Tournament LCPL 7 - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
activity
finch and i scheduled for yesterday at 8pm gmt+2, something came up for me and i asked if he could player a bit earlier, since he couldnt we decided to reschedule for today at 3pm gmt+2 as he said he was free all of his morning, but ive been waiting 1hour now and he said he's going to be there after the 4 but i already have my things to do
Man, you have some nerve to be activity posting right now when not only do you not deserve it, but you should be substituted out if you cannot make my time after missing yesterday. We never rescheduled for 3pm GMT+2 today and the fact that you thought I agreed to that is baffling. Here is our VM and he missed the first time as you can clearly see because something came up for him, which even he admits to, so the ball is in his court to make when I can play for the next time -- this is common sense when it comes to scheduling. I clearly stated I could play from noon-3pm my time and seeing as he missed the initial time, he literally has to cater to when I can play because otherwise he is getting his ass activity'd. After that he goes out and says what looked like 7:10-7:15pm which I didn't even fucking notice because he sent two VMs (the first of which asked for 10 my time, which I went out of my way to wake up for and he just happened to post an activity post and log off right before??? like it's 10:20 right now and he's long gone) -- yea, it's my bad for missing the VM that said "7.10-15 pm GMT+2" but this is not properly formatted time and I had no idea at all what you meant by that -- I thought you wanted to play around 7pm your time seeing as the former part didn't have any AM by it or the : to break-up the time and there is no reasonable way you should expect me to know that. 7:10-7:15pm your time is in the middle of my noon-3pm range as we have a 6 hour time difference and that would actually make sense to propose when you missed the time and have to make sure it gets done, not some bullshit time in the middle of your morning or early afternoon when I'm clearly going to be asleep still like I was every other day when we tried to schedule.

He missed the time, failed to cater to my availability to reschedule, and never proposed a clear range afterwards (like this is one of the most silly and manipulative counter-attempts I have seen in my entire life, come on), so I am requesting a substitute because I actually want to play and scheduled properly!

e: I'll be on from now until 3-4pm with maybe an hour off somewhere between and then tomorrow starting from my mid-late (unsure which) afternoon throughout the evening.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm right off post-surgery recovery, i finally get online on a computer in over 8 days to see that Tricking used Discord logs that I didn't even acknowledge for the scheduling process (since we did it on my forum wall!) to make my managers sub me out. Enjoy that shitty victory you prick.

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
let's be honest, i told you on discord on thursday that 10 am est would be working today. I waited around ~30 minutes before letting levi know about this - he said he had a sub around, and we agreed on waiting 1h-1h30 more to see if you were around. That's what happened and you didn't come until 1 min after the game started. I literally told levi it wasn't my intention to force a sub, but my availabilty was limited today (in fact friday would have been much better, but you told me on discord you couldn't play).

Now it's impossible that you didn't see my message on Thursday given that you had hundreds of logs in the tournaments discord from the following days. You just ignored it and i legitimately assumed it worked because normally when someone can't make a time, he should be the one notifying the other part.

Additionally, i don't think i am a person who wants to play weaker opponents by forcing subs and being a bitch when it comes to scheduling (and anyway i don't think simbo is a bad player, and neither does your manager who trusted him to play in several weeks of this tournament).

- prick out pce

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
let's be honest, i told you on discord on thursday that 10 am est would be working today. I waited around ~30 minutes before letting levi know about this - he said he had a sub around, and we agreed on waiting 1h-1h30 more to see if you were around. That's what happened and you didn't come until 1 min after the game started. I literally told levi it wasn't my intention to force a sub, but my availabilty was limited today (in fact friday would have been much better, but you told me on discord you couldn't play).

Now it's impossible that you didn't see my message on Thursday given that you had hundreds of logs in the tournaments discord from the following days. You just ignored it and i legitimately assumed it worked because normally when someone can't make a time, he should be the one notifying the other part.

Additionally, i don't think i am a person who wants to play weaker opponents by forcing subs and being a bitch when it comes to scheduling (and anyway i don't think simbo is a bad player, and neither does your manager who trusted him to play in several weeks of this tournament).

- prick out pce
Considering you didn't give a proper availability other than "no sunday" I don't see why you have any right to a sub. You provided a time which soulgazer didn't agree to because of limited internet issues and then imposed a time limit the day of. You didn't even make that clear to him, you went and told Levi. Were you in a rush today? You should have made that clear from the start.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
1) I was allowed short time span to do things on phone and such, which I used to do my things.
2) we scheduled on forums
3) your discord pms barely say anything

Where does it say you cannot play after 11am? OH and you are "on when I want"! Nice.

Wait... Did I see something else in that quote ?

You just ignored it and i legitimately assumed it worked because normally when someone can't make a time, he should be the one notifying the other part.
You never notified me that you couldn't play at any other time in the long timespan that I gave you for my saturday availability, besides saturday 10am on discord which doesn't imply anything of that sort.

I called your win a shitty victory because you pulled shady shit on me. I was looking forward to playing you and you pulled this. That's shitty.

UGH!!!

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
what the fuck how is that tricking's fault whatsoever

don't you dare imply it's on him

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Considering you didn't give a proper availability other than "no sunday" I don't see why you have any right to a sub. You provided a time which soulgazer didn't agree to because of limited internet issues and then imposed a time limit the day of. You didn't even make that clear to him, you went and told Levi. Were you in a rush today? You should have made that clear from the start.
Sorry but what limited internet issues? Just check smogon tournaments discord he talked hundreds of times + i remember him being online during my smogon classic games (and that was right after i wrote to him saying 10 am on saturday would be working).

Honestly, even if we both were vague and et cetera, i still waited nearly 2 hours for him to come. I was online at 10 AM EST, he wasn't. I tried not to act like a shit, but apparently i failed. Had i known he had issues, i would have organized my day in a different way. And if i didn't have anything else to do, i probably would still be around waiting.

1) I was allowed short time span to do things on phone and such, which I used to do my things.
2) we scheduled on forums
3) your discord pms barely say anything

Where does it say you cannot play after 11am? OH and you are "on when I want"! Nice.

Wait... Did I see something else in that quote ?

You never notified me that you couldn't play at any other time in the long timespan that I gave you for my saturday availability, besides saturday 10am on discord which doesn't imply anything of that sort.

I called your win a shitty victory because you pulled shady shit on me. I was looking forward to playing you and you pulled this. That's shitty.

UGH!!!
Again, I am sorry for the situation, but calling me prick, and my win a shitty win because i forced you to get subbed out maliciously, sounds super wrong to me. You would be 100% right if you didn't ignore my message (because that's what we are talking about). I don't think it's your fault, but it's not my fault either. That's the risk when scheduling isn't meticulous. And it went this way.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Luck didn't swing our way this week, but I'm proud of the overall season this team had. I knew from the beginning that we were a playoff-bound squad and you all absolutely delivered over the course of the season. Thanks for putting up with my managing (though we all know Heysup was the real manager) and my absence at the end of the season. Doing quick shoutouts cuz I don't like shoutout posts but I also like you all:

Heysup you are the best LCer ever, and it's been amazing working with you for two seasons now. Even if your luck was shitty and left you with a bad record, all of us on the team know how much work you put into building almost all of the teams that were used and taking care of a large share of scouting and testing. You are the reason we made it as far as we did.
jake, my other co-manager, you were the other experienced LC voice that really kept our team moving. You got critical wins when we needed them, especially in early weeks, and it was fun to get to chat with you this season. Also, thanks for the duck gifs.
Kushalos Eternal Spirit You two formed our superstar SM core, able to pull off wins basically every game in which you weren't haxed. Thanks for your consistency and the work you put in, and for being game to play with whatever we passed you.
fran17 not only were you the goat BWer, you were also by far the funniest member of our team. Your general chill, good record, and suggestion to buy Tricking were all huge for our team this season. Hope to team with you again sometime.
Tricking you were one of the best possible midseason buys, with several clutch wins and the ability to talk to fran in a language he actually speaks. I wish I'd had a full season with you instead of just a couple weeks.
Kink despite that one game with the Diglett and the Darkium Z, you played well this season and I enjoyed getting to know you. Of the people Heysup told me to buy, you played the best. Thanks also for being game to test with me and other members of our team.
blarajan it turns out when we don't let you use your own teams you play well. While LC might have missed seeing ToxFly Fletchling this season, our team benefitted from your wins in the second half of the season, and you were super helpful keeping Heysup's raging ego in check. Hope you keep playing in LCPLs in the future and don't let VGC claim any more of your soul.
King Kdot thanks for signing up when I asked you to after exhibition. You got a clutch win in a tier you didn't know as a substitute, and that carried the whole team into playoffs. Basically, I'm thanking you for being proof of my amazing drafting skills.
Vubon I know you are angry at me, but I appreciate what you did for the team. Hope we can stay on good terms and build/test together more in the future.
Kurukaito MajorBowman Quite Quiet I was tentative about switching my lineup around this year so none of you got as many opportunities to play as I anticipated when I drafted you. You were all great in chat and were there every so often when needed for tests and things, so thank you for being good sports about being on the bench.

Again, good work ducks, it was a good time and I hope to play on teams with most of you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)