League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

I was impressed with Zion's play and I really like how some of these toplaners are developing in the NA scene. Though Dyrone will probably remain the best toplaner in NA for a while. His champ pool is very good, I think the only champ he really doesn't play is Kha'Zix and toplane Diana (but he doesn't need to learn Diana cause she will always go to regi if TSM picks her). I think Zion out of all the toplaners has the potential to pass up voyboy though for that second spot. I have no clue why Voyboy doesn't play Rumble though, a very popular and good pick that TSM abused.
dyrus has been playing kha'zix a little more frequently recently (most current was against coL during week 10) and is certainly capable of playing the champion, but i agree that if TSM gets their hands on kha'zix or diana, regi's going to make better use of the pick than dyrus

dyrus really excels on tanky champions which is why TSM has been nonstop spamming rumble and renekton for basically the last dozen games

when you consider that rumble and renekton are two of the most commonly picked champions in asia right now, having a top laner that can play both of them will be invaluable for NA during allstars week

two champions that dyrus doesn't play very much, however, are elise and zed, both of which are part of sOAZ's champion pool and both of which are also hotly contested picks in asia at the moment

although shy is more prone to the same tanky picks that dyrus plays, both stanley and caomei have shown some really frightening elise play recently and they're going to be the wild cards to look out for imo, in addition to sOAZ (this is assuming of course that caomei makes the chinese all-star team which may not happen at this rate)

Mentioning other regions' players, I've really got to get familiarised with my own region's eSports team. Here in Singapore we have the Sentinels who could -maybe- go toe-to-toe with the likes of NAs top 4 on really good days, but our otherwise pretty crap. That (and my home country's KL Hunters which are a disgrace to LoL eSports) are probably the reason why I don't really follow in the SEA region, even with the prominence of TPA.

On that note, any SEA players around here? I reckon Smogon only has a handful of region but I'm always looking for new people to muck around with on League.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Probably doesn't mean much, but seeing as I don't play very often, I guess it was pretty cool. Played my first ARAM in a while and it was my first time on the new map. But yeah got my first Penta :p

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
played my first game in couple months against other people since my client is super messed up but i really want one of those freljord icons. ended up disconnecting too much and getting leaver status ;_;

not too bad considering i was inactive for 7 minutes of the game :(

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
On the one hand, Dyrus and Scarra have both signed my hat. On the other hand, so has Maknoon. So it's a toss-up as to who wins.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
it's ok walrein, maknoon isn't on the korean team so you don't have to feel conflicted

also I am once again incredibly confused how I got that penta, considering all i had was the sanguine blade and a zeal at that point lol

if lovelin replaces xx we now have the strongest league of legends team ever crafted

stronger than old team OP

stronger than CDE

stronger than moscow five

OH i forgot to mention earlier and i linked it in the reddit thread but:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7QQW2TJ

this is a survey that esports central is conducting and we basically want to know what people think about the regions going into all-stars week

just rank the players from 1-5 (with 1 being the best and 5 being the worst) by dragging them to where you think they should be

thank you!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
did anyone else have every NA player as #5 except doublelift? even if you think he's not as good as he thinks yellowpete unquestionably deserves last place for the 5 ADs.

I await the great anivia walls of china.

I think pete is better than Chawy
Also Xpecial>XiaoXiao, but is <Lovelin
Both Dyrus and Scarra were 5 for me, but Saint was 4th above HarLeLuYar.

I think pete is better than Chawy
Also Xpecial>XiaoXiao, but is <Lovelin
Both Dyrus and Scarra were 5 for me, but Saint was 4th above HarLeLuYar.
I only really follow the NA scene and occasionally EU. Are Dyrus and Scarra really that inferior? What is it about North Americans that makes us so bad at this game? lol

also I am once again incredibly confused how I got that penta, considering all i had was the sanguine blade and a zeal at that point lol
I am incredibly confused as to why you're bringing this up again.

Anyhoo, I honestly think the NA team isn't good enough simply because of their inconsistency in terms of mental rigour. To quote an overused meme, 'Asians', man. As far as reality goes, many Asians actually have that mechanically eloquent thought process that is hammered hard into their heads by childhood beatings and verbal abuse. So the stereotype actually holds true for many current-generation Asians, especially so in China. Look at Doublelift, who got thrown out of his house at age 18 over domestic disputes.

Compared to Dyrus and the like, who can sometimes put up top-tier play but other times throw and very often underperform, the Chinese team is superior simply due to consistency. The NA team(s) simply lack rigour imo.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Let's talk about a topic that matters. Like, WHOSE GONNA WIN BEST RIVEN NA TOURNAMENT!

Realistically, ZionSpartan, MegaZero, or BoxBox seem to be the odds on favorite. But, who I would like to see in the finals comes down to Dyrus, HotshotGG (both of these would be fucking hilarious) and then BoxBox because BoxBox is just likeable. Sad WingsOfDeath isn't participating tho

BEST RIVEN NA 4 LIFE HE'S LIKE 15 BUT HE'S A FANTASTIC RIVEN PLAYER

tytsmagee: dyrus's competition is soaz/stanley/pdd/shy. all four are amazing top laners, and while dyrus is a great player, he's not AS good

similarly, scarra's competition is alex ich/toyz/misaya/ambition, four of the best mid laners in the world. scarra is excellent, but doesn't hold up.

So I'm assuming the consensus is that NA has no chance in the all-stars match-ups?

That's a little disappointing. Guess it'll probably be the same with the NA teams at the World Championships. I haven't been into the pro scene for all that long so I'm not too informed. I've gone back and watched the Season 2 championships and stuff though with TPA, so that was pretty informative. I don't remember ever thinking to myself, "wow, these teams look significantly better than the NA teams" though. Maybe I should go watch again.

NA's first match is against China, and before the XiaoXiao/Lovelin change I was going to say that their chance would be in bottom lane, if Doublelift/Xpecial can outplay Weixiao/XiaoXiao. With Lovelin in the lineup, this is very unlikely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)