LC Little Cup Ladder Tournament (Cycle I)

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
1571444243854.png

Welcome to the final tournament in the 2019 LC Tournament Circuit; the Little Cup Ladder Tournament. This tournament is designed to reward consistency and a high level of play maintained over a long stretch of games. Players of all skill levels will be laddering on fresh accounts in order to reach the top of the ladder, where the top cut from two separate cycles will play in a single-elimination seeded bracket. This is also your last chance to score points in the LC Circuit before playoffs, so if you need that last push to make the playoffs, here's your chance!

Listed below are the rules for the tour; keep in mind the rules might be a little different from your typical ladder tour.

Stage 1: The Ladder Portion
Stage 1 will be broken up into two sections; Cycle I and Cycle II. Players will sign up for Cycle I by posting in this thread with a corresponding Pokemon Showdown! account, with the tag at the bottom of this post. If your account does not have the tag at the beginning of the name or the post does not match the corresponding account, your signup will be ignored. All participants will ladder on the [Gen 7] LC Ladder in the hopes to score within the top 12 by the end of the cycle. Players who reach top 4 of the ladder will receive a bye during Stage 2. The cycle will end one week (Next Saturday at 11:59 EDT) after the cycle begins. The second and final cycle will begin immediately following the ending of the first cycle. All players may play in the following round regardless as to whether they qualified or not, in order to potentially improve their seed or to earn a bye week. Players who reach the top twelve during either cycle will be assigned a seed which will be based off of the elo they finished with at the end of their cycle. If you play in both rounds and qualify in both, the better of your two ratings will be used. Regardless of their elo, the top four of both cycles will occupy the 1-8 seeds.

Stage 2: The Playoffs
Following the 2 weeks of ladder qualification (throughout the 2 cycles), the top players from both cycles will face off in a single elimination, BO3 SM LC playoff bracket. The initial pairings will be based on seed (taken from the elo scores), with the bracket looking something like this...

RULES THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SAY, BUT I AM BECAUSE SOMEONE WILL SCREW IT UP
If you are caught doing these things, you will be disqualified and possibly (probably) receive an infraction:
  • Boosting other players on the ladder, win trading, or cheating of any kind will not be tolerated.
  • Using /ionext to hide your battles is strictly forbidden. If we catch you using this (and we will catch you), you will be disqualified from participating.​
  • Any accounts that are made must be made after the cycle begins: if an account is made or pre-registered before the cycle begins it cannot be used.​
— But Coco! What if I accidentally /ionext my battle?
I understand that accidents do happen, so we have a way to publicly shame you if you hide your battles by accident. You will save the replay and edit it into your signup post after the game. If it is not posted within a reasonable amount of time, we will disqualify you. You also need to add to your post after you add the replays that you are a big idiot that doesn't know how to follow directions.

HOW TO SIGN UP:
When signing up, follow this format exactly:
Forum name: Coconut
Cycle 1 Alt: 1LCLT Coconut
Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

Plaintext for the copy/paste:
Forum name:
Cycle 1 Alt:
Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?

Once you are signed up, immediately register the name on PS! Then you may start battling on that account. You will not be allowed to change your account once you have posted. Please use a name that someone can quickly identify it as your Smogon account, do not use someone else's name or some random name that I cannot immediately tell who you are.

THE CYCLE I TAG IS "1LCLT"
Cycle I ends at October 26th at 11:59 EDT
Good luck everyone!

Rules:
  • Standard USM LC
  • Any changes to the tier that occur in the middle of a round will not apply until the next round
  • You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules. Please also read this more recent thread.
  • VMs are only thing that matters for activity. Use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip.
This is part of the official LC Circuit and will use the following chart for scoring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)