SS NU My first (kinda) serious NU team

Hi, guys!

I'm currently a newbie when it comes to Gen 8 NU, and I wanted to make a team around Tauros because it sounded fun. I'm not that good at teambuilding and the mons themselves are extremely standard when it comes to the movesets (as you will see) but I still wanted to try out NU because it has a lot of fun mons I really like. Here is what I made:

https://pokepast.es/a927ec25a35915e3

Here's a brief explanation of the team:

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Iron Head

The bull is basically the reason why I wanted to make the team. Iron Head is there mainly to hit Diancie and Sylveon really hard (specially Diancie since this + Rotom Mow are my best tools against it) The other moves are pretty standard, so not a lot to add on that.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Moonblast

My Stealth Rocker for the team. I wanted to go with Physically Defensive Diancie so any type of Talonflame is pretty much useless against my team, and the combo of Diamond Storm's Defense boosts powering up Body Press is really cool (and it also helps Diancie in taking physical attacks in a pinch. I had a replay where Diancie basically saved me against a Scarf Passimian since it was at +4 Defense and ate up a CC to kill the monkey with Moonblast)
Oh, and the 4 Speed EVs are there just so I can outspeed other -Speed nature Diancies. Don't think those EVs are too relevant for other stats imo (correct me if I'm wrong)

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

This mon was one of the GOATs in Gen 7 NU. In fact, that tier made me really like Scarf Passimian over any other set haha
I wanted some speed for my team, and (while not the strongest) Passimian is one of the most reliable scarfers I've used. CC, Knock and U-Turn are pretty much self explanatory, and I added Rock Slide for Talonflame since most of the ones I've seen don't really run Gale Wings (I'm not a high ladder/tournament player, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot

Heliolisk is here mainly because I wanted a strong Special Attacker AND a switch-in against Water-type moves (none of the mons above like Scald) The first 3 moves (just like Passimian) are pretty standard, and I honestly added Grass Knot just as a filler move. I tried Surf before, but I barely saw myself clicking it (although it's the same with Grass Knot, not gonna lie) Please let me know suggestions for a 4th move haha.

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch

The standard (I think) Defog Rotom-Mow set. Since I need me some hazard removal for the team, I decided to go with Rotom because it can cripple physical attackers with W-o-W to help Tauros and (to a lesser extent) Diancie. Leaf Storm and Volt Switch are just there as the standard filler.

Dragalge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Flip Turn
- Scald

And as for the last mon, I wanted a slower pivot. I went with Dragalge because when I was testing the team before I was really struggling against other Poison-types. Thus, I added Dragalge to help against those.
I decided to go with the standard set that appears in the Strategy Dex (went Scald over Focus Miss because I ain't trynna miss out here) I was initially using the regular EV spread suggested, but I decided to change 4 EVs from SpAtk to Speed just so I can outspeed and still OHKO opposing standard Dragalge since that mon was also giving me trouble. The calc is 120+ SpA Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 380-448 (113.7 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you guys can see, the team ain't that creative. I just picked 6 mons that I thought worked well together to have some fun in NU. Since I ended up really liking how the team worked, I've decided to make this RMT just so I can improve it since I'm not too familiar with NU (getting tutored atm by Oathkeeper shoutouts to him)

Threats:

1634612866242.jpeg

This is Iron Defense + Body Press Bronzong looking at how weak my team is against it RIP
The darn bell always gives me some trouble battling, and I really need to change that since I will most certainly fight a Bronzong in NU due to how good it is. However, I don't really know what to do without drastically changing the team. I'll take any suggestions!

I'm sure there are way more threats that can destroy my team (can't exactly tell which ones and why since, again, I'm not that familiar with NU) so feel free to mention other mons my team struggles against! (with possible strats or changes to handle them haha) Just wanted to highlight Bronzong because MAN that bell always makes my hands click X in two seconds.

Also: I had some replays, but idk why I can't find the ones I saved when using this team RIP. Even though I would've liked to post some, atm I don't have any.

Hope you guys liked this RMT! I'm open to any suggestions:]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)