LC Little Cup Ladder Tournament: 2022 Edition (Playoffs) (Won by Scottie)

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Welcome back to the next tour in the LC Circuit: The Little Cup Ladder Tour! This tournament is designed to reward consistency and a high level of play maintained over a long stretch of games. Players of all skill levels will be laddering on fresh accounts in order to reach the top of the ladder, where the top cut from two separate cycles will play in a single-elimination seeded bracket.​

Stage 1: The Ladder Portion
Stage 1 will be broken up into two sections; Cycle I and Cycle II. Players will sign up for Cycle I by posting in this thread with a corresponding Pokemon Showdown! account, with the tag at the bottom of this post. If your account does not have the tag at the beginning of the name or the post does not match the corresponding account, your signup will be ignored. I have the right to tell you that you need to start over if I can't tell who you are based on your Showdown name. All participants will ladder on the [Gen 8] LC Ladder in the hopes to score within the top 16 by the end of the cycle. The cycle will end one week (Next Sunday at 10:00pm East Time). The second and final cycle will begin immediately following the ending of the first cycle. Cycle II ends at 11:00 PM Eastern Time the following Sunday. Players who reach the top sixteen during either cycle will be assigned a seed which will be based off of the elo they finished with at the end of their cycle. You may participate in either or both cycles. All games that are apart of the LC Ladder Tour will be forced public.

Stage 2: The Playoffs
Following the 2 weeks of ladder qualification (throughout the 2 cycles), the top players from both cycles will face off in a single elimination, BO3 SS LC playoff bracket.

RULES THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SAY, BUT I AM BECAUSE SOMEONE WILL SCREW IT UP
If you are caught doing these things, you will be disqualified and possibly (probably) receive an infraction:

• Boosting other players on the ladder, win trading, or cheating of any kind will not be tolerated.​
  • Any accounts that are made must be made after the cycle begins: if an account is made or pre-registered before the cycle begins it cannot be used.​
  • Your name MUST be recognizable as you. If I cannot figure out who you are just by looking at the name, I can and will make you restart at any time in the cycle.​
  • If you happen to get in the top 16 twice, you do not qualify twice. Instead the next highest elo in the second cycle will qualify.​

Here's the general tournament rules that you are expected to know:
Rules:
Standard SS LC
Any changes to the tier that occur in the middle of a round will not apply until the next round
You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules. Please also read this more recent thread.
VMs are only thing that matters for activity. Use the guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip.
This is part of the official LC Circuit and will use the Type C chart for scoring.
You must top cut to receive points.

Round 1

Scottie vs Baloor
wesh papillon vs Fiend
Acehunter1 vs terreitor
Collette vs reggg
Lokifan vs aleaniled
Drifting vs Mendeez
DOOR MONEY vs dragonitenb
BeardedDrakon vs Elfuseon
kythr vs Stecolomaxx
Surfy vs Plas
Tao vs xujing691691
Be Like Bisharp vs MOHAMEDALL
CMDoge vs gali
tazz vs ProDigeZz
Pamplona vs KSG
PigWarrior19 vs Laroxyl

Deadline: Sunday September 18, 11:00 PM EDT (GMT-4)

REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED

Last edited:

grape tylenol

chaos control!
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artist
predicts

Scottie vs Baloor
wesh papillon vs Fiend
Acehunter1 vs terreitor
Collette vs reggg
Lokifan vs aleaniled
Drifting vs Mendeez
kythr vs Stecolomaxx
Surfy vs Plas
Tao vs xujing691691
Be Like Bisharp vs MOHAMEDALL: #MOHAMEDALLSweep
CMDoge vs gali
tazz vs ProDigeZz
Pamplona vs KSG
PigWarrior19 vs Laroxyl: just trust me bro

Last edited:

Kazeiyuu

formerly Be Like Bisharp
Predicts

Scottie vs Baloor
wesh papillon vs Fiend
Acehunter1 vs terreitor
Collette vs reggg
Lokifan vs aleaniled
Drifting vs Mendeez (already happened)
kythr vs Stecolomaxx
Surfy vs Plas
Tao vs xujing691691
Be Like Bisharp vs MOHAMEDALL (my game)
CMDoge vs gali
tazz vs ProDigeZz
Pamplona vs KSG
PigWarrior19 vs Laroxyl

had someone send me the mus so I can predict without spoilers. just doing these for fun

Scottie (70) vs Baloor (30) - I think many others agree with me that Scottie is one of if not the best ss players around. Even so, I wouldn’t underestimate THE LOOR, he’s a solid player and if he can net some good mu’s I think he could give Scottie a run for his money.

wesh papillon (80) vs. Fiend (20) - I trust Pap’s building skills quite a bit and I’m sure he will be able to net good mus and outplay his opponent especially if he’s motivated

Acehunter1 (90) vs. terreitor (10) - Go acehunter! <3

Collette (80) vs reggg (20) - Collette is coming off a pretty incredible lcpl campaign so hard not to bold her here.

Lokifan (90) vs aleaniled (10) - Not sure who Loki’s opponent is but pretty confident he will take it.

Drifting (15) vs Mendeez (85) - I teamed w Mendeez for lcpl so I know how incredible he is. I think Drifting is solid overall but rolling Mendeez is a pretty unfortunate round 1.

DOOR MONEY (80) vs dragonitenb (20) - Pretty big DOOR MONEY fan, haven’t watched a lot of his games but I think I played him once on ladder with pap and ace and I really liked the way he played. Dragonite was on my scrubs team but I think DOOR just has a better understanding of the tier.

BeardedDrakon (30) vs Elfuseon (70) - Elfu has gotten some huge wins this year vs some of the best players in the tier so I am confident he can take it. Drakon is no joke though, i’ve been pretty impressed with his play so I think this will be a fun matchup, but I think Elfu’s experience gives him the advantage here.

kythr (80) vs Stecolomaxx (20) - Hard not to bold kythr ever. :p

Surfy (50) vs Plas (50) - pretty tough one to predict tbh. both are friends of mine and both are hella solid imo. I know Plas has a tendency for some more niche mons so if those can net a good mu and catch Surfy off guard then he may be able to take it. Either way this is a pretty fun matchup.

Tao (90) vs xujing691691 (10) - repeat???

Be Like Bisharp (50) vs MOHAMEDALL (50) - haven’t seen either play so good luck to both

CMDoge (65) vs gali (35) - pretty big fan of both players tbh as I think they are both really solid. Giving the edge to my friend doge here bc I feel like he’s more in touch w the meta and he just had a great lcpl in ss

tazz (50) vs ProDigeZz (50) - highlight match for sure. both players are incredible at LC and I really am not sure how to predict this one. Both seem to be pretty in tune with the meta. Interested to see what they both end up bringing.

Pamplona (55) vs KSG (45) repeat??? another highlight match, very excited to see what Pamp brings

PigWarrior19 (10) vs Laroxyl (90) - pig warrior is a really cool guy but I can’t bold against my bro laro

gl to all, i feel like I’m friends w more than 50% of the qualifiers LOL so this will be a very fun tour to watch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)