Lure That Threat [That's All, Folks! (Paused For BSPL)]

Gravity/Smack Down Landorus. As a pure lure I think this one is the best. landorus can run so many viable sets that it's impossible to expect gravity or smack down. A lot of teams use celsteela as their only ground resist and this set can break those teams with ease. 1 thing i'd change, z ground over skystrike. +2 tech rage from adamant lando can beat p2 and bulu (which are common partners for celesteela).

1 thing i'd change, z ground over skystrike. +2 tech rage from adamant lando can beat p2 and bulu (which are common partners for celesteela).
The problem with that is +2 tecrage is a roll vs max HP Bulu and even slightly bulkier bulu sets tank it with ease. Meanwhile +0 skystrike does massive overkill damage to even max defense impish sets, which is important if, say, your opponent leads bulu as you lead lando. Also skystrike and tecrage do practically the same damage to P2.

+1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 141-166 (73.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 136-162 (71.2 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(it traces intimidate, which is always annoying)

+2 252+ Atk Landorus-T Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 161-189 (90.9 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Bulu: 234-276 (132.2 - 155.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
wadusher's Gravity/Smack Down Landorus. I would switch a healthy Celesteela in on Lando every time lol.

edit: I didn't realize the celesteela in the OP was specifically Phys Def and just assumed we needed to lure any Celesteela - PhysDef or SpD.

changing my vote to cant say's Electrium Lele because that just obliterates PhysDef and can actually KO SpD Cele with z-bolt into psychic. A true lure for PhysDef and a pretty good one for SpD too.

Last edited:
wadusher's Gravity / Smack Down Lando

This is a pretty neat set that most people wouldn't expect, which makes is an amazing lure.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not butthurt my set isn't being voted on, but it surprises me that people are jumping on the Lando bandwagon. Sure it lures Steela in, but it can't beat Steela in less than 3 turns. You need to set Gravity / use Smack Down, then either 2HKO with Earthquake or SD once and OHKO. To me this doesn't achieve the goal of luring, because as soon as your oppoenent sees Gravity / gets hit with Smack Down they'll avoid sending/keeping Steela in...

No one is sending their physdef Steela into P2, Mega Gengar, or Suicune. This leaves me with Steel With It's Nihilego to vote for. I like this because physdef Steela is often a good option to send in when your opp has a Nihilego on the field because unboosted Power Gem bounces off. Steela would then normally stay in and fire off a Leech Seed / Heavy Slam / Substitute, but instead this Nihi actually destroys it with Electrium Z, achieving the goal of luring in Steela and KOing it...

Even if the Steela protects first to scout the Nihilego, Power Gem on the switch in + Z move into Protect + Thunder kills.

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I'm going with Steel With It's Nihilego for this one. As much as I like Electrium Lele, I wouldn't switch in physdef Steela in Lele until I figured it's not Specs, as Psychic does a ton and HP Fire/Thunderbolt is actually a 2HKO unless you EV Steela for it. Specs Nihilego is a thing I've yet to see, so it's "safer" to switch in on it.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
Congratulations to Steel With It and cant say for winning with Electrium Z Nihilego and Electrium Z Tapu Lele, respectively! Your submissions will be logged into the archive!

Now it's time to take down BSS' most iconic wall since ORAS!

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download / Trace
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic / Discharge
- Foul Play

Lack of weaknesses in tandem with good bulk and Eviolite make this haxduck a monster to take down. (Frozen-) solid attacking move in Ice Beam, an infuriating Toxic, and Foul Play stopping setup from physical attackers make this digital duck all the more difficult to dismantle. In what way will you stop this cyborg bird? Submissions will close and voting will begin Thursday evening. Good luck!​

Last edited:

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

That's the set you hope your opp isn't running when you sen P2 against it. Outside of Toxic/Hammer Arm, Metagross can only hope for some flinches as Foul Play 2HKOes it.

chemcoop

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader

Mamoswine @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

P2 is a pretty great switch in to Mamo's EQ right? WRONG! EQ into z-Superpower from Adamant Mamoswine takes down haxduck ez pz.

252+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 164+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 52-63 (27.2 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Mamoswine All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 244 HP / 164+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 134-158 (70.1 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Roll is ~97.3-115.6% - odds I would definitely take.

Plus if your P2 takes 30% from EQ, you're totally staying in the next turn to just Recover, so there should be no chance of your opp switching out.

edit: fixed calcs for the updated set. Doesn't guarantee the OHKO anymore but it's a really good chance if you look at the calcs.

Last edited:
salamence-mega.png

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 44 Atk / 220 SpD / 236 Spe
Careful Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Toxic
A really stupid cool set for mence. 220 Special Defense EVs with a Careful nature gets the attack boost for P2, and also lets you set up on Scarf Tapu Lele as a bonus. 236 Speed EVs let you outspeed Garchomp. The rest goes into Attack. You use Toxic on the Porygon2 switch in then spam Roost. Just don't get frozen. Even with not much investment into Attack, mence is still really good so this isn't just a meme set.
0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 220+ SpD Salamence-Mega: 112-136 (65.4 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 220+ SpD Salamence-Mega: 56-68 (32.7 - 39.7%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO (Roosting)
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 220+ SpD Mega Salamence: 144-170 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
View attachment 111049
EVs: 52 Atk / 220 SpD / 236 Spe
Careful Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Toxic
A really stupid cool set for mence. 220 Special Defense EVs with a Careful nature gets the attack boost for P2, and also lets you set up on Scarf Tapu Lele almost all of the time as a bonus. 236 Speed EVs let you outspeed Garchomp. The rest goes into Attack. You use Toxic on the Porygon2 switch in then spam Roost. Just don't get frozen. Even with not much investment into Attack, mence is still really good so this isn't just a meme set.
0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 220+ SpD Salamence-Mega: 112-136 (65.8 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 220+ SpD Salamence-Mega: 56-68 (32.9 - 40%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO (Roosting)
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 220+ SpD Salamence-Mega: 144-170 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Is it worth moving 4 EVs from attack to HP to get rid of the 6.3% roll on lele's moonblast?
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 220+ SpD Mega Salamence: 144-170 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Garbagel, why use Special Defensively Mega Salamence when you Specially Defensive Mega Altaria? Mega Altaria has much higher special bulk and a much better typing, lacking a quad weakness to ice, and has much better support move pool.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 36 SpA / 224 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm/Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice/Return
- Roost
- Toxic
- Heal Bell/Cotton Guard/Perish Song/Haze

0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 236 HP / 228+ SpD Altaria-Mega: 52-62 (28.8 - 34.4%) -- 3.3% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 236 HP / 228+ SpD Altaria-Mega: 128-152 (71.1 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Attachments

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
Hey, Leader Wallace! I appreciate the nomination, but sadly I'm going to have to veto it; Toxic is seems to be quite common on Mega Altaria,
#5 Toxic 26.97342324474415%
and not a great deal of investment is needed to take an Ice Beam.
0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Altaria-Mega: 68-82 (45.3 - 54.6%) -- 54.7% chance to 2HKO

Note that this has 0 bulk.
Feel free to make another nomination, though. Let's just try not to put down other people's submissions, OK? :)

Also, on a side note, I put down the wrong Porygon2 spread: instead of 244 HP / 100 Def / 164 SpD, it should've been, and now is, 244 HP / 164 Def / 100 SpD. All currently accepted nominations should be fine, though.

Last edited:
Hey, Leader Wallace! I appreciate the nomination, but sadly I'm going to have to veto it; Toxic is seems to be quite common on Mega Altaria,
#5 Toxic 26.97342324474415%
and not a great deal of investment is needed to take an Ice Beam.
0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Altaria-Mega: 68-82 (45.3 - 54.6%) -- 54.7% chance to 2HKO

Note that this has 0 bulk.
Feel free to make another nomination, though. Let's just try not to put down other people's submissions, OK? :)

Also, on a side note, I put down the wrong Porygon2 spread: instead of 244 HP / 100 Def / 164 SpD, it should've, and now is, 244 HP / 164 Def / 100 SpD. All currently accepted nominations should be fine, though.
Alright, Fine.

Here's another set:
Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fissure
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind/Yawn

Porygon2 usually wins 1v1 against Hippo, but no unless you have Fissure!; it turns Hippowdown into a fierceful stallbreaker.
Calcs: 0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 64-76 (29.7 - 35.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Landorus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Tomb / Stealth Rock / Stone Edge / Explosion

Ok so hear me out, the reason I nominated this over SD + Groundium / Flyinium is because if you SD on the P2 switch, a good player may switch out to scout for the Z move, and then you've lost your OHKO option and will die to Ice Beam when P2 comes back in. Z Superpower KOes after you hit P2 on the switch with EQ, which is pretty much always staying in in that scenario to Recover off the damage / Toxic a switch in.

252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 164+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 58-69 (30.3 - 36.1%) -- 38.3% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Landorus-T All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 244 HP / 164+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 144-170 (75.3 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

even Stone Edge + Z move can pick up the KO with good damage rolls

252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 244 HP / 164+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 39-46 (20.4 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
Good idea, but you're forgetting about Trace, meaning your lando would be intimidated, so your calcs would look like this if you don't u-turn out of there and somehow come back in safely.

-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 162+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 39-46 (20.4 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 244 HP / 162+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 98-116 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Maybe put knock off as a slash on the last move to compensate? This gives you essentially the same damage from All Out Pummeling that your non-intimidated lando ends up with.

-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 244 HP / 162+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 25-30 (13 - 15.7%) -- possible 7HKO
-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 244 HP / 162+ Def Porygon2: 146-172 (76.4 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It would also be wise to update your damage calculator to include trace and take it into account for situations like this, but that's another story.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi

Golisopod @ Any of the good Golisopod items really
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave / Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet / Leech Life / Sucker Punch

Quite plain and simple, Knock Off removes P2's Eviolite, drastically reducing its walling capabilities. P2 is quite inclined to switch into Golisopod due to it taking little from even a Banded First Impression and healing off the damage. Knock Off itself has low usage as well. Admittedly, Golisopod won't be breaking P2 too well itself without the help of a Choice Band or Z Crystal, but teammates such as Tapu Lele will be able to pressure P2 far more easily with its Eviolite gone.

All right, submissions are now closed! There are to be no edits of your own Pokemon, nor are there to be any new submissions A few quick things to note;
  • Voting will close on Sunday, where the next Lure That Threat will also be announced.
  • You can't vote for your own submission
  • You can only change your vote once, so think carefully before doing so
  • You can vote even if you haven't made a submission. It is expected that you vote if you did submit yourself, but not compulsory

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

That's the set you hope your opp isn't running when you sen P2 against it. Outside of Toxic/Hammer Arm, Metagross can only hope for some flinches as Foul Play 2HKOes it.

Mamoswine @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

P2 is a pretty great switch in to Mamo's EQ right? WRONG! EQ into z-Superpower from Adamant Mamoswine takes down haxduck ez pz.

252+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 164+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 52-63 (27.2 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Mamoswine All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 244 HP / 164+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 134-158 (70.1 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Roll is ~97.3-115.6% - odds I would definitely take.

Plus if your P2 takes 30% from EQ, you're totally staying in the next turn to just Recover, so there should be no chance of your opp switching out.

edit: fixed calcs for the updated set. Doesn't guarantee the OHKO anymore but it's a really good chance if you look at the calcs.
View attachment 111049
EVs: 4 HP / 44 Atk / 220 SpD / 236 Spe
Careful Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Toxic
A really stupid cool set for mence. 220 Special Defense EVs with a Careful nature gets the attack boost for P2, and also lets you set up on Scarf Tapu Lele as a bonus. 236 Speed EVs let you outspeed Garchomp. The rest goes into Attack. You use Toxic on the Porygon2 switch in then spam Roost. Just don't get frozen. Even with not much investment into Attack, mence is still really good so this isn't just a meme set.
0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 220+ SpD Salamence-Mega: 112-136 (65.4 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 220+ SpD Salamence-Mega: 56-68 (32.7 - 39.7%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO (Roosting)
Alright, Fine.

Here's another set:
Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fissure
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind/Yawn

Porygon2 usually wins 1v1 against Hippo, but no unless you have Fissure!; it turns Hippowdown into a fierceful stallbreaker.
Calcs: 0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 64-76 (29.7 - 35.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Golisopod @ Any of the good Golisopod items really
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave / Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet / Leech Life / Sucker Punch

Quite plain and simple, Knock Off removes P2's Eviolite, drastically reducing its walking capabilities. P2 is quite inclined to switch into Golisopod due to it taking little from even a Banded First Impression and healing off the damage. Knock Off itself has low usage as well. Admittedly, Golisopod won't be breaking P2 too well itself without the help of a Choice Band or Z Crystal, but teammates such as Tapu Lele will be able to pressure P2 far more easily with its Eviolite gone.

This was a tough choice between Toxic Mega Salamence and Toxic Mega Metagross, but I think my own vote will be going to Garbagel's Toxic Mega Salamence. Although being vulnerable to Toxic is a bit sketchy (perhaps grounds for Facade > Return, but both situational and subjective), the pressure that it exerts on other usual checks such as Zapdos and Cresselia, forcing them to recover more often, gives Mega Salamence more setup opportunities, making it deadlier for the rest of the team as its Mence check is slowly whittled down.

chemcoop

Community Leader
TFA's Mega Metagross. Toxic Mega Meta > Toxic Mega Mence because Mega Meta doesn't really mind giving up a slot for Toxic as much as Mence does. Removing either Sub or DD from bulky Mence's arsenal weakens its effectiveness, while Mega Meta essentially has two free slots for coverage moves after including Iron Head and Ice Punch.

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
Chemcoop's Mamoswine

Like Metagross, Mamoswine doesn't mind what move goes in the 4th slot. Just Knock Off would be fine, but Z-Superpower is :fire: and also mishes Ferro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)