SS OU Lonely at the Top -Dual Weather Offense, Peaked #1 2124-

Einsam an der Spitze (Lonely at the Top)

urshifu-rapidstrike.png

Guten Talon! (german for good day) and welcome to my first RMT on this site. With the arrival of the Crown Tundra DLC i found new motivation for teambuilding and after some time of trial and error i created this very fun sand/rain bulky offense featuring a plethora of overlooked threats. At fist i thought the team was somewhat gimmicky but eventually my good friend and OLT legend Zuchtrest (yes hes alive and well even tho Lele didnt get expanding force) managed to get #1 on the ladder with it recently. This Team doesnt feature any potentially banworthy mons so hopefully it can be relevant for a bit longer.
Screenshot_136.png

The Team in Detail

Jetstream (Latios)(M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor

- Mystical Fire
- Surf
- Psychic

Ever since i heard Latios got Mystical Fire i was really hyped to use him. Not only the addition of Mystical Fire and Aurashere but also the Pursuit removal are huge buffs to a mon rarely seen in sm ou, with such the balance-breaking potential of Latios comes to full display. The moveset of Psychic, Draco, Surf and Mystical Fire lets him 2HKO the whole meta bar Blissey and the occasional specially defensiv TTar/Mandibuzz. Draco obviously is a nuke, dealing even considerable resisted damage, Psychic hits Fairys like Fini and Clef (easy 2hko) really hard. Surf 2HKOs SpD Tran, does a good chunk to TTar and -especially under Rain- is a good move to lock yourself into in general. Mystical fire is amazing since it OHKOs Ferro and hits steels like Corvi, Steela and Magearna really hard. The Mystical Fire SpD Drop can be clutch against AV Mage on the switch, by the time Magearna can attack she already took around 66% and at -2 Fleur Cannon is a snack for Latios. Defensivly Latios is a bit lackluster, he can still switch into some resisted hits and provides a solid check to toxapex and the allegedly broken Lando-I. With that in mind, Latios can be prediction reliant at times, faces competion from faster Dragons (at least Naga got banned) and has to worry about a plethora of faster mons being able to OHKO him.
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Mystical Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 320-380 (90.9 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
-2 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-Black: 386-456 (98.7 - 116.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

urshifu-rapidstrike.png

Squatted 3 Platten (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes

- U-turn

I've always found Urshifu-Rapid-Strike to be mad underrated. Offensivly it synergizes really good with Latios, he deals with the bulky water resists like Amoongus and Toxapex, while Urshifu takes advantage of the few Latios counters in TTar and Chansey, while also giving a more reliable way to beat Ferrothorn, Mandibuzz and Corvi. Urshifu especially excels with rain up, making aqua jet a serious revenge killing option (OHKOing Lando-I, Volc, Exca and Phero) and nuking toxapex for almost a 2HKO (make sure helmet is removed). Furthermore the critical hit character of Surging Strikes makes it so Urshifu is a good check to a coiling Zygard and makes it a good weapon vs Screens. Urshifu -by virtue of typing, bulk and priority- can soft check multiple physical offenisv threats such as Exca, Crawdawnt and Pheromosa that would otherwise run tru the team. During Zuchtrest's ladderrun it had an Admant nature, which under Rain was an amazing stallbreaker, but I'm gravitating more towards Jolly now, there are a handfull of mons u should run it for: Opposing Urshifu, Excadrill, Sash Lando, Kyub and the occasional max speed Zygard.
252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Rain on a critical hit: 126-150 (41.4 - 49.3%) -- approx. 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Relt=Quake (Excadrill)@ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

- Rock Slide

Shoutouts to my lost bro AdvancedShip for inventing the broken mon that is Adamant Band Excadrill. This thing kills Kartana after Rocks, enough said. I am pretty simple minded, i needed TTar for Spectrier and hate Scarfer, so Sand Rush Exca was the only logical option. Band on Exca is amazing in an offensive metagame in which some Teams need to rely on Rillaboom, Lando-I, Urshifu or Kyurem to take a hit. With some Hazard/Helmet Ferro chip all of them get owned. In terms of ground immunitys, Corvi isnt seen all that much (or just gets overwhelmed by the other breakers), Scarf Lando takes near 50 from Iron Head and Mandi/Zapdos are easily 2HKOd by Rock Slide. Granted it can be very prediction reliant, but extremly rewarding. Defensivly Exca provides an Electric immunity against Koko/Regielecki, checks Magearna and doesnt have to fear Toxic from blissey. T-Spikes especially are a big problem for this team and exca can get rid of them fairly easy.
252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 220-259 (84.9 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Fightclub (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers/Heavy-Duty-Boots
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Every Teams needs a Leader, someone to demand respect, it just doesnt look good without one. TTars role is pretty simple, he provides Sand for Exca, gets up Rocks fairly easy (has good matchup vs most flying type defogger) and counters Spectrier alongside other Dragons like Dragapult and Latios with maximum SpD investment. During the Ladderrun it was Leftovers but seeing how popular Tspikes + Hex Spectrier is, Heavy Duty Boots probably is the better option. Stone Edge is TTars strongest Stab and essential for checking KyuB, Ice Beam is for catching both Landos, making Excadrills job a lot easier (especially if its the opposing teams only Earthquake immunity). Since the Team is pretty slow, i was opting for a Brasilian Twave TTar. Besides that, you can never go wrong with fishing for some paras anyway.

Huracan (Pelipper)@ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 208 HP / 104 Def / 196 SpA
Modest Nature

- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Scald

- Knock Off

With Specs Pelipper the Team combines for four Mons with Specs/Band. It is the Rain setter, powering up its own moves alongside Latios Surf and Urshifus Water Stabs. Pelipper is especially good early game, and while the other wallbreaker can be a little prediction reliant, Weather Ball and Hurricane are really easy moves to spam. There is not much that wants to come in on its Dual Stab, Bulky Water resits like Ferro or Pex get easily 2HKOd by Hurricane. Knock Off is very important, since Pex is usually the pivot, and knocking this things Rocky Helmet is very important for Urshifu to (idealy alongside a para) break tru it. Furthermore it knocks Blisseys Boots, enabeling you to beat it by hazard stacking. Scald is just there for TTar, when it changes the weather. I dont really see the point of going with speed on Peli, so i ran it more physically defensiv, making it somewhat of a check for Pheromosa and the C Rank threat that is Blaziken, the defense investment always lets it take a Wicked Blow from band Urshifu
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 208 HP / 104 Def Pelipper on a critical hit: 264-312 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Dr. Gyno (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

- Gyro Ball

As you might have noticed the Team already has a Rock and a Flying Type, so a Grass Type to complement the Flying-Gras-Rock Core was inevitable. I was going with Ferro since, with maximum phydef Investment and Gyro Ball, it matches up the best against KyuB. Rocky Helmet makes Ferro an amazing blanket check against the likes of Kartana, Rillaboom (sd sets are still a big issue lol) and Barraskewda. Ferro is bulky enough to take pretty much every physical fighting move that is not banded stab, so you will get a lot of contact recoil out of him. The combination of knock-leech seed-spikes can be really annoying for stall, especially since you got like 5000 breaker in the back to abuse stall once spikes are up.
252+ Atk Urshifu Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 258-306 (73.2 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Urshifu: 229-271 (67.1 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO pretty much kills after recoil
252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 93-111 (26.4 - 31.5%) -- approx. 4HKO

Theatlist

1604164245828.png
Especially SD Sets can be devastaing, Latios takes +2 Glide from full, but other than that you have to wait for terrain to end and outplay with ferro.
1604164410340.png
If Pelipper has taken a little damage this thing gets a kill pretty much every time, speed boost variants outspeed exca at +1, so you have to force it out with aqua jet urshifu
1604164652522.png
+
1604164696909.png
Spectrier with Tspikes forces TTar to take a poison, from there it gets worn down quickly, other than that nothing else really takes ghost moves and scarf does outspeed exca in sand.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1211885920 how to deal with Phero and tspikes Spectrier Teams
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1211866328 High Ladder +2000 game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1211784618 crazy endgame, came down to a 50/50
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1210026199-o75ha7pw311cgq4lmxabm7yrmo1qyncpw Rain getting fkd by Latios + Pelipper
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-524856 smogtours game vs soulwind, illustrating how jolly would be better on urshi (qwily didnt play that well and didnt have gyro on ferro tho)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-524826 smogtours game, band exca luring pex for the OHKO, Tspikes Spectrier once more
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-524803 smogtours game, Relt=Quake, Urshi owns Pex in the Rain too.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-524738 smogtours game, Urshi MVP once more.

Import

Original Version that peaked: https://pokepast.es/442e358ca0232922

Improved Final Version: https://pokepast.es/51ae72a168da7fd9

Shoutouts

An alle Bralons des Orden des Fiaro, einen herzlichen guten Talon! A special Shoutout to Zuchtrest, he's still a ladder goat and made this trash peak LOL, nevertheless say "Guten Talon" back for the future.

AdvanceShip komm zurück Bruder, FGR Core is broken; Liones Heatran is kein Mon, jedes Team braucht ein Zam; qwily Erster Offizier des Guten Talon, Experte im Durchqueren des Mondbergs @mazary nimm Stahlobor mit in die Silph Co. Stay Modal Tim Hochbegabelt, Guten Talon to you nachträglich; Lord_Enz Ich krieg keinen mehr hoch, kine sorge bin doch der nächste Helping Hans; Leru Können Gladiators noch Playoffs machen? Padox free my man patlop2307 Hat einen großen Schwanz, JK. Wann Erik invite? Tric3 verantwortlich für meine radikal red obsession

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)