Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic

They think they wall you, so they switch in. Then they eat a Toxic and die a slow and painful death while you sit there walling them!

Reserving Raikou

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

Unfortunately, Raikou seems overshadowed by more offensive Electric types and Tapu Koko and Xurkitree. However, with solid 90/75/100/ bulk, Raikou solid Toxic Staller. While it faces competition from Thundurus and Zapdos as Toxic Staller, Raikou lacks a Rock and Ice weakness, with an actual resistence to Electric, allowing it to fare better against the likes Koko and Xurkitree.

Anyway, switch Raikou into something like Tapu Fini then use Substitute or Toxic as Landorus-T switches in. Just stall it out with Substitute and Protect.

Last edited:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 172 HP / 220 Atk / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect

+1 220 Atk Gliscor Ice Fang vs. 212 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 192-228 (100.5 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO :mish:
Speed just to outspeed max Heatran, rest dumped into HP.

Last edited:

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 188 HP / 44 Def / 12 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Perish Song
- Protect / Substitute / Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball / Sludge Bomb / Hex
- Reflect Type

Dodge EQ, Perish Song, gg

(s/o to Devilican for finding the spread, which eats a +2 Mimikyu Shadow Sneak!)

All right, submissions are now closed! There are to be no edits of your own Pokemon, nor are there to be any new submissions A few quick things to note;
  • Voting will close on Sunday, where the next Lure That Threat will also be announced.
  • You can't vote for your own submission
  • You can only change your vote once, so think carefully before doing so
  • You can vote even if you haven't made a submission. It is expected that you vote if you did submit yourself, but not compulsory

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic

They think they wall you, so they switch in. Then they eat a Toxic and die a slow and painful death while you sit there walling them!
Reserving Raikou

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

Unfortunately, Raikou seems overshadowed by more offensive Electric types and Tapu Koko and Xurkitree. However, with solid 90/75/100/ bulk, Raikou solid Toxic Staller. While it faces competition from Thundurus and Zapdos as Toxic Staller, Raikou lacks a Rock and Ice weakness, with an actual resistence to Electric, allowing it to fare better against the likes Koko and Xurkitree.

Anyway, switch Raikou into something like Tapu Fini then use Substitute or Toxic as Landorus-T switches in. Just stall it out with Substitute and Protect.
View attachment 114712
Hippowdon @ Icium Z
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off

0 Atk Hippowdon Subzero Slammer (120 BP) vs. 212 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 216-256 (113 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO

stay frosty

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 172 HP / 220 Atk / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect

+1 220 Atk Gliscor Ice Fang vs. 212 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 192-228 (100.5 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO :mish:
Speed just to outspeed max Heatran, rest dumped into HP.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 188 HP / 44 Def / 12 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect / Substitute / Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball / Sludge Bomb / Hex
- Reflect Type

Dodge EQ, Perish Song, gg

(s/o to Devilican for finding the spread, which eats a +2 Mimikyu Shadow Sneak!)

Vote will be going to cant say's Curse Hippowdon. I've played around with a similar set and it seems quite nice on paper. I just dunno how necessary Icium Z is when Landorus-T is setup bait anyways, but I'll let that slide.

If I may, I would vote for Darkinium’s Reflect Type Gengar

On the basis that it’s the kind of thing I’d fall for totally and has enough hint of meme to make me chuckle.

I like two sets, the reflect type mega gar and the icium hippo, the former I think is really cool, the latter is what I will be voting for.

I do think that most of those sets have a big pitfall, which is u-turn on AV lando. For example, Lando can just u-turn out on mega gengar which loses its stab and u-turn from lando also breaks raikous sub, making sub-stalling kind of obsolete once you reveal sub/toxic/protect you've really pigeonholed yourself in. Obviously these are all great in 1v1 scenarios. I feel like standard max HP Gliscor also beats AV lando as is as you get a free substitute as Rock tomb and u-turn do not break sub and you can stall Lando that way rather than SD + Ice Fang.

For me, the one I'd get caught out by the most is Cant Say's Icium-Z hippo, though hippo normally does very little to lando, I guess lando also does little back so it can be one of those safer low risk plays. I do like the idea of curse on Hippo too. So I will vote for that.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
Congratulations to cant say for winning with Icium Z Curse Hippowdon! Your submission will be logged into the archive!

This week is another long-time Battle Spot Singles mainstay!

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon​

Submissions will close and voting will begin Thursday, good luck!​

Volcarona @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 196 HP / 156 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain / Bug Buzz / Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Heatran walls Volcarona all day, right? Free Kill! But not if it carries HP ground...

4 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. +1 196 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 76-92 (41 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
156+ SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ground vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 104-124 (52.7 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 156+ SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ground vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 152-180 (77.1 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Z mirror move tapu Koko Heatran resists both of tapu kokos stab so it can just come in and earth power right? Wrong this happens to specially defensive Heatran
252 SpA Tapu Koko Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 428-504 (110.8 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Note this is actually mirror move copying tectonic rage

Set

Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Mirror Move
- Wild Charge
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird
With z mirror move still being a oko on Heatran even without special attack nature it leaves the opportunity to sweep with the plus 2 attack

Last edited:

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
View attachment 115578

Z mirror move tapu Koko Heatran resists both of tapu kokos stab so it can just come in and earth power right? Wrong this happens to specially defensive Heatran
252+ SpA Tapu Koko Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 476-564 (123.6 - 146.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Hey! I like the nomination, but your post needs to include an importable set, which looks something like the Heatran set I used to kick off the week:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

(Also, as a sidenote Tapu Koko doesn't necessarily need to copy Earth Power to lure Heatran, as a +2 Wild Charge is still doing quite a lot.)

Hey! I like the nomination, but your post needs to include an importable set, which looks something like the Heatran set I used to kick off the week:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

(Also, as a sidenote Tapu Koko doesn't necessarily need to copy Earth Power to lure Heatran, as a +2 Wild Charge is still doing quite a lot.)
Oo ok i will fix

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Stomping Tantrum

Do you totally despise BuluTran and want to mish them in one slot? This one has you covered!

0 Atk Amoonguss Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 96-116 (48.4 - 58.5%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And in case you hit the unsuspecting Heatran on switch-in with the Poison move:

0 Atk Amoonguss Stomping Tantrum(150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 188-224 (94.9 - 113.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Volcarona really is the best lure, but I kinda disagree with PPB's set. If this is against the spirit of the thread then i'll delete and let him have it, but I prefer this when I use HP ground:

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Subsitute
- Hidden Power Ground

The only thing I don't like about HP Ground is that it leaves you weak to Mega Mence, which basically becomes a counter and can get a free DD / Sub on non-HP Ice Volc. Swarm Z Bug Buzz remedies this, so you can bop the Mence/Tran cores!

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 20 SpA / 84 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

0- Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 136-160 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It comfortably 2HKOs with no risk of missing. Heatran in retaliation can Lava Plume for less than 25% or Toxic but little else.
I've used this myself a fair amount on Naganadel teams to lure and weaken Heatran among other things.
Most of the details don't matter, EQ is the important bit, but the EV's for this one survive a 252+ Salamence DEdge and KOs back with HP Ice (15/16 to KO vs 4/0). Also Survives Koko Tbolt if there's no boosting item and OHKOs that with Sun Flamethrower.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Both Choice Scarf and Choice Specs Tapu Lele are pretty shaky against Heatran, even when using Focus Blast. Not only do you need to predict its switch-in, but afterward you're also locked into a move exploitable by many, many Pokemon. Calm Mind + Fightinium Z makes the matchup easier by, 1: Calm Mind easing predictions, and 2: +1 All-Out Pummeling OHKOing Heatran. Alternate spreads for this set include straightforward 252 SpA / 252 Spe, as well as that other bulky Tapu Lele spread I can never get myself to remember :psyduck:

All right, submissions are now closed! There are to be no edits of your own Pokemon, nor are there to be any new submissions A few quick things to note;
  • Voting will close on Sunday, where the next Lure That Threat will also be announced.
  • You can't vote for your own submission
  • You can only change your vote once, so think carefully before doing so
  • You can vote even if you haven't made a submission. It is expected that you vote if you did submit yourself, but not compulsory

Volcarona @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 196 HP / 156 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain / Bug Buzz / Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Heatran walls Volcarona all day, right? Free Kill! But not if it carries HP ground...

4 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. +1 196 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 76-92 (41 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
156+ SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ground vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 104-124 (52.7 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 156+ SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ground vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 152-180 (77.1 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 428-504 (110.8 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Set

Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Mirror Move
- Wild Charge
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird
With z mirror move still being a oko on Heatran even without special attack nature it leaves the opportunity to sweep with the plus 2 attack

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Stomping Tantrum

Do you totally despise BuluTran and want to mish them in one slot? This one has you covered!

0 Atk Amoonguss Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 96-116 (48.4 - 58.5%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And in case you hit the unsuspecting Heatran on switch-in with the Poison move:

0 Atk Amoonguss Stomping Tantrum(150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 188-224 (94.9 - 113.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
Volcarona really is the best lure, but I kinda disagree with PPB's set. If this is against the spirit of the thread then i'll delete and let him have it, but I prefer this when I use HP ground:

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Subsitute
- Hidden Power Ground

The only thing I don't like about HP Ground is that it leaves you weak to Mega Mence, which basically becomes a counter and can get a free DD / Sub on non-HP Ice Volc. Swarm Z Bug Buzz remedies this, so you can bop the Mence/Tran cores!

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 20 SpA / 84 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

0- Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 136-160 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It comfortably 2HKOs with no risk of missing. Heatran in retaliation can Lava Plume for less than 25% or Toxic but little else.
I've used this myself a fair amount on Naganadel teams to lure and weaken Heatran among other things.
Most of the details don't matter, EQ is the important bit, but the EV's for this one survive a 252+ Salamence DEdge and KOs back with HP Ice (15/16 to KO vs 4/0). Also Survives Koko Tbolt if there's no boosting item and OHKOs that with Sun Flamethrower.

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Both Choice Scarf and Choice Specs Tapu Lele are pretty shaky against Heatran, even when using Focus Blast. Not only do you need to predict its switch-in, but afterward you're also locked into a move exploitable by many, many Pokemon. Calm Mind + Fightinium Z makes the matchup easier by, 1: Calm Mind easing predictions, and 2: +1 All-Out Pummeling OHKOing Heatran. Alternate spreads for this set include straightforward 252 SpA / 252 Spe, as well as that other bulky Tapu Lele spread I can never get myself to remember :psyduck:

My vote will be going to

EDIT: accidentally posted this before I was finished, oops :psynervous: Will decide my vote later.

EDIT 2: tough between SubSwarm Volcarona and EQ Mega Charizard Y, but I think I've gotta go for cant say's SubSwarm HP Ground Volcarona. Substitute eases up predictions, and SubSwarm is quite solid overall, mishing most things with Bug Buzz and sorta removing the necessity of Fire-type STAB.

Last edited:
cant say's SubSwarm HP Ground Volcarona

Not having to switch out mid volc sweep to deal with tran is really nice. I'm voting for cant say's volc set because I think being able to deal with mega mence is pretty important too.

voting for Sub swarm hidden power ground Volcarona
Edit scratch that after voting I realized no one's going to bring in Heatran on Volcarona because they just stall other out so instead I am voting for stomping tantrum amoonguss because if you go for a poison move on the switch in The Stomping tantrum has a chance to Ohko

Last edited:
Voting for Jhon's EQ Zard Y.

Was using this guy a few weeks back but with a Hasty nature and an offensive ev spread. Jhon's evs is more optimal though. Heatran switches in, Heatran goes bye-bye.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
Congratulations to cant say for winning with SubSwarm HP Ground Volcarona! Your submission will be logged into the archive!

This week's victim is one that has definitely stuck (heh) around for a while!

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip / Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock / Protect / Thunder Wave​

Submissions will close and voting will begin Thursday, good luck!

EDIT: if you wanna challenge yourself, see if you can avoid random HP Fires, or, if you're for real, Fire-type moves as a whole :psyduck:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)