ORAS Ubers Lulzy Aggro

Hello, RMT! Second thread from me, and this time I come not for OU advice, but for help improving this Ubers squad! It's a pretty vicious collection of threats, but I would like to finetune it. The gameplan is simple: set up rocks, use gengar and darkrai to remove pokemon that would trouble the sweepers, revenge kill (and get free kills from ppl misplaying around scarf) with xerneas... If those mons don't kill the opponent outright, we have rock polish groudon and swords dance arceus to clean up shop. Without further ado, the team!

Let's go through the team one by one:

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

This guy is 'nasty.' Dark Void can knock formidable threats out of commision AND deal damage (yay). Nasty plot goes hand in hand with that move, obviously. Dark Pulse is dark STAB, and sludge bomb is to pick off unsuspecting fairies who think they can pick off darkrai. The joke is on you, geomancy xerneas!

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Soooo good. If you can set up rock polish/swords dance it's absolutely vicious; even if you can't, precipice blades... well, precipice blades. Rock slide helps with flying, and I value the extra accuracy compared with stone edge, which always seems to miss when I use it.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Another ridiculous sweeper. Extreme speed even unboosted can pick off weakened enemies. Often can come in after deoxys-attack finally dies to extreme the last chunk of health off. Earthquake allows it to take on groudon and shadow claw prevents ghost walls. I don't know what else to stay, just standard swords dance arceus here.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed

A suicide lead that ain't so suicidal-- in other words, this guy, like Boromir, can take a lot of hits before going down, sometimes taking down half the enemy squad with the power of psycho boost and the priority reach of extreme speed. Also handles geomancy xerneas very well. Knock off the power herb to make geomancy a massive tempo loss (and so xerneas can't switch out) then psycho boost it to death. I love this guy.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder

Nobody expects the scarfed Xerneas! (But actually). This fella prompts lots of misplays. People assume they can outspeed it when they can't. To give one example: against Darkrai's that run sludge bomb (like my own), you can switch it in. The opponent, assuming it to be a geomancy set, leaves in the darkrai, thinking they're tricking me by bombing the xerneas. Then BOOM! Picked off with a moonblast. Thunder provides coverage against flying and is great in kyogre's rain.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Prior to mega-evolving, this ghosty can soak up a precipice blades with levitate. Then, with shadow tag, he can be switched in strategically to trap the member of the enemy team my sweepers will have the biggest trouble with. Taunt is always useful, naturally, especially for forcing passive walls to trip destiny bond and go down in a gengar suicide pact.

I can't wait to hear your suggestions for improving this squad! Thanks,
-Simonquinlank

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Hi, Simonquinlank nice team.

So to first say that in my opinion Scarf Xern should take with Sleep Talk by successfully Thunder to fit Darkrai Dark Void. It is a very annoying pokémon in Ubers and you always have to think about bringing something to address it. Aromatherapy can be risky but Scarf beneficial if you get it right. I worry a bit about your spam Ground, very present through PDon. You have nothing except Gengar before being mega. Well, I've seen you wear Stealth Rock in Deoxys-A, it is not bad but is not presented every day. But to my taste it would change to PDon and put some more offensive and coverage Deoxys-A. For example Low Kick or Superpower. Theirs would be the power, the other only serves by weight. With Sash lose offensive presence, but being so fragile can surprise and take something ahead. You must be careful with Geomancy Xern too. You have to PDon reliable, Gengar and many things if this is not +2. And so personally I would remove that set by another more effective in supporting. I add more than one template on PDon sets, then depending on how you look or want can keep the one that best suits. One is defensive and the other otherwise offensive.

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume / Rock Slide
- Roar / Thunder Wave / Dragon Tail

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail / Fire Punch
- Stone Edge / Rock Tomb

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I don't think Deoxys-a is the best member for this team, especially for a rocks lead, since it's inconsistent at getting rocks up, your match up versus Ho-oh balance seems pretty rough, sleep talk Xerneas gives free turns to Ho-oh and this could prove very critical if rocks are defogged away; you're literally forced to trade Mega Gengar away to deal with Ho-Oh. Mega Salamence also seems very threatening to this team if it manages to set up as you have little counter play and your team would appreciate a solid answer to it. I am suggesting Shuca Berry Dialga over Deoxys-Attack, Dialga is a pretty solid Stealth Rock setter for Hyper Offense teams giving you a solid Mega Salamence answer with Shuca Berry, allowing Dialga to also take one Ground move from the likes of Primal Groudon and the uncommon Earthquake from a Salamence that has managed to set up, Dialga is a much more consistent Stealth Rock setter that allows you to deal with all common Defoggers such as Giratina-O and Support Arceus formes and enables you to actually setup rocks against Magic Bouncers (Diancie and Sableye) and allows you to keep Rock Polish Primal Groudon.

This looks more like a build where Mega Salamence over Mega Gengar is best suited aswell; your team could really do with a Ground Immunity, Opposing Rock Polish Groudon really threatens to sweep your team since you have no reliable answer. Mega Salamence also deals with the Ho-oh weakness of the team that was mentioned earlier aswell, provides a check to Primal Groudon while still being able to check Extreme Killer Arceus like Gengar while providing with a Ground immunity, Mega Salamence also helps punch holes in opposing teams giving more room for Primal Groudon and Extreme Killer Clean up mid-late game.

Other optimisations I would make to this team is removing coverage off Xerneas, just running Sleep Talk Moonblast with Choice Scarf Xerneas enabling you to reliably deal with opposing Darkrai and help manage offense teams better. I would also run Thunder over Sludge bomb on Darkrai, Thunder gives much superior coverage, Sludge Bombs only target is Xerneas, Thunder helps you out with Ho-oh matchup even more, hits Klefki Neutrally, while hitting Primal Kyogre and Yveltal super effectively. Finally, I would suggest running Stone Edge over Shadow Claw on Extreme Killer Arceus, With Darkrai and Dialga to deal with Giratina and Arceus Ghost respectively, Shadow Claw somewhat becomes wasted coverage, Stone Edge allows Extreme Killer Arceus to hit Yveltal super effectively, hits Lugia harder than Shadow Claw, giving it a chance to OHKO at +2 after Stealth Rock.

Overview of changes

• Change Deoxys-Attack to Dialga
  • Change Mega Gengar to Mega Salamence
  • Consider Thunder over Sludge Bomb on Darkrai
  • Run Sleep talk Moonblast on Xerneas and remove it's coverage moves
  • Consider Stone Edge over Shadow Claw on Arceus
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Roost
- Double-Edge

Good luck with your team!

Last edited:
Hi hi Simon!
I agree with Cranham, Deoxys-A doesn't fit here; as rock setter isn't that great because of bad match up versus Mega Kangaskhan, Cloyster, Mega Sableye and Ho-Oh. The threats I have mentioned can break easily focus sash making Deoxy-A useless this is why Deoxys-S is even better as Entry Hazard Lead. My point isn't suggest Deoxys-S, the best pokémon as Stealth Rock setter is definitely Shuca Berry Dialga is a cool mon to use in HO (Cranham has already explained why) so yup I'd follow Cranham's suggestion.

Since PDon is indeed threatening and Dialga survive to 1 ground move, you should take out Darkrai and put Life Orb Yveltal; this pokémon helps pressuring your opponent, Dark Pulse as STAB hits SpD PDon pretty hard offering a 2HKOs; you can also Knock Off Ho-Ohs, Xerneas preventing Geomancy and Klefki (if you predict the switch)
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Moves suggestions!

~Protect>Taunt on Mega Gengar. Protect guarantees its mega Evolution, helps to outspeed the opposing Ekiller and revenge it.
~Moonblast and Sleep Talk on Xerneas. Two moves works better on Choice Scarf Xerneas; its others moves as coverage can miss, just think if Xerneas is asleep and doesn't hit you'd be in an awkward position and probably your opponent can boost one of his/her pokemon infront of it.

That's all, hope I helped, good luck with your team. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)