Rejected Let us move sprites in the menu.

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
I'm not really sure where to post this, but I hope I'm not the only one here that likes their teams to look nice in the team builder menu. As a result, I will suggest a small change that programmers at Smogon could add in quite easily, I think.

**Please let us be able to move Sprites around in team preview!**

For example, Ash-Greninja's sprite is incredibly low, and is almost touching the bottom of the menu, whereas Tornadus-T has one of the highest positioned sprites ever! I think it would be nice if I could move the Tornadus-T sprite down so it's on the same level as Greninja. In the same vein, Charizard X's sprite is really wide, so I'd like if I could move it to the side so it doesn't touch the Pokemon next to it.

Here is an example of what I'd consider to be a *good looking* team (all the sprites are about the same size and line up): (Untitled 10)

IMG_1625.jpg

And here is an example of what I'd consider to be a bad looking team (all the sprites are all over the place and not lined up): (Untitled 8)

IMG_1624.jpg

As you can see, I think it would be brilliant if we were able to move sprites. For instance, here, I would move the Ash-Greninja up a bit, and the Landorus and Tapu Lele left, so the gaps are equally spaced, and all the Pokemon are at the same height.

I don't want this to be taken as me being angry, it's just some food for thought (if this is able to be changed).

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
Here's another example of a team I would find horrible to look at.
IMG_1626.jpg

I think this could be implemented in a sort of "Editor Mode," where we see what the team looks like as is and have some arrows to press which move a sprite u/d/l/r. The distance moved could be anything, but there should be a limit on how far the sprites can be moved.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Every sprite is stored as a 40×40 square among the sheet of sprites. Theoretically these could be arranged slightly differently, but they're essentially ripped straight from the games (with the exception of CAP sprites of course). As for moving them around individually from an end user perspective, I can never see that being made possible.

Reactions: pre

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
Every sprite is stored as a 40×40 square among the sheet of sprites. Theoretically these could be arranged slightly differently, but they're essentially ripped straight from the games (with the exception of CAP sprites of course). As for moving them around individually from an end user perspective, I can never see that being made possible.
Oh man, I hoped that would be doable.

pre

pkmn.cc
Ivy pretty much answered this perfectly. I think we'd be OK if someone wanted to spend the time to make the slight adjustments to the sprite sheet such that the sprites are better centered and line up better, but moving them around on the fly is not going to happen :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)