Let's Play! Lockes Pokémon adventure (Nuzlocke)

Really nice to see you getting out of a messy situation.
It´s a pleasure to read your posts, only the pictures start to take a ton of time to load so maybe hide some of them next time?

Keep it up and have fun!
I really appreciate the positive feat back ^^ also, luckily the next part will be on another page, ill start using hide tags from now on ^^

Shadow Sneak dies by the hands of a team flare grunts golbat, because of 3 consecutive confusion hits and an unexpected acrobatics. Locke realizes there is no way she will ever survive her adventure.

Really, after that death there is no way in hell I'm going to complete this challenge, the ruleset does not allow overgrinding, neither does it allow me to capture any new Pokemon before I have beaten the 5th gym. I really thought I could make it, but seems as if though bad hax simply strikes me too often for me to actually do a nuzlocke and beat it. I am really sorry, but I just do not see any possible solution to this. I really wanted to reset and say "that did not just happen" but that just defeats the point of a nuzlocke. I will do my best to do something in my situation, but I doubt I can make it, sorry.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Quick, somebody send this guy a Shiny Whatever. Call it something appropriate (Jesus? Morpheus? DeusExMac?). The saviour of the team, exempt from all challenge rules, and a friend for Locke to lean on when things get tough. However, Jesus(?) has a rule of his own: He's not allowed to battle unless the situation calls for it (although grinding him/her/it should be a valid excuse, as long as it's not against important trainers). It's still possible to save this LP.

Quick, somebody send this guy a Shiny Whatever. Call it something appropriate (Jesus? Morpheus? DeusExMac?). The saviour of the team, exempt from all challenge rules, and a friend for Locke to lean on when things get tough. However, Jesus(?) has a rule of his own: He's not allowed to battle unless the situation calls for it (although grinding him/her/it should be a valid excuse, as long as it's not against important trainers). It's still possible to save this LP.
:]] I think I might be able to do it, though I do need to get (very) lucky from now on. If I get Lucario to level 40, it can learn aura sphere inside the gym, which might be enough to save me!

Edit: I will make, I'll try my absolutely best to get a full team, and I will grind it! However it is boring and time consuming, so it might take longer than I myself would like it to, but thanks to the featback, I won't give up ^^

Btw, how do you guys feel about using thumber again? I did not actually release him, as he did not die ^^

Last edited:
I only have a few shinies, but you can have my Shiny Grimer (or, if I remember where I put it, my Shiny Gyarados).

:]] I think I might be able to do it, though I do need to get (very) lucky from now on. If I get Lucario to level 40, it can learn aura sphere inside the gym, which might be enough to save me!

Edit: I will make, I'll try my absolutely best to get a full team, and I will grind it! However it is boring and time consuming, so it might take longer than I myself would like it to, but thanks to the featback, I won't give up ^^

Btw, how do you guys feel about using thumber again? I did not actually release him, as he did not die ^^
Definitely bring Thumper back.

Finally I had time to write the update! Welcome back to what is probably the least enjoyable play through of a Pokémon game I have ever done (though I'm glad you'd let me bring Thumber back c: good thing I didn't release him!) As I promised Hard, I will be using hide tags from now on. Well, enjoy!

Locke is confident that with her amazing team of three she will be able to to withstand whatever is thrown at her. Her team did amazingly well in the fight against Ramos, and she already have her battle against Clemont thought out in her head; Shadow Sneak is going to be her trump card in that battle.
upload_2015-2-15_1-47-22.png

Locke heads back to route 13, where she had captured Shadow Sneak earlier, and heads to Lumiose City, only to find the power is still out. Locke goes back to route 13 and heads to the power plant, where she have jet another encounter with Team Flare. Locke encounter a Team Flare grunt who wants to battle her. Locke beats him without any trouble. The Team Flare Grunt tell Locke, that he have dropped his keys, but the hint is not very clear, and Locke have to search on her own.
upload_2015-2-15_1-47-57.png

Locke uses the key to get inside the Power Plant, which is well protected by a LOT of team flare grunts. They must have known some idiot would drop his keys are something beforehand. The first Grunt seems easy enough. He send out a golbat which takes a good chunk from Dragon Claw before it gets a Confuse ray of. Locke decide to keep Shadow Sneak in for a few more turns. Little did she know, that she would get to feel the power of the HAX GOD

''Shadow Sneak is confused, it hurt itself in its confusion''
''Golbat used swift.''
''Golbat used swift.''
Locke chose to keep shadow sneak in for one more turn, knowing he can still take a swift and a confusion hit.
''Golbat used acrobatics.'' Shadow Sneak died.
Golbat reveals the acrobatics at the worst possible moment, which results in the death of Shadow Sneak. In her rage, Locke goes into Crobat, which murders Golbat with its own acrobatics.
upload_2015-2-15_1-50-29.png

Locke is left only with anger, she can't let this keep happening over and over again! Locke doesn't even spill a single tear over her dead comrade, she have already cried all her tears. Locke continues into the power plant, where Angel and Acid murders every single Team Flare Grunt.

upload_2015-2-15_1-51-6.png

Locke stands in front of the two team flare admins with her heart filled with nothing but anger, there no doubt that she will beat them both. At ones if necessary. The first admin uses his houndoom, who easily falls to the acrobatics. The next admin uses a Mightiany, this time Angel takes care of it with a Power Up Punch.

upload_2015-2-15_1-54-12.png

After Team Flares speech about the ultimate weapon, Locke is able to turn the electricity in Lumiose back on.

upload_2015-2-15_1-53-57.png

Locke sees a huge man standing near the entrance of Lumiose City, curios about who he is, she really want to speak to him, but unfortunately he is gone with the wind before she even has a chance. Locke is sure she will run into him again.

upload_2015-2-15_1-54-56.png

Locke arrives in Lumiose City, where she Gym Leader Clemont and his just as evil little sister are fixing up the Lumiose Tower. (Fucking gym leaders)

*Some grinding later*

Inside the gym, Locke finds herself unable to answer any of the questions correctly in the first- or second try, which means she has to fight every trainer. However, luck in unlock, Lucario grows two levels at the time Locke is in the gym, which means it learns Aura Sphere before Locke has to challenge clemont :))

The final battle! (at least for now)
upload_2015-2-15_1-55-33.png

Clemont leads with Emolga, Locke leads with Angel.
Angel is able to land the neat KO with rock tomb.
Clemont send out Heliolisk, which cant take an Aura Sphere.
Magneton stand no chance to the bone rush either c: Generally a pretty easy fight!
upload_2015-2-15_1-55-45.png

Inspires you to what? Kill more innocent Pokemon? Make life even more of a hell? Seriously, why do you do this!?

EDIT: Btw. Locke caught a lv. 5 dunsparce at route 5 before the gym...

Thanks for reading c:

Last edited:
Update time ^^ After bringing back Thumber, I found the challenge to get a little funner (More fun, but funner sounds more fun n_n) If you don't know, it never died, it just got overlevelled, which it no longer is! Having Pokemon to switch between makes everything easier and more enjoyable.

Part 6 - Big steel snake Vs. evil fairies.

Locke comes out of Lumiose Tower with all her Pokemon healthy and without any harm. Outside of the tower, Locke notices her old friend Thumber waiting for her, apparently Thumber changed her mind about leaving the team, after experiencing friend upon friend die in the reflection cave. Locke is happy that she is reunited with her old bud, which gives her a huge coverage boost and makes her continue her journey with a little smile on her lips.

THUMBER IS BACK!
upload_2015-2-15_18-35-21.png
After Locke and Thumber have had their reunite, Locke receives a Holo Clip from professor sycamore where he asks her to meet him at the Cafe Lysandra.

upload_2015-2-15_18-35-47.png

Obvious Team Flare Hideout is obvious.
After they have finished chatting about mega evolution Locke is ready to meet her friends at route 14, where Callum challenges her to jet another battle, however this time he seems to go a bit easy on her, could it be that he have finally accepted her choice?
upload_2015-2-15_18-36-21.png

FUN?!

upload_2015-2-15_18-36-50.png

Locke follows her friends to the swamp, where she encounter a GOOMY! Thumber weakens it with a cut, and Locke captures it in an ultra ball. (First time I actually use goomy!)

upload_2015-2-15_18-37-27.png

Chill...

upload_2015-2-15_18-37-53.png

Locke sweeps the floor under a few trainers and the group meets at the ''scary house'' where a old man shouts ''A HORDE OF FACELESS MEN'' and then charges 1000$

upload_2015-2-15_18-38-6.png

Finally Locke arrives at Laverre city! The first thing she does is of cause go fishing! She capture a Basculin and name her POWER, because it looks like it will evolve into something very powerful. (nope :I)

upload_2015-2-15_18-39-10.png

This looks a bit wrong... Like spider web.
Heading into the gym, which looks like a gigantic doll house, Locke drops a tear in happiness for having Thumber back on the team. Thumber sweeps all the dolls gym trainers with Thumber, who gets enough recovery with the leftovers to remain healthy all the time. Without going back and heal, Locke feel ready to challenge the Gym Leader of Laverre City.

upload_2015-2-15_18-39-35.png

Thumber takes out Mawile with a dig, and is able to finish of Mr. Mime with a single slam of her Iron Tail. Sylveon desperately tries to lower Thumbers attack, so after a few turns Locke withdraws her and switch to Acid, who can take it down with a poison fang. 6/8
upload_2015-2-15_18-40-1.png

Locke heads over to the Pokeball factory, where team flare is causing trouble again. Locke beats all the grunts, and arrives in a room where 3 team flare admins are trying to convince the Pokeball king to join them. Locke beats the first admin with Angel, and Callum offers to join her in taking on the two other.

upload_2015-2-15_18-40-22.png

No, do you remember what happened the last time we battled together? My starter DIED!

No is apparently not an option, and Locke is forced to join Callum in a double battle. Luckily Angel is able to take out both opposing Pokemon in two turns.

upload_2015-2-15_18-40-41.png

The pokeball president gives both Locke and Callum a Master Ball and a big nugget as thanks, YAY!

upload_2015-2-15_18-40-56.png

Locke heads to route 15, where she catches a Lombre who she names hard because it looks like a duck c: Locke uses a water stone to let her evolve. Thanks to the two newly earned gym badges, she can have 4 more Pokemon evolve.
upload_2015-2-15_18-41-8.png

Part 7

I'm sorry for the short updates, I felt like playing this challenge a lot yeasterday, so I didn't get to take many pictures. I might compentate for it in the next update, but I don't know if it's worth it. I had no idea when I started, that written updates would take this long.

Locke heads back towards route 15 where she caught Hard earlier. She wipes the floor under all the trainers before she make it to dendermile town. She is already ready to get on with her journey an heads straight to route 17, but she discovers that the mamoswine is missing. She gets a hint that it went to the frost cavern because it had a bad felling for its friend, abormasnow.

upload_2015-2-22_11-27-20.png

Locke heads to frost cavern, where it is cold as fuck :( should have worn more clothes.

upload_2015-2-22_11-27-42.png

Locke goes longer into the cave, where she simply destroy every trainer on her way. There is one close call, where acid takes a crit psychok! Luckily she was still alive after the hit!

upload_2015-2-22_11-27-56.png

Team flare, why would it be anyone else? As always, they don't stand a chance against Locke.

upload_2015-2-22_11-28-15.png

YES IT DOES!

upload_2015-2-22_11-28-28.png

Finally we have our encounter (flash is really helpful!) it's a haunter, Locke finally gets some good luck going her way! Locke catches it and name it Lavender, after the flower.

upload_2015-2-22_11-28-42.png

After Locke have helped out abormasnow, mamoswine returned to its duties at route 17.

upload_2015-2-22_11-28-50.png

Momoswine takes Locke safely through route 17, and they only stop for Locke to catch a Sneasel.

upload_2015-2-22_11-30-54.png

Before she takes on the Anistar city gym, Locke decides to go grind Lavender a bit. Lavender also evolves (YAY) She catches a Vepingbell at route 16.
upload_2015-2-22_11-29-21.png

upload_2015-2-22_11-29-45.png

Oh, please no :(
Before she can take on the gym, Locke is forced to battle her friend Callum JET AGAIN! She sweeps him with ease.

Locke heads into the gym, where lavender wipes the floor under most of the gym trainers. She is really happy with her squad, and have a feeling that the rest of the journey will be an ease. Lanvender hits really hard with her super effective shadow balls, and takes out the gym trainers one after another. Locke is very close to the leader and only need to beat one more trainer. Locke leads with Lavender and the trainer leads with Reuniclus. Locke uses shadowball expecting it to be a OHKO, Lavender is 3 levels higher than her opponent. Locke is sure that Reuniclus can't kill Lavender in one hit anyway. Lavender used shadowball, Reuniclus lives with a sliver of hp, Reuniclus used psychic, Lavender died.
upload_2015-2-22_11-32-16.png

Locke who finally thought the pain was over is now looking at jet another dead team mate. The opposing trainer is laughing at her ''who takes the life of a pokemon so serious'' Locke is in tears, she orders acid to kill reuniclus and it's trainer. Acid is about to hit the trainer when a mystic psychic force pulls it back, it's Gym Leader Olympia.
upload_2015-2-22_11-32-37.png

LET ME DECIDE YOUR FUTURE FUCKHEAD!

Hard (Ludicolo) @ King's Rock
Ability: Rain Dish
Level: 49
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Zen Headbutt
- Flash

Thumber (Steelix) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
Level: 50
Impish Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Iron Tail
- Dig
- Double-Edge

Angel (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
Hasty Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Power-Up Punch
- Bone Rush
- Rock Tomb

Acid (Crobat)
Ability: Inner Focus
Lonely Nature
- Acrobatics
- Fly
- Poison Fang
- Protect

Locke leads with Thumber while Olympia leads with Sigilyph. Thumber takes it out with two double edges. Olympia sends out Slowking and Locke switch out for Hard. Two grass knots is enough. Olympia sends out Meowstic, which dies to two hits with surf.

7/8

Attachments

Last edited:
Pfff, I don't even know if anyone is reading along any more, but Deinosaur told me not to give up halfway through so I wont! If you enjoy this, a like or some feat back is greatly appreciated. If you don't like it, recommendations on how I can improve this is always really nice. It would be nice to know that someone is at least reading along.

Part 8 (1/2)
Olympia teleports Locke back to the little house that the gym originally was. As Locke heads out of the gym, she get a call from Lysandre, who is apparently trying to recreate the world into a more beautiful place. To begin with Locke is happy about this, finally someone who have the courage to go against the gym leaders, just like Locke. This dream however is shattered when Lysandre reveals only Team Flare members will survive. Locke is without a doubt heading to Lysandre Café, where she can hopefully get some information on the whereabouts of Lysandre.
upload_2015-2-28_22-52-22.png

Inside the Café Locke is welcomed by two servants who challenge her to battle. Great service. After they both lost to Locke the speak loudly to each other about whether or not Locke will be able to find the hidden door behind the shelves. Thank you, I would have actually never thought about that!

Inside the HUGE hidden place Locke is challenged by Lysandre, who honestly stand no chance to her. Hard is the MVP here, taking out his powerful Gyarados. Locke is wandering confused around because of all the puzzles.

upload_2015-2-28_22-52-52.png

After she have defeated a good couple of team flare members, she runs into Professer Sycamores two little helpers, who hand her over some revives, like they would actually revive dead Pokemon. Locke toss them away.

After a little while Locke run into two Team Flare Scientists who also challenge her to battle. Angel takes care of them easily. A little further into the building, Locke encounters the final scientist, who also wants to battle. Seriously, can noone just sit down and talk shit through? Angel also takes care of her. Locke gets handed the elevator key.

upload_2015-2-28_22-53-31.png

Down at B2 Locke encounters Lysandre and AZ, who is trapped in some fucking cool plasma field. He could probably break free without trouble, considering he have lived 3000 years he is probably immortal. Lysandre have stolen AZ's key to the ultimate weapon, which he plan to use to recreate the world.

AZ's story was really sad; a man who loved a Pokemon and fought alongside it. Kind of reminds Locke of her long lost friend Nuz (WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE ;_;)

upload_2015-2-28_22-53-46.png

Locke heads to B3 where she runs into a Team Flare member named Xerosic, who also wants to battle her. Locke leads with Thumber and Xerosic leads with Crobat. Thumber takes it down with two double edges. Xerosic then sends out Malamar, which knows a super effective move in Super Power, which also raises both its attack and defence stats. Locke have no idea how to handle this situation, Hard and Angel cant take a hit, while Acid cant KO back in return while dying to any psychic type attack. Locke decides to send out poor Silver (Sneasel) to give Angel a free switch in. Locke try to convince herself that she predicted a psychic type attack aimed at Acid. Angel is able to take out malamar with an aura sphere.

upload_2015-2-28_22-54-6.png

Xerosic give Locke the opportunity to press either a blue or red bottom. She chose red, which unfortunately activates the weapon.
upload_2015-2-28_22-54-16.png

upload_2015-2-28_22-54-52.png

Locke heads to team flares HQ at Geosenge Town where she will have to stop the ultimate weapon. Inside the HQ she faces Lysandre again before heading further into the base. Callum and Shauna come and join her in some tough double battles against team flare admins.

upload_2015-2-28_22-55-3.png

At the end of the of the walkway Locke finds herself in a room with a giant machine and 7 team flare admins. Callum and Shauna runs out, and two team flare admins run after them, leaving Locke to face down 5 admins. Angel and Thumber easily takes care of those.

upload_2015-2-28_22-55-18.png

After she have defeated the admins, Locke challenges the legendary pokemon of destruction, Yveltal. After a few attempts with various balls, Locke decides to go with her masterball.
upload_2015-2-28_22-55-28.png

upload_2015-2-28_22-55-40.png

After the battle, Locke is challenged by Lysandre for one final time, this time he seems like he completely lost his mind.
upload_2015-2-28_22-55-54.png

Yveltal seems to take care of Lysandre just fine on its own. Lysandre can't admit his defeat, and decides to use the ultimative weapon, even though it wasn't probably charged, resulting in it only leaving a giant hole in the ground. Locke and her friends are able to escape safely.
upload_2015-2-28_22-56-11.png

upload_2015-2-28_22-57-31.png

Pfff, I don't even know if anyone is reading along any more, but Deinosaur told me not to give up halfway through so I wont! If you enjoy this, a like or some feat back is greatly appreciated. If you don't like it, recommendations on how I can improve this is always really nice. It would be nice to know that someone is at least reading along.
They want to see a game of blood and death.

Seriously you are doing very well, after the struggle around PowerPlant.
I´m surprised that there was no casuality during the Team Flare arc!
How does the team look like now?

If you still have the same members, a second water type could be nice... ducks don´t like to play with fire ;)

They want to see a game of blood and death.

Seriously you are doing very well, after the struggle around PowerPlant.
I´m surprised that there was no casuality during the Team Flare arc!
How does the team look like now?

If you still have the same members, a second water type could be nice... ducks don´t like to play with fire ;)
At that point, the same team as I used for Olympia + Yveltal. All ~57 and Yveltal at 51. The only fire type trainer I have to face is pretty much in the elite four, where I'm sure Hard will do fine ^^ (rain dance + rain dish). Your probably right about the people wanting a game of death, but that's not the point of a Nuzlocke challenge ! Thanks for the featback! ^^

The point of a Nuzlocke Challenge:
The point in a Nuzlocke challenge is not a game of blood, it is a game of bonds between friends and accomplishment. The challenge is meant to force players to use Pokemon they would not have used under normal circumstances, making them more open hearted to new potential friends. The ''Pokemon die'' is put there to make you appreciate what you have, knowing you could loose it at any time.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm still here! I'm following along (albeit quietly), so don't get discouraged. As someone who plays Nuzlockes a lot, I know that hard times make for a better read. Your audience looks for a game of blood. :P

I'm actually really proud of how well you're doing! Don't cater to the audience by killing off your best friends. Keep pushing!

Would have been gorgeous to have swiftly swimming duck for Malva but better love what you get and hope it doesn´t explode ;)

Would have been gorgeous to have swiftly swimming duck for Malva but better love what you get and hope it doesn´t explode ;)
Rain Dish have served me pretty well, especially for grinding! And i'm sure thumber can handle talonflame under the heavy rain ;)

Update time ^^

Part 8 (2/2)
After she have saved the world from team flare, Locke is back on her main quest to stop the elite four from their domination. Locke flies back to Anistar City and walks past route 18 to Couraway Town. Locke catch a Graveler whom she name Gravel.

upload_2015-3-3_8-23-18.png

Arriving at Couraway Town, Locke is challenged to battle by Professor Sycamore, he uses the same team he used in their first battle, but now with fully evolved Pokemon, easy battle.

upload_2015-3-3_8-23-50.png

Locke continues onto route 18, where she catch a Quagsire and name him quagmire. Locke meets up with all her friends who challenges her one after one, they are still lightyears from Lockes level. (Did I just use lightyear to measure time?)
upload_2015-3-3_8-24-2.png

upload_2015-3-3_8-24-11.png
(NEW CLOTHES)
Finally Locke is in Snowbelle, she is ready to face down the last gym leader, more ready than she have ever been. With five strong Pokemon in her party, Locke have never felt better about herself. Ready to head into the gym, Locke is stopped by the doorman who tells her that Wolfric have gone to the Pokemon Village.

upload_2015-3-3_8-24-52.png

Forced to find him, Locke heads through route 20 to the Pokemon Village, she encounters a Jiglypuff and a Gothita, but decides not to catch any of them. She meets up with Wulfric who goes back through the forrest. Locke fly on Acid (no pun intended) but wulfric still reaches there faster.

Locke heads inside the gym with Angel in front of her party, All Pokemon falls to the aura sphere, and the pusle is pretty easy.
upload_2015-3-3_8-25-9.png

Total pushover, Angel sweeps him and Locke takes the badge.

upload_2015-3-3_8-25-24.png

8/8

Last edited:
Whoa what an awkward statement by Wulfric, didn´t remember that.
Once upon a time there will be Ice type gyms that are not totally pushover...

Now show them Elitists how to treat your mons right!

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey tomato, been watching for quite a bit now, and it's a really great nuzlocke! nicely narrated and everything, and i really like how you got out of that bit where you nearly gave up, you inspired me to do my own nuzlocke! I'll definitely be waiting for the elite four section :)

Part 9 - the elite four!

upload_2015-3-8_19-34-5.png

Locke's adventure is finally reaching the end, with only two more challenges she has to overcome, the victory road and the Elite four. As she enters the cave, her first encounter is a female gurdurr. Locke leads with hard and weaken it with the surf, gurdurr goes for the superpower.
upload_2015-3-8_19-34-32.png

Hard died. Locke can't believe her eyes, she beat the gym and the ace trainer at the entrance, jet she fails to catch a wild pokemon without her own dying? Locke knows what she has to do, she must capture the gurdurr regardless of what her fealings tell her. Locke sends in Acid and throw an ultraball, She names gurdurr murder, knowing that she will never truly love her.

Locke makes her way out of the first cave. She is jumped by a Fearow, which is easily caught in a quick ball.

upload_2015-3-8_19-35-14.png

Locke heads into the next cave, which she also gets out of without much trouble. She faces a machamp who hits Acid with a stone edge, but being the boss that she is, acid takes it rather well.

upload_2015-3-8_19-35-46.png

On her way into the third and final cave her childhood friend, Callum, runs up to her and challenges her to a battle, the last time he will ever challenge her. Locke beats him without any problems. After the battle, Callum tells Locke that he belive in her, which warms Locke's heart a little. Callum asks her if there is anything he can do, Locke asks him to take Murdur and then give it back to make it evolve.

Locke makes her way out of the final cave, and take her Pokemon to the Pokemon Centre outside of the Elite 4. She is felling ready to take on the elite four, but a lot of trainers who have previously attempted to face them recommend her to train, a lot. Locke decides to go with the advice, and she takes her pokemon through the Café le Yeah a couple of times.

The team before the Elite four:
upload_2015-3-8_19-36-29.png

Locke heads into the Elite Four, and the doors gets closed behind her.

upload_2015-3-8_19-37-7.png

Well, thanks I guess...

upload_2015-3-8_19-39-0.png

Locke heads into the Iron Chamber first. Locke leads with Quagmire against klefki, Earthquake takes it out in two hits while it sets up spikes. He then sends out Probopass which also falls to two earthquakes. Wikstrom sends out Aegislash and Locke switches to Thumber, a couple of earthquakes and it is down. Thumber is also able to power through scizor and Locke wins the battle.
upload_2015-3-8_19-37-43.png

Because I don't use them as weapons.
1/4

*picture went missing, instead I have used this one I illegally stole from google, sorry for good quality*
upload_2015-3-8_19-42-9.png

Locke heads into the fire chamber, where Malva is waiting for her. Locke leads with Quagmire again, this time against Malvas pyroar. Pyroar does a good amount with Hyper Voice, but falls to a earth plate boosted earthquake. Malva sends in Talonflame, Locke led Quagmire stay in expecting it to live the brave bird... which it does not. Forcing herself to keep focusing on the battle, Locke sends out Y which takes out talonflame with the dark pulse. Torkoal falls to two oblivion wings, and dark pulse straight out KO Chandelure.

2/4

Despite the death of quagmire, Locke is forced to continue. She already knew that not everyone, if anyone, would make it out alive.

upload_2015-3-8_19-42-54.png

Locke heads into the dragonmark chamber for her third battle in the Elite Four. Drasna leads with Dragalge and Locke leads with Angel. Angles goes for dragon pulse which is a 2hko, Dragalge goes for thunderbolt which does nothing. Drasna sends in noivern which dies to a critical hit from dragon pulse. Next one out is drudigon, Locke goes for the aura sphere, expecting to be able to live whatever attack drudigon goes for. Drudigon goes for the revenge, which Angel can't take. in tears, Locke finished it off with Y. Altaria also goes down to two snarls.

Locke had actually never thought Angel would die, and is therefore extra sad with this death. Angle have always been there since her very hard time in the reflection cave. Locke swears that she will revenge her fallen friend.
3/4

upload_2015-3-8_19-43-42.png

Locke is ready for her final battle before the champion, she decides to go with Y in the front of her party. Seibold apparently call the inhumane act of Pokemon battles and art, and gets very offended when Locke disagree.

upload_2015-3-8_19-43-58.png

Seibold leads with Clawitser which goes down to snarl and oblivion wing. Gyarados is his next pokemon, which decides to set up with dragon dance, however it dies to two Oblivion wings, only managing to get in one boosted icefang. Starmie straight dies to one dark pulse. Seibolds last pokemon is his Barbaracle, which Locke is really scared of. Y goes for the dark pulse, which makes Barbarcle flinch (YES, didn't matter unless crit though)

4/4

With only 4 pokemon left to battle the champion, Locke is really doubting herself, however she can not turn back now! (Not just a metaphor, the doors are actually locked from the outside)

upload_2015-3-8_19-48-47.png
upload_2015-3-8_19-48-55.png
upload_2015-3-8_19-49-1.png
upload_2015-3-8_19-49-6.png

Leave a like and some feat back! I hope you enjoyed it, and that you pray for Locke to defeat the champion.

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
At least you have a modest yvetal :) Good work on getting so far though, the elite four was really challenging, I could tell.
One thing, how did you insert those images? Did you use imgur or did you straight up upload? My upload button doesn't work, so...

At least you have a modest yvetal :) Good work on getting so far though, the elite four was really challenging, I could tell.
One thing, how did you insert those images? Did you use imgur or did you straight up upload? My upload button doesn't work, so...
I simply drag and drop all my images into ms word be have them rescaled, then I simply copy and paste them into smogon :) I've used the upload bottom for the first parts, and the only problem I've had with it was trying to upload pictures directly from an extern hard disk, there's also a file size limit that could cause it.

I am actually surprised that I made it to the champion for this playthrough. Not only ingame because of the ruleset being more challenging than I had imagined, but also the written updates. When I started this thread back in December last year I actually thought I would consist of 3 parts at most. Regardless, I'm really happy I made it this long, so without further ado, let's face the champion.

Locke's Pokémon adventure - The final part.

Locke heads into the final room of the Elite Four, the champions chamber.
upload_2015-3-21_8-47-57.png

Diantha greets Locke like she was an old relative, she appears really nice on the surface. This throws Locke off a bit, she had expected a more aggressive attitude from her.
upload_2015-3-21_8-48-24.png

upload_2015-3-21_8-48-51.png

The battle starts!

Locke leads with Yveltal and Diantha leads with Hawlucha. Yveltal outspeeds it and is able to OHKO with Oblivion wing.
upload_2015-3-21_8-49-15.png

Diantha's next pokemon is Conkeldurr. Locke consider trying her luck with the inaccurate focus blast, but evaluate that sending in Murder would be a safer choice. Murder takes takes the head smash rather well, and is able to KO back with a hammer arm.
upload_2015-3-21_8-49-36.png

Diantha's next is Goodra, Locke let Murder stay in. Murder is able to take two hits from the opposing goodra, and can 2hko back with Hammer Arm.
upload_2015-3-21_8-50-11.png

Diantha apparently believe using a rock/ice type against a fighting type would be smart, bad decision. Diantha patheticly tries to make up for the type disadvantage by using reflect, which might have been a good decision had Murder not been so strong. Aurorus falls to a single superpower through the reflect.
upload_2015-3-21_8-50-49.png

Diantha is able to take out Murder with Gourgeist's shadow sneak. Even though Murder had previosly killed one of Locke's comrades, she still couldn't help but drop a tear when Murder died after being there for the entire elite four. Locke sends in Yveltal again and take out Gourgeist with a single dark pulse.
upload_2015-3-21_8-51-10.png

Diantha is down to her final Pokemon, but also her strongest one, her mega gardevoir. Locke decides to keep Yveltal in, begging not to get any bad luck. Yveltal goes for the dark pulse, no flinch this time, and Gardevoir goes for the moonblast, which makes Yveltal's special attack drop. Locke takes her Locke on a test, knowing that the weakened dark pulse won't necessarily take down the opposing gardevoir.
upload_2015-3-21_8-51-36.png

upload_2015-3-21_8-51-53.png

upload_2015-3-21_8-52-19.png

After the battle Diantha still sound like an old relative, and acts like the battle was just for fun.
upload_2015-3-21_8-52-36.png

Locke follow Diantha into the last room of the building, the hall of fame, where ''Pokemon trainers will live forever''. Locke put down her pokeballs and let the machine do its job.
upload_2015-3-21_8-52-59.png

A few days later the entire region meets to celebrate Locke.
upload_2015-3-21_8-53-20.png

AZ walks up to Locke and challenges her to a battle. The battle is very short, and AZ doesn't really put up any challenge at all.
upload_2015-3-21_8-53-43.png

After the battle AZ thanks Locke and explains to Locke that he finally feel free.
upload_2015-3-21_8-54-7.png

AZ gets reunited with his long lost Pokemon, a pokemon that had previously died and was brought back to life, Locke look at it and feel both very happy for AZ but also very sad for herself. She had never wanted any pokemon to die, jet several pokemon had died trying to defend her. Locke looks down at her three reminding pokeballs and remind herself that without her, people in the Kalos region would be forever forced to fight each other using pokemon. She then promises herself never to risk the life of a pokemon ever again.
upload_2015-3-21_8-54-29.png

Leave a like if you enjoyed and leave some feat back!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)