Kyurem-Black :icium-z:
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Ice Beam

- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

The main wall breaker freeze shock for the physical z-move to deal massive damage and OHKO ice beam mainly for tangrowth and fusion bolt for toxapex and celesteela earth power to deal with heatran since it could catch them of guard.B-kyurem also is the main way to get rid of sp. defensive pokemon that may stop greninja from ending the game.Perhaps I could replace kyurem with m-mawile and replace medicham with a physical wall but I'm leaving that to you people.

:sm/tapu-fini:
Tapu Fini :leftovers:
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness

- Taunt
- Defog

Fini is the defogger and the win support against stall with taunt and she also walls ash,greninja which stops them from sweeping the team.Misty terrain allows kyurem and medicham to stay free from burns which would cripple them stopping the momentum of the team.Nature madness to damage stall pokemon and steel types that switch in.Not sure if I should play around with the EVs.

:sm/greninja-ash:
Greninja-Ash :choice-specs:
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Water Shuriken

- Spikes
- Dark Pulse

Late game sweeper to clean up after B-Kyurem and M-Midicham.Thinking of replacing spikes since its main use was to threaten toxapex and heatran but my team has checks for them in the form of kyurem and medicham.For moves to replace spikes, U-turn came to mind but I'm not complete sure if it will work with choice specs.I still need something to help me understand pivoting.

:sm/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian :leftovers:
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog

Defensive lando since I lack a def. wall and the intimidate helps lando be more defensive. Also a pivot and defogger to get rid of the spikes and screens since being flying helps no get affected by ground entry hazards.I used earthquake after trying stone edge but I found earthquake more useful in more situations so I switched.I believe I picked earthquake to beat magic bounce pokemon like m-Diancie.

:sm/medicham-mega:
Medicham-Mega :medichamite:
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

The sweeper to cause heavy damage to the opposing team.Checks Toxapex, gliscor, lando and most dragon types to clear the way for kyurem.The chip from fake out is always helpful I decided to pick ice punch instead of fire since ice gives more coverage and gets rid of threats mentioned above.When I picked medicham I wasn't sure what mega to pick but medicham hasn't let me down yet.

:sm/magnezone:
Magnezone :choice-scarf:
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Trap and kill a physical wall like ferrothorn and scior to give the physical sweepers like kyurem and medicham a easier time.Of course being steel type helps take care of fairy types and stop stall pokemon form poisoning the team if fini has fainted.Ferro in rain teams causes some problems which leads to ferrothorn surviving 4-6 turns while I spam hp fire.Maybe I can choice specs instead but that leaves me slower than kartana.

This is my second team I have made my first was a failed sand stream team so I guess this is my first viable team thats won some battles the winrate being 72.5% out of 40 matches which is not good but I'm hoping that the community can help give me suggestions to improve my team.The team is only half the story I understand that me as a player has to improve too and build my experience and skills.

Thanks for the any tips or suggestions in advance

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Lol I wanted to create a team around Kyu-B, but looks like you beat me to it.
Your team is very similar to mine, and I don’t have any suggestions apart from a request to see some replays of the team in action.

Im assuming from the lack of replies that this team is solid and doesn't need major improvements.

Update:changed spikes on gren to U-turn

737373elj

Banned deucer.
because the use of spikes was a check to toxapex but kyurem,medicham and lando can do the same
Spikes can wear down other teams further, and just having Stealth Rock is a bit risky.
But if you’re not one to use set hazards, then it’s perfectly fine with me. I do wonder how often you use Defog though.

I fear that this team could be very weak to scarf pokemon, your only real speed control is Ash Greninja's speed and water shuriken, but outside that the team doesn't look bad to me, although I would explore options on how else to deal with pokemon like Mega Zam, Mega Lopunny, and Scarf Pokemon in general. A example of what could work to help that would maybe be hp fire ferrothorn with stealth rocks and chople berry>magnezone and scarf landorus t>leftovers, but I don't know if thats the greatest patch up to that issue personally.

I only just realised Medichams EVs are incomplete.
same
I fear that this team could be very weak to scarf pokemon, your only real speed control is Ash Greninja's speed and water shuriken, but outside that the team doesn't look bad to me, although I would explore options on how else to deal with pokemon like Mega Zam, Mega Lopunny, and Scarf Pokemon in general. A example of what could work to help that would maybe be hp fire ferrothorn with stealth rocks and chople berry>magnezone and scarf landorus t>leftovers, but I don't know if thats the greatest patch up to that issue personally.
Ok so ferrothorn becomes the physical wall and stealth rock setter.Magnezone loses scarf which leaves it slower than kartana but the chople berry is to take a hit from secret sword right?Then hidden power fire.Scarf lando is something I look forward to trying.My main question is how I add ferrothorn to the team who do I replace?
Spikes can wear down other teams further, and just having Stealth Rock is a bit risky.
But if you’re not one to use set hazards, then it’s perfectly fine with me. I do wonder how often you use Defog though.
spikes get defogged easily because most defoggers are flying e.g,lando,skarmory,crobat
I use defog to get rid of hazards like toxic spikes,spikes and stealth rock along with screens and veils

737373elj

Banned deucer.
spikes get defogged easily because most defoggers are flying e.g,lando,skarmory,crobat
I use defog to get rid of hazards like toxic spikes,spikes and stealth rock along with screens and veils
No, how often do you Defog away entry hazards?

Ok so ferrothorn becomes the physical wall and stealth rock setter.Magnezone loses scarf which leaves it slower than kartana but the chople berry is to take a hit from secret sword right?Then hidden power fire.Scarf lando is something I look forward to trying.My main question is how I add ferrothorn to the team who do I replace?
Magnezone

This sure is a rather solid offensive team, all that being rather passive at times.
The Magnezone + Mega-Medicham + Kyurem-Black breaker core is a reliable and well tested core in the USUM OU meta and struggles to reliably let down, so good job. One thing I did experiment with in the past were dual-Z cores with Magnezone and Kyurem-Black that alter their use depending on the matchup, overall, my opinion is that Sub-Z variants of Magnezone tend to be the most reliable, as they achieve more in unfavorable matchups and prevent Magnezone from just being sack fodder. Steelium Z would give the team a reliable game plan against Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian for example

This sure is a rather solid offensive team, all that being rather passive at times.
The Magnezone + Mega-Medicham + Kyurem-Black breaker core is a reliable and well tested core in the USUM OU meta and struggles to reliably let down, so good job. One thing I did experiment with in the past were dual-Z cores with Magnezone and Kyurem-Black that alter their use depending on the matchup, overall, my opinion is that Sub-Z variants of Magnezone tend to be the most reliable, as they achieve more in unfavorable matchups and prevent Magnezone from just being sack fodder. Steelium Z would give the team a reliable game plan against Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian for example
the Ice-z is very important for wall breaking but your right I have been having major difficulties with scarf lando so maybe steel-z can help with that.Dual-z-core is something I have never heard of but willing to try it but I replaced magnezone with ferrothorn and works pretty well to finish late game so should I switch for magnezone for a more solid core and a counter to scarf lando?

the Ice-z is very important for wall breaking but your right I have been having major difficulties with scarf lando so maybe steel-z can help with that.Dual-z-core is something I have never heard of but willing to try it but I replaced magnezone with ferrothorn and works pretty well to finish late game so should I switch for magnezone for a more solid core and a counter to scarf lando?
Having two Z move users on the team means you can use whichever Z move you need right now.
If there's a Landorus staring down your spine, it is probably good to fire off a Corkscrew Crash, if not and you're in the attacking position, fire off a Subzero Slammer, it is that simple. If you need the Subzero Slammer for later, don't use Corkscrew Crash.
Magnezone doesn't inherently need an item to function. So this change would make the team better across the board.

But Lando-T is already a Rocker!
And is Magnezone worth replacing for Ferrothorn? Magnezone gets rid of Steels that the Kyu-B is already weak to and M Scizor kills this team without Magnezone.
maybe I could run choice scarf lando if ferothorn becomes the rocker and the defensive wall which allows lando to take out threats to fero like the char megas

Having two Z move users on the team means you can use whichever Z move you need right now.
If there's a Landorus staring down your spine, it is probably good to fire off a Corkscrew Crash, if not and you're in the attacking position, fire off a Subzero Slammer, it is that simple. If you need the Subzero Slammer for later, don't use Corkscrew Crash.
Magnezone doesn't inherently need an item to function. So this change would make the team better across the board.
ok I get you now but could I run choice scarf lando if ferothorn becomes the rocker and the defensive wall which allows lando to take out threats to fero like the char megas and magnezone

the team is very good since i cant find that much flaws with it.this is optional but u can replace defog on fini for haze or scald but having 2 defoggers is nice,again its optional

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)