability: Damp
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Low Kick/Superpower
- Ice Punch​
Main star of the team abusing the rain providing coverage kept jolly to outspeed scarf keld you dont have to invest max in speed since 252 in speed cant even outspeed scarf timid lati. The speed is enough to outspeed scarf keldeo since that is more common than scarf dragon you can hit it before it hits you with a nasty hydro pump. Threw the rest in defense to take less damage from the most of the priority moves it doesnt make a difference in either slot spdef or def its still going to deal 1 to 2% less damage which isnt gonna help since you dont have lefties. I went with the best on swamp being 4 attacks having coverage to hit dragons hit lando t and shake the ground I left lowkick in the first slot to have its best sweeping capabilities from being crippled by a stat drop but superpower is an option just to do 40% max to rotom wash but it shouldnt considered a huge problem to the team its up to personal preference for the user.

Politoed @ Damp Rock

Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Toxic/Counter
- Encore​
Master rain user droppin rain anytime you send it in excuse for the gay ass intro but it provides rain for KABUXSWAMP to abuse once up. The spread is simple you either run offensive,spdef or defensive I chose defensive for stuff like mega pinsir and to take specs secret sword from keld since their arent too much things to switch into it on this team. Speed is enough to out speed max speed adamant azu so that I can cripple the belly drum sets and prevent other mons from setting up like skarm and tran. The set is simple same as swamp I didnt wanna change to much things from the popular sets since it is the best to use. Encore lets me stop Baton Pass so shit like scolipede cant sub stall against me and I cant trust Mons that might carry sub so yeah encore over perish song was better since when playing rain its all about turns and their is no time to stall with song. Ice beam to hit lati and have a freeze chance hehe but its mainly to hit latis and grasses that want to switch in. I have counter their for stuff like lando-t that u turn at lead I can hit back twice the damage back to stuff like Venusaur and Ferro to deal as most damage as you can but y'know toxic is better to hit fat crap that wanna come in like alomamola. Lastly scald is probably the only move you need to put in work and in rain it gives it the extra boost compared to something like scald from fish if I wanted to use that.

Kabutops @ Life Orb

Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin/Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall​
The coolest name the coolest design and the coolest generation. Kabutops hits like a fucken ogre in rain and suprised me when using it showing off its power in rain this thing is way too good. Adamant ofc giving me more power in rain didnt need jolly since this thing cant hit keld and risked accuracy so in this area power instead of speed was needed. Rapid Spin and Aqua Jet was left as an option since aqau jet hits thund before twave in rain but its personal preference depending on the player will you be careful around web and taunt with terrak or will you play recklessly and always need spin. Rapid Spin was placed first for a better way to deal with hazards but again Aqua Jet is good simple as that. The rest is simple Waterfall and Edge 2hko almost everything counting rotom wash. I feel like SD can be replaced with spin but the second I take it off I lose my oppurtunity.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt​
Normal Terrakion is cooler than shiny but that doesnt make it any better onto why Its on the team. Provides rocks and taunt to protect the team from hazards and with 2 stabs being base 100 and Higher their isnt too many offensive checks to this monster. The set is as standard is it gets and their isnt too much things to say about this mon seeing as it only has one job to do. Being a check to bisharp and having enough speed to kill opposing weather mons like zard y and tyranitar.

Thundurus @ Life Orb

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Psychic/Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance
After Toad is gone the rest of the members are useless KABUXSWAMP is a no no [Im in love with the coco melody] Prankster rain is better than slow rain I had torn b4 because of heat wave but In rain that move is just garbage + focus blast doesnt become powerless and also hits heatran :] I left knock off as an option over psychic to hit Lati but it isnt needed but is something to take in mind but overall psychic is better for stuff like mega venusaur which widdles this team and nothing apreciattes a life orb thunder coming from a life orb thundurus. Having a electric typing helped me deal with birdspam which torn couldnt do before and also gave me a way to ohko pinsir skarm depending on what you want its left as an option if you wanna miss or hit less but im saying if you miss you can just blame it on hax hehhehe jk do what you do.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
You see that "1" speed IV yes thats right its their to be faster than all the other ferrothorns and you dont have to risk a speed tie on who is gonna hit the gyro ball first sounds stupid but being 0 and 1 doesnt make much of a difference in power. Gyro and Powerwhip should always be on ferro having the coverage for fairies and fat waters. Ferro has the best typing to wall rain and probably is the offensive mon that can check kingdra. Under rain you live fire moves better seeing as how that is I took advantage and threw alot in spdef to have a 12.5% chance to live a timid overheat from heatran also having a 16.1% chance to get 4HKOD after Leftovers recovery giving you more spikes and leech seeds than ever. I threw the rest in Defense to take hits from its resistances. Simple mon Simple job.
THREAT LIST
you should already know this thing is pretty scary to the team and I dont really have alot of switchins to this monster.
These things are both fat,annoying and strong you pretty much have to keep Thudurus healthy to deal with these two.
These have proven to be the only two mons that I have 0 switchins and compared to other teams their arent too many switchins to these two either way only klefki and rachi do the job.
Not too much switchins too fighting moves on this team specially against croak but after rain you should be fine to deal with these threats just something that proves to be a threat to the team.
Not much things ohko these three should be fine once the rain is ^

IMPORTABLE
Senor Pink (Swampert) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

XTRA TEAMS
Used these during ninja requirements and had fun with them and proved to be pretty good they arent needed but I'm leaving it here for people that are bored like me and need some teams to have fun with and so that I can get them out of the way.
Team #1
http://pastebin.com/xVKUKdDw
Team #2
http://pastebin.com/ai3QxRwS
Team #3
http://pastebin.com/tbuU0e43

CONCLUSION
Feel free to leave suggestions and hope you like the team!

Last edited:
Nice team :)
I really do think you should change ferro's speed Ivs back to 0 , because if you are faster you are gonna be the one suffering iron barbs damage first , and if your health is low then bye bye . And gyro ball isn't doing anything to a ferrothorn in the first place :/ . Will add more later :)

0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (25 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 9-11 (2.5 - 3.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Last edited:
Nice team :)
I really do think you should change ferro's speed Ivs back to 0 , because if you are faster you are gonna be the one suffering recoil damage first , and if your health is low then bye bye . And gyro ball isn't doing anything to a ferrothorn in the first place :/ . Will add more later :)

0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (25 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 9-11 (2.5 - 3.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
aight got it. I got shutdown for trying to be innovative :[ lol will change just insome cases you need to outspeed the opposing but its mostly like will ever happen. Thanks for the rate!

Don't rely on ferrothorn as your only option to deal with another ferrothorn, and yes your team is threatened by them. Try fitting in something to deal with ferrothorns such as a Conkeldurr-LifeOrb with fire punch or a strong fighting move.There are a lot more ways if that doesn't suit your taste. If the problem of you facing a team with a ferrothorn arises, you'll be ready to deal with it.

Don't rely on ferrothorn as your only option to deal with another ferrothorn, and yes your team is threatened by them. Try fitting in something to deal with ferrothorns such as a Conkeldurr-LifeOrb with fire punch or a strong fighting move.There are a lot more ways if that doesn't suit your taste. If the problem of you facing a team with a ferrothorn arises, you'll be ready to deal with it.
IVe got thund,swamp and terrak to deal with ferro but it could be changed somehow but for now the team works fine I will see what changes I can make to fill up the issue.

nice team bud. 1 day i recommend (dosent mean u have to listen to this) is to change thundurs focus blast to superpower. and change prankster to defiant. superpower is like focus blast for ttar chansey ferros tran etc but u dont have to risk the miss. prankster is good for rain but in my opinon knock off superpower tbolt/thunder and hp ice is wat u should be running. heres the spread
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature

- Thunder - Most powerful STAB that nukes non-resits
- Thunderbolt - Thundurus' most reliable STAB. Helps check Smogon Bird outside rain
- Hidden Power [Ice] - Coverage for Grass, Dragon, and Ground-types
- Knock Off
- Removes items and let's me beat Chansey + Lati@s
- Superpower - Coverage to beat TTar, Chansey, and Ferrothorn

thundurs is gonna be ur hardest and fastest hitter when ur not in rain.

Also to replace ur prankster rain and can also run twave i recommend klefki. it helps u get spikes and get rain and slow things down so ur win cons in some battle dont have to be in the rain to win. for the last slot u can run dazzling gleam (for the dragons and mega sab) or u can run foul play for mega pinsir talonflame and landorus-therian switch ins. since u have spikes on this u can run rocks on ferro and replace terrakion with this. heres the set:

Klefki @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpA OR 248 HP / 150 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- STAB that hits Dragons and Mega-Sableye decently hard
OR - Foul Play - Allows Klefki to handle Mega-Pinsir, Talonflame, and Lando-T switchins
- Thunder Wave - Cripples opposing set up sweepers regardless of boosts
- Spikes - Hazards that aid weakening Steel-types and defensive teams
- Rain Dance - Support for Swift Swimer users and Thundurus

klefki is really not that prepared with espeically with the combination of rain. (so trans arent that big of a threat.) the spread is to take lati and altarias better witht that 120 def. 136 speical attack is for dazzling gleam since klefki is 1 of the few hazard setting up mons that can deal with mega sab.(the speical attack spread is so that u ALWAYS 2 HIT KO MEGA SAB it ALSO GIVES U A CHANCE TO 2 HIT KO mega altaria.

It is true that u wont be able to prevent rocks as well but rain (in my opinion) is like a faster HO. So i think ur gonna win games b4 ur mons get too affected by hazards

change Ferrothorn's EV spread to:
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Relaxed Nature

it gives you the same stats but 1 more point in defense for free.

If you fit Klefki or another spiker on your team, you could try Celebi over ferrothorn, with this set:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass

That would help with keldeo, sceptile, slowbro, Lopunny, manaphy without Ice Beam, and mega sableye

the EVs avoid the 2HKO from Lopunny after rocks, and outspeed jolly bisharp so you can pass on it first.

change Ferrothorn's EV spread to:
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Relaxed Nature

it gives you the same stats but 1 more point in defense for free.

If you fit Klefki or another spiker on your team, you could try Celebi over ferrothorn, with this set:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass

That would help with keldeo, sceptile, slowbro, Lopunny, manaphy without Ice Beam, and mega sableye

the EVs avoid the 2HKO from Lopunny after rocks, and outspeed jolly bisharp so you can pass on it first.
SD pass would be better for this squad, the only mons that benefit from np pass are thundy and maybe toad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)