SM OU M-Venu Team.

Introduction

Hello, welcome this is my first post also its about the team I been laddering with. I got pretty far with it I think, broke on the 100 with it. While it been doing fine, I belive there is some room for improvement, so I wanna show what been made this far and get some feedback. Without more delays the team

Teambuilding Process

M-Venu was my favorite mega before Oras introduced M-Scep, so I decided to put it to work once again and built a team with it.

I needed a mon who was fast, powerful and who goes well with Venu so A-Ninja, was my next choice.

Volcarona was chosen to complete the Grass-Fire-Water core and to be my Special WinCon

I needed a strong Z-Move Abuser, also it works as second WinCon from the Physical side.

Zygarde is very bulk, also if stall don't have a Clefable, Kiss or a phazer it becomes a Wincon, sometimes even with one of those with some good plays.

I needed a hazard remover and a phazer so Skarmory was granted a spot.

The Team

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 44 SpD / 24 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Moves: Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb | Hidden Power [Fire] | Synthesis​

**M-Venu handle a lot of fairies, water and ground types of the meta, who could cause trouble to the team, also thanks to his ability it can handle some ice types like Weavile, Mamoswine and A-Ninetales for the teamates.**

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves: Water Shuriken | Hydro Pump | Dark Pulse | U-turn​

While normal Greninja don't hit that hard with specs alone, A-Greninja is very powerful his stabs taking a meaty chunk from neutral hits, bulk fairies, grass and waters are a problem but only Fini, Bulu, Keldeo and M-Gya resists both stabs, and if Gre already transformed they can't switch in repeteadly, also thanks to BB the Water Shuriken becomes a powerful tool to kill faster and weakened threats.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
Moves: Quiver Dance | Fire Blast | Giga Drain | Hidden Power [Ground]​

Volcarona hits very hard after a 1+ and the orb grants some extra damage on resited hits and give a boost on coverage, now stuff like Ttar, ZardY and Latios have to be healty before switch in else they are toast or die to coverage, also helps against toxapex who lives a 1+ HP Ground haze you and proced to recover or toxic you and switch to the Special Wall.

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves: Dragon Dance | Fly | Earthquake | Roost​

Mance was my to go Z-User, Moxie can snowball quite well if given opurtunity, the choice between Roost and a coverage or a second stab was hard but It allows to heal some damage form lures like HPIce Landorus and allowing to recover HP on Switch-ins.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
Nature: Careful
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Moves: Thousand Arrows | Substitute | Coil | Toxic​

Zygarde can take a lot of punishment, if the opponet don't have a bulk or strong super effective mon, high chances zygarde gona make a dent on his team. I never found a good use for more speed and need more Sp.Def to make sure some univested Special hits didn't broke my sub, also it eats stall on breakfast which is nice, albeit a little match up dependant

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Moves: Roost | Defog | Brave Bird | Whirlwind​

Skarmory was my to go Defogger and Phazer, shed shell make sure I can Defog easier without fear of magnet pull.

Weakness

Psychic types are a problem for my team. The Bolt-Beam M-Meta can either OHKO or heavily dent my my team. Tapu Lele hits very hard and sets a terrain with make psychics attacks stronger and block priority and scarf only makes it harder to my team, M-Alakzam outspeeds my entire team and can ko or dent my team with his big special stat and coverages.

The Choiced sets are very dangerous, scarf outspeed my entire team and Specs simple clicks stabs and everything falls down, Greninja can one-shot it with hydro pump but the miss chance its a problem.

Both Zards are a problem but Y is more manageable, if X is healty and with 1+ it can tear my team appart so better to keep skarmory and Venu healty till the right Zard is know.

Opposing A-Greninja are not a problem to handle, meanwhile Protean can bash my entire team with a Super Effective move. On a pinch M-Venu can Weaken it for my own Ninja to pick up with WS.

Replays

Ladder Rank

Conclusion

The team went through a lot of changes while laddering but at the end of the day I had fun building and playing with it. I still think there is some room for improvement so if anyone got some suggestion it would be most welcome.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 44 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Roost

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Coil
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)