move 2: Flash Cannon
move 3: Volt Switch
move 4: Toxic / Steel Beam / Body Press
item: Choice Specs
ability: Magnet Pull / Analytic
nature: Modest
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Magnezone carves a niche in OU as a hard hitting pivot with the ability to trap and eliminate Steel-types such as Skarmory and Corviknight. Thunderbolt is Magnezone's primary STAB and is able to OHKO Corviknight and Skarmory after Stealth Rock damage. Flash Cannon lets Magnezone hit Ground-types such as Hippowdon that switch in on a predicted Thunderbolt or Volt Switch, while also hitting Pokemon such as Kyurem and Clefable for super effective damage. Volt Switch lets Magnezone act as a pivot bringing in teammates that take advantage of Pokemon that switch into Magnezone such as Blissey and Rotom-H. Magnezone deters Steel-types like Skarmory and Corviknight from switching in, so Toxic makes for a good utility move to potentially cripple an incoming Pokemon such as specially defensive Hippowdon and Zeraora. Alternatively Steel Beam can be used to emergency check runaway Pokemon such as Calm Mind Clefable, while Body Press can catch Excadrills that switch in on Magnezone. Analytic can be used if the raw power provided by it, being able to 2HKO specially defensive Hippowdon switching in with Flash Cannon, is preferred over the ability to reliably trap opposing Steel-types,

Magnezone fits best on teams that appreciate it's ability to remove Steel-types from the game. Excadrill and Rillaboom greatly benefit from Magnezone removing two of their best checks in Skarmory and Corviknight, with the former benefiting from Magnezone being able to toxic common mutal switch-ins such as Hippowdon and Rotom-H and the latter providing momentum support along with the ability to Knock Off items such as Shed Shell, ensuring Magnezone can trap opposing Steel-types. Aegislash and Togekiss appreciate Magnezone's ability to remove the Steel-types that it is weak to, letting them wallbreak much more effectively with their checks removed. Pivots make for good teammates as Magnezone must take care not to switch-in on a Body Press or U-turn. Pivots such as Urshifu and Dragapult can set up a formidable VoltTurn core with Magnezone luring in Pokemon such as Toxapex, Mandibuzz, and Clefable that Magnezone can take advantage of.

[SET]
name: Substitute
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Iron Defense
move 3: Body Press
move 4: Discharge
item: Leftovers
ability: Magnet Pull
nature: Bold
evs: 36 HP / 252 Def / 220 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This Magnezone set aims to more consistently trap Pokemon such as Ferrothorn than the Choice Specs variant. Substitute allows Magnezone to avoid Ferrothorn's Leech Seed; Iron Defense allows Ferrothorn to beat Ferrothorn while also boosting it's own Body Press. Body Press hits Pokemon such as Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Hydreigon for super effective damage, which in combination with Iron Defense and Substitute can make Magnezone difficult to revenge kill; Discharge lets Magnezone inflict super effective damage to Pokemon it traps such as Corviknight and Skarmory that aren't threatened by Body Press, along with potentially inflicting Paralysis, deterring switch ins such as Dragapult. 220 Speed EV's allow Magnezone to outspeed Crawdaunt while the rest of the EV's go towards it's physical bulk.

This Magnezone set fares best on teams with pivots moreso than the Choice Specs set, due to it's own lack of pivoting. Substitute Magnezone fits well with Pokemon that benefit from the removal of Ferrothorn such as Fairy types like Calm Mind Clefable and Primarina which are able to break much more effectively with Ferrothorn removed from the game. Azumarill also appreciates Magnezone's ability to remove one of it's best checks in Ferrothorn. Magnezone can lose to Ferrothorn if it comes in on Leech Seed so Teleport users like Blissey and Slowbro make for good teammates with their ability to lure Ferrothorn and pivot into Magnezone.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Urushifu, 522724]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:
Sup. QC wants a sub set added.

[SET]
move 2: Iron Defence

tl;dr enough speed for zone *daunt, hardest hitting press available. Tag me once you've implemented this.

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
AM Check

Add Remove Comments (RC) = Remove Comma, (AC) = Add Comma, (RH) = Remove Hyphen

name: Choice Specs
move 1: Thunderbolt
evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]
The only fully evolved Pokemon with access to Magnet Pull, Magnezone carves a niche in OU as a hard hitting pivot with the ability to trap and eliminate Steel-types such as Skarmory and Corviknight. Magnet Pull lets Magnezone trap Steel-types and prevent them from switching, (AC) though Analytic can be used if the raw power provided by it is preferred over the ability to trap Steel-types (Already explained, this isn't needed) (Separate comment, but I would move this section of talking about Magnezone's abilities below the move slot choices, though its a minor issue). Thunderbolt is Magnezone's primary STAB and is able to OHKO Corviknight and Skarmory after Stealth Rock damage. Flash Cannon lets Magnezone hit Ground-types such as Hippowdon, (RC) that switch in on a predicted Thunderbolt or Volt Switch Electric-type attack (Volt Switch hasn't been mentioned yet, so I think this is better), while also hitting Pokemon such as Kyurem and Clefable super-effectively for super effective damage. Volt Switch lets Magnezone act as a pivot, (AC) bringing in teammates that take advantage of Pokemon that Magnezone lures in switch into Magnezone ("luring" implies Magnezone can beat them one on one). Magnezone deters Steel-types like Skarmory or and Corviknight from switching in, so Toxic makes for a good utility move to potentially cripple an incoming Pokemon (I would give examples here, like Rillaboom or Hippowdon). Alternatively, (AC) Steel Beam can be used to emergency check runaway Pokemon such as Calm Mind Clefable (Specs Flash Cannon still easily 2HKOes +1 Clef, so I don't think this is the best example), while Body Press can catch Excadrill's Excadrills that switch in on into Magnezone (I'm not sure if I think Body Press deserves a mention on this set, seems like an awful move to be locked into, but that's up to QC team to decide).

Magnezone fits best on teams that appreciate it's ability to remove Steel-types from the game. Excadrill greatly benefits from Magnezone removing two of its best checks in Skarmory and Corviknight (I would mention how Excadrill also helps against special walls like Blissey that Magnezone can struggle to muscle through). Rillaboom also appreciates Magnezone's ability to remove Steel-types, (AC) while also in turn being able to knock off Knock Off items such as Shed Shell, ensuring Magnezone can trap opposing Steel-types (I would mention that Rillaboom also easily beats Ground types such as Hippowdon, that are immune to Magnezone's Electric-type attacks). Pivots make for good teammates as Magnezone must take care not to switch-in (RH) on a Body Press or U-turn. Urshifu and Magnezone can set up a formidable Volt-turn VoltTurn core with Urshifu luring in Pokemon such as Toxapex and Mandibuzz that Magnezone threatens (unnecessary), while Magnezone lures in Specially Defensive walls such as Blissey that Urshifu can take advantage of. Dragapult can lure in Fairy-types such as Clefable and pivot into Magnezone with U-turn.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This Magnezone set aims to more consistently trap Steel-type Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, (RC) and opposing Magnezone than the Choice Specs variant (unnecessary). Substitute allows Magnezone to dodge avoid Ferrothorn's Leech Seed; Iron Defense allows Ferrothorn Magnezone (I'm pretty sure this is what you meant) to beat Body Press Ferrothorn 1v1 while also boosting it's own Body Press (probably unnecessary, but I wouldn't be fully against keeping such info). Body Press hits Pokemon such as Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Hydreigon super-effectively for super effective damage, which in combination with Iron Defense and Substitute can make Magnezone difficult to revenge kill; Discharge lets Magnezone inflict super effective damage to Pokemon it traps such as Corviknight and Skarmory that aren't threatened by Body Press, along with potentially inflicting Paralysis, deterring switch-ins (RH) such as Dragapult. 220 Speed EV's allow Magnezone to outspeed Crawdaunt while the rest of the EV's go towards it's physical bulk.

This Magnezone set fares best on more defensive teams than the Choice Specs set, due to it's lack of pivoting (I think this is implied, so this may be unnecessary). Substitue Substitute Magnezone fits well with Pokemon that benefit from Ferrothorn's removal the removal of Ferrothorn such as Fairy types Fairy-types like Calm Mind + Thunderbolt Clefable and Primarina which are able to break much more effectively with Ferrothorn removed from the game (unnecessary). Toxtricity also appreciates Magnezone's ability to remove one of it's best checks in Ferrothorn. Magnezone can lose to Ferrothorn if it comes in on Leech Seed so Teleport users like Blissey and Slowbro make for good teammates with their ability to lure Ferrothorn and pivot into Magnezone with negative priority (unnecessary).

(Overall I think this is a good analysis, as most of my changes were grammar / spelling)

[CREDITS]
Hope this helped, nice job!

Last edited:

Urushifu

Banned deucer.
Thanks alot, i implemented most of the stuff you suggested. I kept the Steel Beam part in because LO Clefable commonly carries Flamethrower so you can't really hard into Mag on a potential CM

name: Choice Specs
move 1: Thunderbolt
evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def

make sure the evs are actually in order; defence comes before spatk so change that asap.

[SET COMMENTS]

The only fully evolved Pokemon with access to Magnet Pull, this is all completely unnecessary Magnezone carves a niche in OU as a hard hitting pivot with the ability to trap and eliminate Steel-types such as Skarmory and Corviknight. Magnet Pull lets Magnezone trap Steel-types this is similarly unnecessary; you've just explained its niche in the sentence prior and prevent them from switching though Analytic can be used if the raw power provided by it is preferred. Thunderbolt is Magnezone's primary STAB and is able to OHKO Corviknight and Skarmory after Stealth Rock damage. Flash Cannon lets Magnezone hit Ground-types such as Hippowdon that switch in on a predicted Thunderbolt or Volt Switch, while also hitting Pokemon such as Kyurem and Clefable for super effective damage. Volt Switch lets Magnezone act as a pivot bringing in teammates that take advantage of Pokemon that switch into Magnezone. elaborate on this; I want examples of what you're volting out on. Magnezone deters Steel-types like Skarmory and Corviknight from switching in, so Toxic makes for a good utility move to potentially cripple an incoming Pokemon. again, I want examples of what you're forcing in and crippling with toxic Alternatively Steel Beam can be used to emergency check runaway Pokemon such as Calm Mind Clefable, while Body Press can catch Excadrills that switch in on Magnezone.

Magnezone fits best on teams that appreciate it's ability to remove Steel-types from the game. Excadrill greatly benefits from Magnezone removing two of its best checks in Skarmory and Corviknight. Rillaboom also appreciates Magnezone's ability to remove Steel-types while in turn being able to Knock Off items such as Shed Shell, ensuring Magnezone can trap opposing Steel-types. I really like how you've elaborated on this but I also think you should mention Rillaboom alongside drill so it looks like something along the lines of: "rillaboom and drill greatly benefits etc. etc. rillaboom also provides momentum support + knock off support". I think it'll also just flow better in general.
Pivots make for good teammates as Magnezone must take care not to switch-in on a Body Press or U-turn. Urshifu and Magnezone can set up a formidable VoltTurn core with Urshifu luring in Pokemon such as Toxapex and Mandibuzz, while Magnezone lures in Specially Defensive walls such as Blissey that Urshifu can take advantage of. I agree with this but I don't think it's the most important partner to mention; there really should be an emphasis on steel weak breakers in general + shifu + zone just kinda sounds weird since its not like they synergise particularly well with one another aside from forcing their checks to take spikes damage. Dragapult can lure in Fairy-types such as Clefable and pivot into Magnezone with U-turn. same applies here

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

This Magnezone set aims to more consistently trap Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, and opposing Magnezone than the Choice Specs variant. opposing zone is an afterthought at best. Substitute allows Magnezone to avoid Ferrothorn's Leech Seed; Iron Defense allows Ferrothorn to beat Body Press mentioning body press is unnecessary when id is necessary to reliably beat any and all ferro Ferrothorn 1v1 try not to use monspeak (ie phrases like 1v1, wishpassing etc.) while also boosting it's own Body Press. Body Press hits Pokemon such as Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Hydreigon for super effective damage, which in combination with Iron Defense and Substitute can make Magnezone difficult to revenge kill; Discharge lets Magnezone inflict super effective damage to Pokemon it traps such as Corviknight and Skarmory that aren't threatened by Body Press, along with potentially inflicting Paralysis, deterring switch ins such as Dragapult. 220 Speed EV's allow Magnezone to outspeed Crawdaunt while the rest of the EV's go towards it's physical bulk.

This Magnezone set fares best on more defensive teams than the Choice Specs set, due to it's lack of pivoting. see i really disagree with this; it's fine to run sub zone on offence Substitute Magnezone fits well with Pokemon that benefit from the removal of Ferrothorn such as Fairy types like Calm Mind + Thunderbolt don't need to mention tbolt here; all cm clef are tbolt atm Clefable and Primarina which are able to break much more effectively with Ferrothorn removed from the game. Toxtricity also appreciates Magnezone's ability to remove one of it's best checks in Ferrothorn. not the best example given that sg just blows it away Magnezone can lose to Ferrothorn if it comes in on Leech Seed so Teleport users like Blissey and Slowbro make for good teammates with their ability to lure Ferrothorn and pivot into Magnezone.

[CREDITS]

Tag me once you've implemented everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)