LudiImpact's Philly Seniors Warstory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, LudiImpact here with a warstory of Philly Seniors Regional. About a month or so before the regional, I decided to play the following team. It's the same core 4 Pokemon as Cybertron's RI team and 2 different Pokes. I will not be posting EVs or movesets because I'm not sure whether or not I will go to Nats.

Saturday

I pretty much packed my stuff and played a few practice games on PO. I was ready for the big day.

Sunday: The Big Day

So I woke up at 6 AM and got ready. I ate a small breakfast and left for Philly at around 6:45. I parked at around 8:20 and TheGr8 parked right across. I eventually found the entrance to the convention center and took the escalator up. I waited in line for a while and saw iss and TheGr8 and introduced myself. I forgot to take individual pics :( Waited in line more and finally got registered. I found a seat in the 2nd table and sat down next to TheHungerSnorlax. I was really bored when Vince (HitmonRocker) sat down across from me. He looked familiar so I asked if he was Vince and he was like " How do you know me?!?!?!? Are you a stalker??!!?!? Introduced myself and got to know him. He's an awesome guy! HitmonRocker and I just hang out with TheHungerSnorlax. Winding down to the last few minutes of registration, Vince sent me multiple times to see if Cybertron had registered. We were getting scared they might have cut the line short and he couldn't compete. Turns out they didn't. The announcer said there were 172 Seniors with 8 rounds. Eventually, pairings are up and I use my short advantage to try and get to the front. Lucky Aaron, your name is always on top. Vince and I would do our Pre-Round ritual. We would hug it out and say good luck. I go to my table and get ready for Round 1. This guy is double my height and looks like he's in his 20's.

Round 1 - LudiImpact/ Priten (0/0) vs. Sergio(0/0)
(is that how you spell it? and he was on Smogon)

I forgot to take notes this game, but I won 2-0.
1-0
Turns out Chuppa had his game right next to me. Vince and I quickly find each other and see we were both 1-0. TheHungerSnorlax was as well also all of the Smogoners. Nothing really happens between this round. Soon enough Round 2 pairings are up. I get to the front and see I'm paired with a random. HitmonRocker do our Pre-Game Ritual and go off to our games.

(pictures above the corresponding round)
Round 2 - LudiImpact/ Priten(1/0) vs. Jack (1/0)

Once again I don't take notes, but I easily 4-0d him.
2-0
Find Vince, he's 2-0 TheHungerSnorlax and Smogoners were as well. We realize we might start getting paired together and that it's only getting tougher. Talk to some Masters (I still don't know who they were, Vince help me out with this one. They were brothers I think and one had a camera.)
Soon enough pairings are up. Vince and I get in and see our pairings. HitmonRocker stares at me. He then screams that he is at Table 1! I'm happy for him. He's paired with Andrew. Pre-Game Ritual and then we're off.
(TheHungerSnorlax next to me and iss next to him)

Round 3 - LudiImpact/ Priten(2-0) vs. Graham Wilcox (2-0)
Chandelure, Amoonguss, Slowking, Hariyama, Snorlax, Rhyperior

I kinda started to take notes but I end up forgetting to finish.
Turn 1
Scrafty uses Fake Out on Amoonguss
Amoonguss Fliches
Chandelure uses Trick Room
Jellicent uses Trick Room
I lost the rest of my notes but I know I KO Chandy after 2 turns and freeze his Amoonguss on Turn 2. I slowly KO amoonguss and OHKO Slowking and Hariyama and win 4-0(it could of been 3-0)
3-0

I see TheHungerSnorlax won his game in like 2 turns or so. But, HitmonRocker lost. Ouch, he was in 1st/ 2nd. Most Smogoners were 3-0. I see I'm doing really good and a few Masters tell me I'm doing good. I get really nervous since I've never gone 4-0. We find Cybertron when I introduce myself. I eat lunch and by the time I get back from washing my hands, pairings are up. I couldn't get my Pre-Game Ritual. It was funny how this battle went.

Round 4- LudiImpact/ Priten (3-0) vs. Thomas Irwin (3-0)(THE WINNER OF THE WHOLE THING and is ManuFan on skarmbliss)

Going into this game I really pumped for my 3 victories in a row. I take this guy lightly. The game is pretty good, but I fall behind really quick. I come back into it when it's my Abomasnow vs. his Tyranitar that didn't have much HP. LISTEN TO ONE OF MY FEW MISHAPS TODAY. I don't think and accidentally ICE BEAM and try for freezing his T-tar. Now why is this bad. I should of Giga Drained for the KO and the win. Obviously, he doesn't freeze and I know I lost the game. Wow, I was close. Many people lost to him like Chuppa(Drifblim) and I actually almost beat him.
3-1
I find Vince and TheHungerSnorlax. Vince won, but TheHungerSnorlax lost. We're all 3-1 plus Cybertron and many others. After the game HitmonRocker and I tell each other that we have to win but we will most likely get paired. We're getting really scared. Then Blitzn'Burst shows up. He says he found a Espeon card on the ground and Lost and Found wouldn't take it. Vince took it and gave it to me. It was my Good Luck charm. We once again found Aaron and told him we're were 3-1. Aaron then comes up to me and hugs me and tells me why I didn't tell him I was small and adorable. He kinda apologizes for violating me. Soon pairings are up. Pre-Game ritual.

I'm screwed.

Round 5 - LudiImpact/ Priten (3-1) vs. Nate Nicaprio (3-1)(PungentFruit's Brother)

I didn't get any pics of this round but many people did. I also forgot a lot. I knew my Nats trip could be over. I start to play when he takes a 4-3 lead. TheGr8 and kinderlew show up and say hi to me while I play. I set up and start to KO. I freeze hax him which really meant the game. It was his Politoed(? help me on this one) vs. Abomasnow and Gallade(?). Apparently Trick Room was supposed to end that round but it didn't. He thought it was so he double protected to end TR. It didn't so he kinda was confused and in shock. I ended up winning 1-0/2-0 on a really good game!
4-1
I go to find HitmonRocker and TheHungerSnorlax. Vince won making him 4-1 as well, but Snorlax didn't going 3-2. Vince and I super scared again that we might get paired. We don't. Pre-Game Ritual. I get paired to the guy Snorlax lost to.

Vince in the bottom right.

Round 6- LudiImpact/ Priten (4-1) vs. David Sanchez (4-1)

Snorlax said his team was weird so I went in and he started Garchomp and Tyranitar. He Double Teams (I've never seen someone use Double Team) with Chomp and I FO T-Tar. Set Up TR. I pretty much sweep, but he takes a long time when he knew he lost. He kept protecting with one then attacking with the other.
5-1
I'm playing on the first table for a while so it's really awesome. HitmonRocker and I were happy but knowing we might get paired, but he's paired with PungentFruit.

HitmonRocker on my left.

Round 7- LudiImpact/ Priten (5-1) vs. Caleb (5-1)
The kid was saying he was gonna lose from the beginning. I hate it when people say that. I just lose in the end. So, the battle goes on it's pretty good leaning towards him, but one-sided at the end. Lost.
5-2
I can hear HitmonRocker getting haxed out. We're both 5-2 with Snorlax winning going 4-3. We all know we're not getting Top4 with the amount of 6-1's and 7-0's, but wanna do good and maybe Top 8. Pairings go up, luckily we don't pair, but guess who I got? Once again, I was screwed. Pre-Game Ritual and we're off.

Round 8- LudiImpact/ Priten (5-2) vs. Superpokemon67/ Jonathan Hiller(5-2)

Oh, his sister was 6-1 at this point. I was scared out of my mind. I go in knowing winner might get Top 8. I start Jellicent/Scrafty vs. his Togekiss/Chandelure. NOW, MY OTHER MISTAKE. So, I completely know he is gonna Imprison, but I still Trick Room. Obviously, he Imprisions. WHAT DID I DO WRONG THERE? I should of known Chandy was gonna do that and I should of Water Spouted for possibly the KO on Chandy and a possible KO next turn on Togekiss. The battle is one-sided and he wins.
Final Swiss Record: 5-3
I feel ok but not that awesome with two misplays costing me two games, but my opponents were VERY GOOD and I congratulate you guys for doing good. Vince wins so he ends 6-2 placing 18th and Snorlax wins and ends 5-3 placing 44th. Snorlax and Vince play for fun and Snorlax wins. I play Vince and win as well. We find out my Round 4 opponent won, PungentFruit got 2nd, Cybertron got 3rd, and Drifblim got 4th. We wait for final standings and I see I place 26th with the second highest seed with 5-3. I realize if I won one of my earlier matches, I could of Top 16 or even Top 8. I congratulate Cybertron and talk to Vince last minute. I say bye to everyone as I leave.

Pros-
Dad driving me
I went 3 rounds undefeated
I went 5-3

Cons-
No TV's
I went 5-3
Not staying for masters
Venue was kinda small to fit everyone
I was 5-1 and lost the rest.

Shoutouts:
(tell me if I forgot you)

Biosci- Thank you soooo much for RNGing and EV training my whole team. I couldn't even gone 5-3 without you!

HitmonRocker- Hey man, you were one of the best people I have ever met. It was nice meeting you and your mom and hanging out with you the whole tourney. Thanks for making it fun and exciting!

sandman- You were the best tutor on B202. Thanks for all the advice and tutoring!

Cybertron- You kinda violated me..... Nice meeting you and being one of the best Seniors ever! btw, you're the FIRST GUY to say I'm small and adorable.

Nachocheese999- thanks for having faith in me and hoping for me to do good!

I have to convince my parents in driving 8-10 hours for Indy. Congrats everyone and hopefully I can get to Nats and see you!

Great job yesterday bro! I know you'll do even better in upcoming vgc events. It was nice to meet you and I'll be rooting for you if you manage to make it to Nats! Oh I think I'm the master you were talking about in the Phily thread, I'll be posting all the pictures I took of the Seniors in my warstory.

Great job yesterday bro! I know you'll do even better in upcoming vgc events. It was nice to meet you and I'll be rooting for you if you manage to make it to Nats! Oh I think I'm the master you were talking about in the Phily thread, I'll be posting all the pictures took of the Seniors in my warstory.
Yeah your the master I was talking about. Thanks! and maybe see you at Nats!

Hey man, I was the guy hanging out with Chilebowl the majority of the time. I was wearing a blue cardigan with khaki pants. I was actually in the first picture in the round 5 section with Chilebowl looking at the camera.

It was nice meeting you man and I know you're going to be one of the top Seniors this year and your future years in Seniors! Good luck at Nationals!

Nice job Ludi! It was great meeting you irl. Also you knew I would Imprison, wat. I thought no one expected it :P. I hope you can come to nats. Also, Caleb (your round 7 opp) is GARCHOMPZILLA on here.

Nice warstory! Aah juniors, you had it easy, Masters was where the true challenge was at... :/

I probably met you but I forgot though. Still it's nice that you met so many peeps from Smogon :D

Oh, I didn't notice I had any games next to you. IF YOU HAD GIGA DRAINED CORRECTLY I MIGHT NOT HAVE LOST IN FINALS. Well, everyone's games could have been different based on the victor of any game, for all I know I could have played other skilled people and done worse. Thomas certainly played well, and I forgot a relatively important fact about my team in my game against him. Good warstory, look forward to seeing you at Nats if you attend it!

Rukario, yeah I remember you. You, me, Chilebowl, and HitmonRocker were hanging out in between rounds. Thanks for encouraging me when I lost and when I was 5-1.
SP67, I know some people on PO try and KO Jelli Turn 1. But, GG and Good Luck at Nats!
GARCHOMPZILLA, you jinxed me.... GG and Good Luck!
Driblim, if I Giga Drained, I could of been in Top 4. GG to him and Good Luck at Nats!

EDIT: Lucien, Cybertron raped me multiple times... jk jk Just that one time and I think once earlier
Good Job at Houston! Maybe see you at Nats!

that was you? dang.
I actually did think I was gonna lose, you fought the best out of any opponent I had that day. You should of won against thomas I think.
Hope you go to nationals, sorry about any jinx.

You're the cutest Senior I know. Cuter than Lucien, that's for sure.

Nice job bud! It was really nice meeting you, you were very different IRL than what I expected haha! I really hope to see you in future VGCs, hopefully we can hang out more in the future as well :) Nice team btw ^^

You're the cutest Senior I know. Cuter than Lucien, that's for sure.

Nice job bud! It was really nice meeting you, you were very different IRL than what I expected haha! I really hope to see you in future VGCs, hopefully we can hang out more in the future as well :) Nice team btw ^^
Hahahaha thanks! That team was the only one working so I went with it. Thanks I'm the CUTEST!!! Not sure if I'm cuter than Babbytron.... Yup, Babbytron is cuter :) btw, I told him I'd get him in the newspaper if he won Worlds!

I like reading these, you guys seem to have so much fun meeting eah other. It really makes me mad that my parents have to back out at the end saying they didnt like the area...

Oh, I didn't notice I had any games next to you. IF YOU HAD GIGA DRAINED CORRECTLY I MIGHT NOT HAVE LOST IN FINALS. Well, everyone's games could have been different based on the victor of any game, for all I know I could have played other skilled people and done worse. Thomas certainly played well, and I forgot a relatively important fact about my team in my game against him. Good warstory, look forward to seeing you at Nats if you attend it!
Not trying to be rude but, that's not what happened anyway... First, he used blizzard to attack both my pokes. I had Meta and TTar in the sand to his Abomasnow. He goes for the ko on my low hp Meta and fishes for the freeze on TTar. He didnt get it. Second, if he had gone for giga drain, my Meta would have ko Abomasnow w/ bullet punch.

Not trying to be rude but, that's not what happened anyway... First, he used blizzard to attack both my pokes. I had Meta and TTar in the sand to his Abomasnow. He goes for the ko on my low hp Meta and fishes for the freeze on TTar. He didnt get it. Second, if he had gone for giga drain, my Meta would have ko Abomasnow w/ bullet punch.
Thanks for clearing that up. I seriously don't remember anything. I thought I had Ice Beamed but you cleared that up so thanks! and GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)