League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

It's kind of a lame design, but his kit still seems like he'll be a really fun champ. Hopefully his release skin is more than a simple re-color like the last few release skins have been.

i watch this tw server ad carry player jaeyoong a lot and his fav champ is vayne, he always goes bork shiv pd lw. its a bit awkward in farming but seems to do pretty well in teamfights if your mechanics are up to par
protip: u can build anyting + win if ur mechanics r up 2 par

Maokai has 0 jungle control. IMO Maokai is A-class in the jungle for his absolutely fucking incredible ganking prowess. Maokai is probably the single best lane camper in the game with a long ranged targeted move-there snare on a short cooldown and a highly disruptive knockback + slow that deals decent damage considering you level it as your main skill.

Lane Maokai should almost always be played top, where he can safely farm up his core of Abyssal and Liandry's/Void Staff to fuck shit up mid-late with his balls-crazy burst. Mid Maokai is ok. Supp Maokai is shit. Maokai is good in lane mainly because of his massive burst potential once farmed and the fact that he responds very well to jungler ganks by swiftly locking down opposing champions for things like Hecarim and Udyr to wreak havoc on.

Jungle Maokai is my most played jungler currently and I gotta say he's a real pubstomper.

joshe

the best
this thread is shitty enough right now that he can say whatever he wants. I agree with rodan saying that it looks like a bad fanfic: the new champ looks horrible for what his design could allow him and he's really only a combination of Vlad + garen and maybe a lil demon kayle but that just shows there's nothing unique about him. everyone should have a right to be disappointed but it should be as expected to rival trynadmere's shittiness

-.-

Meanwhile every 14-year-old league player is having a hissy fit over how ridiculously cool the new champ is what with it's shameless sephiroth-themed look and super cool bloody attacks. I wouldn't be surprised if he came with an option to change the BGM to One-Winged Angel.

May as well, right, riot?

Next update Genova Project Zed and Annoying Ninja Akali are released, together with Black Guy with Mohawk Graves and Buster Sword Tryn.

why are we all bitching about champion designs when CLG is looking like they could realistically compete on an international level for the first time in months

i'm referring to how CLG has been on a slump recently with DLift making bad calls, chauster not playing well, hotshot always losing lane, and link not making a big enough impact on the game

they stomped azure and even though the cats are an amateur team, CLG still looked completely different than from how they were during the LCS

hotshot's champion pool is wider now and his shen play in game 3 was uncharacteristically aggressive while link is no longer building support mids and is rushing deathcap+void staff for damage, and playing aggressively alongside it

doublelift's play was near flawless all three sets and also brought back urgot into the north american competitive scene

aphro's blitz was fantastic in game 2 and chauster's counterjungling crushed azure's jungler

overall, even if azure is a weaker team, CLG took the hint after being sent to relegations and looks like they have a realistic shot at the top 2 during the summer season

P.S. dyrus said on his facebook that CLG is resembling world elite in this matchup (regarding player strength, team compositions, and shot-calling)

So what you're saying is that the new champ actually looks cool? I'm sorry but he really does look like something out of a bad fanfic fyi. It's not complaining if it's true.
I'm just annoyed that Jibaku ran around deleting my posts but apparently everybody else is allowed to bitch about stuff but me. k

Can we at least wait for the champion to show up on PBE before we start whining about them?

where did this come from

they just roflstomped azure cats (a team that is very, very good)
rly nao... so u think ggu sux but they somehow bring tsm to 5 games, but u think ac is v. gud where from wat i c from those 3 games = lulz tumbleweed

cant belief som of u ppl here think clg is gud after seeing those 3 games, that looked like 3 1400 elo matches if anything, poor bloopers on both sides except ac was much worse

I'm just annoyed that Jibaku ran around deleting my posts but apparently everybody else is allowed to bitch about stuff but me. k

Can we at least wait for the champion to show up on PBE before we start whining about them?
it meens jebaku <3 u :>

i'm referring to how CLG has been on a slump recently with DLift making bad calls, chauster not playing well, hotshot always losing lane, and link not making a big enough impact on the game

they stomped azure and even though the cats are an amateur team, CLG still looked completely different than from how they were during the LCS

hotshot's champion pool is wider now and his shen play in game 3 was uncharacteristically aggressive while link is no longer building support mids and is rushing deathcap+void staff for damage, and playing aggressively alongside it

doublelift's play was near flawless all three sets and also brought back urgot into the north american competitive scene

aphro's blitz was fantastic in game 2 and chauster's counterjungling crushed azure's jungler

overall, even if azure is a weaker team, CLG took the hint after being sent to relegations and looks like they have a realistic shot at the top 2 during the summer season

P.S. dyrus said on his facebook that CLG is resembling world elite in this matchup (regarding player strength, team compositions, and shot-calling)
After LCS a lot of teams realised how badly they were playing, particularly Dig and CLG. TSM realised it earlier on in the midst of LCS with the expulsion of Chaox as a wake-up call, to which we can attribute their amazing success in the late weeks.

CLG and Dig have really been practicing hard and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more from the likes of DLift and Scarra whom have, and many would agree, been underperforming as of late. The fact that DLift is doing so well is not indicative of sudden improvement, but a testament to the fact that he is probably the best ADC in NA and he needs to be more assured in his play.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I have been experimenting with 100% crit chance on AD carries. Is it worth it to go for 100% crit chance, or would it be more efficient to do a more classic build. The build I have been using for this is (Attack Speed Boots)(IE)(Phant-Dancer x2)(Static Shiv)(Bloodthirster). The use of crit runes on Seals, Glyphs, and Marks offers 15% crit chance, so the static shiv is not needed. Is this more effective than a standard AD carry build, and if so, why don't more people use this.
Trinity Force gives movespeed, Phage procs, and 15% Crit to hit exactly 100% with an IE and two PDs. WELL 95% SINCE THEY NERFED IT but whatever close enough.

Problem: IE PD PD, usually LW, TF... You still lack both a defensive item and a lifesteal item and can't fill those needs with a single purchase. It's not feasible except maybe on Cait/Trist/Ez against a team that lacks any ability to force dive the carry. If you're losing, you can't go without boots because you need Homeguard.

It fits the "standard build" mold well enough, if you can handle the loss of a defensive item (lifesteal more important yo). Endgame carries already dump boots because they offer less movespeed than a third movespeed item (often Zephyr for tenacity) at that point. Most of the time, the 3rd-4th slot defensive item is too necessary for survival and very few games go long enough to buy 19k worth of items. ;/

that key and peele video makes me want to pronounce it Ay-ay-trox |=[
[youtube]JydJP2nff9o[/youtube]

A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-trox

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Meanwhile every 14-year-old league player is having a hissy fit over how ridiculously cool the new champ is what with it's shameless sephiroth-themed look and super cool bloody attacks. I wouldn't be surprised if he came with an option to change the BGM to One-Winged Angel.

May as well, right, riot?

Next update Genova Project Zed and Annoying Ninja Akali are released, together with Black Guy with Mohawk Graves and Buster Sword Tryn.
For the astounding amount of projecting you are putting out, I'd have to say he looks absolutely nothing like Sephiroth. He looks like Doom from Dota2.

He has one wing and a big sword Christ this is shameless fan service but it's a matter of perspective I guess

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This is Aatrox right? Cause he has two wings, a very different kind of sword, and looks like a demon when Sephiroth is supposed to look like an angel. Aatrox certainly doesn't have a trenchcoat either, or long silver hair, or bishy looks, etc.

This is Aatrox right? Cause he has two wings, a very different kind of sword, and looks like a demon when Sephiroth is supposed to look like an angel. Aatrox certainly doesn't have a trenchcoat either, or long silver hair, or bishy looks, etc.
This. I don't think it's a particularly creative champion, but I wouldn't say he's any form of fan service to fans of other games. He looks like a somewhat generic modern designed demon of some sort, and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing or anything, just not all that interesting.

dot point observations of clg vs ac since i just got home to watch the games. updates as i go

game 1
- retard picks by azure. rammus first pick is riding crumbzz' dick when the comp doesn't even make sense. rammus is only good on high mobility or poke comps, other than that he's an inferior volibear picked only for his dominance in ganks (but LOL CLEANSE)
- elise a really confusing pick against nidalee, i guess they expected shen top but any amount of research would have revealed hotshot has been playing nidalee and diana for the last two weeks
- triple shield pickup was very nice by clg to counteract death mark
- varus/sona is a really strong bot lane but not on purple side 2v2
- if draguner actually mains rammus, he's not being very convincing about it. early smite was baffling. and now he wasted heaps of time top which set him behind
- chauster's decision making is looking better, he predicted draguner's early pathing well and was very discerning with ganks
- nice by azure to take early objectives, but they aren't really doing anything with it. clg keeps farm up and is in a more comfortable position
- azure should be baiting out shields more but they're making jiji completely ineffective
- link's dcap rush is actually really cool since cdr isn't as important when your opponents have high 'all-in' cooldowns
- demunlul's chains of corruption are really bad
- azure refuses to focus hotshot even when he's stacking magic resist against a zed
- good pressure around the map by azure but they forgot doublelift, game over

Oh god I just realised he has two wings it's like that his left-side wing was so massive

Still though bad design

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)