Legendary Fighter [Wifi OU RMT]

"Legendary Fighter" refers to Infernape, which this team is based around.

This Infernape is not the mostly used NP, or MixApe. The one I use is the SD Infernape, which can work wonders, once his counter have been weakened or eliminated.

I tried to have a defensive side to this team also, with the combo CeleTran. Which can effectively weaken the opposing team.

A problem I have found is that entry hazards can wear my team down, which means that I will need a spinner, although I haven't found a space for a spinner.

Another problem is that most of my team has no recovery, I tried to get a wish-passer, but I havent found one that effectively get rid of 'Apes counters, while able to wish.

OverView

Lead:

Swampert [Zarbon]@Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Evs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA
Nature: Relaxed
MoveSet:
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam
~Hydro Pump
~Stealth Rock

Swampert's always trys to lay down Stealth Rock, which benefits Infernape, by stripping their Hp down every time they come in. Also it makes a effecitve Heatran counter which can annoy thins team no end if it gets the chance.

The nature boosts Sp.Def, while reducing a stat that Swampert doesn't really need, Speed. The Evs ensure that I am able to OHKO Salamence with Ice Beam. 94–100%, against a minimum HP Salamence. The Defensive Evs ensure that he has a highest defensive capibiltes capable. The rest of the Evs go to HP to get the highest HP possible.

I have Earthquake to hit things hard, with STAB and a decent attack. Or if I don't know what to do after I lay down Stealth Rocks. Ice Beam helps get rid of the Dragons, Flygon, Salamence. Hydro Pump, helps agenst Hippowdon leads, which can 2KO. I choose the Hydro Pump over Surf b/c I usually need the power, although the misses can sometimes set me back on my heel.

Stealth Rock which is kinda sefl-explanitory, hurts pokes that comes in, perticularty Salamence.

As stated before, Swampert is able to come in on fires, mostly Heatrans which can cause me problems. Although they can be handled if I can get a thunder-wave it when it switched in.

Team-Helper

Swampert is able to support the team b/c he is able to take hits, and if I'm effiy about what my opponent will do, then I can go to Swampert. Also able to handle Salamence which walls Infernape. And can weaken Latias, which is a major hinderince to this team.

He can also serve as a "check" against Scizor when paralyzed, seeing as he resists BP, and can attack before Scizor [only when paralyzed].

Supporter:

Cresselia [Baba]@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Nature: Bold [+Defense, -Attack]
Moveset:
~Reflect
~Ice Beam
~Charge Beam
~Thunder Wave

---------------------------
Cresselia helps support this team by Thunder-Waving the opponent, which can help Heatran, and Tyranitar, and to an extant Infernape.

The EVs ensure that Cresselia is abe to take physical attacks much easier.

Now on to the moves. Relect helps soften moves, especially Scizor, which can U-Turn to hurt Cress'. And can help the my other pokes survive much easier. Ice Beam as a additional counter to Dragons, although it wont OHKO, but I can wear them down, SR+ SS+Ice beam. Charge Beam helps aganist Gyarados', which my teams always would have problems with. And can if I'm down to Cresselia can do decent damage to things. Also Ice Beam + Charge Beam can make a makeshift BoltBeam Combo. I choose Thunder Wave over Moonlight, or Rest, mainly b/c I have a Sand Streamer on the team, which reduces the amount of HP Cress' gains. I haven't chosen Rest mainly b/c then my opponent will have 2 free turns to set-up, or do what ever they can. Thus, I choose Thunder Wave as a move. Which can make everyone slower, and helps Heatran wreak more damage, and also helps Tyranitar. Thunder Wave also slows down Cress' counters, so then I can reflect before they can attack. A prime example is Scizor.

Team-Helper

Cresselia's main job is to make the opposing team weaker, while slowing them down. Cress can also "soften" the other team. Also this team has a slight weakness to Gyarados. If said Gyarados has bounce then Celebi wont be a good counter, which is why I have Cressila here too.

The main problem I have is that, with entry hazards and not a proper way to recover HP, Cresseila will last for some time but, even Cress succumbs to pain. So having a wish-passer greatly benfits Cresseila.

Cress can also come in on fighting moves that are aimed towards Heatran or Tyranitar.
Or ground type moves aimed towards Heatran or Infernape, or maybe sometimes Tyranitar.

Supporter:

Celebi@Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 Hp/ 252 Defense/ 4 Sp.Atk
Nature: Bold [+Defense, -Attack]
Moveset:
~Grass Knot
~Hidden Power [Ice]
~Thunder Wave
~Recover

---------------------------------
Celebi is half of the combo, CeleTran. Which forms some form a defensive combo. The Evs ensure that he doesn't get 2Koed by a max attack DD Gyara'. [with leftover recovery]
Athough I don't think that is necessary, b/c I have a secondary counter to Gyara.

Grass Knot is a decent STAB move and hurts things. HP Ice is once another check against Dragons, but then I become helpless against a Scizor, which can Pursuit me if I switch or BP me if i stay in. Thunder Wave makes everything slow. Combined with Cresselia, they can paralyze many things. Recover is whats different from Cresslia, who lacks a recovery move.

Scizor can really hurt Celebi, my only counter to a Scizor is Heatran, or Infernape. Although I try not to show Infernape until I see most of my opponents team. Im considering HP Fire, but then I have one less dragon check.

Team-Helper

Celebi forms the defensive combo, CeleTran, which everyone problely knows b/c I posted it many times in this RMT.

She can comes in on bulky waters, mainly Suicune or Swampert, which makes Infernape's life harder then it should be. Can also be my last check against a Dragon seeing that a DD LOed Outrage can 2ko, which means that she can only come in after he has killed someone.

She also makes a effective check against Breloom if I let someone fall asleep.

Offensive Hitter

Heatran [Jenemba]@ Expert Belt
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
Nature: Naive
Moveset:
~Flamethower
~Earth Power
~HP Grass
~Explosion

----------------------------
Heatran forms the other half of the CeleTran combo. Although I dont have much chances to activate his ability, other then fire attacks shot at Celebi.

Many people might wonder why I have expert belt. Before I had Choice Scarf, then I figured out that I have para' support so I didn't need the extra speed. After that I had Choice Specs, which had the extra power I needed. Then whenever I predicted badly then I would need to switch, which weakens my team b/c I dont have a spinner. Then I came up with Expert Belt.

Many people expect choice scarf so they switch, even though they can probley hit me beofre I can hit them. I usually Flamethower to show that im scarfed, then they switch in a bulky water, such as a Suicune or a Swampert. If its a swampert I go with HP Grass which OHKOs, making one less problem for everyone and Infernape. If its Suicune I dont want to revelt the secret so I go to Celebi. Then the next time Heatran is out if I predict Suicune coming back in, I HP Grass, which can 2KO with SR in play and leftover recovery.

Heatran makes a good "lure" to get get water types into play. And getting a KO on them. With Hidden power Grass Heatran then cannot KO Gliscor which can hit my team hard.

Also I don't know if I should replace Flamethower with Fire Blast, seeing as that a miss can name a loss, or a set-back. Hidden Power Ice can be a option but see as that I have 3 pokes with Ice attack I don't need it.

Team-Helper

As stated before, Heatran lures out bulky waters then can damage then, hard or KOs them. Can also make my opponent guess, b/c many people expect a Scarfed Ran or Specs.

His main job is to weaken my opponents team. With para support he can hit opponents before they can hit him.

He also serves as my primary Scizor counter, which he can KO, or if he beleives im stuck on HP, or Earth Power he eats some flames.

Physical Attacker-Revenge Killer

Tyranitar [Broly]@Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs: 252 HP / 40 Attack / 216 Special Defense
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
~Stone Edge
~Crunch
~Earthquake
~Pursuit

Tyranitar, my revenge killer. He is also my "check" against Latias, which makes my life harder. Can also serve as a check against Gengar.

Evs ensure that he can come in on speical attacks much easier. Even with these Evs, Tyranitar can 2KO Latias with pursuit if she stays in, or OHKOs if she tries to flee.

Stone Edge serves as a STAB move against Zapdos whice can hinder this team, if I allow it. Crunch serves as a secondary STAB, and the defense drop isnt too bad either. Since I have the bulky EVs, I choose Earthquake over Aqua Tail b/c then I cannot 2ko Hippowdon or Gliscor. And hits Steels harder then crunch.

Team-Helper
Tyranitar can get rid of Latias which if you read this RMT I have posted many times that it is a problem. And can be a check against Starmie and Gengar.

He can come in on Ghost or Dark attacks aimed at Celebi or Cressila.

Before Tyranitar, I had a CBed Scizor instead. Scizor cannot survive much attacks so I needed a bulker pursuiter, thus Tyranitar.

The Ultimate Fighter

Infernape [SS4 Goku]@Fist Plate
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
Nature: Adament
Moveset:
~Swords Dance
~Flare Blitz
~Close Combat
~Mach Punch

Meet the star of the team. I have Fist Plate so I don't have the recoil of LO. Although I could have expert belt, but sometimes I don't score a super efective move so I need the power boost for Close Combat, or Mach Punch.

I choose Adamant b/c I need the power more then I need speed, seeing that I have mach punch, and I have paraylize support.

The moves I have chosen are for maximum power. With Flare Blitz it ensures I ko whatever I need to Ko. Also WIth Flare Blizt it goes to the range where Blaze activates and powering my up even more. Close Combat gets the Fist plate boost and is just a good move to have, two 120 BP STABs can hurt. Mach Punch is for the faster pokes, namly Heatran and Dugtrio, who both are OHKOed by mach punch if they come in while SR is on the field. And kills other priotriy attacks, Lucario for example.

A good number of pokes resists Infernape's STAB moves. A good example is Salamence, but with SR up and three pokes with Ice attacks hes not gonna be a problem. Latias who is taken care of by Tyraitar.

Although a Scarfed Flygon can cause Infernape problems, seeing that a SDed Mach Punch can only do [Damage: 41.53% - 48.50%]. Infernape can OHKO Scizor with Flar Blitz, with SD or without SD.

Well that is my team based on SD Infernape. Thoughts are always welcome. =]

Note: If it says Scizor that could be applied to Tyranitar, being that I did this when I had Scizor on the team, in place of Tyranitar.

If the name of a poke is Red then it is a problem poke.
Offensive Threats

Azelf: Lead Azelf can be a problem b/c I don't have anything to take a explosion, which means that it'll take at least one poke down with it.
Cresselia can handle the NP versions easily, which is unable to 2ko, unless it explodes. Tyranitar can revenge kill it with pursuit, or come in on a attack that it resits.
Breloom: Celebi is one of the best counters/ checks to Breloom. I will usually let Swampert fall asleep, then bring in Celebi [immune to leech seed, and resists both STABs]. Then hammer it with HP Ice. As a last resort Cresseila can handle the STABs, but leech seed will "really" wear down Cress'. Heatran can come in as a revenge killer, although they'll probebly know that I'm faster, and switch, same with Infernape.
Celebi: Heatran can in on anything but, Thunder Wave, which might cost me the speed that Heatran needs. Other then that I dont have a reliable "counter" to Celebi. But, I have Tyranitar that can come in as a revenge killer, and chase her down with Pursuit.
Dugtrio: Since Dugtrio always gets one kill, I can revenge kill Dugtrio with Pursuit if it tries to run, although CBed Earthqacke can hurt Tyranitar. After a SD Infernape can OHKO Dugtrio with mach punch.
Electivire: Cresseila can handle the physical versions like a champ. I switch her in, then I reflect, then plan accordingly.
Empoleon: The SubPeteya set can be a nasty thing to handle. If it has Surf+Grass Knot then Celebi can handle Empoleon. If its Surf+Ice Beam then Swampert is decent. I can fool the opponent if they beleive I'm stuck on Flamethower, he can eat a Earth Power. Infernape can hit it with a Mach Punch, although it won't OHKO. Empoleon can cause me problems, if I handle it the wrong why.
Flygon: Cresseila can handle the choiced Flygons. Once she's in she can Reflect, or Ice Beam to weaken Flygon. Although if it has LO or predicts Cresselia is coming in then a U-Turn can dent Cress' pretty well. Swampert can handle him decently, and hit flygon with a Ice Beam. Flygon can cause me problems mainly b/c if it has U-Turn. Whice hits 3 pokes for SE damage.
Gengar: I have no "Counter" to come in directly to Gengar, but I can easily revenge kill him with Tyranitar with Pursuit.
Gliscor: Celebi can easily come in and hit it with HP Ice, although it won't OHKO, if it has minimum sp.Def [31 Ivs, 0 Evs] and maximum hp [354] it can only manage a 72.32% - 85.88%. Cresseila can also wall Gliscor, with reflect, unless Stone Edge gets a critical hit. But Cresseila can hit Gliscor with Ice Beam, although she can;t OHKO Glis' either. 77.97% - 92.66%, which means that Gliscor needs previous damage to kill Gliscor.
Gyarados: Celebi can come in on a Gyara, unless it has bounce, but it takes 2-turns to hit which means i can switch to Cresseila. If Gyara doesn't have bounce then Celebi makes a good counter. A DDed Ice Fang can't 2ko why the given Evs, and I can thunder wave, recover and attack with Grass Knot.
Cresseila can slow Gyara down and then relfect/ or Charge beam although it won't OHKO.
Heatran: Swampert is my main counter to Heatran. Able to take all its attacks bar Explosion. If Heatran uses a fire attack then my own Heatran can come in on the attack. Unless their Heatran is also like mine. I can hit it with a Earth Power. If im able to get a SD with infernape then Mach Punch OHKOs Heatran.
Heracross; Hercross is the coffin for this team. It's STAB Bug attacks maims Celebi, Dresseila, and Tyranitar. It's other STAB Maims Tyranitar, and Heatran. My onlt choice is Swampert, although he cannot do significant damage. Infernape can come in and use Flare Blitz, but if its Scarfed then I just hope Im able to survive.
Infernape; Cresseila can come in, and use Thunder Wave, if physical use Reflect, then hammer it with Charge Beam. After a Thunder Wave Heatran can come in and Earth Power it b/c it is able to out-speed it. Unless it's my set. Swampert can wall Infernape if he doesn't have Grass Knot.
Jirachi: Jirachi can make big problems for this team. I could have Perish Song on Celebi for the sole purpose to take down the CMSub set. If its physical then Cresseila can wall him, if I dont get a choice item [via Trick]. Swampert can go right off the bat with Earthquake if its a lead. Infernape can come in and Flare Blitz it if he doesnt have a Sub up.
Kingdra; Celebi being my primery counter. Able to thunder wave it and make its speed dead. and then hammer it with Grass Knot. Another counter is Cresseila who can also Thunder Wave and then hammer it with Charge Beam. Other then that I dont have anything else to take down Kingdra,
Latias; Latais can really hit me hard. I will usually go to Swampert to either be death fodder or damage her a little. And then revenge kill Latias with Tyranitar.
Lucario: The physical set can be walled by Cresseila, provided he lacks Crunch. If I can set up reflect then he wont be able to do much damage. I can also Thunder Wave him. Heatran can Flamethower/ or Earth power him. Infernape can also OHKO if a SD Mach punch hits it.
Machamp: Cressila, Celebi
Magnezone: Swampert, Infernape, Heatran > Revenge kill
Mamoswine; Cressila,
[Heatran, Infernape,] > Revenge kills
Metagross; Cressila [607 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (100 Base Power): 177 - 208 (39.86% - 46.85%)], {Heatran, Infernape}>Revenge kill
Ninjask; SR, Infernape, Heatran,
Porygon-Z; Infernape [337 Atk vs 176 Def & 301 HP (40 Base Power): 168 - 198 (55.81% - 65.78%)] Heatran, Tyranitar > Revenge kills
Ryperior; Swampert, Celebi [Megahorn]
Salamence; Celebi, Cressila, Scizor,
Scizor; Heatran, Infernape, Swampert
Snorlax; Infernape, Cressila,
Starmie;Tyranitar[Pursuit]
Suicune; Celebi, Heatran,
Togeikiss; Cressila
Tyranitar;, Swampert, Inferape
Weavile; , Celebi, Cressila, Heatran, Infernape
Zapdos; Swampert, Tyranitar

Defensive Threat List

Blissey; Infernape,
Bronzong; Swampert, Infernape, Heatran
Celebi: Heatran [Watch for Thunder Wave], Tyranitar
Cradily; Infernape, Tyranitar
Cressila; Scizor, Infernape SD
Crobat: Paralyzie him, then attack, SR
Donphan; Swampert, Cressila, Celebi
Dusknoir; Heatran
Empoleon; Celebi, Swampert
Fortress; Heatran, Infernape
Gliscor; Celebi [HP Ice],Cressila
Gyarados; Celebi, Cressila
Heatran; Swamert, Infernape;
Hippowdown; Celebi, Cressila, Heatran, Swampert
Jirahci: Celebi, Cressila, Heatran, Infernape, Tyranitar
Latias; Tyranitar
Machamp; Cressila, Celebi
Magnezone; Swampert, Infernape, Heatran > Revenge kill
Mesphrit: Scizor
Metagross; Cressila, Heatran, Infernape
Milotic; Celebi, Cressila
Porygon2; Infernape,
Regirock; Swampert,, Infernape, Tyranitar
Registeel: ^^^^^^
Ryperior; Swampert, Celebi [Megahorn]

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Hello.

If you are going to go for a Special Defensive spread on CBtar, I suggest you use a Careful nature. With a Careful nature and 216 SpDef EVs you have 478 Special Defense in the sand, as opposed to the 435 you have with Adamant. You also won't be missing out on much attack since with a Careful nature Tyranitar is still 2HKOing / OHKOing what it needs to. You can keep your current moveset since nothing really needs to be changed. More special defense is better against Life Orb Latias since it's Surfs will be barely scratching 30%. This also gives a little more protection against ScarfTran and LOTran, which can cause problems if played correctly.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Although I am somewhat sceptical to suggest this, I think Starmie could work in your team over Celebi. Rapid Spinning away entry hazards is very important to get Infernape a clean sweep. In order for Infernape to sweep you are going to want the field cleared of entry hazards. Toxic Spikes puts Infernape on a timer and Spikes and Stealth Rock make it harder for Ape to get a dance up against stall since there are limited times it can switch in. Starmie can also counter Gyarados in Celebi's place. Celebi is a shaky Gyara counter in general because it gets OHKO'd by a +1 Life Orb Bounce, a common move on Life Orb Gyara.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Starmie can spin a lot easier thanks to CBtar clearing the field of Rotom as well.

On Ape I really suggest you use Life Orb. I see that Mach Punch is important for you to check SDluke and DDtar so I willnot chance that. However, Life Orb allows Ape to hit harder with Close Combat than Fist Plate. I also suggest you use Fire Punch over Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz in sandstorm is quite suicidal to be honest and in my experiences using SDape i can certainly say Fire Punch is much better because the recoil can hinder you from sweeping.

Solid team though, gl.

EDIT: Tyranitar also helps a ton against Porygonz, who of your problematic mons. It can also switch into Celebi easier thanks to more special bulk.

Thanks a ton, August. =]

About Tyranitar, I was wondering if I were to combine Adamant nature + The sp.def EVs would make a better result. Now I see that now I should change that. =]

About Starmie, I'll test it out, and hopfully that'll work out. Although, Breloom might then become more of a problem, but IDK how much a Focus Punch or Seed Bomb will do to Cresseila.

EDIT: For Flare Blitz, I like to have the over-kill, incase of a unsual bulky poke. Athough I'm thinking on Fire Punch, seeing that SS+Recoil+[LO] might allow only 2 attacks.

Thanks for your imput, August. =]

If anyone else wants to suggest something, I dont mind. =]

haunter

Banned deucer.
Got your PM.

Definitely I second August's suggestion about Starmie over Celebi, if you really need a spinner, then Starmie is the right choice. Now, with Starmie on the team - which also provides an ok Infernape counter - I believe that you can get rid of Cresselia. Cresselia is not really needed on this team, and only adds another weakness to ghost and, most notably, bug. Your best counter for Scizor is Heatran, and if for any reason you lose it (read: your opponent predicts the switch in and uses superpower), then you'll be completely open to its u-turns, which will slowly take your team down. I'd suggest to replace Cresselia with a Rotom:

Rotom@leftovers
nature: bold
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
-shadow ball
-reflect
-will-o-wisp
-thunderbolt

Rotom is a fine check for Scizor and can be an extra insurance against Gyarados. W-o-W prevents things like TTar from switching in with impunity. Rotom also provides a decent check for leech seed-less Breloom, provided it has put something to sleep.

Now onto Infernape: definitely run a jolly nature and stone edge over mach punch. You can't risk being slower than a pokemon like Salamence, that's why a jolly nature is needed. Stone edge means that you'll be no longer walled by the said Salamence and Gyarados, which are both ohko'd after a SD. Also, I'd suggest to use life orb, and to use fire punch over flare blitz. Life orb gives that extra power needed to eliminate things like Vaporeon and Swampert.

Regarding Heatran, I'd use a scarf on it. You really need a solid revenge killer for things like Lucario - especially if you decide to drop mach punch on Ape - and scarf Heatran is an excellent revenge killer. Note that your team is actually really weak to life orb Gengar, considering that it can outspeed every of your pokemons and 1-2hko them. Scarf-Tran also compensates this weakness. Keep nature, set and EVs, I'd just suggest hidden power [ice] to revenge kill outraging dragons.

Hope this helps.

GL!

haunter

Banned deucer.
Haunter can mean the regular rotom, which makes a decent chack to Scizor.
No, I meant the Rotom appliance, I've been told that there's an AR code to enable it on WiFi, but if you don't have access to an AR, then I still suggest to replace Cresselia with a bulky Gyarados or, preferably, even a sleep talk one. So, just in case:

Gyarados@leftovers
nature: impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-waterfall
-roar
-rest
-sleep talk

No, I meant the Rotom appliance, I've been told that there's an AR code to enable it on WiFi, but if you don't have access to an AR, then I still suggest to replace Cresselia with a bulky Gyarados or, preferably, even a sleep talk one. So, just in case:

Gyarados@leftovers
nature: impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-waterfall
-roar
-rest
-sleep talk
If i couls ask, why give Gyara Roar? I think DD might give it a better move. Although maybe it might work. =]

haunter

Banned deucer.
If i couls ask, why give Gyara Roar? I think DD might give it a better move. Although maybe it might work. =]
DD is an option too, roar is to prevent random stuff from setting up on it, for example calm mind Suicune or even opposing Gyarados.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)