move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Shadow Ball / Substitute
item: Life Orb
ability: Magic Bounce
nature: Naive
evs: 116 Atk / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
ivs: 19 HP

[SET COMMENTS]
This set trades support and bulk for immediate offensive presence, turning Natu into a threatening special attacker. With the extra power from Life Orb, Heat Wave cleanly OHKOes most teams' Psychic switch-ins, notably Berry Juice Pawniard and Ferroseed. Sucker Punch can finish off faster targets like Abra, although Natu must be wary of Substitute. Shadow Ball is an option to reliably hit opposing Natu and secure a 2HKO against Frillish. Substitute can help ease predictions after forced switches from Koffing and Ferroseed while also avoiding Sucker Punch from Pawniard.

Natu is a good lure to eliminate opposing Steel-types like Pawniard, which helps Abra, Porygon, Carvanha, and Galarian Ponyta by removing their biggest checks. Another form of hazard control like Staryu, Drilbur, or Defog Timburr is helpful since Natu won't be able to effectively deter hazards due to its increased frailty. Faster attackers like Ponyta and Staryu force out Natu, so solid defensive answers like Mareanie and Ferroseed can help check and switch into those threats. Natu also enjoys pivots like Mienfoo to get it in safely because it cannot switch into many hits without taking heavy damage.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Charis_Akins, 588203]]
- Quality checked by: [[DC, 449990], [Fiend, 208173]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Lunaflare, 430518], [username2, userid2]]

Last edited:

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments
[SET]
Name: Life Orb Natu
move 1: Psychic
move 2: Heat Wave
move 3: U-Turn/ Sucker Punch
move 4: Roost Shadow Ball / Substitute
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Timid
Evs: 116 Atk / 196 SpA/ 196 Spe
IVs: 19 HP
- fix the formatting please. There should be spaces after slashes, and stuff like "name" and "item" should be lowercased.
[SET COMMENTS]
Paragraph 1:
This set trades support and bulk for immediate offensive presence, turning Natu into a threatening special attacker. While it is mostly outclassed by Abra as an offensive Psychic type, Natu does have advantages over it, namely special Fire coverage in Heat Wave. With the extra power from Life Orb, Heat Wave cleanly OHKOs most teams Psychic switch-ins, Berry Juice Pawniard and Ferroseed. Psychic threatens the common Fighting and Poison types in the tier, and hits non-resists hard. U-turn can allow Natu to pivot out of unfavorable match-ups, while Sucker Punch can finish off weakened targets and hit opposing Natu and Abra for super-effective damage, although Natu must be wary of the latter’s Substitute. Roost is an option to heal Life Orb recoil and Stealth Rock damage during switch-outs from the opponent. (Add a sentence on Shadow Ball, which reliably hits Frillish and opposing Psychic-types, and Substitute, which allows Natu to take advantage of forced switches on foes like Koffing and Ferroseed.)

Paragraph 2:

Natu can form a potent SpecialSpam offensive core with offensive special attackers such as Abra and Porygon, who appreciate Natu’s ability to weaken or even eliminate their checks.(I would generalize this to include stuff like Carvanha and Tyrunt) Because of this set’s frailty, Natu won’t be able to effectively deter hazards as effectively, so another form of hazard control like Staryu or Defog Timburr is helpful. Faster pokemon like Ponyta and Staryu force Natu out so defensive checks like Marenie and Ferroseed can help answer those threats.(Fix the errors in this sentence please) Natu also enjoys slow pivots like Teleport Porygon and slow U-turn from Mienfoo because of its increased frailty. (Slow foo isn't really a thing. I would generalize it to pivots.)
- The apostrophes in this analysis needs to be changed from curly to straight. Just delete the ones you have right now and replace them with this (').
- You need to add a credits section. Please check out other analyses on how to set it up.
Tag me when you are done with these changes so I can stamp this for 1/2.

EDIT: QC 1/2

Last edited:
Remove Add Comments
[SET]
Name: Life Orb Natu
move 3: U-Turn/ Sucker Punch
move 4: Roost Shadow Ball / Substitute
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Timid
Evs: 116 Atk / 196 SpA/ 196 Spe
IVs: 19 HP
- fix the formatting please. There should be spaces after slashes, and stuff like "name" and "item" should be lowercased.
[SET COMMENTS]
Paragraph 1:
This set trades support and bulk for immediate offensive presence, turning Natu into a threatening special attacker. While it is mostly outclassed by Abra as an offensive Psychic type, Natu does have advantages over it, namely special Fire coverage in Heat Wave. With the extra power from Life Orb, Heat Wave cleanly OHKOs most teams Psychic switch-ins, Berry Juice Pawniard and Ferroseed. Psychic threatens the common Fighting and Poison types in the tier, and hits non-resists hard. U-turn can allow Natu to pivot out of unfavorable match-ups, while Sucker Punch can finish off weakened targets and hit opposing Natu and Abra for super-effective damage, although Natu must be wary of the latter’s Substitute. Roost is an option to heal Life Orb recoil and Stealth Rock damage during switch-outs from the opponent. (Add a sentence on Shadow Ball, which reliably hits Frillish and opposing Psychic-types, and Substitute, which allows Natu to take advantage of forced switches on foes like Koffing and Ferroseed.)

Paragraph 2:

Natu can form a potent SpecialSpam offensive core with offensive special attackers such as Abra and Porygon, who appreciate Natu’s ability to weaken or even eliminate their checks.(I would generalize this to include stuff like Carvanha and Tyrunt) Because of this set’s frailty, Natu won’t be able to effectively deter hazards as effectively, so another form of hazard control like Staryu or Defog Timburr is helpful. Faster pokemon like Ponyta and Staryu force Natu out so defensive checks like Marenie and Ferroseed can help answer those threats.(Fix the errors in this sentence please) Natu also enjoys slow pivots like Teleport Porygon and slow U-turn from Mienfoo because of its increased frailty. (Slow foo isn't really a thing. I would generalize it to pivots.)
- The apostrophes in this analysis needs to be changed from curly to straight. Just delete the ones you have right now and replace them with this (').
- You need to add a credits section. Please check out other analyses on how to set it up.
Tag me when you are done with these changes so I can stamp this for 1/2.
Checks have been implemented.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
i would edit the sucker punch sentence to say weakened faster pokemon and abra.
edit shadow ball to specify other natu not psychic types - frill mention is fine.
i think it is important to mention that sub is useful for 'easing' predictions. the point is that you don't have to click the perfect attack.

you really just wrote a laundry list of typical attackers (tyrunt seems questionable to include) - i would rephrase it as orb natu being a good way to remove unsuspecting steels (pawn mostly), and then name the pokemon that like pawn gone.
unsure about the tp porygon mention tbh - i would remove that, seems really not solid.

implement the above; reach out w any questions. i'll stamp after if i dont have any further comments

i would edit the sucker punch sentence to say weakened faster pokemon and abra.
edit shadow ball to specify other natu not psychic types - frill mention is fine.
i think it is important to mention that sub is useful for 'easing' predictions. the point is that you don't have to click the perfect attack.

you really just wrote a laundry list of typical attackers (tyrunt seems questionable to include) - i would rephrase it as orb natu being a good way to remove unsuspecting steels (pawn mostly), and then name the pokemon that like pawn gone.
unsure about the tp porygon mention tbh - i would remove that, seems really not solid.

implement the above; reach out w any questions. i'll stamp after if i dont have any further comments
Implemented.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
you can name a few more options (like carv again) and not specify porygon being offensive.

seems fine, btw fix the brackets at the end. QC 2/2

amcheck implement what you want add remove (comment) fix capitalization (AA) = add apostrophe

[SET]
name: Life Orb

[SET COMMENTS]
This set trades support and bulk for immediate offensive presence, turning Natu into a threatening special attacker. With the extra power from Life Orb, Heat Wave cleanly OHKOs OHKOes (NHKOes is the verb form, NHKOs is the plural noun form.) most teams' (AA) Psychic (as in the move, not the type) switch-ins, notably Berry Juice Pawniard and Ferroseed. Sucker Punch can finish off faster targets like Abra, although Natu must be wary of it's Substitute. Shadow Ball is an option to reliably hit opposing Natu and secure a 2HKO against Frilish Frillish. Substitute can help ease predictions after forced switches from Koffing and Ferroseed while also avoiding Sucker Punch from Pawniard.

Natu is a good lure to eliminate opposing steels Steel-types like Pawniard, which helps Abra, Porygon, Carvanha, and Galarian Ponyta by removing their biggest checks. Another form of hazard control like Staryu, Drilbur, or Defog Timburr is helpful since Natu won't be able to effectively deter hazards due to its increased frailty. Faster attackers like Ponyta and Staryu force out Natu, so solid defensive answers like Marenie Mareanie and Ferroseed can help check and switch into those threats. Natu also enjoys pivots like Mienfoo to get it in safely because it cannot switch into many hits without taking heavy damage.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

amcheck implement what you want add remove (comment) fix capitalization (AA) = add apostrophe

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set trades support and bulk for immediate offensive presence, turning Natu into a threatening special attacker. With the extra power from Life Orb, Heat Wave cleanly OHKOs OHKOes (NHKOes is the verb form, NHKOs is the plural noun form.) most teams' (AA) Psychic (as in the move, not the type) switch-ins, notably Berry Juice Pawniard and Ferroseed. Sucker Punch can finish off faster targets like Abra, although Natu must be wary of it's Substitute. Shadow Ball is an option to reliably hit opposing Natu and secure a 2HKO against Frilish Frillish. Substitute can help ease predictions after forced switches from Koffing and Ferroseed while also avoiding Sucker Punch from Pawniard.

Natu is a good lure to eliminate opposing steels Steel-types like Pawniard, which helps Abra, Porygon, Carvanha, and Galarian Ponyta by removing their biggest checks. Another form of hazard control like Staryu, Drilbur, or Defog Timburr is helpful since Natu won't be able to effectively deter hazards due to its increased frailty. Faster attackers like Ponyta and Staryu force out Natu, so solid defensive answers like Marenie Mareanie and Ferroseed can help check and switch into those threats. Natu also enjoys pivots like Mienfoo to get it in safely because it cannot switch into many hits without taking heavy damage.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
Checks have been implemented.

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set trades support and bulk for immediate offensive presence Life Orb Natu provides immediate offensive presence, turning Natu into a threatening special attacker. With the extra power from Life Orb, Heat Wave cleanly OHKOes most teams' common Psychic switch-ins, notably Berry Juice Pawniard and Ferroseed. Sucker Punch can finish off faster targets like Abra, although Natu must be wary of Substitute. Shadow Ball is an option to reliably hit opposing Natu and secure a 2HKO against Frillish. Substitute can help ease predictions after forced switches from Koffing and Ferroseed forcing switches against Koffing and Ferroseed while also avoiding Sucker Punch from Pawniard.

Natu is a good lure to eliminate opposing Steel-types like Pawniard, which helps Abra, Porygon, Carvanha, and Galarian Ponyta by removing their biggest checks. Another form of entry hazard control like Staryu, Drilbur, or Defog Timburr is helpful since Natu won't be able to effectively deter hazards due to its increased frailty. Faster attackers like Ponyta and Staryu force out Natu, so solid defensive answers like Mareanie and Ferroseed can help check and switch into those threats. Natu also enjoys pivots like Mienfoo to get it in safely because safely, as it cannot switch into many hits without taking heavy damage.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Lunaflare, 430518], [UT, 523866]]

GP 1/1!

GP Team done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)