LCR(little cup rain dance)!

hi guys its maris here with his 2nd rate my team! After dabbling with standerd lead/dratini/munchlax/houdour/mantyke/croagunk. i decided to make a Rain dance team. thus far it has a record of 10-2 and 17-3 if you count unrated ones. (anyways since i cant post pics right now im gonna have a team thats a wall of text.)
team building process

I wanted to build a raindance team thus I knew at its core would be 4 sweepers. my choices were mantyke horsea kabuto feebas buizel and goldeen feebas was out for being generally and goldeen was removed for not reaching a good speed stat. thus i had my 4 sweepers. I wanted to add somthing that would set them apart from "bog standerd" rain dance teams. I thought for a few then had a idea give them all rain dance. that way each one of them can both sweep and support at the same time!

Next i thought about a lead. it was meowth vs voltorb and voltorb with hp fire won due to taking out snovers.

finally i assesed my weaknesses the 2 most threatening pokemon were croagunk and chinchou. both could be handled by focus sashed diglett so i put it in as filler. I have never considered another pokemon since diglett is that awsome.
NOW FOR THE PART you have all been waiting for the RMT!
Voltorb @ Damp Rock
Ability: Static
EVs: 36 HP/36 Def/200 Spd/236 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
pretty standerd snover age voltorb lead. HP fire OHKOS snover and then I prey that voltorb is allowed to setup rain. if not then the rest of the team can do it for him. basically this guy is taunt rain dance and die. considering running explosion to get the dying done faster but my opponets are useally more than willing to kill him for me.
---
Buizel (M) @ Oran Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 236 Atk/76 Spd/196 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Return
- Bulk Up
- Waterfall
once voltorb dies i go to this guy for the primary act. Note that he Does NOT have raindance instead he runs a agressive offensive set that was made to begin to sweep. He dies eventually and before the rain goes down. He attacks quickly and never lets up on the offesive.]

moves
bulk up for attack bosting aqua jet for stab rain boosted priority return for perfect neutral coveredge and waterfall for sweeping
---
Horsea (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 Def/196 Spd/200 SAtk/76 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
The first special sweeper nothing really much to say bout this one. HP electric kills the mantykes that annoy him. Hydro pump 2KOs almost everything and ice beam beats what hydro pump and HP electric dont (except Chincou more on her later). Rain dance is a suicide move primiarily horsea Rain dances dies and the next mon can begin to sweep.
---
Kabuto (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk/36 Def/236 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Return
with 18 phyiscal attack and 30 speed under the rain kabuto is a powerful pysically bulky rain dance sweeper. Also the second pysical sweeper on the team. return+ waterfall has unresisted type coveredge. while aqua jet is once again a rain boosted STAB priority move. Rain dance is also a sucide move on this guy used primarily to give horsea a sweep.
---
Mantyke (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Def/196 Spd/200 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rain Dance

see horsea. + this guy has HP grass rather than electric to give me a way to hurt chincou. mantykes special bulk allows it to setup raindance AFter buizel is gone most of the time. It does not do most of the sweeping though instead it is a supporter that does a little bit of damage to the opposing team before dying.
---
Diglett (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP/236 Atk/236 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
in a word Support. there are very few mons which give the aformentioned sweepers problems. they are opposing swift swimmers. croagunk and chinchou. Diglett traps and OHKOS them with EQ. meanwhile voltorb prevents SR from coming up on the feild. allowing diglett to sucessfully abuse his focus sash.

thats the team guys comment/rate/improve. any and all feedback from Nice team to "sorry kid this team sucks" are welcome.
---

Great team, I've played it a few times today :P
My first suggestion is
Thunder of Thunderbolt on Electrode.
It can break through protect, has a better paralyze rate, and obviously more power.
Another suggestion is maybe Explosion over HP on Electrode?
Another weakness I see is Elekid.
If he wins the Sucker Punch/EQ mind game on you with Diglett, its GG as he gets super effective hits on all your team, except for your suicide lead.
Anyways, 4 RD users may be slightly overkill, as you can free up a spot on Kabuto for Rock Slide, or Earth Power to hit Croagunk harder on the switch.
Other than that, very good team ;D

ive tested thunder out on voltorb. Here is the problem. Thunder is a good move but It doesnt do me any good to start out with rain dance as then I would have only 5 turns to abuse rain dance however it does mean many kills on snovers. hidden power fire is there solely for killing snover. And thus using explosion might be viable in conjuction with thunder. The mind game with elekid is annoying however diglett is sashed thus it can EQ right away and kill. since my voltorb runs taunt. I see what you mean about to many rain dancers however what would you reccomend the place of it? Earth power/rock slide replacing raindance/return on kabuto. I will test that and come back to you. For now mantyke will always have rain dance to be my "fallback postion" once the intial rain runs dry.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your pretty snover weak especially since the only think that can take him out is hp fire voltorb which is going to die right away or returns from Kabuto and Buizel. So I suggest running Rock Slide on Kabuto. Then your team is kinda slow for a Rain Team. A really fast rain team (like mine) will outspeed all your pokemon and go them. I'd run max speed on horsea and buisel to help deal with that. Croagunk may cause you some problems so you might wanna try hp flying on mantyke.

ps i love how you use diglett to trap chinchou.

HP grass/electric allows me to deal with mantyke and chinchou. Thus I have edited my kabuto and voltorb sets to accomodate with what you guys have said

]Voltorb @ Damp Rock
Ability: Static
EVs: 36 HP/36 Def/196 Spd/236 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Taunt

and now for buto
Kabuto (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk/36 Def/236 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Rock slide
- Waterfall
- Earth Power

Scarf Snover practically 6-0's you, as was experienced in the 2 games we had while you were using this team on the ladder last night. I'd recommend Munchlax or Wynaut over Diglett. The goal is to trap things that threaten your team like Chinchou and especially Snover. Wynaut and Munchlax do a much better job of this with Pursuit or Return or Earthquake or Fire Punch or whatever and Mirror Coat, respectively. Diglett also is not doing anything when the opponent has SR or Hail damage out, and cannot really do anything against a +2 Chinchou or Mantyke. Granted, this may require more prediction (if you opt for Munchlax), but I do believe it is better for checking threats to your team.

Diglett was more or less thrown in at the last second. I can see how wynaut would do better. but i dont think that munchlax would be good. Thus Wynaut will replace diglett.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)