Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

After being used by craing in the Smogon Snake Draft II Semifinals, Life Orb Clefable has been gaining a bit of traction. Unlike its bulky set, Life Orb Clefable is a wallbreaker that aims to lure in and deal massive damage to Steel-types like Celesteela, Magearna, and Mega Mawile as well as Toxapex, which would typically serve as a check. Magic Guard also helps by preventing recoil from Life Orb and residual damage, which is a common problem among many other wallbreakers. Because of its ability to weaken Steel-types and Toxapex, Pokemon like Shift Gear Magearna, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Alakazam pair well with it, and the latter two check Heatran as well. Pivots like Tornadus-T and Rotom-W can bring Clefable in to wallbreak safely. Like most wallbreakers, Clefable likes entry hazards chipping down switch-ins like Heatran. Spikes is exceptionally great at chipping down checks, so Ferrothorn pairs nice and forms a decent Ash-Greninja check with Clefable, as they resist its STAB moves together.

Last edited:
comments in purple things to remove in red
Clefable @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

Maybe you could start this off with something like "After craing used this set in [tour] (I forgot which tour, sorry), it has been gaining a bit of traction." Much unlike its bulky set, Life Orb Clefable is a wallbreaker which aims to lure in and deal massive damage to Steel-types that would typically serve as a check, such as Celesteela, Assault Vest Magearna, and Mega Mawile. Heart Swap + Pain Split Magearna's been gaining a lot of traction, so it makes more sense to not specify what type of Magearna. The given Speed also allows it to always outspeed Mega Mawile. Thunderbolt can nail Toxapex and pick off weakened Steel-types more accurately. The way this is phrased, it reads like analysis information and as a result it doesn't really highlight what makes this Clefable set appealing. Of course, Clefable can use Focus Blast for Heatran or Psychic for Mega Venusaur if the team requires so. It can't really. One should note that Clefable should not be taking Knock Off even with its resistances, as having its Life Orb removed greatly compromises its wallbreaking capabilities. Again, this reads like information I'd find in an analysis. Because of its ability to weaken Steel-types and Toxapex, Pokemon like Shift Gear Magearna, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Alakazam pair well with it, and the latter two check Heatran as well. Pivots like Tornadus-T and Rotom-W can bring Clefable in to wallbreak safely. Like most wallbreakers, Clefable likes entry hazards chipping down switch-ins like Heatran.
I'd like to look over this once more after it's implemented.

Jordy did above, and I really cannot find the replay of Ben using Life Orb Clef
That's because it wasn't properly saved due to a bug with replays at the time, so don't worry. I asked around and it was Smogon Snake Draft 2 Semifinals in which Life Orb Clefable was used.

comments in purple things to remove in red
Clefable @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

After being used by craing in his tour game Make sure to change this., Life Orb Clefable has been gaining a bit of traction. Much unlike its bulky set, Life Orb Clefable is a wallbreaker which aims to lure in and deal massive damage to Steel-types like Celesteela, Magearna, and Mega Mawile, and Toxapex, which would typically serve as a check. What draws people to use this set is due to Magic Guard, which prevents recoil from Life Orb and stops Clefable to get worn down quickly by residual damage, which is a common problem amongst many other wallbreakers. "What draws people to use this set is due to Magic Guard" is misleading. You explained why people use this set the sentence before that, so I see no reason to represent it like that. You could briefly mention it, just don't make it seem like the main selling point. Because of its ability to weaken Steel-types and Toxapex, Pokemon like Shift Gear Magearna, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Alakazam pair well with it, and the latter two check Heatran as well. Pivots like Tornadus-T and Rotom-W can bring Clefable in to wallbreak safely. Like most wallbreakers, Clefable likes entry hazards chipping down switch-ins like Heatran. If you have the space for it, I'd like to see a specific mention of Spikes. Maybe you could also use that as an opportunity to allude to Clefable's resistance to Dark which is valuable in tandem with Ferrothorn.
After all this is implemented, it should be fine.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
Clefable @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

After being used by craing in semifinals of the Smogon Snake Draft II Semifinals, Life Orb Clefable has been gaining a bit of traction. Much unlike Unlike (word count) its bulky set, Life Orb Clefable is a wallbreaker which that aims to lure in and deal massive damage to Steel-types like Celesteela, Magearna, and Mega Mawile, (RC) and as well as Toxapex, which would typically serve as a check. Magic Guard also helps by preventing recoil from Life Orb and residual damage, which is a common problem amongst many other wallbreakers. Because of its ability to weaken Steel-types and Toxapex, Pokemon like Shift Gear Magearna, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Alakazam pair well with it, and the latter two check Heatran as well. Pivots like Tornadus-T and Rotom-W can bring Clefable in to wallbreak safely. Like most wallbreakers, Clefable likes entry hazards chipping down switch-ins like Heatran. Spikes is exceptionally great at chipping down checks, so Ferrothorn pairs nice, (RC) and forms a decent Ash-Greninja check Clefable (? i think you're missing a word or something, don't know what you're trying to say), (AC) as they resist its STAB moves together.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)