Other Metagames LG OU - Eu vou pro Baile da Gaiola - PEAK #13

♫ Vem, tu tá na gaiola
Pro tip: You should play this video while you read this rmt

LG P/E arrived less than 1 month ago and as I said to a friend, it's like "RBY Bomba Patch" (RBY in the present year, with actual mechanics), so I started to read about LG OU and developed myself a dmg calculator to help me. Ok, it is 18 years after my first contact with a GBC, I needed to use all my knowledge to build a almost-perfect team, to reach the top. Initially, I just wanna test a team to get it on Switch, but, after a few games, I saw Melmetal is very important (this dude made me play PkmGO again >.>). Once I started the ladder, I saw less Eevee-Starter than I expect, but I also noticed I don't need to poison/paralyze/burn every opponent poke, sometimes I don't even need to put SR in the early game. Just hit and switch. (And please, make a good predict using some techs, you will see it in next topic)

Finalidade era ficar em casa, mas me falaram que a Smogon é o bicho ♫

Let me introduce you the best LG OU Mega. It's incredible how only Poliwrath, Mega-Venusaur Bold and another Mega-Gyarados can switch in any Gyarados-M move + Rocks and survive for 2 turns. Alakazam/Aerodactyl Mega are so good but so fragile, so I choose this great karp.

Ok, after the best Mega, I needed the best cleric nevermind we don't have another haha. Eevee-Starter is incredible. 8 new strong attacks, more base stats, a lot of options... for 4th slot. He can help all team using his Heal Bell, Will-o-Wisp and Leech Seed 90bp

Then, I have the best mega and the best cleric. I need Stealth Rocks obviously. Nidoqueen and Nidoking for me are the best options, once first is bulkier and has Super Fang, the second has a great coverage with 102 base attack, both are so good vs Zapdos, resisting U-turn and immunity to Thunderbolt, forcing them to switch and setup free SR.

THE BEST LG OU MON FOR ME. Isn't a joke. Look this garbage: Psychic immunity, 105/75/100 defenses, a respectable 105 attack and the possibility to take down at least 2 pokés. I run the most underrated moveset ever, that works so good.

I really needed a Ground-type immunity, since my only ground resist mega evolve soon as possible and lost Flying-Type. Zapdos is a Electric-type who give me momentum and win Mega-Venu at x1. Even without any hazard removal, Zapdos has Roost, so, isn't a big trouble

Innitially, i was using Snorlax here, the best switch in for opp Eevee. If it burn me, I just click Facade on his Sappy Seed, but, Dragonite was freaking me out and I don't have so much Outrage entries, then
<-This is a Melmetal .bos
C'MON DRAGONITE, OUTRAGES ME!! This thing debuted in LG P/E and PkmGo to show us how stupid this game can be if Jirachi (or any Serene Grace user) learn his signature move. But seriously, a great wall, 135/143/65, great coverage, strong signature stab. And helps a lot against MegaZam if Muk is overloaded

♫ Dentro do carro, hoje vai ter ousadia

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Facade
"OFMG Cogao, are you crazy? 4Attacks Mega Gyarados?" YEESSSS! Like I told, this is the best Mega. Could help me against Gengar if needed, and I realized I don't need Taunt either Rest. With Facade, if any Mew wants to burn me, he takes at least 48% and opponent Mega-Gyarados take at least 46%. Waterfall and Crunch are mandatories STABs. Earthquake is a great coverage

Eevee-Starter
Jolly Nature
- Sappy Seed
- Sizzly Slide
- Facade
- Sparkly Swirl
Eevee has the best movepool. It's insane deal damage and setup Leech Seed/Will-o-Wisp/Heal Bell ALWAYS. For last slot I tried Freezy Frost, Protect, Buzzy Buzz... But I found in Facade, my best option. YES, ANOTHER 4ATKS MON. As Facade, Sizzly Slide and Sappy Seed are both physical, then I use Sparkly Swirl just for Heal Bell, so, I run Jolly to burn things fast and "hit hard" with a STABed Facade (better when I got statused, because I can heal anytime I want)

Nidoking
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
My Stealth Rocker and Eevee-Starter Slayer. Without Sheer Force, a lot of players choose Queen over King for bulky and Super Fang, but he is a king. 102 base attack and STABed Earthquake hits hard on almost everything. Ice Punch is the main coverage, hitting hard any Flying who enter in Earthquake. The surprise here is Superpower, guaranteed ohko after SR on Eevee and 12,5% to 2hko Mega Gyarados after rocks (If gyarados is full HP when switch in). Nidoking wins Zapdos x1 too, with Ice Punch dealing 41%~48% and forcing Zapdos to U-turn, giving a free predictable Earthquake

Muk-Alola
Quiet Nature
- Crunch
- Facade
- Fire Blast
- Mega Drain
LOOK AT THIS MUK. NOW, LOOK AGAIN. IT IS AMAZING. Yes, I run a QUIET Muk. Why? Because it's awesome. Crunch is the best option to kill Mega Gengar, Mega Alaka and hits hard with a STAB 105 base Attack. I realized I don't need Toxic/Rest too, unless my opp brings Alakazam, Mew AND another Psychic type in the same team (Slowbro/Starmie maybe?). 4attacks Muk, who runs Facade too because Dark Pulse isn't good, I don't need Poison Jab, Rest or Toxic and unfortunatelly, it doesn't learn Thunder Wave (hello GF, help us). "But Quiet?" Well, take a look:
0+ SpA Muk-Alola Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Melmetal: 92-110 (43.8 - 52.3%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
"C'mon Melmetal, I will 'crunch' you..."
0+ SpA Muk-Alola Mega Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rhydon: 164-196 (91.1 - 108.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
And even Quiet, it is 3 points faster

0+ SpA Muk-Alola Mega Drain vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Cloyster: 124-146 (99.2 - 116.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
If you Shell Smashed, you die, otherwise... too!

Zapdos
Naive Nature
- Drill Peck
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
Initially, I tought Naive to use Drill Peck against QuiverMoth, but for God, I don't saw a Venomoth yet. As Mega Venu almost runs Calm or Modest, Drill Peck helps me too in x1, dealing 46%~55%. Drill Peck is also guaranteed 3hko in Nidoking (33%~40%), so, I force mind game agains Kings who just click Quake waiting my U-turn to any non-Flying mon. Naive > Rash to roost agains another Zapdos and speed tie vs Mew and Chari X.

Melmetal
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave
His pure Steel-type and a solid Defense and HP makes him the best physical wall for me. Double Iron Bash is insane. Hits twice, 60bp + stab and can flinch (ok, it is slower than anything, but maybe T-Wave on slow mons could help). Then, we have BoltBeam Punches, Quake and Rock Slide for coverage. I choose Quake and Ice Punch to help me against poison types, another melmetals, Dugtrio-A and Flying-types. Adamant give me extra power to win x1 Melmetal.

♫ Te vejo no baile, já chego sarrando, do jeito que você gosta

Ok, LG OU is better than I expect. I can make a team with a lot of gimmick sets (.bos pora) and really works well. I don't waste a lot time for each battle and we can see funny things like Alolatrio and Eevee shining in OU. If you wanna be more bulky, try to change every Facade on my team for Toxic/Rest, but be careful with your Eevee, to heal them all. S/O to my sons LuckyRyu and Thiago Nunes and my baby Liemaster to help me with some gimmicks sets and let your Rhydons fall to my Muk everytime and all other friends who help me with my LG OU damage calculator (please report me any bug asap)

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Level: 50
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Facade

Eevee-Starter
Jolly Nature
- Sappy Seed
- Sizzly Slide
- Facade
- Sparkly Swirl

Nidoking
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Muk-Alola
Quiet Nature
- Crunch
- Facade
- Fire Blast
- Mega Drain

Zapdos
Naive Nature
- Drill Peck
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Melmetal
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)