LGPE OU Summer Seasonal - Round 1

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Let's get this show on the road!
banner by me btw

• All matches should follow LGPE OU rules, bans and clauses. These can be found in the tier's discussion thread.
  • Matches must be played on Pokémon Showdown in the [Let's Go] OU format. Smogtours is the only permitted side server.
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination, with every round being Best of 3.
  • Players may switch teams between matches.
  • All matches must have saved replays for the sake of developing the metagame. These replays will be the only accepted form of proof for results unless a tournament organiser or member of forum staff can confirm the result.
General Tournament Rules also apply, and you can find a guide to scheduling your matches here.
The current tournament organisers are myself, Funbot28 and 77star77.

Round 1!
BIHI vs CasualPokePlayer (Activity)
MAMP
vs Jho
Funbot28 vs Luisar2002
Paraplegic vs Yung Dramps
Zhro vs Rag
SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Snowman-8 (Both entirely inactive)
Diophantine vs Ivy
TheJ3estPenguin vs QuietSt0rm
Yami vs Havens
Nurul vs Lanill (Activity)
77star77 vs Hayburner lmaoo
KOBETHEGREATBRINT vs Theorymon

In order to meet a clean number, Xevara has been put as the highest priority sub as they entered after the deadline. (If anyone drops out this round, they're in)

Good luck to the competitors! Round 1 ends July 24, at 11:59 pm EST.

Last edited:
BIHI has not responded so I'm claiming activity win.

EDIT: He seems to have responded now, but he is not getting online on Showdown. If he doesn't get online to fight me before the deadline, I'm claiming the activity win.

EDIT2: He still hasn't gotten on Showdown. I've done /whois BIHI several times and he isn't online. Sorry, but I'm claiming activity win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eve

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately, me and KOBETHEGREATBRINT have had really incompatible schedules all week. He mentioned that he’s free Thursday, so is an extension possible in that case?

Apologies for any inconveniences if that is ok! You can check my profile to see what I mean.

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Unfortunately, me and KOBETHEGREATBRINT have had really incompatible schedules all week. He mentioned that he’s free Thursday, so is an extension possible in that case?

Apologies for any inconveniences if that is ok! You can check my profile to see what I mean.
A one day extension is absolutely fine by me!

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Well, that's round 1! There were some pretty interesting matches (to say the least) and a surprising amount of new techs! There were also, sadly, quite a few matches that didn't happen though. Here's the decisions made on those that haven't already had activity called.
SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Snowman-8: Nobody tried to arrange anything, so we've marked both as inactive- given these circumstances we've given our resident high priority sub Xevara the winner's spot of that match.
Diophantine vs Ivy: From what we can tell Ivy was kept waiting by Dio, so we've given Ivy the win- if we're wrong please let us know!
Yami vs Havens: It seems like Yami made the most effort- once again we could be wrong though.
That's all! Round 2 soontm.

EDIT: Ivy decided a coin flip would be fairer. He won it regardless.

If Havens wants to appeal their loss, please don't leave it too long! We've got a tournament to run.

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I’m gonna call for an extension instead. I’ve reached out to Yami on both days this past weekend and Tuesday where she declined the offer to play all those times, despite being on 2 out of those instances where she was available and declined my offer to play anyways because she was about to “log off”. I wasn’t able to make Monday because of a heavy workload on that day, but I’ve also been laddering OLT today and waited all day today just to get this over with.

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Sub over my opp and 1-2 day extension would make more sense than claiming act
By technicality you were just as inactive as your opponent so picking one of you to stay in would have just been hoping that you decided to do anything r2- if Xevara is happy to you could play an extended match but don't think our call on this one was unfair

Yeah I’m gonna call for an extension instead. I’ve reached out to Yami on both days this past weekend and Tuesday where she declined the offer to play all those times, despite being on 2 out of those instances where she was available and declined my offer to play anyways because she was about to “log off”. I wasn’t able to make Monday because of a heavy workload on that day, but I’ve also been laddering OLT today and waited all day today just to get this over with.
This info changes things- if you two could get an extended match done in a day or two that'd be awesome. Tagging Yami so they're aware

By technicality you were just as inactive as your opponent so picking one of you to stay in would have just been hoping that you decided to do anything r2- if Xevara is happy to you could play an extended match but don't think our call on this one was unfair
Not saying it was unfair just saying calling act would be stupid on my part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)