LC Life Orb Stunky

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
[SET]
name: Life Orb
move 1: Sucker Punch
move 2: Play Rough
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Hidden Power Grass / Sludge Bomb
item: Life Orb
ability: Aftermath
nature: Hasty
evs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
ivs: 30 Def / 30 SpA

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stunky's Sucker Punch is one of the most powerful priority moves available in LC. Play Rough provides coverage against the common Fighting- and Dark-types that resist Sucker Punch, including Mienfoo and Vullaby. Fire Blast hits Steel-types like Ferroseed and Pawniard, which both take little from Sucker Punch and Play Rough. It also targets Pumpkaboo and Foongus, which are more likely to use a status move on Stunky than attack it, preventing the use of Sucker Punch. Hidden Power Grass is primarily for Onix and Tirtouga, both of which take a pittance from the rest of Stunky's moveset. If your team has a good answer to Onix and Tirtouga, you can run Sludge Bomb to hit Spritzee and Snubbull, which both otherwise handle this Stunky set easily. Sludge Bomb also hits Snivy harder than Fire Blast, thanks to the STAB boost.

Pursuit can be run in the fourth slot to catch Abra and Gastly fleeing from a potential Sucker Punch, but other Pursuit users such as Choice Scarf Pawniard and Alolan Grimer have an easier time switching into both Abra and Gastly, and Stunky typically prefers to have its other coverage moves instead of Pursuit.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed investment allows Stunky to outrun fast Mienfoo and Onix, a must for this set. Hasty is preferable to Naive because Stunky resists STAB attacks from some of the most common special attackers in LC, such as Abra, Gastly, and Snivy. Maximum Attack investment, coupled with the boost from Life Orb, guarantees an OHKO on Diglett with Sucker Punch after Stealth Rock damage. It also allows Stunky to OHKO most Berry Juice variants of Vullaby with Play Rough and provides a good chance to OHKO standard Mienfoo and Timburr after their Eviolites have been removed.

To run Hidden Power Grass with the optimal EV spread, Stunky needs 30 IVs in Defense and Special Attack. This lets Stunky have maximum Attack and leaves enough EVs to give an extra point in HP. Aftermath is the most consistent ability that Stunky has and can often confirm a KO on Pokemon like Mienfoo if Stunky's attacks do not OHKO outright. Stench can be run for the 10% flinch chance, but it is not recommended.

A special variant of this set is tempting because Stunky's strongest Poison-type STAB attack is Sludge Bomb, and it has great coverage options between Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, and Hidden Power Grass. However, losing Sucker Punch leaves Stunky vulnerable to Diglett, and losing Play Rough leaves Stunky without coverage on two of the most common Pokemon in LC, Mienfoo and Vullaby.

Usage Tips
========

Life Orb Stunky is a hard Pokemon to switch into and is particularly good at cleaning up a weakened team, so the set is best played later in the game after the opponent's team has been chipped. While it has good coverage overall, Stunky is not a wallbreaker, and it does not beat defensive teams without support from its teammates. Knock Off support is critical to Stunky's success, especially against Pokemon that are not weak to Sucker Punch or Play Rough, such as Foongus. Stunky cannot break through Mudbray or Mareanie, even with Knock Off support—these Pokemon should be trapped or weakened beyond recovery.

Be mindful of faster Pokemon that use Substitute against Stunky. Diglett and Life Orb Abra can both dodge Sucker Punch with Substitute, then OHKO Stunky in return with Earthquake and Hidden Power Ground, respectively. This Stunky set is also not particularly bulky and should not switch directly into attacks whenever possible.

Life Orb Stunky is typically best off not trying to predict what the opponent will switch to. Instead, Stunky should usually just attack whatever is in front of it with the best move available. This set's coverage allows it to KO most common Pokemon with some chip damage, so Stunky benefits from your opponent switching into its coverage moves. The exception to the above is when the opponent has a Pokemon that can tank one of Stunky's attacks and outspeed Stunky, such as Weak Armor Onix or Choice Scarf Magnemite. An opponent can potentially switch Weak Armor Onix into a predicted Play Rough and get a Weak Armor speed boost, becoming faster than Stunky and threatening to KO it. Sucker Punch also does no damage on a switch, so be mindful of that when using it.

Team Options
========

Even with a Life Orb, Stunky is not strong enough to break through more defensive Pokemon without Knock Off support from the likes of Mienfoo and Pawniard. The latter can also set Stealth Rock for Stunky, which is important to secure several KOs against Pokemon like Diglett and Vullaby. Mudbray is one of the few universal answers to this set, so a teammate that can switch in and handle it reliably is appreciated. Snivy does a great job of this and also can provide Knock Off support, allowing Stunky to break through Foongus and Pawniard, common Snivy switch-ins.

Bulky Staryu and Ferroseed can comfortably switch into Onix, which is a pain for Stunky if Stunky lacks Hidden Power Grass or if Onix has gotten a Weak Armor boost from switching in on a Play Rough. They also both can handle Mareanie and non-Fire Blast Slowpoke reasonably well. Stunky benefits from the chip damage and safe switch-ins that slow pivots, such as Mienfoo and Vullaby, provide. Diglett can trap a handful of troublesome checks to Stunky, such as Mareanie and Ponyta. Trapinch can perform a similar role, removing Pawniard, Onix, and Tirtouga more reliably than Diglett.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[jake, 110102]]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [dcae, 117693], [Corporal Levi, 55063]]
- Grammar checked by: [[lotiasite, 302985], [The Dutch Plumberjack, 232216]]

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i think this is good to go for qc. i might have more to add to the team options section but i can't think of anything else right now

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Mention Tirtouga as a target for HP Grass, and move Pursuit before Defog for moves.

- While it has good coverage overall, Stunky is not a wallbreaker, and does not beat defensive teams without support from its teammates. Knock Off support is critical to Stunky's success, especially against Pokemon that are not weak to Sucker Punch or Play Rough, such as Foongus.
Could be worth bringing up Mareanie and Mudbray as mons that Stunky needs more than Knock Off support for to break past - they should be trapped or weakened beyond recovery.

- LO Stunky is typically best off not trying to predict what the opponent will switch into. Instead, Stunky should usually just attack whatever is in front of it with the best move available. This set's coverage allows it to KO most common Pokemon with some chip damage, so Stunky benefits from your opponent switching into its coverage moves.
Other exceptions to this would be when the predicted switchin is scarfed, like Pawniard or Magnemite, maybe Tirtouga since you need to hit it on the switch with HP grass to KO.

Fantastic job! 1/3

For the next QCer, can you give opinions on whether Pursuit warrants a slash in the last slot or is fine as a moves mention?

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
i think pursuit is fine as a move mention due to the fact that it is completely outclassed by both scarf pawn and agrime and giving onix so many free switchins is not good, however i also dont know if sludge bomb deserves a slash seeing as its coverage is rather limited and stunky vs spritzee is not a common situation.

on that note id look to mention somewhere in the analysis that stunky is heavily outclassed as a pursuit user by both the aforementioned mons.

2/3

jake

underdog of the year
implemented, thanks! Nineage i thought the new method is that we go into GP from here, but the guide implies that we do all three QC checks first. which next?

also, i fiddled with spreads and figured out you can still run 12 HP on this set with HP grass evs, so i added a line about this. does our import function also import IV spreads? the hpg spread that showdown suggests isn't optimal for this set, so i want to make it clear which one works with the given EV spreads, whether that means i include it in the set description or in the set itself.

i'll read this over once more before i officially push it into gp though, i already spotted a few errors i want to fix

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I can get you 3/3 just in case.

Moves: Technically Crunch or Throat Chop are Stunky's strongest physical STAB moves, easiest fix is to cut the part about it being Stunky's strongest physical stab and just say that it's one of the most powerful priority moves in LC. Also potentially worth mentioning that Sludge Bomb hits Snivy harder than Fire Blast when you're talking about why you'd use Sludge Bomb, but this is up to you.

I don't really think the defog mention is necessary here - Stunky's already got a set with Defog and you're pretty clear about not using it on this set. Honestly I think the defog sentence should be edited into OO on Stunky overall, that's just how it reads to me.

Set Details: I'm like 99% sure that you can have IVs work for the import (see the first carvanha set import accounting for the 9 HP IVs), so you should add the IV spread to the set itself and change the mention of the IVs in set details to just explain that the IV spread lets Stunky get one more HP.

Usage Tips: This looks fantastic.

Team Options: amgp check "Bulky Staryu and Ferroseed can comfortably switch into Onix, which is a pain for Stunky" want to change which to who so that it's clear that Onix itself is the pain for Stunky and not the fact that Staryu and Ferroseed can switch in.

Overall looks great.

jake

underdog of the year
I can get you 3/3 just in case.

Moves: Technically Crunch or Throat Chop are Stunky's strongest physical STAB moves, easiest fix is to cut the part about it being Stunky's strongest physical stab and just say that it's one of the most powerful priority moves in LC. Also potentially worth mentioning that Sludge Bomb hits Snivy harder than Fire Blast when you're talking about why you'd use Sludge Bomb, but this is up to you.

I don't really think the defog mention is necessary here - Stunky's already got a set with Defog and you're pretty clear about not using it on this set. Honestly I think the defog sentence should be edited into OO on Stunky overall, that's just how it reads to me.

Set Details: I'm like 99% sure that you can have IVs work for the import (see the first carvanha set import accounting for the 9 HP IVs), so you should add the IV spread to the set itself and change the mention of the IVs in set details to just explain that the IV spread lets Stunky get one more HP.

Usage Tips: This looks fantastic.

Team Options: amgp check "Bulky Staryu and Ferroseed can comfortably switch into Onix, which is a pain for Stunky" want to change which to who so that it's clear that Onix itself is the pain for Stunky and not the fact that Staryu and Ferroseed can switch in.

Overall looks great.
thanks merr i'll do all these when i'm home! just wanna point out though that sucker is the same BP as the other two so technically it's still the strongest phys stab

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
thanks merr i'll do all these when i'm home! just wanna point out though that sucker is the same BP as the other two so technically it's still the strongest phys stab
Sucker Punch is 70 BP since SM, Crunch and Throat Chop are 80 BP. I'm not sure if this actually influences any calcs but yeah

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stunky's Sucker Punch is one of the most powerful priority moves available in LC. (what does it actually do for stunky though?) Play Rough provides coverage against the common Fighting- and Dark-types that resist Sucker Punch, including Mienfoo and Vullaby. Fire Blast hits Steel-types like Ferroseed and Pawniard, whoich both take little from Sucker Punch and Play Rough. It also targets Pumpkaboo and Foongus, whoich are more likely to use a status move on Stunky than attack it, preventing the use of Sucker Punch. Hidden Power Grass is primarily for Onix and Tirtouga, both of whomich take a pittance from the rest of Stunky's moveset. If your team has a good answer to Onix and Tirtouga and hazard clear support, you can run Sludge Bomb to hit Spritzee and Snubbull, whoich both otherwise handle this Stunky set easily. Sludge Bomb also hits Snivy harder than Fire Blast, (RC) thanks to the STAB boost.

Pursuit can be run in the fourth slot to catch Abra and Gastly fleeing from a potential Sucker Punch, but other Pursuit users such as Choice Scarf Pawniard and Alolan Grimer-Alola have an easier time switching into both Abra and Gastly, and Stunky typically prefers to have its other coverage moves instead of Pursuit.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed investment allows Stunky to outrun fast Mienfoo and Onix, a must for this set. Hasty is preferable to Naive because Stunky's typing resists STAB attacks from some of the most common special attackers in LC, such as Abra, Gastly, and Snivy. The boost from Life Orb, coupled with maximum Attack investment, (i feel like this should be the other way around) guarantees an OHKO on Diglett with Sucker Punch after Stealth Rock damage. It also allows Stunky to OHKO most Berry Juice variants of Vullaby with Play Rough, (RC) and provides a good chance to OHKO standard Mienfoo and Timburr after their Eviolites have been removed.

To run Hidden Power Grass with the optimal EV spread, Stunky needs 30 IVs in Defense and Special Attack. This lets Stunky have maximum Attack and leaves enough EVs to give an extra point in HP. Aftermath is the most consistent ability that Stunky has and can often confirm a KO on Pokemon like Mienfoo if Stunky's attacks do not OHKO outright. Stench can be run for the 10% flinch chance, but it is not recommended.

A special variant of this set is temptingusable because Stunky's strongest Poison-type STAB is Sludge Bomb, and it has great coverage options between Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, and Hidden Power Grass. However, losing Sucker Punch leaves Stunky vulnerable to Diglett, and losing Play Rough leaves Stunky without coverage on two of the most common Pokemon in LC, Mienfoo and Vullaby. Aftermath is the most consistent ability that Stunky has, and can often confirm a KO on Pokemon like Mienfoo if Stunky's attacks do not OHKO outright. Stench can be run for the 10% flinch chance, but it is not recommended.

Usage Tips
========

Life Orb Stunky is a hard Pokemon to switch into and is particularly good at cleaning up a weakened team, so the set is best played later in the game after the opponent's team has been chipped. While it has good coverage overall, Stunky is not a wallbreaker, and it does not beat defensive teams without support from its teammates. Knock Off support is critical to Stunky's success, especially against Pokemon that are not weak to Sucker Punch or Play Rough, such as Foongus. Stunky cannot break through Mudbray or Mareanie, even with Knock Off support -- —these Pokemon should be trapped or weakened beyond recovery.

Be mindful of faster Pokemon that use Substitute against Stunky. Diglett and Life Orb Abra can both dodge Sucker Punch with Substitute, then OHKO Stunky in return with Earthquake and Hidden Power Ground, respectively. This Stunky set is also not particularly bulky, (RC) and should not switch directly into attacks whenever possible.

Life Orb Stunky is typically best off not trying to predict what the opponent will switch into. Instead, Stunky should usually just attack whatever is in front of it with the best move available. This set's coverage allows it to KO most common Pokemon with some chip damage, so Stunky benefits from your opponent switching into its coverage moves. The exception to the above is when the opponent has a Pokemon that can tank one of Stunky's attacks and outspeed Stunky, such as Weak Armor Onix or Choice Scarf Magnemite. A smart opponent (saying things like "smart opponent" is really odd. Maybe something like "experienced" but that's still weird for usage tips :/ maybe "a player can potentially") can switch Weak Armor Onix into a predicted Play Rough and get a Weak Armor Speed boost, becoming faster than Stunky and threatening to KO it. Sucker Punch also does no damage on a switch, so be mindful of that when using it.

Team Options
========

Even with a Life Orb, Stunky is not strong enough to break through more defensive Pokemon without Knock Off support from the likes of Mienfoo and Pawniard. The latter can also set Stealth Rock for Stunky, which is important to secure several KOess (dont miss this) against Pokemon like Diglett and Vullaby. Mudbray is one of the few universal answers to this set, so a teammate that can switch in and handle Mudbray reliably is appreciated. Snivy does a great job of this and also can provide Knock Off support, allowing Stunky to break through Foongus and Pawniard, common Snivy switch-ins.
Not really sure why these paragraphs are separate; they convey the same ideas
Bulky Staryu and Ferroseed can comfortably switch into Onix, whoich is a pain for Stunky if Stunky lacks Hidden Power Grass or if Onix has gotten a Weak Armor boost from switching in on a Play Rough. They also both can handle Mareanie and non-Fire Blast Slowpoke reasonably well. Stunky benefits from the chip damage and safe switch-ins that slow pivots, such as Mienfoo and Vullaby, provide. Diglett can trap a handful of troublesome checks to Stunky, such as Mareanie and Ponyta. Trapinch can perform a similar role, removing Pawniard, Onix, and Tirtouga more reliably than Diglett.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [dcae, 117693], [Corporal Levi, 55063]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <username2>]]

jake

underdog of the year
thanks very much, implemented. a couple thoughts on a few things i didn't change, if you want to follow up:

Stunky's Sucker Punch is one of the most powerful priority moves available in LC. (what does it actually do for stunky though?)
i think it's pretty self-explanatory (though it used to say that it was stunky's strongest stab move, so i can see how it's a little clunky). unless you feel i really need to change that though i think it's an ok explanation without dawdling too much on basic "stab strong move best move" stuff that our article readers should know

A special variant of this set is temptingusable because Stunky's strongest Poison-type STAB is Sludge Bomb, and it has great coverage options between Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, and Hidden Power Grass. However, losing Sucker Punch leaves Stunky vulnerable to Diglett, and losing Play Rough leaves Stunky without coverage on two of the most common Pokemon in LC, Mienfoo and Vullaby.
i didn't change the wording here because i strongly prefer the word "tempting". i felt it was necessary to address why the set is mixed and not special when special seems to have more advantages statistically, and i want this paragraph to leave the reader with the impression that a special set shouldn't be used, not that it is usable

Even with a Life Orb, Stunky is not strong enough to break through more defensive Pokemon without Knock Off support from the likes of Mienfoo and Pawniard. The latter can also set Stealth Rock for Stunky, which is important to secure several KOs against Pokemon like Diglett and Vullaby. Mudbray is one of the few universal answers to this set, so a teammate that can switch in and handle Mudbray reliably is appreciated. Snivy does a great job of this and also can provide Knock Off support, allowing Stunky to break through Foongus and Pawniard, common Snivy switch-ins.
Not really sure why these paragraphs are separate; they convey the same ideas
Bulky Staryu and Ferroseed can comfortably switch into Onix, which is a pain for Stunky if Stunky lacks Hidden Power Grass or if Onix has gotten a Weak Armor boost from switching in on a Play Rough. They also both can handle Mareanie and non-Fire Blast Slowpoke reasonably well. Stunky benefits from the chip damage and safe switch-ins that slow pivots, such as Mienfoo and Vullaby, provide. Diglett can trap a handful of troublesome checks to Stunky, such as Mareanie and Ponyta. Trapinch can perform a similar role, removing Pawniard, Onix, and Tirtouga more reliably than Diglett.
mostly because i think a nine-sentence paragraph is borderline unreadable when we're talking analyses and a lot of necessarily same-y sentences. i think it's easier to hunt for specific pieces of information when they're split as opposed to when it's one big honker of a paragraph (also it looks nicer). i'll change it if you feel it is a truly egregious error but if it's up to me i'd prefer to keep them separate

thank you again for the check, much appreciated

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
first two are cool, no problems with those. the part regarding the split paragraph, im fine with you keeping them separate, but if you really want them separate it would be a good idea to separate it where the ideas change. here it would be best if you split it so that the first part is talking about teammates that help stunky and the second part is talking about what teammates stunky helps
otherwise cool!

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stunky's Sucker Punch is one of the most powerful priority moves available in LC. Play Rough provides coverage against the common Fighting- and Dark-types that resist Sucker Punch, including Mienfoo and Vullaby. Fire Blast hits Steel-types like Ferroseed and Pawniard, which both take little from Sucker Punch and Play Rough. It also targets Pumpkaboo and Foongus, which are more likely to use a status move on Stunky than attack it, preventing the use of Sucker Punch. Hidden Power Grass is primarily for Onix and Tirtouga, both of which take a pittance from the rest of Stunky's moveset. If your team has a good answer to Onix and Tirtouga and hazard clear support, (not sure what this means, "a way to clear their entry hazards"?) you can run Sludge Bomb to hit Spritzee and Snubbull, which both otherwise handle this Stunky set easily. Sludge Bomb also hits Snivy harder than Fire Blast, thanks to the STAB boost.

Pursuit can be run in the fourth slot to catch Abra and Gastly fleeing from a potential Sucker Punch, but other Pursuit users such as Choice Scarf Pawniard and Alolan Grimer have an easier time switching into both Abra and Gastly, and Stunky typically prefers to have its other coverage moves instead of Pursuit.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed investment allows Stunky to outrun fast Mienfoo and Onix, a must for this set. Hasty is preferable to Naive because Stunky resists STAB attacks from some of the most common special attackers in LC, such as Abra, Gastly, and Snivy. Maximum Attack investment, coupled with the boost from Life Orb, guarantees an OHKO on Diglett with Sucker Punch after Stealth Rock damage. It also allows Stunky to OHKO most Berry Juice variants of Vullaby with Play Rough and provides a good chance to OHKO standard Mienfoo and Timburr after their Eviolites have been removed.

To run Hidden Power Grass with the optimal EV spread, Stunky needs 30 IVs in Defense and Special Attack. This lets Stunky have maximum Attack and leaves enough EVs to give an extra point in HP. Aftermath is the most consistent ability that Stunky has (RC) and can often confirm a KO on Pokemon like Mienfoo if Stunky's attacks do not OHKO outright. Stench can be run for the 10% flinch chance, but it is not recommended.

A special variant of this set is tempting because Stunky's strongest Poison-type STAB attack is Sludge Bomb, and it has great coverage options between Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, and Hidden Power Grass. However, losing Sucker Punch leaves Stunky vulnerable to Diglett, and losing Play Rough leaves Stunky without coverage on two of the most common Pokemon in LC, Mienfoo and Vullaby.

Usage Tips
========

Life Orb Stunky is a hard Pokemon to switch into and is particularly good at cleaning up a weakened team, so the set is best played later in the game after the opponent's team has been chipped. While it has good coverage overall, Stunky is not a wallbreaker, and it does not beat defensive teams without support from its teammates. Knock Off support is critical to Stunky's success, especially against Pokemon that are not weak to Sucker Punch or Play Rough, such as Foongus. Stunky cannot break through Mudbray or Mareanie, even with Knock Off support&mdash;these Pokemon should be trapped or weakened beyond recovery.

Be mindful of faster Pokemon that use Substitute against Stunky. Diglett and Life Orb Abra can both dodge Sucker Punch with Substitute, then OHKO Stunky in return with Earthquake and Hidden Power Ground, respectively. This Stunky set is also not particularly bulky and should not switch directly into attacks whenever possible.

Life Orb Stunky is typically best off not trying to predict what the opponent will switch into to. Instead, Stunky should usually just attack whatever is in front of it with the best move available. This set's coverage allows it to KO most common Pokemon with some chip damage, so Stunky benefits from your opponent switching into its coverage moves. The exception to the above is when the opponent has a Pokemon that can tank one of Stunky's attacks and outspeed Stunky, such as Weak Armor Onix or Choice Scarf Magnemite. An opponent can potentially switch Weak Armor Onix into a predicted Play Rough and get a Weak Armor speed boost, becoming faster than Stunky and threatening to KO it. Sucker Punch also does no damage on a switch, so be mindful of that when using it.

Team Options
========

Even with a Life Orb, Stunky is not strong enough to break through more defensive Pokemon without Knock Off support from the likes of Mienfoo and Pawniard. The latter can also set Stealth Rock for Stunky, which is important to secure several KOs against Pokemon like Diglett and Vullaby. Mudbray is one of the few universal answers to this set, so a teammate that can switch in and handle Mudbray it reliably is appreciated. Snivy does a great job of this and also can provide Knock Off support, allowing Stunky to break through Foongus and Pawniard, common Snivy switch-ins.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[lotiasite, 302985], [<username2>, <username2>]]

jake

underdog of the year
implemented, thank you! the hazard clear line was a relic from when I had defog listed earlier so i just cut it, but "no need for Defog" or something similar would've probably been better for sure

this is done :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)