literally the textbook definition of a tsundere
Welcome back to the next tour in the LC Circuit: The Little Cup Ladder Tour! This tournament is designed to reward consistency and a high level of play maintained over a long stretch of games. Players of all skill levels will be laddering on fresh accounts in order to reach the top of the ladder, where the top cut from two separate cycles will play in a single-elimination seeded bracket.
Listed below are the rules for the tour; keep in mind the rules might be a little different from your typical ladder tour. Most importantly from the last one, we have made it so you can only enter one cycle of the tournament. If you enter Cycle I, you cannot enter Cycle II and vice versa.
Stage 1: The Ladder Portion
Stage 1 will be broken up into two sections; Cycle I and Cycle II. Players will sign up for Cycle I by posting in this thread with a corresponding Pokemon Showdown! account, with the tag at the bottom of this post. If your account does not have the tag at the beginning of the name or the post does not match the corresponding account, your signup will be ignored. I have the right to tell you that you need to start over if I can't tell who you are based on your Showdown name. All participants will ladder on the [Gen 8] LC Ladder in the hopes to score within the top 12 by the end of the cycle. Players who reach top 4 of the ladder will receive a bye during Stage 2. The cycle will end one week (Next Sunday at 11:59 EDT) after the cycle begins. The second and final cycle will begin immediately following the ending of the first cycle. Cycle II ends at 5:59 EDT the following Sunday. Once you have signed up for this cycle, you are NOT allowed to participate in this cycle. Regardless of their elo, the top four of both cycles will occupy the 1-8 seeds.
Stage 2: The Playoffs
Following the 2 weeks of ladder qualification (throughout the 2 cycles), the top players from both cycles will face off in a single elimination, BO3 SS LC playoff bracket.
RULES THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SAY, BUT I AM BECAUSE SOMEONE WILL SCREW IT UP
If you are caught doing these things, you will be disqualified and possibly (probably) receive an infraction:
- Boosting other players on the ladder, win trading, or cheating of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Using /ionext to hide your battles is strictly forbidden. If we catch you using this (and we will catch you), you will be disqualified from participating.
- Any accounts that are made must be made after the cycle begins: if an account is made or pre-registered before the cycle begins it cannot be used.
- Trying to sign up for both cycles, or laddering on both cycles.
I understand that accidents do happen, so we have a way to publicly shame you if you hide your battles by accident. You will save the replay and edit it into your signup post after the game. If it is not posted within a reasonable amount of time, we will disqualify you. You also need to add to your post after you add the replays that you are a big idiot that doesn't know how to follow directions.
If your opponent does it, you can either DM me your hidden replay or post it yourself.
- Standard Bo3 SS LC
- Any changes to the tier that occur in the middle of a round will not apply until the next round
- You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules.
- VMs are only thing that matters for activity. All other scheduling must be posted either on walls or in the thread.
- Replays are mandatory for the entirety of playoffs.
- This is part of the official LC Circuit and will use the following chart for scoring.
Acehunter1 vs boulicrok
Confide vs LilyAC
Lopunny Kicks vs Wail Wailord
fran17 vs Sciroccoo
Ninjadog vs London13
PMD-Mudkip vs Heysup
voltix31 vs Ampha
babyboyblues vs MK007
Bye1 vs Laroxyl
Bye2 vs Pamplona
Bye3 vs Serene Grace
Bye4 vs Kebab mlml
Bye5 vs Osh
Bye6 vs Toadow
Bye7 vs TheRam
Bye8 vs Star
Round 1 Deadline: Sunday March 29th, 10:59 PM EDT
Replays are mandatory! No replays=no win!