NOC Lovers Dance Mafia Game Thread: Game Over, Scum Win!

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
setup Stolen borrowed from https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74962

we are working with the 9p setup, so those rules are listed here

Game Rules

General Rules/Game Etiquette

1. Obey all site-wide rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private communication of any kind! This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
Activity/Prods/Replacements

1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 24 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 24 hours please PM let me, the host, know.
  5. I reserve the right to force replace players at my own discretion.
Deadlines

1. For the 9p setup, the pre-dance is 3 days, and the rest of the game will partake in 3 day phases, where there will be a lynch per day.
  2. There is no night phase this game.
  3. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  4. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death

1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline, the person with the most votes at the time will be lynched.
  2. If there's a tie, the person who received the total number of votes first will be lynched.
  3. Votes must be bolded to be counted.
  4. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  5. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  6. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think its a vote, then its a vote.
Miscellaneous

1. Don't impersonate me. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.
  • 1 Mafia Gentleman and 1 Mafia Lady vs 7 Town Gentlemen/Ladies, Open setup
  • The game will include two phases, pre-dance and dance. Pre-dance will last 3 days, and dance will last 6 days.
  • During the pre-dance, a Gentleman can ask a Lady to the dance in thread; this is done by tagging them in your post with some sort of proposal(be clear about this!). Each Lady can accept only one dance proposal. A Gentleman may make more than one proposal, but the first accepted will be the pairing.
  • Gentlemen can only pair with Ladies.
  • You may not vote and lynch during the pre-dance.
  • After all of the pairs are formed or after pre-dance ends, anyone who doesn't have a dance partner will be forced to leave the dance. (death)
  • This game is nightless, meaning there are no night kills. This game will last 6 days after pre-dance ends.
  • Each dance pair then become Lovers(both die when one dies), and the players are now free to vote and lynch.
  • Each dance pair will have a private chat(discord/PM) to talk to each other privately.
  • If all of the Mafia are eliminated, the Town wins!
  • If the Mafia controls half of the town, or time runs out, then the Mafia wins!

i have randomized the playerlist's roles accordingly.

Gentlemen:
Duskfall98
Apricity
InfernoDragon218
Oddish.

Ladies:
Jalmont
TexasCloverleaf
ItzViper482
Energy
Ken-Masters

[NAME], you are the Town Gentleman. You may propose to Ladies during the pre-phase, and will become lovers(die together, shared private chat) with the first Lady that accepts you, which means you will die when the other person does. You are allied with the Town, which means you win when you successfully lynch all the mafia.

[NAME], you are the Town Lady. You may accept a proposal by Gentlemen during the pre-phase, and will become lovers(die together, shared private chat) with the first Gentleman that you accept. You are allied with the Town, which means you win when you successfully lynch all the mafia.

[NAME], you are the Mafia Gentleman. You may propose to Ladies during the pre-phase, and will become lovers(die together, shared private chat) with the first Lady that accepts you, which means you will die when the other person does. You are allied with the Mafia, which means you win when you control 50% of the village, or when time runs out.
[NAME2], you are the Mafia Lady. You may accept a proposal by Gentlemen during the pre-phase, and will become lovers(die together, shared private chat) with the first Gentleman that you accept. You are allied with the Mafia, which means you win when you control 50% of the village, or when time runs out.

Hyperlink to Important Events:
Pre Dance Start

Last edited:

Nuxl

pre-game confirmation phase:

role PMs being sent out now, confirm to me in this thread or in your role PM. the game will start at a convenient time for me when everyone has confirmed OR 24 hours have passed with 8/9 confirmations. do not post anything other than your confirmation post in this thread until i give the go to start d1

also, it was suggested to me prior to the posting of this thread that the second phase should be changed to 3 days per lynch, instead of an overall 6 day phase for all lynches. i will allow you to vote for your preference in PM to me ONLY, but i will be ruling the overall 6 days as the default if i do not get a majority for the 3 days per lynch suggestion

apricity
Duskfall98
Energy
InfernoDragon218
ItzViper482
JALMONT
Ken-Masters
Oddish.
Texas Cloverleaf

Last edited:

Nuxl

all role PMs are out.

final note:
do NOT quote/copypaste any private communication of any kind. paraphrasing is fine.
you are not allowed to vote/lynch during the pre-dance.

have fun everyone!

Nuxl

okay, means everyone has everyone has confirmed now, so i'll start the game. ty everyone

there were enough votes to support the 3 days per lynch compared to the 6 days overall for all lynches, so we'll be moving forward with that.
the vote count on the highest pairing at the end of three days will be lynched. if there is a tie, the team who reached the number of votes first will be lynched.

for the pre-dance, i'm not going to be anal about how gentlemen/ladies propose. just bold and i recommend tagging(put an @ before their name) the lady/gentleman in question with some sort of, ideally creative, proposal/acceptance to be paired for the actual dance.

lynches during the actual dance will be for pairings in question, not specific users.

lovers' private chats will be created as soon as i read the lady's acceptance.

if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to bring em up to me

apricity Duskfall98 Energy InfernoDragon218 ItzViper482

Nuxl

anybody who accepts a proposal gets turbo'd first in day phase

this game is kind of broken if town get behind a good strategy in pre-dance. we have essentially 3 "free" lynches which is huge. we need to set up an informal voting system. person in gentlemen voted to be most scummy pairs up with person in lady voted to be second most scummy. person in lady voted to be most scummy goes unpaired. then the scummy pair of gentlemen+lady gets lynched no matter what immediately, and we have rest of the day to sort stuff out.

proposals should be agreed upon by village not done individually. i know some of you have individual streaks JALMONT but i'd like you to consider playing the game under this strategy

anybody who accepts a proposal gets turbo'd first in day phase

this game is kind of broken if town get behind a good strategy in pre-dance. we have essentially 3 "free" lynches which is huge. we need to set up an informal voting system. person in gentlemen voted to be most scummy pairs up with person in lady voted to be second most scummy. person in lady voted to be most scummy goes unpaired. then the scummy pair of gentlemen+lady gets lynched no matter what immediately, and we have rest of the day to sort stuff out.

proposals should be agreed upon by village not done individually. i know some of you have individual streaks JALMONT but i'd like you to consider playing the game under this strategy
i dont even know what the rules of this game are and i dont intend on finding out until 48 hrs from now

OK HELLO MY NAME IS HAL AND I WILL BE SOLVING THIS GAME FOR EVERYBODY

welcome to Hal Plays The Game For Everybody

LADIES GET TO VOTE NORMALLY FOR ONE MEMBER OF GENTLEMEN TO BE LYNCHED

submit your votes in thread in whatever format you feel most comfortable in. I will keep a running tally. The majority vote of the person you submit will be lynhed on day 1.

GENTLEMEN, YOU GET TO VOTE FOR TWO LADIES TO LYNCH

submit your preferences in an ordered list. I will process your votes 48 hours before deadline. The least favored gentlemen will be matched against the second least favored lady, and will be lynched on d2 without any kind of deliberation.

EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO FORMAL PROCESS FOR SORTING OUT THE PAIRINGS, WE WILL BE PLAYING THE GAME AS IF THERE IS

LADIES: VOTE FOR THE SCUMMIEST GENTLEMEN
GENTLEMEN: VOTE FOR TWO LADIES IN AN ORDERED PAIR FOR WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE LYNCHED

i will process all votes (lady vote susing a simple majority, gentlemen votes using an alternative voting system) AND DETERMINE THE OPTIMAL PAIRING OF GENTLEMEN-LADY

THIS WILL WORK PLEASE BELIEVE ME AND WIN THE GAME THANK YOU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)