Other Lower Tier Premier League III - Manager Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

s/o Ticken for the art

With Lower Tiers now officially out of SPL XII, this year will see the return of LTPL for the third time, however the format for this year will be quite a bit different. With a lot of tiers now out of SPL, alongside the want for a bit more inclusion, LTPL this year will be aiming to have the tiers UU, RU, NU, PU, Ubers, LC, DOU, BSS, and Monotype. In order to fit these tiers in, we could either give each tier one slot, and have it be 9 slots a week with one of each, or we can try out a different format that might be a bit more fun, and would still bring the spotlight to multiple tiers.

The format we are going to try this year will be the one used by a tour on a different forum (that appears to be missing now) called Origin Mixed League. Heres a rundown on how it will work. Prior to each week going up, the managers will get together and each side will pick 5 tiers that they want to play for the upcoming week, these two 5 tier selections are then combined, and we have our matchups for that week. Once managers know the 10 slots that they will be playing in the upcoming week, they will then submit a lineup with the roster that they draft to fill those 10 slots. I'll include a rundown of how it works in the hide tags.
On Saturday Team 1 picks the tiers UU NU PU LC and Ubers, while Team 2 picks RU NU PU BSS and Monotype. This means that this week, the week will look like.

UU: Team1 vs Team2
RU: Team1 vs Team2
NU: Team1 vs Team2
NU: Team1 vs Team2
PU: Team1 vs Team2
PU: Team1 vs Team2
LC: Team1 vs Team2
Ubers: Team1 vs Team2
BSS: Team1 vs Team2
Monotype: Team1 vs Team2

Managers then submit the lineups during Sunday, and they play throughout the week as usual.
Overall I think this format will be the most fun, and will lead to a lot of fun and interesting matchups, that would not be possible if we limited the tiers that were included in this tournament.

Now that all of that is out of the way, this thread will be for manager signups, and I am currently looking at having 8 teams for this tournament. 2 Managers are allowed for each team, but managers can sign up solo if they desire.

At this point I expect everyone who signs up to know what roles a manager is expected to fill, so I will not go in depth on it. Team names will be decided after managers are chosen, so no need to pick a team from last ltpl during signups as there will be no retains or linkage to the prior edition. This also means that managers from last time may not be given priority when it comes to managing this year, as it will all depend on current activity levels and playerbase/metagame knowledge. Managers will likely also be allowed to purchase themselves as well for a certain cost.

So with that, managers signups are now OPEN, and I implore anyone that even thinks they would have a small chance to apply, as you never know what could happen. I'm only going to leave manager signups open for a few days as I want to get this tour started asap, so don't hold back if you think you want to do it! And if you have any questions feel free to pm me on discord @shiloh#5526 as I will be the sole host this time as I don't plan to play or manage.

This thread will probably close this sunday, so good luck to everyone n_n​

Last edited:
I will be taking over a helm with Gummy, between me (previous managing experience, first ltpl co host, been in all lower tier pls) and gummy (type chart extraordinare) we should cover a good range of players and keep the activity running on our team. Since SPL won't have lower tiers us UNSPL metabeasts will take over this tour.

Speaking for myself a bit here, I have been involved in numerous tours both as a manager and a player. As manager, I have won 2017 LCPL and 2020 RU Snake, both times with significant activity in the chat and a fair amount of team building from myself as well. Besides those two, I have managed a few more LCPLs and am also currently captaining for RUWC.

I also think I have a good amount of experience in all lower tiers, besides BSS. Namely, I make it a point to try and be active in NU and PU subforum tours, while dabbling my feet in UUWC as well.

Gummy, while not as active in other tiers like I have, is one of the most active components of the LC community (Discord, PS Room, etc). Based on her activity in the LC subforum, I have no question that she will be an active driver of keeping our team chat active and motivated during the season, especially as SPL season starts and some players may become more busy there. I think with her activity along with my experience, similar enthusiasm, and knowledge of all tiers, we could make a solid manager pair that should be considered. Thanks for reading.

Team Name: Type Chart Tryhards

Last edited:
Expulso and I are signing up to manage a team c:

We both have managing experience as Expulso was a manager for the previous iteration of ru snake and we are both captains for our respective region in the current ruwc. We both participate in a wide variety of lower tier team tours (both of us are in a uu, ru, nu, pu tour and i'm also in a mono tour) and we are familiar with the other tiers as well. As (sort of) newer players ourself, we'd be eager to bring some new faces into the tour scene while drafting a strong and competitive team.

Last edited:

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
My friend Oathkeepre and myself would like to manage a team. I play pretty much every lower tier that is in the tour and have managed a lot of tours with plenty success in the past outside of smogon and recently helped pre much all the lower tiers in smogon snake draft for the current trophy holder the lindworms as well as helping tlenit win the last inthineration of NUL with teams and playing PUWC and NU snake. I can also add that i'm a TD in New Origin and fellow manager of the last intineration of the tour that gives this edition format, so i know very well the format and i can do very well on it. While oath, as more as a newer face for some people, has been one of the most active users in the lowers with tournament appearence in a lot of tiers and huge implication on discussion/projects throughtout them; to mention also that he's currently managing NU snake.

We are very passionate about lower tiers and will give it all if we get picked. Both known and new faces will merge together in a single winner team.

Team name tbd

We would cover every time easily as oath is from america and im european

edit: if we get picked i will r1 umbry so she finally l2p at once

Last edited:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Signing up to manage alongside martha

martha has managed a billion and one team tours (including currently managing a team in UU Snake, which I'm hosting) so that's where our experience in that regard comes from. She's a lot better at that part than I am. As for me, I've got a ton of knowledge on players of just about every tier represented in this format and I can play a lot of them at a pretty high level, particularly UU and RU, but I'm very familiar with the PU, LC, and Ubers communities. I've played in most of their subforum tours (UUPL/UUWC, PUPL/PUWC, RU Snake/RUWC, NU Snake, LCWC, nothing for ubers tho L) and (I like to think) I've been a good teammate every time. We're obviously both far more active than we should be and would put a ton of effort into putting together a great team with a positive environment and a drive to win. Thank you for considering o7

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
Signing up to manage alongside martha

martha has managed a billion and one team tours (including currently managing a team in UU Snake, which I'm hosting) so that's where our experience in that regard comes from. She's a lot better at that part than I am. As for me, I've got a ton of knowledge on players of just about every tier represented in this format and I can play a lot of them at a pretty high level, particularly UU and RU, but I'm very familiar with the PU, LC, and Ubers communities. I've played in most of their subforum tours (UUPL/UUWC, PUPL/PUWC, RU Snake/RUWC, NU Snake, LCWC, nothing for ubers tho L) and (I like to think) I've been a good teammate every time. We're obviously both far more active than we should be and would put a ton of effort into putting together a great team with a positive environment and a drive to win. Thank you for considering o7
confirming

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
I will be taking over a helm with Gummy, between me (previous managing experience, first ltpl co host, been in all lower tier pls) and gummy (type chart extraordinare) we should cover a good range of players and keep the activity running on our team. Since SPL won't have lower tiers us UNSPL metabeasts will take over this tour.

Team Name: Type Chart Tryhards
confirming!
i've been an active user in LC since late 2016 and would love to manage and meet people from other tiers :blobnom:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
he is experienced in a ton of lower tiers and his posts always get a lot of likes so he's gotta be good, right? i've managed an official (WCoP) and some unofficials. we have a good understanding of the lower tier playerbases and we will be active.
confirming, I mean it cant be that hard if Sensei Axew might

e: he wasn't in SPL but gonna do this w Bag of Trixx instead

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Id like to manage a team with gorex as assman

Managed a good couple of RU team tours, reached semis for UUWC, and have good experience on various different PLs in UU, NU, and PU; and won PSPL and have good abilities to communicate with anybody as long as they dont get on my nerves! Will make sure that anyone on the team have a good time no matter the outcome, ofc Ill like to win.

Team name: To be determined

gorex will cover the timezone Im not awake on, it is all tactical.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Id like to manage a team with gorex as assman

Managed a good couple of RU team tours, reached semis for UUWC, and have good experience on various different PLs in UU, NU, and PU; and won PSPL and have good abilities to communicate with anybody as long as they dont get on my nerves! Will make sure that anyone on the team have a good time no matter the outcome, ofc Ill like to win.

Team name: To be determined

gorex will cover the timezone Im not awake on, it is all tactical.
indeed

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Signing up to manage with berry. Have played in tons of low tier team tours for everything except DOU, managed Untier University to a victory in LTPL 1.5 aka Smogon Exhibition, and have also managed PUPL and OMPL and probably other stuff I forgot. berry has managed for many OM tours including OMPL and OMWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)