super rushed banner by me, lost the pixelart one I was working on :(
Welcome to the LGPE OU Fall Seasonal! Performing well in this seasonal earns you points towards qualifying for 2021's LGPE Championships. Additionally, a prize of 50 USD (or equivalent) will be awarded to the winner of this tournament!
Note: At the suggestion of some community members, the point rewards for this tournament have been decreased slightly to account for Single Elimination being easier to qualify in. These values may be subject to change in the near future depending on further feedback.
- This is a standard LGPE OU Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7 Let's Go] OU".
- This tournament will be Single Elimination.
- All rounds will be First to 2 Wins. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown or smogtours.
- Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
- Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
- OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
General Tournament Rules:
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
LGPE OU Resources can be found here.
Type "in" or "boo" to sign up. Round 1 will be posted the following Sunday, October 24th at 11:59 PM GMT +0, at which point signups will be closed.