ORAS Ubers Lord Shedinja [Peaked #8]

LORD SHEDINJA

Hi everyone and welcome to my RMT. This is my latest and most successful team, featuring my favourite pokemon Shedinja. i've built a Ubers Shedinja team in each generation, and this year is no exception. in ORAS, using shedinja is way easier than ever, due to the introduction of Mega-Sableye and Defog. i can safely say that this is the Generation in which he's most viable, other than 3° gen, of course.

This team has reached 8th position on the Ubers ladder, with a nice WL ratio:

Immagine.png

I'm posting this team to showcase the viability of Shedinja in ubers, as well as Support Arceus-Ground. hopefully i can use it as an "argument" to rank the Lord in the Viability rankings. But, i'd also like some advice for the threats it's weak to, even if the team is as optimized as it can be, so it will be difficult to change something without opening the team to other threats. That being said, let's go.

Teambuilding

I started from the core of Shedinja + Mega Sableye, that is quite popular on the OU Ladder lately. in fact i wanted to use it in an OU team, but it didn't work out as well due to sand etc. Quite a Simple Core, Mega Sableye protects the Lord from hazards with Magic Bounce, especially from Leads like Deoxys-A, Greninja and Scoli, and Spikers, like Ferrothorn and Klefki.

I Added Primal Groudon because it's ORAS to have Stealth Rocks, Remove Tyranitar's Sand easily, and to act as a Shedinja Backup is Hazards are somewhat on the field.

Then, i wanted something to check Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence and that can Defog. an Arceus form was obvious here. i could've gone with standard Water Arceus, but i chose the odd Ground arceus for the Ground-type Judgement

With all the hazard control that i have, it would be a shame to not abuse the almighty burd Ho-oh. it gives the team a blanket check to Special attackers and some wallbreaking power to take stall down.

The last Slot was the trickier one. i tried a lot of things here, firstly, i used Scarf Xerneas to check Darkrai, but it didn't work out very well. so i changed it to Defensive Primal kyogre to better check it, as well as checking Kyurem-W. However i noticed to be very weak to Ghost arceus, especially the SD set, so i switched to Yveltal and never came back. It leaves me weaker to darkrai, but i prefer it.

In-Depth

The Lord (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- Toxic / X-Scissors

Here it is, the based Lord himself. in ORAS Shedinja is way more viable than in 4th and 5th Generation, mostly due to the introduction of Mega Sableye and the buff to Defog. this means that the Lord doesn't restrict teambuilding as much anymore, and it requires less support.

This is what Shedinja does in my team, but also is what it does generally in Ubers:​
  • Checks or counters pokemons such as Kyogre, 99.9% of Xerneas (people still running HP Fire ffs) Latios and Latias, Genesect (this four are the most important and secure) most Mewtwos, ice beam Deo-A, non-Stone Edge Lucario, non-Crunch Kangaskhan, and some CM Arceus (Ice, Poison)
  • After he has switched on one of those, he can gain momentium with Baton Pass, Burn something (if PGroudon isn't present), land a toxic on the obvious PGroundon / Ho-oh switch-in. for things like Xern and Latios is always better to scout for random HPs by Doubling into Ho-oh
  • Revengekills weakened things with Shadow Sneak. it does 40% to Mewtwos and can finish off Sash mons like Darkrai.
  • It controls the opponent's predictions. People tend to double switch with Primal kyogre and Xern so you can take advatage of that.
  • It can sacrifice his Focus Sash to burn physical sweepers going ham like Swords Dance Arceuses, Mega Salamence, Zekrom etc to check them easier with teammates.
  • Can pivot on moves which he's immune to, to give teammates safer Swtchins. for example, switching into Mewtwo's Psystrike to make Ho-oh switch safely on a Fire Blast.
In the last slot i'm quite uncertain on the move. Toxic hits Ho-oh and Primal Groudon on the Switch, while X-Scissor hits Darkrai hard. Jolly is preferred because it can escape MScizor's pursuit with Baton Pass. 0 HP in Defense gives Genesect a special attack boost.

This is mostly what it can do, but of course he is still Shedinja, so he's weak to a lot of other things, like hazards, residual damage and Supereffective moves, which are a lot. Overall, i think it can have a C- Rank in the viability Rankings. I mean he's way better than fucking Mega Mawile.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out
- Recover

Mega Sableye is a godsense for balance and Stall teams alike and he's the Lord's best buddy. he deals with all the various hazard leads bar Skill Swap Deoxys-S and Excadrill, and Spikers, like Ferrothorn, Skarmory and even Klefki. It also deters pokemon like Primal groudon and Dialga to use Stealth Rock because they fear Magic Bounce. It is the team's counter to dangerous pokemon like Extremekiller, Mewtwo and Deoxys-A with Foul Play and Will-O-Wisp and he is also my Status absober for pokemon like Support Arceus and Lugia.

The Moveset is pretty standard, with Fake Out > Protect to break the Focus Sash from leading Darkrais Foul play does a nifty 70% to +2 Arceus and 40% to Primal Groudon so is the best options. Taunt is an option to deal with Skill Swap users, but i prefer the safety provided by Fake Out, Because Mega Sableye is my Lead 90% of the time.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 184 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Every Lord needs his king, but this fella is more like the imperator of ORAS Ubers right now. in this team Primal groudon has way less pressure on it, because Shedinja counters the same things, so he can focus on checking other things like Ho-oh and Zekrom. He Provides Hazards (that won't be on the field that much since i Defog a lot.) and a Backup to Shedinja and Ho-oh is SR are on the field. i've chosen a standard moveset, the SpDef one, with Stone edge and some EV in Speed to Lure Ho-ohs, Earthquake preferred to Precipice Blades because i don't need to pressure defoggers, and roar to phaze Xerneas and Salamence. He is quite a standard sight in todays Metagame.
If you could suggest a better EV Spread for taking better on Ho-oh, it would be awesome.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover

This may seems a strange choice for a Support Arceus, and it may look outclassed by Water or dragon Arceus. However, i've chosen it for his STAB Ground-Type Judgement. with it it can easily OHKO Offensive variants of Primal groudon and 2HKO Defensive ones. Other Support arceus are generally beaten by Paradancer and Double Dancer Primal Groudon, so Ground Arceus is the best for dealing with Primal Groudon in General. His judgement makes him a better check for Dialga and Mega Diancie, two other Stealth Rockers that beat Mega Sableye. Ice Beam is for Salamence, while Defog and recover are obvious. The Ev Spread is fo hitting 307 speed, outspeeding even jolly Groudons and Lucario before Mega, while still taking +1 Double Edge from Salamence.
Of course Arceus Water would be a better choice to deal with Ho-oh and kyurem-W better, but it would make the team more passive.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Atk / 40 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

The big flaming burd is one of the best pokemon in the tier to deal with Balance and stall teams, and with all the hazard control that i have i can spam it freely. The choice band set is better to me than Life orb because it gets less recoil when spamming Brave bird, helping when you're trying to take down opposing Arceuses. Earthquake and sleep talk are very useful to the team. EQ can lure and heavily damage Tyranitar, while Sleep Talk is useful for playing mindgames with Darkrai. I put some evs to outspeed opposing Ho-ohs, but i noticed that people have started to use fast CB lately. A definatley well deserved S Rank imo

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Focus Blast

As i said, there have been a lot of other pokemon in this slot, but at the end Offensive Yveltal has been the better option. with kyogre and Xerneas in this spot, i had trouble with SD Ghost Arceus, so i decided to use this. It helps also with Darkrai and Mega Sableye. It forms with Ho-oh a strong bird core that is really dangerous to slower builds. The Moveset his standard: Dark pulse + Sucker Punch KO Ho-oh, Mega Salamence and more, while Oblivion Wing keeps it alive, and hits opposing yveltals and Darkray for good damage. i've Preferred Focus Blast to Heat Wave, because i don't need to lure Keys, everything here checks it. Focus Blast "hits" (when it wants to) Tyranitar and KOs, does 70%+ to Arceus Rock, helping Ho-oh breaking through it, and still does a good 50% to Klefki. The EV Spread is standard.

THREATLIST

Dark-Types:
Darkrai is generally a diffficult pokemon to deal with, with slow teams like this. a well played darkrai can pass through Ho-oh and KO a good portion of the team, if yvetal is weakened. also, Opposing Yveltal like mine can hurt every switch-in, and using my own isn't always a good idea. i have to play my Ho-oh correctly to deal with it.

+ Offensive Pressure:
Skill Swap can setup Stealth Rockk easily against my team, and it have also taunt to block Defog. so with pressure from pokemon like Darkrai, kyogres and such, a HO can beat this team. Playing around with Mega Sableye is a way to stop this, but is unreliable.

Specs Kyurem-W:
This actually fucks me hard lol. Is the main reason to choose Water Arceus over mine. Ho-oh can soft-check him though

Fast CB
: It can be difficult to deal with this because it 2HKO Primal Groudon. Yveltal can damage it badly though.

And That's it. i hope you like this team, is very fun to use and is not gimmickly as it can look, the people that i've battled can confirm this. I leave the ETT to try it out. see ya!

ETT
Code:
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb [/COLOR][/CENTER]
[COLOR=#000000]
[CENTER]Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 184 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out
- Recover

The Lord (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Atk / 40 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Focus Blast

Last edited:
Hi MagicShedinja. I like the idea of Shedinja in Ubers specially that it walls lots of Pokemon like Primal Kyogre, Xerneas and Latias. However, this strategy has many downfalls including sand offensive teams, the ability of Lava Plume Primal Groudon to set up Stealth Rock and Skill Swap Deoxys-S.
Regardless, I do personally think that Shedinja teams are viable and I will give you a rate.

Lets start with the Issues:

1) Ho-Oh(specially with Substitute): Ho-Oh gets a free switch in on Arceus Ground and you don't have any switch in for his Brave Bird. If It's the Substitute, Roost, Sacred Fire, Brave Bird set, It will dismantle you team.
2) Too much Stealth Rock weak Pokemon in a tier where it's not very difficult to get Stealth Rock up: Ho-Oh 4 times weak, Yveltal 2 Times weak, and Shedinja who automatically dies is too much.
3) Nothing to absorb status besides Sableye: Who lose to Judgment Arceus forms most having Toxic as well.
4) Huge pressure on the back of Shedinja and Arceus Ground: You use them to check multiple offensive threats which is very unhealthy specially against offensive pressure.
5) Offensive Yveltal: Lack of Yveltal check.
6) Offensive Arceus Ground: Only check is Mega Sableye who might die after Stealth Rock damage. It also has many opportunities to set up.

What to fix and what to keep:

1) Sableye,Shedinja and Ho-Oh are fine. Toxic > Protect on Shedinja. Since it's your only way to annoy Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon or you just a free switch in otherwise.
2) Arceus Water > Arceus Ground. Checks Ho-Oh greatly, can Defog easier on Lava Plume Primal Groudon and it can also Toxic it without taking much damage. It also Checks very well Arceus Ground.
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

3) Klefki > Yveltal. Absorbs status, Checks Yveltal, Helps versus Mega Salamence, Mewtwo and Latias.
Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

4) Use this Groudon set. Can take hits and retaliate against Salamence strongly while still checking Xerneas too but you already have Klefki and Ho-Oh for that.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Def
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Hope I helped!

hi Lord Outrage, thank you a lot for your Rate. i've tried your suggestion and i came to the conclusion that Klefki helps checking all the threats i'm weak to, so if is a good replacement. it does open a weakness to Arceus Ghost, the main reason i put yveltal,but with the paralysis can help this.

however, with Arceus Water the team get destroyed from thing like Salamence and Sword Dance Primal Groudon, and dropping Judgement for Ice Beam, make the team weaker to Diancie. so i think i'll stick to Ground.

as for the SR weakness, it has never been a problem for me, Arc Ground can defog quite reliabily vs Groudon, even if Lava Plume can be annoying with the burn.

at last the two weaknesses that remain are Arceus Ground and Sub Ho-oh. it's ok like this,no team is perfect.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
You can use support Dragceus > ground arc for another fire and water resist and a Salamence+Primal Don check if u want and then put in a reliable Diancie answer like Ferrothorn. Your team's ice and dragon weakness is unfortunate but shedinja helps with the latter a bit and Dragceus can offer a way of revenge killing the slower crowd of dragons (like Kyurem-W). Fun team overall but the matchup versus toxic Kyogre is impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)