Gen 3 Let's Tweak

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks goes out to VIL for help on most of this.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 44 Def / 8 Spd / 32 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clears out troublesome Regices and absorbs sleep.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 148 HP / 136 Atk / 36 Def / 188 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

Playing around with this. This was a late change from Charm Venusaur, as I was having issues with Fire. Also went well with Magneton, who is on the team.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 188 HP / 60 Def / 104 Spd / 156 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt

Star and focus of the team, mainly because this, Venusaur, and LS Zapdos were initially supposed to be working together.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 68 HP / 188 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Screech
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Not sure about Substitute, but w/e. Screeches Snorlax/Blissey so Duggie can finish them off.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 44 HP / 236 Atk / 228 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

So Duggie can finish them off. Mainly for revenge kills on Hera and Cel.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 44 HP / 176 Def / 180 Spd / 108 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Ice Punch
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

I've been playing around adamantly with this. First it was Explosion/3 Special moves, then Explosion switched to Hypnosis. I believe this could work better than the others, as I lost Charm/Sleep Powder/Leech from getting rid of Venusaur, who would cripple Snorlax's potential otherwise.

Rate.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not going to even attempt at the EVs, seing as the pair of you have worked on this.

However, is Salamence and Gyarados a threat when calling upon Dragon Dance to create a major threat to your team? You know, OHKO's the majority, if your Gengar has suffered what? 20%? you're facing a Salamence sweeping your team. Unless you do some serious Gyarados Intimidate and swap on Metagross thing.

Thing is, I'm having trouble finding out how to help this minor problem,( if it is even needed) stopping it from occuring while doing barely anything to the team's function.

Gengar's EVs are like, why not use 304 HP and 76 EVs in Defense instead of it being the other way around? Can you spare some Satk for the Defense?

I really want to just say I like the team, it looks well balanced, somewhat different, and gives off an impression of posing a serious threat to the current metagame.

Going with what Taylor said, having Hidden Power Rock> Flying could help deal with that problem and deal with Zapdos, of course with the sacrifice of not being able to take on Flygon,Claydol, and Breloom straight up with Gyara.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That would not help him, though.

He has not replied anyway, he's not that interested, or he might not think the help he recived (which may be bad) was even helpful enough for a reply on his part.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Actually, I've just been doing more reflecting than replying. All serious suggestions given to me are always appreciated. Right now I'm trying out a Selfdestructing Lax over Gyarados.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)