League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Been trying Soraka a lot recently, doing pretty well with her, a few perfect games here and there.
Just as I was known for it in UU, im quite the unconventional player in LOL as well. I go Jungle Soraka, Jungle Karma, AP trist, etc...and the funny thing is is that if my team doesnt rage or feed, we usually end up winning.

Except you dont wanna face me when I play Akali....ive gotten many a pentakills with her. ;D

bumping to let you know that on league of legends, a smogon chatroom has been created. for those of you not in the know, click the chat icon and then create/join room, and type in Smogon

i played ap tristana once it's really fun so much rocket jump damage n_n

bumping to let you know that on league of legends, a smogon chatroom has been created. for those of you not in the know, click the chat icon and then create/join room, and type in Smogon

i played ap tristana once it's really fun so much rocket jump damage n_n
Lol ap ashe is fun too. Super strongth arrow ult let's get it!

When i hit 4800, should i buy rumble or trundle (i have a couple of jungling runes from shaco, not that many since i'm level 23 though).

300 ranked games solo,and going with a feeder or rager all the time and losing..
Stuck in 1300 around :(

Tanking all the time cause they fail to that and carry them :D

Well,

After several months, I have climbed Elo from 1100 at one point to over 1500. I only quo queued for 2 games out of over 130, so I didn't "cheat". I played Cho'Gath and Udyr while stomping in the 1200s-1300s, then Amumu carried me to 1500.

I was going to write a guide to celebrate the end of grinding game after ranked game, but I don't know what. I play a lot of champs well, and I specialize in junglers, roaming gankers, and supports. If anyone has any requests, I can take them.

I've played some games with New Alistar (don't really like Ali, but wtev), and it's an interesting change.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I'm gonna do some shameless advertising here and request that you hop on over to the Create-A-Champion project at MOBAFire and take a few minutes to just vote in our Skillset Concept Poll. It's just like CAP - one word and you're done.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-l...item-ideas/cac-1-part-3e-skillset-poll-2-4391

On an actual on-topic note, I've been playing a lot more Shaco lately and I've been loving him. ^_^
I've been looking in on the process and was disliked the idea of creating the full set of the champs abilities all it once, with no option to mix and match. The best design for the entire champ also happens to have one spell that just sounds so excessively broken that you'd be hard pressed to balance it without neutering it.

That being said I'll vote regardless, but I think you should definitely put thought into creating each spell one at a time, rather than in bulk for the next one.

hahaha you dumbass nerds don't you understand you're playing a game called LoL?
MY personal favorite games are RoFL, or LMFaO
I guess you were too busy NOT being a dumbass nerd to realize every single person here is aware of that fact, but it's just not actually that funny to those of us over the age of 6. Good try, though.

hahaha you dumbass nerds don't you understand you're playing a game called LoL?
MY personal favorite games are RoFL, or LMFaO
Play some StFU and GtFO.

Just got done from a game

I was heimer and yelled at the beefier teammates to buy oracles, after losing two of them from being oneshotted by twitch

They never did at all. 20/6/12 twitch on the opponents team. We promptly lost at 35mins

TheValkyries

So I queued up in a Normal game with two of my buds whom I haven't played with for a while due to them playing WoW constantly. We had just lost our previous game, and were hitting the mode at which we don't care whether we win or lose, and are just out to have fun. So they decide to play Nasus and Garen and lane together with their respective Dreadknight skin "and be Dreadknight brothers." I decided to play some Maokai, and donned my Totemic Skin. The other two players chose Fiddlesticks (later revealed to have the fiddle me timbers skin) and a Miss Fortune (with no skin... like a bitch).

About 10 seconds away from the start, I realized Fiddlesticks had smite. I calmly mentioned this to my friends and told them how I don't want to solo lane, and how they must be forced apart. They responded with "Sucks, Deal with it." And I said, "Fine, I will."

We start connecting, but tragedy strikes, and MF never connects. Everyone else loads up to "summoning" but MF was not there. However, my plan to deal with not solo laning was still afoot, and would not be tarnished by this hindrance.

The game begins a 4 v 5. We all quickly buy our items and head to our respective starting points. They, not caring about win or loss, go to lane with each other, and Fiddle goes to jungle. Now my plan of not solo laning shall be revealed. I followed them bot. Yes, all three of us valiantly charged to bottom lane, with a dumbstruck Fiddlesticks giving a meek "?" at our bravery. In response, I say only... "Triple Threat."

All three of us form a twirling cyclone of death and go into the far bush. We lie in wait, wondering if they suspect anything. Then, an adventurous enemy Ryze decides he can stroll into our bush. He quickly faced the full wrath of our power, and upon his death I proclaimed in all chat... "Triple Threat."

Flash forward 30 long minutes of getting abused by fiddlesticks for being noobs, and taunted by an enemy nasus whilst dealing with the MF's connectivity problems (she connected 7 minutes in and DCed every 10 minutes or so). We start realizing our mighty Triple Threat is blooming into a colossal carry machine. Our nasus's mighty Adonis form tanked Baron Nashor for us in the final minutes, and our rippling muscles, very much akin to sculptures of beauty and strength, tore through their paper team into their base. Promptly we tanked their turrets long, and hard, and decimated their base so swiftly, that they still had 20 seconds to respawn as the final blow was struck to the nexus, resulting in the absolute victory of the triple threat.

Along the way there was a great many trollings after every teamfight involving truly incoherent rambling that always included the words "Triple Threat." And fun was had by all! Except by the enemy Nasus and Fiddlesticks. They were quite mad.

tl;dr: Played a troll match with two buds with all of us laning bot together while no other lane was defended as MF didn't connect until 7 minutes in and Fiddle decided it was still important to jungle. And despite general stupid play and holistically stupid trash talk (read chat), we still managed to win the game.

MF sure had a good time buying her items when the connection was that much of an issue. Looks like she has a full set almost

TheValkyries

MF sure had a good time buying her items when the connection was that much of an issue. Looks like she has a full set almost
She was good when she was around, farming constantly and in on every team fight she could be on, but she was prone to that random 40 second DC every once in a while, but she'd always reconnect, and go straight back to farming.

I've seen a couple of my friends playing this game and it kinda looks interesting and I might want to start, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the only kind of 'experience' i've had is 1 game of dota and a few other W3 mods. Anyone would like to lead me to a tutorial or some basics please?

an ingame tutorial teaches you the mechanics and focus of the game

some basic tips that seperate bad players from good players that is not a complete list and should be added to by other players

- play every free champion you can in a coop vs ai game before playing them in a normal queue
- buy ashe, nunu, warwick, janna, shen, ryze, amumu, teemo, taric, alistar, annie, tristana (get her for free off facebook) and cho'gath and get good at all 13 of them - they teach you the basic skills
- run where the enemy will go when you're chasing rather than directly to them
- when you come in for a gank run with them not at them
- if someone is helping to gank your lane then don't suddenly go aggressive if you were defensive and vice versa
- actually aim to always be aggressive in lane, lane domination works psychologically and physically
- don't pull the 'let's wait for them to push up' shtick, if they're ungankable then don't bother unless you're level 6 warwick or nocturne or something else ridiculous
- you're being baited when the guy in front of you will lose to you in a 1v1 situation and half the team is mia
- when you place wards place them to maximise their efficiency, don't just stick them on the primary objective
- when laning last hit only
- know when you're beat, ask for a lane switch
- know the abilities of every champion
- notice the small things, like if their warwick built a spirit visage save ignite for him
- chain your cc, don't throw it all on immediately
- don't cc the first person that comes in on a team fight. the moment someone comes in you hunt for the primary target
- if there's a good player on your team follow his example
- if there's a bad player on your team lead by example
- click enemy champions and check their defensive stats. if their shen is raping you but he only has 40 mres nuke him down
- don't understimate the usefulness of elixirs, if you anticipate a team fight coming up you might as well buy one
- learn the paths of junglers as well as their clear times so you can anticipate ganks
- ward. ward the river when laning, ward buffs and dragon midgame, ward baron when everybody is level 14 at least and keep it warded.
- jungle creeps spawn every 100 seconds. buffs spawn every 5 minutes. dragon spawns every 6 minutes. baron spawns every 7 minutes.
- when doing buffs or dragon lead the monsters away so you're in a position to escape if you're interrupted
- doran's items help you when you're behind, but realise you have to make up for the deficit
- boots and 3 health potions are good starting items when you have no idea what to do
- solomid.net if you're still stuck
- don't overextend if they have a nocturne
- give up on chasing for too long if they have a shen
- if you're top and 4 of them are bot then push that tower down
- dragon is worth 2-3 kills
- baron is worth 5 kills
- never play sivir
- DON'T AUTOATTACK RAMMUS

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to repeat what Thorns said;

ONLY LAST HIT MINIONS WHILE LANING

99% of the players I play with will auto-attack minions. However, the benefits to only last hitting are staggering.

You are more likely to get your gold by last hitting, auto-attacking often times causes your minions to last hit the opponent's.
You don't push the lane, which makes you harder to kill and your opponent's easier to kill.
All the time spent auto-attacking minions can be spent harassing and zoning the opponent.

On the other hand, do feel free to play as Sivir.

natalie

property of alex
a warning regarding LoL: check your systems for pando media booster/PMD.exe

it's a p2p downloader for certain games. it basically makes a load of crappy udp connections and eats your bandwidth. this randomly appeared in my list of removable programs after reinstalling LoL when that patch broke it. it's designed to be non malicious, so it's easily removed via add/remove programs.

love this quote though "Pando Media Booster will only transfer fragments of files that you had previously streamed or requested to download. It will do so sparingly to ensure minimal use of your PC resources."

my ass it uses minimal usage. my poor routers at home almost died a death with the hundreds of connections it creates. seriously, whoever thought it was okay to install this crap without your permission shouldn't be allowed near computers.

a warning regarding LoL: check your systems for pando media booster/PMD.exe

it's a p2p downloader for certain games. it basically makes a load of crappy udp connections and eats your bandwidth. this randomly appeared in my list of removable programs after reinstalling LoL when that patch broke it. it's designed to be non malicious, so it's easily removed via add/remove programs.

love this quote though "Pando Media Booster will only transfer fragments of files that you had previously streamed or requested to download. It will do so sparingly to ensure minimal use of your PC resources."

my ass it uses minimal usage. my poor routers at home almost died a death with the hundreds of connections it creates. seriously, whoever thought it was okay to install this crap without your permission shouldn't be allowed near computers.
:O What's your LoL username nat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)