SM OU Lele MegaGross + Trappers Team

Hi! I haven't posted a RMT in ages ever since mid-XY, but I figured with this team having fairly good results but not being exceptionally good, I figured it was a good time if any for a RMT to show up again.

Nuclear Warhead (Tapu Lele) @ Leftovers
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Substitute
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Bait Doll (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

The original 2 mons of this team, and what I was first building around after getting swept by these two. They're scary as hell and Psychic Surge benefits Metagross an extreme amount, allowing him to not worry too badly about Sucker Punch or Shadow Sneak until it runs out and gives 2.25x damage, then Tough Claws, boost to Zen Headbutt. Lele itself also provides support to the rest of the team, who don't really appreciate getting revenged by priority such as Magearna after one boost.

I've tried Scarf Lele before with very little success on this team, so the current set is just a basic Leftovers CM set. Its a good endgame cleaner should anything with steel coverage and Alolawak already be taken care of, and with Psyshock + HP Fire it already hits pretty much everything. Moonblast is there for extra STAB, although I've also had success with Psyshock + Moonblast and SubCM. Primarily HP Fire.

Metagross-Mega just hits like a truck and takes hits like a truck. In other words, unless its a Buzzwole punching it according to dex entries, it doesn't take too much. Its another cleaner, although this time its job is to set up one Hone Claws and Flinch in Psychic Terrain as much as possible so Magnezone and Magearna have an easier time later on cleaning the team. I've run Thunder Punch over Earthquake, but this was far worse and only really hit Celesteela for more damage in the current meta, so I've not run it. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are the basic STAB moves. No Bullet Punch since Psychic Terrain is the only situation it should (theoretically) be coming into.

[[EDIT]] Metagross has been changed to Thunder Punch so it can take on Celesteela better, and because I already have 2 'wincons' already.

I Dont Hit SE (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

The Other Trapper (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 168 HP / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The Trapping part of the team, Dugtrio and Magnezone work well together with Magnezone and Duggy either forcing out a switch or trapping a mon gaurenteed.

Dugtrio is the most generic of sets, with Max Max Attack Speed and a standard set of EdgeQuake, Sucker, and Stealth Rocks. It traps anything that walls Metagross, Lele, and Magearna (for the most part besides Celesteela) and either OHKOs or 2HKOs, and can revenge with Sucker should be necessary and Sash is there to at least take one hit.

Magnezone traps any Steel type (particularly Celesteela and Heatran) and OHKOs with either Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Ground. I'd normally run Hidden Power Fire, but I felt for once it was unnecessary as Thunderbolt does tons to Scizor, the only mon I'd particularly need it for and Hidden Power Ground not only does huge damage to Heatran, but also hits Alolan Marowak on the switch-in. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are generic STAB moves to run, and Volt Switch gets Magearna in far easier against steel types that can't do anything to Magnezone such as Ferrothorn.

[[EDIT]] Magnezone changed to Specs so it can actually kill Celesteela better! Makes Celesteela less of a threat, and makes it hit harder should someone double switch out with, say, Tapu Lele or Bulu.

Screw Koko (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Knock Off

One of the few mons that I'm fine either changing the role of or changing entirely because of how not effective it is. Landorus is merely here to be a bulky Pivot and I'd like to keep at least one Pivot onto my team. Yache Berry is there for taking an uninvested Ice Beam from some scattered OU mons and taking on Weavile a bit should one appear (Metagross doesn't appreciate its presence). I had it on Rocky Helmet Rocks duty but I realized mid-way into testing this team I had two rockers. Now it is Max Max Adamant with 4 attacking moves and doesn't really know what it wants to do. I need ideas, as most of the mons I've tested such as Garchomp and Tapu Koko don't do as much as Landorus does anyways.

Earthquake is the generic STAB and hits anything hard that doesnt resist or is immune. Hidden Power Ice is a new addition [4/20/17] that hits Landorus, Dragon/Grounds, and still hits Flying-types, like the previously used option HP Ice, but because of how insanely popular Lando is its hard to pass this up.. U-Turn is the pivot move and gets in Magearna or one of my two trappers to screw with whatever switch in they expect for scarf Landorus-T. Knock Off was a filler move that just hits off Choice Scarfs and walls that switch in's Leftovers.

After making some edits (seen on Magnezone/Metagross), I'm considering changing this into a Choice Scarf or a defensive pivot. Any thoughts on that would be great.

Fleur Rape (Magearna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Shift Gear

Magearna was a mon that I wanted to test out and, after seeing how effective it was on a different team, decided to put it onto this team after realizing Tapu Bulu made my team have little special presence and was ruining EQ's damage output. It is extremely good at late game cleaning once its threats are removed via Magnezone and Dugtrio. Shift Gear simply makes it an amazing sweeper and with 220 speed invest Modest it hits 1 point above max speed Timid/Jolly Pheromosa, preventing that as a check to it. Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball provide reliable coverage and Fleur Cannon nukes practically anything that isn't named Heatran or Celesteela. And in those cases, Aura Sphere does good damage. If a wall comes in and Magearna doesn't have any boosts (or needs to keep boosts to sweep the entire team), then Z-Fleur Cannon WILL nuke anything that comes in.

Spare Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-503932311
Ladder Match, sort of low ladder but regardless.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-503934594
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-503939436
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-503943174
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-503999471
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-512982625
Tournament matches from OU Room.

Any suggestions are welcome, although super major team changes won't be done as I'd like to keep at least the concept of this team the same.

Can't wait for Lele to be banned.

Last edited:
I looked good your team and known so many weaknesses, the first and that no games a defogger to prevent the loss of Focus Sash on Dugtrio also to be a very offesivo teams find it very slow since there pkm games with scarf and even that pkm using momentum belonging Landarus but no scarf reaches only the beauty of 91 in spe based on that if you are a fast pkm opponent also take blows because you do not have defenders who hold the opposing offensive play, pokemon as pheromosa Life Orb you really upsets

Bumping (the one time I'm allowed to do so) and an update to what the two other people put down.

Hira's suggestions I've put down and edited two sets, Magnezone and Metagross-Mega. Magnezone is now Specs with a build made for the sole purpose of destroying Celesteela and its mere existence. Once I realized my number of setup mons, I changed Hone Claws off Metagross and just added Thunder Punch for coverage, more accurate attacks vs. things such as Charizard-Y, and bulky weakened Waters.

Matteo Zoni I have no clue of what he said but, from what I could grab I don't run a Defogger as the team, for the most part, doesn't care if Rocks are up. Dugtrio is the lead almost all of the time, and if not there's usually an extreme case as to why such as Stall teams. If anyone else could provide some help, ideas, and try translating that post, that'd be a huge help.

I mean that your team is not fast because no pokemon games with Scarf, threatened with pkm as Pheromosa

252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 510-603 (157.8 - 186.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 299-354 (106.4 - 125.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 230-270 (76.4 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Life Orb Pheromosa Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-Therian: 530-624 (139.1 - 163.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 255-302 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dugtrio: 497-586 (238.9 - 281.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
I like the team but couldn't help but notice that your Tapu Lele and Magnezone have the IVs for Hidden Powers even though Hyper Training lets you have max IV Hidden Powers. Was this a mistake or was this RMT made before Showdown implemented max Iv Hidden Power?

I like the team but couldn't help but notice that your Tapu Lele and Magnezone have the IVs for Hidden Powers even though Hyper Training lets you have max IV Hidden Powers. Was this a mistake or was this RMT made before Showdown implemented max Iv Hidden Power?
Yay fast replies.

Yeah, the team was made before Showdown implemented that, you may want to fix that. I'll be doing that in the OP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)