Level: 5
Ability: Download
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Porygon was a huge addition from the Isle of Armor for LC, as it's a great bulky attacker with amazing coverage moves and reliable recovery, making it a reputable offensive and defensive threat. Porygon's coverage moves allow it to hit common Fighting- and Flying-types such as Mienfoo and Vullaby, and Recover allows Porygon to continue taking hits. That being said, Porygon is weak against Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr, which are unfortunately common in LC, so Porygon should stay away from them. Moreover, Porygon appreciates Pokemon like Vullaby and Spritzee that can check and counter the previously mentioned Pokemon. Along with Fighting-types, Porygon has a hard time against Steel-types such as Ferroseed, so Pokemon such as Ponyta are appreciated to counter them. Porygon should also avoid being hit by Knock Off, as its Eviolite is crucial to its bulk. Porygon typically fits on bulky offense teams that can outlast other teams thanks to recovery and clerics.

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
1) I would phrase it that you commonly get the SpA boost from tri attack

2) "Porygon also appreciates teammates with Knock Off as it makes Porygon's job easier to sweep in the late-game."
This is pretty straightforward. I don't like this last sentence since Porygon is neither a sweeper nor a cleaner in most uses. It can be excluded entirely, or replaced with a point about checking steels types.

QC 1/1

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
ForgottenOnes, we're gonna have to ask you to rewrite this. At the moment, this spotlight reads WAY too much like an analysis; nearly every sentence in this spotlight is just vomiting dex info. You don't need to explain why Download would be used over Trace, and you absolutely don't need to explain the EVs at all, especially if there's no specific benchmark they hit. The last two sentences I believe are okay to keep, but you'll have to rework the rest that's about Porygon itself. You can expand on why Porygon's good in the metagame, its purpose on teams, and other stuff like that. You can still talk about its moves, but you can't do it in a way that makes it read exactly like an analysis.

After you rework this, get another quick QC check, and tag me again once this is ready for GP again.

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
Porygon was a huge addition during the past DLC as it's a great bulky attacker with amazing coverage moves and reliable recovery making it a threat in the tier.
Making it a reputable offensive and defensive threat.

That being said, Porygon is extremely weak against Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr, which are unfortunately common in LC, as they can OHKO Porygon.
I wouldn't say extremely weak, as they can't switch in and Timburr can't even really OHKO without risking a speedtie and a roll. Maybe make it more clear that Porygon should avoid Fighting types and Knock Offs at all cost.

Ferrothorn
Ferroseed.

Much better, more like a spotlight.

QC 1/1

Making it a reputable offensive and defensive threat.

I wouldn't say extremely weak, as they can't switch in and Timburr can't even really OHKO without risking a speedtie and a roll. Maybe make it more clear that Porygon should avoid Fighting types and Knock Offs at all cost.

Ferroseed.

Much better, more like a spotlight.

QC 1/1
done ty. Waiting for GP.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
Porygon @ Eviolite
Level: 5
Ability: Download
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Porygon was a huge addition during the past DLC from the Isle of Armor for LC, (AC) (or you can use "from the recent DLC but it sounded a bit awkward saying DLC and LC back to back) as it's a great bulky attacker with amazing coverage moves and reliable recovery, (AC) making it a reputable offensive and defensive threat. Porygon's coverage moves allow it to hit common Fighting- and Flying-types such as Mienfoo and Vullaby, (AC) and Recover allows Porygon to continue taking hits. That being said, Porygon is weak against Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr, which are unfortunately common in LC, so Porygon should stay away from them. Thus Moreover, Porygon appreciates Pokemon such as like Vullaby and Spritzee who that can check and counter the previously mentioned Pokemon. Along with Fighting-types, Porygon has a hard time against Steel-types such as Ferroseed, (AC) so Pokemon such as Ponyta are appreciated to counter them. Porygon should also avoid taking being hit by Knock Offs, (AC) as its Eviolite is crucial to its bulk. Porygon typically fits on bulky offense teams that can outlast other teams thanks to recovery and clerics.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)