SS OU LO Clefable Bulky Offense (Peak #1703)

036.png

The star of the team. LO Clefable is an absolute terror pressing all defensive cores. There are very few switch in against this beast. The opponent has to predict a lot to avoid at least one KO. There is a real predict battle: if your opponent win you lose just a little momentum but if you win he loses his mon.
Moonblast STAB,with LO boost 2KO Seismitoad
Flamethrower and thunderbolt to keep your pressure against Tox, Corvi, Ferro, Exca
Modest nature to max damage.
Moonlight is for maximize Clefable longevity during the match, allowing him to switch in more times
The Evs in speed are to outspeed max speed Conck and KO him with moonblast

219.png

Clefable has difficulty against faster pokemon that even if in theory she could beats on the switch, avoid the KO with a good prediction and can KO her in return like
Excadrill, Bisharp, Obstagoon, Ttar.
Corvinight covers Clef weaknesses resisting Steel and with a key Immunity to Poison and Ground.
Corvi take care of all these physical threats, kill them and recover damages with roost.
He is also an utility monster for the other members being the best defogger in the meta.
Bave Bird to Break Subs and to beat Kommo, Conckeldurr, random Grass Types and hit for neutral damages the majority of the meta.
Body press kills Exca, Ttar, Obstagoon, Bisharp
With investiment in speed Corvi outspeed and KO Conckeldurr with some previous chip damages

537.png

This stupid frog. I don't like this a lot but unfortunately he is necessary.
He covers Corvi weaknesses to fire and electric, he is the main answer to Rotom - W and Rotom - H (that Clef can't beat), Dracovish, Dracozolt and Cinderace with immunities to Water and Electric and a resistence to Fire.
He has not recovery moves and this is really bad because Cinderace, Zolt and Vish can slowly damage him with U - Turn and coverage moves. Leftover + protect help a bit and is also useful with toxic.
Toxic cripple Bulky waters like Vaporeon, Gastrodon, Quagsire, other Seismitoad, Sylveon and every sweeper without an immunity on the switch

143.png

Rest Snorlax covers all special sweepers that Toad and Corvi can't counter.
With max Investment in SDef, Leftovers, Rest a Ghost Immunity and also Think Fat, Snorlax Counter Fairies (except Psyshock users), Ghosts and all other Special Sweeper. He stomachs Moonblast, Hyper Voice, Shadow Ball, Fire Blast and spread paralysis with STAB Body Slam which 3 KO fairies or KO Ghosts with Darkest Lariat.
Note: Snorlax outspeed paralyzed Clefable and Sylveon
Think fat allows snorlax to tank better Hail and Sun team (especially Vanilluxe and Nasty Plot Ninetales) and Infiltator Chandelure
With Curse he can destroy defensive cores who lacks haze, fights bulk up sweepers 1 vs 1 or simply sweep in late game.
Snorlax forms also a solid Normal-Fairy Core who complitely stops SubDD Dragapult.

681_f2.png

SD Aegislash is pretty versatile here.
His main role is to kill fairies with Iron Head but he is also a great Revenge Killer with shadow sneaks of pokemon like Dragapult, Gengar, Excadrill and all offensive sweeper weeked that don't resist it.
He can become a fearsome late game sweeper after a few set ups.
Leftovers is to recover rock's damages and to guarantee longevity avoiding Aegislash to check consistently fairies during the match.
Close Combat is a solid coverage option to Revenge kill Cloyster and Crawdaunt and to punish a lot of switch in especially if you bluff a choised set in early game

612.png

The last mon is Haxorus. The team was a bit slow and I needed a scarfer.
Haxorus revenge kills Scarf Excadrill, Obstagoon, Tyranitar, Cinderace, Crawdaunt and Togekiss.
With dual chop he kills Sub Sweepers like Belly Drumm Kommo O and Sub DD Gyarados who sweeps the other members
He kills non Scarf Hydreigon and Dragapult
With Mold Breaker he his the Mimikyu and Rotom's Killer.

That's all, thanks for reading, hope for some suggestions.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Defog
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Think Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nafure
- Body Slam
- Darkest Lariat
- Curse
- Rest

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sword Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dual Chop
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake

Cinderace: not a really threat but is a bit annoynig because damages Toad with U - Turn every time. Protect helps a lot to recover damages. Can be killed with prediction or with Haxorus (scarf set is unexpected)

Rotom - Mow: like Cinderace not a real threat but a bit annoying because breaks the defensive core Corvi+Toad. Snorlax can check him and beat 1 vs 1 but if rotom is paired with other mons who put a lot of pressure on snorlax he become annoying

Sub Nasty Plot Togekiss: difficult to counter. The best play is send snorlax breaking the sub with body Slam and paralyze him if you are not flinched down. If snorlax faints Haxorus revenge kills Toge with Iron Tail

Leech Seed + Gyro ball Ferrothorn: Annoying because can ko Clef with predict and force a lot of switch out recoverying damages

Trick users: a bit annoying especially Obstagoon because can cripples Corvi on the switch. Haxorus can Revenge kills him or Corvi can OKHO with Body press if he stay in

Conckeldurr: not a real threat. He is annoying only if his team members put huge pression on Corvi or Clef

Stall: Unware and haze are near impossible to beat if paired with other useful defensive mons

Screen prova.PNG

Last edited:
Aegislash checks Dragapult not Hydreigon
I read your post wrong, but how does it check pult?
252 Atk Choice Band Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 264-312 (83.2 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also, whats the reason to run rock smash on aegi?

Yeah is a soft check. Can reveange always and KO with chip damages. I could try an adamant nature to OHKO always after rocks.
There is Snorlaw to Specs Pult and Snolax+Clefable for Physical set.
I don't know
I'm trying Body Slam for Heavy Slam on Snorlax to paralyze Kommo, Gyarados and Hydreigon on the switch and I can always 3KO fairies and outspeed theme after paralysis

Edit: It's Head Smash obviously and it's for KO Mandibuzz on the switch with chip damages

Last edited:
Yeah is a soft check. Can reveange always and KO with chip damages. I could try an adamant nature to OHKO always after rocks.
There is Snorlaw to Specs Pult and Snolax+Clefable for Physical set.
I don't know
I'm trying Body Slam for Heavy Slam on Snorlax to paralyze Kommo, Gyarados and Hydreigon on the switch and I can always 3KO fairies and outspeed theme after paralysis

Edit: It's Head Smash obviously and it's for KO Mandibuzz on the switch with chip damages
Snorlax isn't good, at all, maybe a ferro with chople berry?

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Snorlax has its place rn, though id recommend using darkest lariat. Lots of wisp ghost mons rn, using rest lax w/lariat is a good way to abuse snorlax's niche of bothering or outright beating ghost spam.

I can switch Earthquake for Lariat but I lose the OKHO on toxtricity.
I want to keep Body Slam Stab to paralyze Kommo and Hydreigon. What do you think?
I have trouble with Substitute Sweeper and boosted sweepers like Bulk up Corvinight. What can I do? Calm mind on Clef maybe vs Corv and Stall cores with Sylveon?
I don't know if Clef is good without recovery
Except for these thinks the team seems pretty solid

It looks your team is very weak to Mimikyu, don't? it can 2HKO Aegislash using Shadow Claw and then using Shadow Sneak, OHKO Hydreigon, Snorlax and Clefable with Play Rough (it needs a Swords Dance boost to OHKO Snorlax and Clefable, though).

Changes i would make in the team

:excadrill: > :hydreigon:: i know that they peform different roles (Hydreigon is special and Exca physical) but Exca is also a very good scarfer that can beat every rotom form, Sylveon, and Cinderace.

Exca set:
Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

:rotom-wash: > :corviknight: Rotom-Wash covers all Clefable's weakness except poison (that is already covered by exca, aegi and toad), can cripple physical attackers with will-o-wisp or thunder wave and checks Gyarados without Power Whip.

Rotom set:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp/ Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball/ Thunder Wave

Last edited:
It looks your team is very weak to Mimikyu, don't? it can 2HKO Aegislash using Shadow Claw and then using Shadow Sneak, OHKO Hydreigon, Snorlax and Clefable with Play Rough (it needs a Swords Dance boost to OHKO Snorlax and Clefable, though).

Changes i would make in the team

:excadrill: > :hydreigon:: i know that they peform different roles (Hydreigon is special and Exca physical) but Exca is also a very good scarfer that can beat every rotom form, Sylveon, and Cinderace.

Exca set:
Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

:rotom-wash: > :corviknight: Rotom-Wash covers all Clefable's weakness except poison (that is already covered by exca, aegi and toad), can cripple physical attackers with will-o-wisp or thunder wave and checks Gyarados without Power Whip.

Rotom set:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp/ Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball/ Thunder Wave
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, i'll try it even if is a big change. Without Body Press Corv +2 Bisharp,Obstagoon and Conckeldurr become fearsome because i can only revenge kill them and only if they stay in while they can KO and OKHO everything. Mold breaker excadrill become also a threat.
I'm going to try also this one instead of Hydreigon:

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Dual Chop
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Jolly Scarf Haxorus outspeed and revenge kills:
1) non Scarf Dragapul and Hydreigon (and other Dragons)
2) Excadrill, Rotoms, Obstagoon, Tyranitar, Cinderace
3) Mimikyu and Togekiss
4) Sub Salac Kommo O, Sub DD Gyarados

Next to improve the match up against Stalls and beats sylveon 1 vs 1 i swapped out Moonlith on Clef for Calm Mind and i switched Earthquake for Darkest Lariat.
Bulk up corviknight is impossible to beat yet

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, i'll try it even if is a big change. Without Body Press Corv +2 Bisharp,Obstagoon and Conckeldurr become fearsome because i can only revenge kill them and only if they stay in while they can KO and OKHO everything. Mold breaker excadrill become also a threat.
I'm going to try also this one instead of Hydreigon:

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Dual Chop
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Jolly Scarf Haxorus outspeed and revenge kills:
1) non Scarf Dragapul and Hydreigon (and other Dragons)
2) Excadrill, Rotoms, Obstagoon, Tyranitar, Cinderace
3) Mimikyu and Togekiss
4) Sub Salac Kommo O, Sub DD Gyarados

Next to improve the match up against Stalls i swap Moonlith on Clef for Calm Mind and i switched Earthquake for Darkest Lariat.
Bulk up corviknight is impossible to beat yet
Oh yes, Haxorus peforms better the role than Exca, i forgot that him got Mold Breaker XD

about Bulk Up Corvi, i really don'y know yet, but i think a minor change in aegi could help:

Swords Dance Aegislash > Choice Band Aegislash: I know it looks strange and dumb, but could actually help; almost always Bulk Up Corvi only carries two attacks: Body Press and Brave Bird, both resisted by Aegi. Swords Dance Let it 2HKO Corvi with Close Combat, And King's Shield lets it decrease its attack.

Another minor change is in your Snorlax: don't you think Thick Fat is better than Immunity? You already have rest to cure it, and thick fat let's it be a soft check to fire and ice attackers.

Aegi set
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Close Combat
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak

Oh yes, Haxorus peforms better the role than Exca, i forgot that him got Mold Breaker XD

about Bulk Up Corvi, i really don'y know yet, but i think a minor change in aegi could help:

Swords Dance Aegislash > Choice Band Aegislash: I know it looks strange and dumb, but could actually help; almost always Bulk Up Corvi only carries two attacks: Body Press and Brave Bird, both resisted by Aegi. Swords Dance Let it 2HKO Corvi with Close Combat, And King's Shield lets it decrease its attack.

Another minor change is in your Snorlax: don't you think Thick Fat is better than Immunity? You already have rest to cure it, and thick fat let's it be a soft check to fire and ice attackers.

Aegi set
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Close Combat
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
This set lacks SD :psysly:
The problem is that i need Iron Head because the main goal of Aegi is to kill fairies
Maybe a set with SD,Iron Head,Close Combat with Iron Plate/Leftovers may works

Yes I can try think fat to stomach better fire and ice moves exspecially against Hail teams and Sun (Vanilluxe,Nasty Plot Ninetales)
I have also Corvi and Aegislash that are immune to poison so it's a change can may work

O
This set lacks SD :psysly:
The problem is that i need Iron Head because the main goal of Aegi is to kill fairies
Maybe a set with SD,Iron Head,Close Combat with Iron Plate/Leftovers may works

Yes I can try think fat to stomach better fire and ice moves exspecially against Hail teams and Sun (Vanilluxe,Nasty Plot Ninetales)
I have also Corvi and Aegislash that are immune to poison so it's a change can may work
Oh yeah i forgot SD in the set lol. The set with Iron Plate/Leftovers (I prefer Leftovers) is probably the best.
Well, that is all changes i could think, good luck to you!

Updated.

I think that Sacred Sword is necessary to beat Bulk Up Corvinight but I have not enough space.
Shadow sneak is a needed priority, Iron Head is necessary to kill fairies and close combat is to Revenge kill Cloyster.
This is a problem

Galarian corsola is also annoying, very difficult to beat without Hydreigon

I think that Sacred Sword is necessary to beat Bulk Up Corvinight but I have not enough space.
Your own Corv walls it to hell and back. Not a major issue.
+6 0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Corviknight: 169-200 (42.2 - 50%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
So the best it can do is match your Roost recovery (then Leftovers puts it negative), and get PP stalled while taking recoil. Assuming it gets to +6.
+6 32 Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Corviknight: 183-216 (45.7 - 54%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
The two attacks variant (which is rare) just about out damages Roost and doesn't take recoil, but gets PP stalled anyway as long you are slower.
Alternatively:
+6 32 Def Corviknight Body Press vs. +6 252 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 176-208 (33.5 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+6 0 Atk Snorlax Darkest Lariat vs. 0 HP / 32 Def Corviknight: 245-289 (72.7 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Set up in parallel.
Galarian corsola is also annoying, very difficult to beat without Hydreigon
You are building around LO Clef. Corsola-G should not be an issue in the slightest. In fact, it's a free switch-in for Clef on everything it does bar Night Shade, which only 4HKOs. Corsola-G is in fact setup fodder if it lacks Haze. Switch Thunderbolt for Moonlight (or possibly Wish) and Corsola-G can literally do nothing to you. Moonlight also allows Clef to take hits setting up and not care.
252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 121-142 (37.3 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 177-211 (54.6 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Your own Corv walls it to hell and back. Not a major issue.
+6 0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Corviknight: 169-200 (42.2 - 50%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
So the best it can do is match your Roost recovery (then Leftovers puts it negative), and get PP stalled while taking recoil. Assuming it gets to +6.
+6 32 Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Corviknight: 183-216 (45.7 - 54%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
The two attacks variant (which is rare) just about out damages Roost and doesn't take recoil, but gets PP stalled anyway as long you are slower.
Alternatively:
+6 32 Def Corviknight Body Press vs. +6 252 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 176-208 (33.5 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+6 0 Atk Snorlax Darkest Lariat vs. 0 HP / 32 Def Corviknight: 245-289 (72.7 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Set up in parallel.

You are building around LO Clef. Corsola-G should not be an issue in the slightest. In fact, it's a free switch-in for Clef on everything it does bar Night Shade, which only 4HKOs. Corsola-G is in fact setup fodder if it lacks Haze. Switch Thunderbolt for Moonlight (or possibly Wish) and Corsola-G can literally do nothing to you. Moonlight also allows Clef to take hits setting up and not care.
252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 121-142 (37.3 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 177-211 (54.6 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Wonderful analiysis.
Do you suggest to keep the Band set on Aegislash?

For clefable: a wish support could be very cool but without thunderbolt beat Toxapex with Haze is near impossible

For Corsola: yes of course Haze corsola is the real problem. Clef can't beat 1 vs 1

Wonderful analiysis.

For clefable: a wish support could be very cool but without thunderbolt beat Toxapex with Haze is near impossible

For Corsola: yes of course Haze corsola is the real problem. Clef can't beat 1 vs 1
All you need for corsola is taunt on corviknight.

Swords Dance Aegi 6-0s half of OU and I'm not even joking. It is scary good.
Then either dump Calm Mind or get something else on your team to do it. Hax's EQ does plenty of damage if you don't get burned. I also suggest Moonlight over Wish unless you're willing to accept the risk of Wish without Protect.
For Corsola: yes of course Haze corsola is the real problem. Clef can't beat 1 vs
Uhhh. No. You 3HKO, it 4HKOs. And that's not counting you healing (its healing against you rapidly diminishes). Corsola is a garbage mon lol. It does literally nothing to any special attacker, anything that makes 101 HP Subs, anything with Taunt, it dies the moment it gets poisoned and is highly weak to Knock Off. It can't even run Haze without having to not run Rocks or something lol. It is the definition of a mon that your team destroys simply by you having Clef on your team.

Swords Dance Aegi 6-0s half of OU and I'm not even joking. It is scary good.

Then either dump Calm Mind or get something else on your team to do it. Hax's EQ does plenty of damage if you don't get burned. I also suggest Moonlight over Wish unless you're willing to accept the risk of Wish without Protect.

Uhhh. No. You 3HKO, it 4HKOs. And that's not counting you healing (its healing against you rapidly diminishes). Corsola is a garbage mon lol. It does literally nothing to any special attacker, anything that makes 101 HP Subs, anything with Taunt, it dies the moment it gets poisoned and is highly weak to Knock Off. It can't even run Haze without having to not run Rocks or something lol. It is the definition of a mon that your team destroys simply by you having Clef on your team.
Wish can make sense because Clefe forces a lot of switch and can heal team members wholacks recovery moves: seismitoad,Aegi or even Haxorus but is a bit riscky maybe
I think scarf Earthquake is not a solid answer to Toxapex. Calm mind is important vs stalls to beat Sylveon+Toxapex+Ferrothorn core

Wish can make sense because Clefe forces a lot of switch and can heal team members wholacks recovery moves: seismitoad,Aegi or even Haxorus but is a bit riscky maybe
I think scarf Earthquake is not a solid answer to Toxapex. Calm mind is important vs stalls to beat Sylveon+Toxapex+Ferrothorn core
Scarf Earthquake is a solid answer to toxapex lmao
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 140-166 (46 - 54.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 333-393 (109.5 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Scarf Earthquake is a solid answer to toxapex lmao
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 140-166 (46 - 54.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 333-393 (109.5 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Toxapex witch out and recover damages while I'm locked into Earthquake. Not really solid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)