LC Litten

[OVERVIEW]
Litten may have a good ability, but everything else about it is underwhelming in the competitive scene. Its movepool is quite shallow despite its access to useful moves like U-turn, its typing is unimpressive, its stats are average at best, and it's horribly outclassed by other Fire-types such as Ponyta and Larvesta due to their better stats and access to reliable recovery; furthermore, despite being a Fire-type, Litten cannot check Pawniard due to Intimidate activating Defiant. Its lack of coverage and utility options means you're better off using a different Pokemon most of the time.

[SET]
name: Intimidate Pivot
move 1: U-turn
move 2: Flare Blitz
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Fake Out
item: Berry Juice
ability: Intimidate
nature: Jolly
evs: 156 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Litten does have the combination of Fake Out and Intimidate to get chip damage on opposing Pokemon and lower their stats, allowing it to act as a somewhat decent pivot. However, Ponyta and Larvesta still outclass this set overall due to their better stats, access to Morning Sun, and ability to get a passive burn on opposing Pokemon with Flame Body. If you desperately want a pivot with access to Fake Out, Mienfoo is a better choice due to its better stats and increased longevity thanks to Regenerator.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Mega-Pokebattlerz, 282306]]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Corporal Levi, 55063]]
- Grammar checked by: [[The Dutch Plumberjack, 232216]]

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I don't think a Swords Dance set is the way to go here, trying to force Litten to work as a sweeper puts it into competition with Magby and Salandit in Fire-types alone where it's almost utterly outclassed. A pivoting set with Fake Out gives it a little room over Larvesta as something less weak to rocks and ultimately has more potential use to a team than a subpar sweeper. Litten might be bad either way, but it's still worth giving it the best set possible.

Set I'm going to strongly suggest is:

[SET]
item: Eviolite

EVs let you avoid a 2HKO from 0 atk foo HJK without rocks, 17 speed lets you guarantee an outspeed and burn on Pawn which is something that Larvesta can't claim. Also means that in an absolutely necessary scenario it can go for the tie vs Onix and full speed Mienfoo to try and burn em.

Rewrite the analysis around this set, emphasize Larvesta and Ponyta for defensive fires with better stats, Morning Sun recovery, and Flame Body for passive burns, potentially mention Mienfoo for a pivot with access to Fake Out and better longevity and then tag me for QC check.

I don't think a Swords Dance set is the way to go here, trying to force Litten to work as a sweeper puts it into competition with Magby and Salandit in Fire-types alone where it's almost utterly outclassed. A pivoting set with Fake Out gives it a little room over Larvesta as something less weak to rocks and ultimately has more potential use to a team than a subpar sweeper. Litten might be bad either way, but it's still worth giving it the best set possible.

Set I'm going to strongly suggest is:

[SET]
item: Eviolite

EVs let you avoid a 2HKO from 0 atk foo HJK without rocks, 17 speed lets you guarantee an outspeed and burn on Pawn which is something that Larvesta can't claim. Also means that in an absolutely necessary scenario it can go for the tie vs Onix and full speed Mienfoo to try and burn em.

Rewrite the analysis around this set, emphasize Larvesta and Ponyta for defensive fires with better stats, Morning Sun recovery, and Flame Body for passive burns, potentially mention Mienfoo for a pivot with access to Fake Out and better longevity and then tag me for QC check.
You're right, this is a much better set. Thank you.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]

Looks fine.

[SET]

Looks fine, GP thing add a space on either side around the / on the EVs (so 156 Atk / 116 Def, not 156 Atk/116 Def)

[SET COMMENTS]

Remove the sentence about what the EVs do, that's too much information for a psuedo analysis. I had it in the set recommendation to explain why those were the EVs, but they're not needed for the analysis itself.

Mienfoo has longevity due to Regenerator, not so much Drain Punch.

Implement these and then give yourself 1/2

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
amcheck

[OVERVIEW]
I'd add something like: "Despite its access to U-turn..." before the start of the second phrase.
Mention the lack of reliable recovery to explain why Larvesta and Ponyta outclass Litten.

little tip, dont capitalise ability

[SET]
This is okay.

[SET COMMENTS]
This is okay, you may want to mention Ponyta along with Larvesta, as they both share Flame Body and Morning Sun.

"mienfoo", not meinfoo

amcheck

[OVERVIEW]
I'd add something like: "Despite its access to U-turn..." before the start of the second phrase.
Mention the lack of reliable recovery to explain why Larvesta and Ponyta outclass Litten.

little tip, dont capitalise ability

[SET]
This is okay.

[SET COMMENTS]
This is okay, you may want to mention Ponyta along with Larvesta, as they both share Flame Body and Morning Sun.

"mienfoo", not meinfoo
Implemented.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Intimidate is pretty bad in this case because it activates Pawniard's Defiant - mention this in the overview (and don't say the ability is fantastic).

I think Berry Juice makes more sense as the item here.

I don't think Litten has any potential to be a good Pokemon, so remove that part.

2/2

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
[OVERVIEW]
Litten may have a good ability (although it can't switch in on Pawniard due to Defiant), but everything else about it is underwhelming in the competitive scene. Its movepool is quite shallow despite its access to useful moves like U-turn, its typing is unimpressive, its stats are average at best, and it’s it's (slanted apostrophe) horribly outclassed by other Fire-types such as Ponyta and Larvesta due to their better stats and access to reliable recovery; furthermore, despite being a Fire-type, Litten can't check Pawniard due to Intimidate activating Defiant. (fits better this way, feel free to tweak as appropriate) Its lack of coverage and utility options means you’re you're better off using a different Pokémon Pokemon most of the time.

[SET]
item: Berry Juice

[SET COMMENTS]
Litten does have the combination of Fake Out and Intimidate to get chip damage on opponents opposing Pokemon and lower their stats, allowing it to act as a somewhat decent pivot. However, Ponyta and Larvesta still outclass this set overall due to their better stats, (AC) and access to Morning Sun, as well as being able and ability to get a passive burn on opponents opposing Pokemon with Flame Body. If you desperately want a pivot with access to Fake Out, Mienfoo is a better choice due to it having its better stats and increased longevity thanks to Regenerator.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Mega-Pokebattlerz, 282306]]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Corporal Levi, 55063]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)