little known forum tips + fun facts

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
great tips, faint. ok:

did you know..?
  • you can click lunatone or solrock in the smogon dex to swap between dark and light mode
  • you can drag a thread from the forum index to the recycle bin on your desktop to delete it without help from a mod
  • you can click the pin on a pinned thread to unpin it
post more helpful tips!

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
if you go to mt. moon you can get a fossil and then revive it into a pokemon inside cinnibar island

you can go straight to the search function by clicking the magnifying glass (looks like this:
1627526132933.png
)

castform can change form in the weather

castform cannot change form in sandy weather

you can disconnect your router to play the dinosaur game

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
some more tips:
  • if youre really angry on the internet, you can make a hateful slur-filled post in the sandbox and then never post it, sparing everyone's feelings

• if you need a commission but can't afford it or don't want to pay, just pretend you have an article that needs art on that theme, and a hapless artist will make art for you
  • if you don't know if you've waited long enough to get another name change, you can use the barenaked ladies' song "one week" as a helpful mnemonic, with how long it's been since your name change in the first line
  • if you're looking to earn a badge, many pages are yet to be translated into chinese. learn chinese and contribute in this subforum

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
if you have a low attention span whilst posting you can click the “Reddit” button to be sent to reddit

to acquire a badge i personally recommend starting a smear gle studio thread where you post classical pieces of art such as works by vincent van gogh. at worst you will get community contributor for fostering high art discussion.

if you’re really angry on the internet, you can make a giant slur-filled post and then post it and get banned

feeling rebellious? break the privacy policy on smogon. sometimes you can get caught by a mod but they legally can’t touch you so you should be fine in most cases

the best way to get paid on smogon is probably by being an attorney for tour banned users

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
Yo here's my really cool tip (very helpful) that is not copy and pasted from this other thread where my brain decompressed and was compacted into a small metal cube like that scene from Monsters Inc. (my other tip is to watch that movie):
  • If you're looking to speedrun Smogon then I recommend getting into Badged%. It's pretty simple; just perform slave labour for free! My current PB is 4 months, but if you're going with a NG+ account then you can set up this crazy time skip called Driver Skip. Basically, you contribute up until you meet the requirements for Sim Driver, then make a Smogon account. Then do whatever shit you need to do to get Sim Driver. Then, voila! Instant badge!
  • Other categories include ( but are not limited to): Any% ( aka Banned Deucer% (not recommended this is a very competitive category)), 100% (aka Basement%, because that's probably what runners of this category reside in (all badges, also not recommended unless you get a high from having power over others)), Smogoff% (become popular on Smogfeoff), and AbuseModship% (become a Moderator and infract someone for no reason)

great hack: dont post on people’s profiles that youd transition so theyd be attracted to you xx
Damn i thought that was common sense, kids these days sheesh. Anyway here is my tip: do everything knowing that you are being constanly watched by a mod. they know everything. LITERRALLY EVERYTHING. this applies to PS! too, don't get yourself banned over being oblivious to this fact. Because they know. And u better be careful.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
forum facts

forum fact 1:
this is a forum

forum fact 2:
the forum is the natural habitat for the post, the thread, and the blue ringed octopus

forum fact 3:
while forum may have rum in its name, other alcoholic drinks are available

the rest of the facts were [Edited: 10:50AM, Removed by Moderator]

join us next time where we'll discuss discord pings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)