League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

this is my paraphrasing of a conversation I had during a game today

-tf is backdooring nexus and dies to minions-

Me (Nid): why didn't you life steal off minions, you have Triforce and bt

Tf: why don't you pick a better champ

Me: who are you talking to

Tf: you

Tf: Nid sucks

Is it just or me does Shyvana need a hotfix? Its retarded. Uber fast waveclear, outtrades everything, ranged poke, engage, no mana costs, mixed damage. Not to mention how much MS its gets... can chase down rylais singed with ult.

Last edited:

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
shyvana doesn't need a hotfix she was considered a bad champion for eons in s3. she didn't outright win a lot of top lane matchups despite having one of the strongest lv2 combos in the game however a lot of those champs have been nerfed, in addition she got some tweaks. it's not like last patch gave her some random buff that made her incredible. she has always suffered from her lack of cc, her ult is decent enough these days but it's no zac/amumu/malph tier cc. shyvana brings damage and the ability to run after dudes until burnout ends. burnout times out pretty quickly if you aren't autoing to increase the duration.

she is strong at skirmishes, close quarters fights and chasing. kite her, poke her, don't fight where you will get ruptured by her aoe. she's very good on TT because at this point, she does a ton of aoe damage in skirmishes and fights. shyvana ults in, hits EWQ and you are forced to sit in her damage - like renekton and nasus in skirmishes/small area teamfights. on sr the key is to not get engaged on where you have no option but to sit clumped up for her damage to eat you alive. if you bunch for hydra fiora and yi and renekton etc you will be just as sorry.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I MEAN SHYVANA WAS RECENTLY REVAMPED THOUGH BY STRANGERDANGER AND LITERALLY EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES STAYS QUIET FOR A WHILE AND THEN BECOMES OP, SO ARE WE REALLY SURPRISED? NO. NO WE AREN'T.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nah the champs become immediately overpowered it's just that people in NA take like three months to learn champions X_X

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I always contended that Shyvana was a sleeper after the changes they made to her e, ult, and passive. I think it was only realized recently due to changes to the jungle. I personally love playing her top lane since she's a phenomenal duelist and can be a lane bully early on.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I feel like, in this particular case, Shyvana isn't the "oh so, it was op and we didn't notice" champ. A lot of people were claiming her brokeness after the revamp. It just takes time to reach everybody's vision.
It's not like in S2, here, she really has been "discovered" as good a while after the release. And actually, no few expected that (mainly because it came out with a massive shift of the jungler(/top) gameplay).

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
who wouldnt enjoy playing the best top laner in the game currently? i have no clue what champ can trade with her, shes hard to itemize against because shes all mixed damage. sadly she is going to be nerfed because its the way riot does things, nerf anything that becomes popular. i dont even think lucian is good, even though he is being spammed, chances are hes gonna get nerfed also because of this

OGN games on wednesday going to be played on preseason patch

KTB vs. sword is going to be on wednesday and after that we have faker's team vs. blaze on saturday so get hyped

Why for fucks sake do people surrender a game after you destroyed the enemy's nexus? -_-
DOUBLE NEXUS EXPLOSION MOTHERFUCKER

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I trade effectively with Shyvana by running away from her.

Bonus points if you're playing Singed.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
sadly she is going to be nerfed because its the way riot does things, nerf anything that becomes popular.
But that's not at all what they do... Rumble and Renekton have been staples in top lane for a RATTTHHHER fucking long time but have not been touched in quite a while. It's not the popularity that's the issue for Riot, it's WHY a champ becomes popular. If a champ becomes popular because they're strong enough to just do what they want to do, and there is little to no in game response, i.e. :

i have no clue what champ can trade with her, shes hard to itemize against because shes all mixed damage.
Then yeaaaah, that champ is probs going to get nerfed. I don't know how many times Riot has to say that their #1 focus is counterplay before people understand that not being able to deal with a champ in any conceivable way without resorting to "counter"picking (Picking niche champs whose only job is to not lose horribly is a more accurate word) is precisely what they're talking about trying to remove.

I have never understood this jaded "MAN THEY ONLY NERF THE POPULAR CHAMPS WOW SUCH KNEE JERK VERY BAD DESIGN" when if you've looked at anything they've ever said it's really painfully obvious as to why they nerf the champs that they do and they're pretty correct (in terms of the things they nerf violating their philosophy) a vast majority of the time. I really mean all the time, but I'm hedging my bet just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)