• more like the worse

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • biggest ego ever

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • <3 it's true

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Introduction

I made this team around mega lopunny and it's been pretty lit to use. It's pretty coincidental because the 1st semi successful team I ever made in back in oras which was when I started playing was also a lopunny team, so this actually means something to me. I'd like to share the team with all of you today, hopefully you all like it.

Just thought I'd include this picture to show that particular team I had in oras when I was even more nooby than I am now and the highest I climbed with this particular team.

Teambuilding

Lopunny is the best mega imo. It's not as powerful as medicham, pinsir, etc. but it's faster than ashgren and koko but has good utility options which allowed me to win a lot of games that I otherwise wouldn't have won. The team itself aims to support lopunny as much as possible. My zygarde is the standard dd dragon z set to weaken landot for my lopunny. Landot is the standard defensive set. Ferrothorn set spikes to help lopunny and zygarde. Tapu lele is just an extremely potent wallbreaker that can support almost any cleaner or revenge killer, lop included and I have my own set which I love to use and will go into detail about that later. 1 knows lele is good when it actually 1v1s heatran. ._. Latios is the standard scarf set and it definitely appreciates lele weakening steels for it.

Sets

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Encore

This, is the best lop set imo. I'm not a fan of fake out / ice punch / hjk / return cuz pup + encore just does so much more for your team like allowing to break past toxapex / clef and encore fat or sweepers into moves they don't wanna lock themselves into, especially with hawlucha cuz ppl on ladder seem to think I use fake out ice punch and can use my lop as setup fodder. That's really big cuz everyone who has played high ladder should know that ppl love spamming hawlucha medicham koko offense with sash/helmet landot, which I'm really tired of seeing cuz that kind of team lets you go on autopilot and climb to 1900s on the ladder with minimal thinking, which is really unfair imo.

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Zygarde is primarily used as a landot destroyer primarily to free up my lopunny which gets walled by landot cuz I don't run ice punch on it and a sweeper secondarily. The set is standard and doesn't need much explanation. It also serves as my tran switchin for ferro since most tran run magma storm and not plume anyways.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Standard defensive landot. I ended up running this much speed on landot cuz of recent rmts like the ultraballz rmt whereby the landot had so much speed and every1 starts running so much speed on landot and I was getting tired of my landot moving last. Rocky helmet definitely helps with pinsir and sash drill leads to ensure rocks go up but i personally prefer lefties to check zygarde better.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Also standard spikes ferro set cept with twave. The reason I use twave on this is to cripple mainly hawlucha, which as I mentioned earlier anyone who has played higher ladder a lot should know how much koko lucha medicham offense is being spammed on there. If one was to be confident they could stop hawlucha from sweeping them, knock off or gyro ball is def 100% better lol.

Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is my favorite tapu lele set. Smogon dex describes 4 atks fight z lele as the best right now but I disagree about that. W/o cm, lele honestly cant break fatter teams. Once you use ur z fight, that's it cuz lele doesn't really have means of breaking through especially stall. It's a bit hard to explain this but anyone who uses lele a lot should know this. This is also my stallbreaker. Lele forces so much switches people like landot switching out of lele cuz ppl assume ur specs when ur actually not lol, so it definitely benefits from hazard support and also is my lead to anti medicham teams. Psychic terrain also makes my lop job of rking ashgren that much easier. Also, I like bluffing choice cuz sometimes ppl are lazy to calc and they think I'm specs with that dmg.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

The standard scarf lati set. Emergency defogger with trick which is honestly really good to cripple fat mons on the switch. The more I use scarf lati, the more I come to realise how good trick really is and I'd use it almost always over twave or water coverage for tran unless I really needed those moves.

Threats

I honestly think this particular can win almost against any type of team if played out optimally but in terms of unfavorable matchups, these would be it. Hawlucha is just a big nuisance for any offensive teams. As for psyspam, feels bad when ferro is my lone steel type preventing zam from reking me cuz of high speed and power.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678400857 - I got to 1944
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-671855684 - Winning vs. hawlucha offense cuz lop is just that great
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-671891341 - Winning vs. same guy

edit got more replays....

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-670910634 - Lop saves the day
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-670915338 - Lop definitely irritated his team

I actually don't enjoy saving every single ladder replay whether I win or lose cuz honestly ppl will try to scout ur replays to get an upper hand and I definitely do not like ppl doing that to me. Also, the reason why I encourage ppl to not go around saving every single ladder replay they win cuz ur a fool if u do that. If u wna do that, at least hide ur games. I didn't bother to save those games but by some chance, I chanced upon this video so might as include it. I lost 1 game vs. a zam team and played my way out of the same teams.

8:10 and uhh 33:32 for the 2 games, also thanks for shittalking me. :^)

Conclusion

I guess the only person I'd really to shoutout to is thicctornadus for a pal and listening to me ramble pointless rubbish about mons and also for insisting 4 atks lele is better (no, it is not! xD)

Let me know what you guys think abt this yea! :D

Importable

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Encore

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, I really like this team, especially the Lopunny set. As you said, Hawlucha and Psychic-Spam teams annoy you.

Another annoying pokemon is Celesteela, you can trick it with Latios but a good player would usually protect to scout for it.

381.png --> 806.png
Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Mind Blown

Blacephalon helps against the likes of Celesteela, while also pressuring Psychic-Spam teams heavily with scarf Shadow Ball.

Taking the team UltraBallz posted (since it's a really good team) their best switch-in was Magearna (if they predicted correctly) or Greninja who gets worn down easily.

645-s.png
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

With Latios gone and Blacephalon added rocks become annoying, so Defog on Landorus is an option to keep hazard removal.

I used to think Landorus was a bad defogger but when testing it out I found it's not so bad.

With Leftovers it can continuously Defog on pokemon like Ferrothorn who try to hazard stack against it.

598.png
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

With Landorus running defog you would probably want to run rocks on Ferrothorn.

You could give up Spikes, Thunder Wave or Power Whip for this.

I would remove Thunder Wave because I don't like that move as much this gen. But any move can probably be changed.

718.png
Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

A slightly stranger change, the given defense allows Zygarde to live a +2 Hjk from Hawlucha so that you can weaken it with a Z-Outrage into extreme speed.

+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 56 Def Zygarde: 297-351 (83.1 - 98.3%)

A more defensive set with coil and protect + leftovers could be used, but it isn't as good at weakening Landorus which was the purpose you intended.

I hope these changes are useful if you decide to try them.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/9814151f0be6cae7

~~428-m.png718.png645-s.png598.png786.png806.png~~​

Hey, I really like this team, especially the Lopunny set. As you said, Hawlucha and Psychic-Spam teams annoy you.

Another annoying pokemon is Celesteela, you can trick it with Latios but a good player would usually protect to scout for it.

View attachment 94273 --> View attachment 94274
Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Mind Blown

Blacephalon helps against the likes of Celesteela, while also pressuring Psychic-Spam teams heavily with scarf Shadow Ball.

Taking the team UltraBallz posted (since it's a really good team) their best switch-in was Magearna (if they predicted correctly) or Greninja who gets worn down easily.

View attachment 94279
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

With Latios gone and Blacephalon added rocks become annoying, so Defog on Landorus is an option to keep hazard removal.

I used to think Landorus was a bad defogger but when testing it out I found it's not so bad.

With Leftovers it can continuously Defog on pokemon like Ferrothorn who try to hazard stack against it.

View attachment 94283
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

With Landorus running defog you would probably want to run rocks on Ferrothorn.

You could give up Spikes, Thunder Wave or Power Whip for this.

I would remove Thunder Wave because I don't like that move as much this gen. But any move can probably be changed.

View attachment 94284
Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

A slightly stranger change, the given defense allows Zygarde to live a +2 Hjk from Hawlucha so that you can weaken it with a Z-Outrage into extreme speed.

+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 56 Def Zygarde: 297-351 (83.1 - 98.3%)

A more defensive set with coil and protect + leftovers could be used, but it isn't as good at weakening Landorus which was the purpose you intended.

thanks, i truly appreciate this btw def looks like u put in effort

Reactions: DKM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)