LC Player 10 teal6

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Congratulations on your green trophy! Despite going into the tournament ranked last in the power rankings (outside of trash) and a few misplays here and there, you ended the season with one of the best LC performances of the tour. How do you feel about your performance and level of play? What about the level of LC play in snake overall?

i think i started a lot worse than i finished, my insane choke against the spinarak aside. i think once we transitioned to more off the walls HO i started playing a lot better. that said, i think i underestimated the tier and the prep - frankly i'm not one to prepare a lot and star really did all the work on my teams, but i was more used to LCPL level stuff where i could kinda just show up and get like 75% win record. that wasn't the case here, it was a lot harder.

that said, i think the level on a lot of the players should have been higher. someone essentially brand new to the tier with a very established and obvious playstyle should be getting creamed left and right but that wasn't the case. i don't think i did great, but i think that i likely should have done worse.

What are your thoughts on LC as a tier, both as a standalone metagame and compared to other tiers you are comfortable in? Do you plan to play it in future team tours?

i still maintain that it's a tier where you can bring some pretty absurd stuff that ends up being viable, if only because the stat spread is so close that there's not necessarily a huge difference one mon to the next. i begged to use celebrate charmander for a bunch of weeks but always got vetod, i think if my record were a bit stronger i would have gotten to experiment with more unique stuff but stayed fairly standard for the majority of it.

the centralization around the key threats reminds me a lot of RBY as i indicated before. it's not to that level, of course, but the set run on a particular mon is almost as important as the mon choice itself. there is realistically very little reason NOT to use mienfoo or vullaby in like 90%+ of teams. they're just that good.

i think mienfoo should probably be suspected as well as diglett because they're pretty unhealthy for the meta so far as i can tell. w/r/t foo i think it's just almost a necessity to have on a huge majority of teams. i don't think that its necessary ban worthy but i'd like to see a meta without it. dig is the same deal as in the higher level tiers, you can pick and choose what you need to get rid of which is kinda huge. i don't think i'll play LC again, at least for a while, because i really like jumping from tier to tier between team tours.

How involved were you in the teambuilding process from week to week? To what degree do you and Star generally agree on the metagame? It's clear from your LCPL and now Snake records that you at least have an understanding of the biggest LC trends/mons - how comfortable would you be building for yourself in future LC games?

i'll be fully frank, the vast majority of my input was suggesting completely non viable bullshit and then star would build something for me. ask him about You Maka Me Crazy or I Love to Dance, my two masterpieces. star "gets" what i'm good with though, and what i like, so when i let him do his thing we ended up with good shit. i love offense, and you'll probably note we used a lot of gastly+abra, which was really fun for me. the rufflet team was brilliant and i owe that all to him and cbb.

if i were allowed to build what i wanted i think you'd end up with a ton more shit that may look ridiculous but that i've convinced myself is insanely good. whether or not it'd work is a different story but i really get "into" certain ideas and dont want to let them go, so having star there to just do the real work was insanely helpful.

---

You Maka Me Crazy:
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Pawniard @ Psychium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Darumaka @ Berry Juice
Ability: Hustle
- Flame Charge
- Belly Drum
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

I Love to Dance includes Charmander, Larvitar, Totodile, Cranidos, Dwebble, and Shellder. Star refuses to share the importable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)