Level-up move only tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel that something needs to be brought up:

what about pokemon that only get certain level-up moves from pre-evolutions, such as Flail Gyarados, Baton Pass Jolteon, etc.?

And would such things as Heat Wave Charizard and Medicham with the elemental punches, learned exclusevely by the move tutor that also teaches you moves you learned in the past, count as 'level-up moves' or move tutor moves?
1. It's from what a Pokémon learns from a level up from all of its stages (So Flail Gyarados is legal. Stone Pokémon such as Poliwrath or Arcanine would be screwed).

2. Move Tutors are not level ups. So they would not be allowed in a set for a Pokémon.

Charizard
Wing Attack (Level 36)
Flamethrower (Level 34 ; Charmeleon)
Dragon Rage (Level 54)
Slash (Level 44)
*Good

Charizard
Flamethrower (Level 34 ; Charmeleon)
Defense Curl (Move Tutor only)
Wing Attack (Level 36)
Slash (Level 44)
= Bad

Make sense now?

ok, what about pokémon like breloom, that learn spore at level 43 (I think, haven't got my PC plugged in so I can't check) as shroomish, would it be allowed to use level-up moves that it learns as breloom before level 43? I hope my question makes sense!

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Of course it would, because it can just get those level-up moves back from the move relearner.

Sonuis

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok, what about pokémon like breloom, that learn spore at level 43 (I think, haven't got my PC plugged in so I can't check) as shroomish, would it be allowed to use level-up moves that it learns as breloom before level 43? I hope my question makes sense!
Of course it would, because it can just get those level-up moves back from the move relearner.
Exactly. So, once Shroomish learns Spore, get the level up to Breloom, then go back to the guy who teaches moves that a Pokémon had forgotten (Sky Uppercut for example, which is learned at level 36 by Breloom; Versus level 54 for Spore) and voila. You're good to go.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your previous post just suggested that any move combinations that could not be gotten with any move tutor (like the relearner) would be illegal in the tournament, such as Heat Wave Charizard. Spore + Sky Uppercut Breloom would not be possible without said move tutor.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
The move relearner teaches LEVEL-UP moves though, the move tutors specialize in one move each and only teach that move. Relearner moves aren't illegal.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sonuis seemed to get the idea that when SU60 referred to the move relearner as a move tutor, that it was illegal. See "Stone Pokemon like Poliwrath and Arcanine would be screwed."

Sonuis

Sonuis seemed to get the idea that when SU60 referred to the move relearner as a move tutor, that it was illegal. See "Stone Pokemon like Poliwrath and Arcanine would be screwed."
Move Tutors teach exclusive moves that, in other ways, cannot be obtained via level up/TM. "Move Relearner" teaches Pokémon how to use moves from previous levels that were forgotten. Mewtwo with Confusion (Starting move ; Level 0) is a great example of that. Though, I doubt anyone would plan on having their Mewtwo knowing Confusion versus Psychic.

Mewtwo
Psychic
Swift
Recover
Safeguard

Though, Mewtwo is banned in this tournament as one would assume.

Well without it's movepool or it's stats up, it's very limited especially if Tar gets high usage..so I unno..him and Mew aren't really going to do much tbh so why not

This tourney would be so awesome. Tar would also get some use, as it gets Rock Slide (level 22), Crunch (Level 47) and Earthquake (Level 61), as well as Thrash, Hyper Beam, Screech, and Scary Face. I'll be in this tourney

[18:08] Mekkah: can I host the level-up tournament
[18:08] Mekkah: or is someone else already applying
[18:08] Justin8649: sure

Yep.

I'm making the sign-up thread now. This is not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)