Project LC Next Best Thing - [Pawniard Voting Phase]

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pawniard @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defiant
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

In a vs Foongus scenario, it Subs against Spore, and switch-in is forced to take Knock Off + Iron Head, which is very cool to wear Pokémon down, unless your name is Mienfoo. Due to a lack of recovery, Berry Juice is prefered to keep doing so consistently.

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
This set, while not particularly flexible, emphasizes pawniard's strengths, and focuses on further increasing pawniard's great offensive presence. This set nearly always 2shots bulkyfoo, a common switch-in to pawniard. When pawniard has its checks weakened or fainted, this set is free to set up a rock polish and heavily pressure the opposing team. This set is notably weak to fighting types, especially the priority of croagunk and timburr. This set excels given ample support, a trapping pokemon to dispatch weakened fighting types, and with a consistent fighting check, such as spritzee. Pawniard here functions as a wall breaker without any boosts, and easily cleans weakened pokemon, especially after a rock polish boost.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

since this isn't in the analysis, i'll post it. I think the importance of these sets is how well they react to a common strategy in the meta, and this set is rly good for that. no one normally expects evio pursuit, and this set is prob the most reliable wingull check that doesnt kill momentum (like chinchou and defensive spritz) as long as its not burnt. It's a good partner with onix bc it lets you handle the super common wingull + vullaby offensive core much more easily than scarfpawn and lets you bluff the scarf too. good set all around.

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Spore absorber which helps a lot for other pokémons that cannot be pressured by spore while he's alive.
Sleep talk is surprising so it can help to knock a free eviolite from mienfoo,foongus or just do big damage with Iron Head

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Taunt
Taunt helps pawn to stop slower rockers (or pawn itself) helps vs foongus,stopping both synthesis and spore and can prevent setup while having a good utility in general

Voting begins and will last 3 days!

Merritt
Pawniard @ Psychium Z
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut

Nail Mienfoo and Timburr, takes advantage especially of slowfoo. Does more damage than Steelium Iron Head, so it's definitely a worthwhile alternative.
Altariel von Sweep
Pawniard @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

In a vs Foongus scenario, it Subs against Spore, and switch-in is forced to take Knock Off + Iron Head, which is very cool to wear Pokémon down, unless your name is Mienfoo. Due to a lack of recovery, Berry Juice is prefered to keep doing so consistently.
mrnoodleoctopus
Pawniard @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
This set, while not particularly flexible, emphasizes pawniard's strengths, and focuses on further increasing pawniard's great offensive presence. This set nearly always 2shots bulkyfoo, a common switch-in to pawniard. When pawniard has its checks weakened or fainted, this set is free to set up a rock polish and heavily pressure the opposing team. This set is notably weak to fighting types, especially the priority of croagunk and timburr. This set excels given ample support, a trapping pokemon to dispatch weakened fighting types, and with a consistent fighting check, such as spritzee. Pawniard here functions as a wall breaker without any boosts, and easily cleans weakened pokemon, especially after a rock polish boost.
dcae
Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

since this isn't in the analysis, i'll post it. I think the importance of these sets is how well they react to a common strategy in the meta, and this set is rly good for that. no one normally expects evio pursuit, and this set is prob the most reliable wingull check that doesnt kill momentum (like chinchou and defensive spritz) as long as its not burnt. It's a good partner with onix bc it lets you handle the super common wingull + vullaby offensive core much more easily than scarfpawn and lets you bluff the scarf too. good set all around.
Algeria4Ever

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Spore absorber which helps a lot for other pokémons that cannot be pressured by spore while he's alive.
Sleep talk is surprising so it can help to knock a free eviolite from mienfoo,foongus or just do big damage with Iron Head
Amphareixon
Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Taunt
Taunt helps pawn to stop slower rockers (or pawn itself) helps vs foongus,stopping both synthesis and spore and can prevent setup while having a good utility in general

sister

Banned deucer.
Dcae

Though i like Altarial von Sweep's cause I like fucking over Foongus. Its so stupidly common that taking advantage of it is a lot of fun. But overall I think dcae's triple dark set has more utility and its one I found myself using quite a bit.

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion
Algeria4ever

So many people focusing on Foongus, and only this set being able to switch in on it properly is kinda a shame

also Merritt cant win the same poke with the same set twice in a row that's a scam for likes wtf :[

Altariel von Sweep = 1
Algeria4Ever = 1
Dcae = 2
Merritt = 3

Congratulations to Merritt for winning the Pawniard Cycle of LC Next Best Thing! Welcome to the Hall of Fame!

Next Cycle will be after the next cycle of Core Ladder Challenge :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)