Other LGPE OU Swiss - Round 5 (Won by SOMALIA)

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader

banner by me, inspired by chlo
Welcome to the LGPE OU Swiss! This tournament guarantees everyone gets a good opportunity to get high quality LGPE OU battles, whether they're experienced or trying the tier out for the first time. Performing well in this seasonal earns you points towards qualifying for 2022's LGPE Championships. Additionally, there will be a cash prize of $25 for the winner.
A Swiss Tournament is a tournament that matches players with other players of the same win/loss record every round, with the player that has the overall best record winning the tournament. This means everyone gets the opportunity to play battles every round instead of being eliminated.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard LGPE OU Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7 Let's Go] OU".
  • This tournament will be Swiss, with enough rounds to determine a winner.
  • All rounds will be First to 2 Wins. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown or smogtours.
  • Replays are required.

Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
LGPE OU Resources can be found here. Be wary of old, inaccurate resource threads!

Round 5 (Finals)

4-0

PandaDoux vs SOMALIA

3-1

Davidoar15  vs  Eve
Flipps  vs  Askov
NEET  vs  Banbadoro
ADF Test  vs  Yoaro48

2-2
Snak  vs  halaman95
txitxas  vs  giove97
TGA  vs  frogfacts
AmericanPi  vs  MultiPokemon
LeCehlou  vs  Josepharas1
martinvtran  vs  NoahDeKnight

3-1
KaiserKaiba  vs  Justdelemon
TheShoddyStrawman  vs  iKiQ
Gangsta Spongebob  vs  RizoCroxi
Revenge Killer  vs  IdolCian

0-4
Justabe vs TS Momo Yaoyorozu

Round 5 will end Tuesday September 27th at 11:59 BST. Let me know if extensions are required, and don't forget to post replays!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)