Little Cup OU Team.

Decided to help promote more awareness of the Little Cup metagame, I'd post my first attempt at a team for LC.

Meowth (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 36 HP/236 Atk/196 Spd/36 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Hypnosis
- Return
- Bite
---
I figured a Fake Out lead would help with early momentum, and I was stuck deciding between Aipom and Meowth. I decided to go with Meowth due to faster base speed, meaning less EV requirement to max it. The set I admit is a ripoff of Mr. Happy's, although I can't think of any more effective set to use with it. Max attack and Speed, with EVs spread to get the first point in both HP and Special defense. Focus Sash to make sure Meowth can hang around for a bit, and to take a hit from other priority leads.

Cranidos (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 60 HP/236 Atk/212 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
---
With Mold Breaker, Rock/Ground is unresisted in LC OU. Focus Sash to help stay alive to get off the rock polish, then begin sweeping. Stone Edge over Head Smash, since at 1 HP the recoil will KO Cranidos.

Bronzor @ Oran Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP/168 Atk/68 Sp. Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Sleep Talk
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
---
Sleep Talk to let Bronzor take Hypnosis, Stealth Rock to ruin any opposing Sashers, and Gyro Ball and Earthquake as standard attacking moves. Provides a needed Dragon resist for when ScarfGible Outrages.

Drifloon (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 196 HP/196 Spd/116 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Explosion
---
After the Salac goes off, Drifloon becomes the fastest thing in LC. Shadow Ball for Stab. The third move is another difficult choice. HP Fighting gives better coverage, and allows a 2HKO on Magnemite, the only OU/BL which resists Thunderbolt and Shadowball, Thunderbolt's high BP on targets it hits SE allows Drifloon to have a higher chance of OHKOing nearly any water or flying types. Last is explosion, to allow Drifloon to take out one last threat. Still sticking with Thunderbolt for the OHKO on Murkrow and Swiftswimmers.

Magby (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd/200 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Thunderpunch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Cross Chop
---
A nice mixed set I got from the analysis. Fire Blast to help clean up late game. HP Grass for high damage to Water/Ground/Rock types. Thunderpunch for SE hits on flying types, and water types from the physical side, while Cross Chop hits normal types, including Munchlax.

Munchlax (M) @ Oran Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP/36 Def/236 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Return
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
---
Thick Fat to help it take special hits while it Curses up, then unleashes powerful STAB Returns. Pursuit to take on Ghost types and hit Bronzor for neutral damage, and EQ to cover other Rock/Steels and provide better coverage. Fire Blast is a 2-3HKO on Bronzor, depending on the item held.

I would go with HP fighting, since then you won't be walled by anything in particular. Psychics can take hits, but then so can you.

Fighting is probably the safer choice in both move slots I mentioned it for, but I'm going to go ahead and try HP Fire and Thunderbolt in those slots as well, to see if the higher damage they do on certain threatening pokemon is worth it.

You seem to be missing a few EVs there.....
No, the spread is actually correct. You see, Magby's Base Speed unfortunately ends in 3, so it needs a lot of EVs to max it out...maxing out SpA and Spe leaves no room for other stuff because EVs affect stats differently at L5

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think that Rock Polish Cranidos could work quite well over your scarf set, just drop one of the rock attacks or Pursuit and sweep with 30 speed (beating Adamant ScarfLett among other things).

Curselax is ineffective in LC, you need time to set up and that will give your opponent a free switch to something that can 1KO you, even after a Curse. Unless their team is extremely defensive (so lacking powerful sweepers) it is unlightly you will do much with it. Put something else over Curse.

Maybe Bronzor do better with Gyro Ball+EQ than Psychic+HP Fight? or even Charge Beam + Psychic?

Still sort of undecided on the attacking moves for Bronzong, although I liked your suggestion to go for a Rock Polish set for Cranidos. Keeping Stone Edge over Head Smash to stay alive longer. Updating original post to reflect changes when I get back from graduation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)