Other Learning Pokemon after 3 year hiatus, need advice/info on team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away from the entire thing for 3 years but just coming back. I've played everything up to SM, but don't have access to a 3DS so I'm playing Glazed and Blazblack 2 right now, but that's not important. Also limited experience with PVP in pokemon, but I have played a few matches.

I plan on getting into the online scene through PO and showdown after re-familiarizing myself with this stuff but the game is so huge now with 750+ pokemon. My favourite type by far is Ghost but Gothitelle and Banette are my favourite pokemon. I'd strongly like to have them on my team unless they are horrible or something (I hear they aren't). The rest of the team I have no clue what to comprise with. I'd ideally like something that's both solid online and offline. I'm not sure which tier I'd like to focus on; would rather not completely swap up the team constantly or have a lot of different teams, but maybe that is necessary; I don't know. I'd probably like monotype if Ghost was more viable for it but I hear its very restricted to be decent in that tier.

I prefer themed teams and would have all ghost/mixed types if that was viable but I understand its a bad idea. I want a Gengar on the team as well, other than that I'm not sure for the other three slots. Ideally I'd like to have something that's ghost, poison, psychic, grass, dark, or ice. Would prefer not to move out of those typing because themes and all that but maybe there's something that would go great with this team outside of those; I'm not sure.
I'd like advice on moves (not sure what moves are good and what aren't; there are so many) and what pokemon would be a good fit. I'm new to this so probably not going crazy on the meta just yet but I'd love something that is at least decent for PVP (not going to lose constantly against random people); don't plan on going into tournaments or that stuff soon.

Normally I'm a very competitive person and mainly focus on pvp in whatever games I play but the meta for pokemon has to be quite restrictive for balance purposes and I don't like restriction (I know its necessary here because of the poor balance gamefreak has put together); but I'm going to give this a go.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as it does not follow the forum rules. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see what we require. PM me with an updated rmt and I'll be happy to unlock this

Reactions: xrs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)