Gen 2 Live GSC Smogcast - Sunday, May 4, 17:00 (GMT -4)

I'd like to see some discussion of MAYBE bringing celebi and ho-oh to OU. Maybe just a few minutes, but I'd like to see this answered.

I'm pumped for this; it's really awesome to see GSC getting this kind of high-level discussion live. Here are a few more topic questions for you guys:

What is the most underrated threat in the metagame at the moment? Most overrated?

How would you go about building a team without Snorlax? Are there teams that are actually better off not using lax?

What is the most dangerous Pokemon to face in OU after one free turn of setup?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As I expected in all honestly, some of my colleagues may or may not be mentally challenged and we may or may not be postponing this at the last moment.

Hopefully we may reschedule to a better time and actually bother to make sure everything is working beforehand, instead of winging at the last second. Sorry to have disappointed the three people who may or may not actually care anyway.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I don't know about everyone else but I'm not fucking doing it now. It's stupid to just try pushing it back a little bit when it's plainly obvious at this point we weren't ready to do it at all. This needs to be moved back at least a week or two to give people time to readjust their schedules, so to speak, and also actually fucking make sure we have everything good to go for said scheduled time instead of trying to wing something none of us are very experienced in doing.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, this just isn't happening right now. I apologize to anybody who was giving up tour because of this, that's on us for going with a bad time. Please forgive us.

Admittedly, we seemed to rush into this without a clear plan or timetable, and as a result we didn't end up following through. We're in the process of working something out right now, with more focus this time to avoid the issues we had in scheduling this the first time around. We'll update you all when we have a solid plan, but as of now it looks like this will be postponed for next week.

Despite the hiccups, we do not plan to abort this mission. At least, I don't. God as my witness, you will get to hear a bunch of nerds chat about GSC in the near future!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
While as not-host it won't primarily be my duty to steer the discussion, I will continue to monitor the thread for questions and talking points on which I have an opinion I want to voice as we hopefully reschedule and launch this event in the next weekend or two.

Deluks917

Ride on Shooting Star
just please post it somewhere when you are done.

Maybe one could discuss how to win the stall mirror (sets/play/etc) if one chooses to play a stall team.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Yeah I have no damn clue. Royal Flush was apparently incommunicado, then on Friday Conflict was all like yo what the fuck is going on here and some last-minute bullshit was half-heartedly attempted again. There's no real planning on the back end here, it's just someone's little lightbulb going off in their head.

I was willing to be a panelist as a service to the community, so to speak. I'm not terribly social and I'm not sure there's much of an audience anyway. It just disappoints me that people were told something was happening, then a lack of effort was given in the attempt to actually make it happen and nothing came of it.

le edit as below: Something may or may not still be in on the horizon, so don't fret quite yet.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Something may or may not still be in on the horizon, so don't fret quite yet.

Edit: Jorgen seems suddenly insistent on this upcoming Saturday, May 3 at 2pm (EDT, GMT -4) before Tour. We'll see what comes up of it or if Jorgen has anything to say on the matter.

Last edited:

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
You guys should try to get a game in there as well.

EDIT: I realise this would probably take up the entire cast, so nvm.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
As far as I know, it will be on the Smogon Twitch account and be streamed from there. Surely someone more in the know than I will provide a link.

I don't know if it's happening but I'm here in the expectation that it will this time and going to be quite angry if it again does not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)